Bistro Roca and Antlers Bar
143 Wonderland Trail
Blowing Rock, NC 28605Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Bistro Roca and Antlers Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bistroroca.com/
- Phone: 8282954008x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Every Day: 11:00am - 3pm
Dinner: Every Day 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, American
- Executive Chef: Michael Foreman
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining room for up to 14 at one table and up to 20 at multiple tables.
A word from Bistro Roca and Antlers Bar
One of Blowing Rock's most popular restaurants, Bistro Roca serves inventive American Bistro cuisine from Chef Seth Parker in a rustic yet elegant setting. Bistro Roca's superb staff combines efficient service with gracious hospitality and will delight you with a great selection of wines and mixed drinks from Antlers Bar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Bistro Roca and Antlers Bar - Best Restaurants in Blowing Rock ›
Bistro Roca and Antlers Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
306 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (204)fit for foodies (164)special occasion (127)great for lunch (96)romantic (95)great for outdoor dining (88)vibrant bar scene (72)great for brunch (70)hot spot (61)good for groups (60)notable wine list (47)scenic view (31)kid-friendly (25)late-night find (22)Show More
- Worth Looking ForFoodrichVIPDined on 9/17/2014While traveling the Blue Ridge Parkway we decided to spend the night in Blowing Rock. On searching for local tables, several had openings that would fit our time but this restaurant rated 4 1/2 stars for food and service with 2 $$ for cost. While the cost was higher than expected, the rest of the experience was not disappointing. The service and staff were pleasant and attentive, the food wonderful, and the atmosphere genteel rustic. The location is not easiest to find but well worth the trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- September25VIPDined on 9/17/2014We are seasonal residents & our go to choice anytime...kitchen was out of whack on this visit. 5 of 6 entrees came out together. The 6th was 10-15 minutes behind. It was a salad with salmon...how hard was that? As a courtesy, to Our guest, the waiter should have had her wine comped as a courtesy. We other 5 guests waited for hers to arrive...3 of those hot entrees. A slip up by the chef. Waiter was apologized but something comped would have taken the edge off our disappointments as they were our guests & first time diners. This is an exception but needed to be addressed by manager with a smile. No manager came by. Don't let this deter you, it's great food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FaboulousLuv2Dined on 9/14/2014Best food in the area. The consistency of their product is surprisingSpecial Features:
- Great service and awesome foodJaneDined on 9/14/2014We always love going to the Bistro. I had the wahoo special and it was so wonderful. One of the best dishes I have had at the restaurant. Brook was our waitress and she was very efficient, knowledgable and friendly. We recommend you go to the Bistro for either lunch or dinner. It is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingAPopDined on 9/14/2014We've eaten here many times and have always enjoyed our meals. Having said that, this particular night was an unfortunate exception to our previous experiences. The restaurant did not seem crowded but our server was stretched too thin. We were seated at 6:30 and it was almost 8 before we were able to leave. The server brought us water and greeted us promptly. From there on, her visits were few and far between. It took a very long time for her to return to take our order, a simple burger and salad with salmon. Another long delay until the arrival of our food. We ran out of water, served in a very small carafe, several times and had to wait for our server to appear so we could ask for more. Not a pleasant experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Experience…we'll be backfoodielistDined on 9/13/2014We visited Roca on several recommendations of friends who have traveled to the Blowing Rock area. We live in Charlotte and decided to make reservations while there on a weekend stay. It was exactly what we hoped for! Great views - we sat on their covered porch near their fireplace. Great wine list and an extremely knowledgeable waiter who knew everything from the history of the Antlers Bar (now Roca Bistro) to recommending the perfect wine from their list. We were so pleased with the experience. We plan to go back every time we are in Blowing Rock. Easy to miss this place though. It's off Main Street and Laurel up a side road. It's perfectly positioned in a residential area. Go. You won't be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great birthday dinnerMhal09Dined on 9/12/2014While the room was a bit too noisy, everything else was outstanding. Our wait person took a lot of time explaining the dinner entrees and answering our questions. I was even given a sample of the wine before I ordered it. The food was amazing. The rack of lamb I ordered (the night's special) was enough for another meal the next day and the sides it was served with were delicious. My friend ordered the elk dinner (another of the night's specials) and loved every bite. Both entrees came with a salad sampler - a great idea. I highly recommend Bistro Roca.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bistro Roca DeliverstybeefoodieDined on 9/12/2014Again Bistro Roca showed us why it is one of Blowing Rock's most popular restaurants. Day in and day out it is a great choice for a fun lunch or a lively evening meal with friends. We had a delicious lunch and very good dinner on our most recent visit. Reservations are a must for dinner, brunch and even on busy days for lunch. We had reservations for dinner but the restaurant was jammed, parking was very difficult to find and we were seated on the outside porch. Normally the porch would have been fine but it was raining and muggy that night which made the atmosphere and evening a bit less enjoyable for us. That said, whenever we are in Blowing Rock, Bistro Roca will always be on our list of favorite restaurants.Special Features:
- luvmtnsDined on 9/12/2014Great food and service. This is truly a gem of the high country.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing dining experience!CarolinaGirlDined on 9/9/2014My husband and I have been coming to Blowing Rock for many years. We had been hearing good things about Bistro Roca and finally got chance to try it out on this visit. Wonderful atmosphere-very romantic and cozy. Also very pleasant and attentive waiter. We thought with all this the food would probably be mediocre. But we were not disappointed! Both our meals were delicious. We definitely will be going back. And Open Table made is so easy to get a great reservation!Special Features:
- Will definitely returnpickydinerDined on 9/8/2014Restaurant was great with varied menu. Eggplant appetizer and salads were particularly good.Special Features:
- Best in townOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/6/2014We visit from out of state and make it a point to go to Bistro Roca - great food, service and atmosphere.Special Features:
- enjoyed as alwayscdrakeDined on 9/6/2014A suggestion. For choosing time, make 12 p.m. 12 noon. It's much easier to remember.Special Features:
- deliciousgood2goDined on 9/6/2014My husband and I took my sister to lunch at this delightful restaurant. We ate here before and enjoyed it. This time was no different. The food was delicious and the server, Steve, was friendly and attentive. It's a good idea to make reservations as this is a very popular place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We keep coming backOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/5/2014We have been coming to Bistro from the moment it opened and currently visit about once a month. It is our "to go to" place in Blowing Rock. Always a great atmosphere, friendly staff, and a menu that changes with the seasons, leaving of course some staples. If the restaurant is full (we often make a reservation, in particular on weekend nights, since it is so popular) there is always a possibility to, drink in hand, wait for a table in or seat at the bar and eat something there. The wine list is excellent and the beer list as well, with a rotating draft selection. One of our menu favorites is the changing pizza selection; all great and enough for one person or maybe to share if you want an appetizer and desert. We keep coming back.Special Features:
- Quite good--room to growDivaDined on 9/2/2014I took my stepson and girlfriend to Bistro Roca last week. The flatiron steak earned rave reviews from my stepson and I had a great pear salad. But...the wood-fired pizza's edges were almost blackened and the appetizer calamari seemed like fish sticks that didn't even resemble the usual circular/squiggly shapes f the real thing. The dining room is rustic, lovely , and quiet enough tot talk. The porch was too loud for us.Special Features:
- Consistently GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/2/2014Have dined at Bistro Roca numerous times and have always enjoyed the food, the service and the atmosphere.Special Features:
- Always a good time at Bistro RoccaBRdinersDined on 9/1/2014Food was great as well as service! One of our favorites..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite Restaurant in Blowing RockJeanneBDined on 9/1/2014Our dinner was awesome as always! Bistro Roca is our favorite place to dine in Blowing Rock!Special Features:
- Great all around!goodstufDined on 9/1/2014My husband and I like to come here for date nights and have always enjoyed it. We brought the kids last time so they could see why we love it so much. Our waiter, Steve, was very helpful, recommending the eggplant frites, which the kids demolished. My daughter now lists the lobster macaroni & cheese as her number one favorite food! We always LOVE the prosciutto wrapped figs and I always find a new wine that I love. Service was top notch and the food is unforgettable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- visitorrivergirlDined on 8/31/2014We had a great time with our two sons and daughter-in-law and everyone enjoyed their food. We were fortunate enough to be seated on the porch so the noise level was so much better than inside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Labor Day weekendOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/31/2014We have been to Bistro Roca many times and had a great experience but Sunday night was not one of them. We had reservations at 7:30 and were seated inside next to the kitchen although there were table available on the outside porch. The restaurant was hot and stuffy. The kitchen had run out of several items we wanted to order, which was disappointing. We were told when served sorbet for dessert there were no more spoons so our waiter brought fresh fork. He was personable, which made the experience OK.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun PlacelittlemamaDined on 8/31/2014We had a 6:00 reservation on a holiday Saturday night and the place was already packed. The menu has some unusual items, such as Mac & Cheese with various topping. Everything our party of 6 ordered got rave reviews. It's a bit hard to find off the beaten Main Street. But well worth the effort.Special Features:
- Excellent BrunchBB60Dined on 8/31/2014Four of us came for Sunday brunch after church. We each had a different entree, 2 salads, a wrap and a flatbread. All were well prepared and presented and tasted great, with unique combinations of tastes. Our server, Tracy was very friendly, enthusiastic and knowledgeable about the menu items and advised us when we were choosing between a couple entrees. A very relaxing time and we were very happy that we made a reservation.Special Features:
- Excellent brunchMollieDogDined on 8/31/2014Excellent food for brunch with interesting options alongside it for lunch if you're not craving breakfast foods!! Highly recommend this spot, easy to walk to from downtown Blowing Rock.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nullohDined on 8/30/2014Great Atmosphere and service. We had reservation and was seated immediately. Food is out of this world. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Usually Fabulous, Sometimes GoodCarolinaGirlVIPDined on 8/29/2014Some evenings at Bistro Roca are fabulous and some are good. A crowded Friday night in the midst of tourist season is not the best indication of the true quality of BR. Our waiter tried but found himself with too many tables so our service wasnot at the level one normally expects. The food was delicious as always. The new wine list is missing some old favorites, but the new selections continue to offer a wide variety of wines at good prices. Again lots of tourists added lots of noise to the restaurant and made talking difficult. BR obviously has become a favorite for out of towners as well as locals. Parking is annoying but a nearby village parking lot offers an alternative to the craziness of the restaurant lot. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A lovely surprisePaddymacVIPDined on 8/29/2014We went for lunch after some friends said it was their personal favorite. We could certainly see why! We both had the open face salmon sandwich, which was absolutely decadent. Great menu and good selection of craft beers. Bistro Roco will now become our go to place when in Blowing Rock!
- Food and service was phenomenalDeliversDined on 8/27/2014What a great place to just have dinner, drinks or celebrate something special. We've been here many times and NEVER been disappointed. Try it, you won't be either!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always exceptional!NCBlondieDined on 8/23/2014This is one of our favorites every time we visit my daughter who is a student at Appalachian. Love the food, atmosphere, wine list, and service. Was packed even at our 8 pm reservation time and food was pretty slow to come out even while we were enjoying our leisurely dinner. It is always worth the wait! Lobster Mac n cheese--divine! Blue cheese steak, awesome! And my Tuna was fabulous! 5 stars all the way!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bistro Roca--Rocks!KathyPeterVIPDined on 8/23/2014A great dining experience at Bistro Roca in Blowing Rock. Put it on your Go-To when next in the area. We "had to have" the figs which were fabulous. Also had the night's special of Swordfish which was excellent and the Salmon which was also prepared to perfection with the right touch of Thai curry.Special Features:
- Always great food and drinks!mangiagurlDined on 8/22/2014I am never disappointed eating at BR. The staff is always friendly, great food and cocktails. Lunch and dinner are both great times to go there. Make a reservation they are always busy! The Calamari Frites is unique and the best I have ever had so tender. The Pork ribeye is so good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- September25VIPDined on 8/22/2014We love this restaurant . We are seasonal residents & this is our first choice. Unfortunately this Friday lunch on the patio fell short of being attentive. This is a rare occurrence. Lobster roll is divine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We always Eat herecarolina61redmanDined on 8/21/2014when we come up to Blowing Rock. Great atmosphere, good food and service.Special Features:
- 6 for dinnernottoohappyDined on 8/21/2014First of all our waitress Jessica was great. Sweet, friendly and attentive. We sat on the porch and that was very nice I will say we were treated rudely when we came in. We stood beside he hostess desk for probably 2 full minutes while the hostess read an email to the manager and a young man that later took us to our table. Not one of them acknowledged that we were there. REALLY!!!! I didn't say anything until we were leaving because I didn't want to spoil our evening but did address it with the manager and hostess as we left. The manager said "thank you for sharing that with us". We will come back because we live here but I feel this should be given to Cindy and Cobb's attention.Special Features:
- Not usual serviceLeftylovesfoodDined on 8/20/2014WE had eaten at Bistro Roca several times before and had great waiters. This waiter was super friendly when taking our order (party of 4) but then forgot us. Had to remind her to bring salad and the wine. Salad was beginning to get warm by the time put on table. Entrees great even though 3 meals delivered at same time and one member of party had to wait. 3 almost completed their entrees before 4th one had food. Not the usual great service but I will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food and beerluv2tasteDined on 8/20/2014mussels, pizzas, octoipus, salads. were all fantastic. great waitress!Special Features:
- FoodieVIPDined on 8/17/2014Based on our experience, rating bistro orca poor might be a tad generous. We went on a Sunday night; it was not crowded. They "ran out" of their only special and salmon -yes, salmon-leaving one fish- tuna- which we were told was "sushi" grade. It was ordered rare. It came out medium to medium well and was not sushi grade. ($28) All dishes including the admittedly tasty but skimpy octopus appetizer had an extraordinarily generous helping of potatoes. Though half empty, the service was astoundingly slow. Pluses? A very good beer selection and some reasonable wine choices on a small wine list. There did not seem to be a manager on duty no one seemed to care how we were doing-etc.The restaurant was quite pricey even if everything had been good
- RJMJrDined on 8/17/2014As always, Bistro Roca continues to be one of our favorite eateries in Blowing Rock - as are the two other aligned restaurants: New Public House and Gideon Ridge. The owners take great care in providing delicious cuisine and service.Special Features:
- Bistro Roca always satisfiesRutledgeNCDined on 8/16/2014My wife and I travel to Blowing Rock at least twice a year and never, ever miss Bistro Roca when we are there. Just really good food, great comfy chairs, and a wonderful overall evening. Just an easy stroll from the main drag, but far enough off that beaten path to avoid the masses. We will see them again this Fall!Special Features: