Bistro Roca and Antlers Bar
143 Wonderland Trail
Blowing Rock, NC 28605Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Bistro Roca and Antlers Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bistroroca.com/
- Phone: 8282954008x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Every Day: 11:00am - 3pm
Dinner: Every Day 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, American
- Executive Chef: Michael Foreman
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining room for up to 14 at one table and up to 20 at multiple tables.
A word from Bistro Roca and Antlers Bar
One of Blowing Rock's most popular restaurants, Bistro Roca serves inventive American Bistro cuisine from Chef Seth Parker in a rustic yet elegant setting. Bistro Roca's superb staff combines efficient service with gracious hospitality and will delight you with a great selection of wines and mixed drinks from Antlers Bar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Bistro Roca and Antlers Bar - Best Restaurants in Blowing Rock ›
Bistro Roca and Antlers Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
293 reviews since June 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (195)fit for foodies (156)special occasion (114)romantic (93)great for lunch (88)great for outdoor dining (75)vibrant bar scene (73)hot spot (68)good for groups (60)great for brunch (52)notable wine list (47)scenic view (28)kid-friendly (23)late-night find (19)Show More
- LuluDined on 10/23/2014Restaurant manager came over when we arrived and suggested how they would accommodate my special dietary needs. Food was very good and plenty of options for all tastes. Excellent spot in Blowing Rock!Special Features:
- Worth the early reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014We were visiting the Blowing Rock area and Bistro Roca was recommended by a friend. The only reservation we could get was on a Sunday at 5:15. We debated over the time, but decided to go for it. It was worth the early dining experience. The service was as amazing as the food and wine. It was a wonderful experience.Special Features:
- Good as alwaysDianaDined on 10/19/2014In spite of being quite crowded, our reservation was honored, and a special table was arranged for the comfort of my husband's injured leg. The service was prompt and cheerful, and the food was good. We return time and again because we know Bistro Roca to be dependably good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great local jointOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Great menu and overall experience. Good bar area for a cocktail or after dinner drink. Great spot for those looking for local flavor without a tourist feel.Special Features:
- JodyDined on 10/18/2014Have eaten here 10 times. Never a disappointment, I can't wait for my next trip up to Blowing Rock .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a pleasant surprise!BRloverDined on 10/18/2014We have been coming to Blowing Rock for almost 20 years and have never been to Bistro Roca. We were invited by friends, and will certainly be back many times! We went for lunch---and loved it so much we went back for dinner the same day! Our entrees at both lunch and dinner were exceptionally prepared and appropriately portioned. At lunch, I had a boursin and olive pizza (superb!) while my husband had the pear shiraz salad---exceptional! Our guests enjoyed a chicken salad with fried okra and a crab sandwich. All lunch entress were fabulous! Dinner for my husband and myself was mac and cheese (lobster for me and a farm combination for him). We were dsurprised that our entrees were so different but both equally satisfying. Excellent service, both lunch and dinner. We were sad that we didn't have room for dessert! 4 stars all the way around!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/18/2014My husband and I were both excited to try this restaraunt. We had made attempts to get in for the last 2 years but they were booked solid or the wait was several hours. I made our reservations 10 days ahead. Seating was less than desireable as it was right next to the kitchen and front door; high traffic area. At first the service was good, drinks came without much wait as well as our appetizer. However, when it came time for our entree we waited a significant amount of time and our waitress was missing during this time.I ordered a special; Osso Buco, the meat was very dry in spots and I would NOT order again. My husband ordered the pan seared scallops which was very tasty. Overall, we were let down with our experience and will not return.
- Everything was wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/18/2014Grabbed drinks and dinner with friends during a recent visit to Blowing Rock. Everything we had was great! This is a must place to eat if you're in the area.Special Features:
- A Good Choice With Bistro RocaPanthergalDined on 10/18/2014This restaurant was a wonderful place to have lunch. The menu had a lot of interesting choices, the waitress was very attentive, and the food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- secluded surpriseleftybassNCDined on 10/18/2014Just a bit off the main drag from Main St, but well worth the short walk. Nice atmosphere, rustic local decor, interesting menu, and friendly staff. I recommend it and would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HoffDined on 10/18/2014Waitress was very pleasant and knowledgable about the menu. Good was exquisiteSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First visit and will come backTampanDined on 10/18/2014Met up with friends ( we both drove 2 hrs to get to this restaurant) for a luncheon and having never been there, not sure what to expect. Our waiter was thoughtful, helpful and even waited outside for our friends who were now lost, food was the best we have eaten in Blowing Rock. Next visit to town, we know where to eat.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/17/2014Always excellent! NEVER disappoints! Tastebuds always do a happy dance!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful eveningHVvacationDined on 10/16/2014Great seating on closed in porch. Quiet and comfortable. Waiter was great and the food and drink was delicious. We eat there regularly but this time was exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food when it finally arrivedKcrabbyDined on 10/12/2014Interesting menu and choices for all ages, but the kitchen was slow. Also very smokey from kitchen. The veal short ribs were tasty but quite fatty. The fish was well prepared but a small portion. This is a busy time of year with "leaf peepers" but the kitchen seemed short staffed. Parking is also an issue. This was our third visit and even with these issues it is worth a visit and we will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mountainman1Dined on 10/11/2014Outstanding staff. Front desk placed flowers for us on our table before my wife arrived. Server, Virginia, served without being noticed distractive from our dinning experience. We usually come for lunch but found our meal to be outstanding. Will come back for dinner more often. We thank so much to all as we left and they congratulated us on our anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect FindLuvfoodDined on 10/10/2014Excellent!! Would definitely come here again. Appetizers & main course were great!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful placeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/10/2014I've been going to Boone for 26 years, and this restaurant is in my top 5. I feel it may be a little pricey, between the 2 of us we spent $90, but it was still good!Special Features:
- Always a favoriteGGartistDined on 10/10/2014We really enjoy dining at Bistro Roca. It is off the main drag in Blowing Rock, but worth wandering down to. Great menu. Excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Third time out with 4ResidentwannabDined on 10/7/2014The experience was very good with our group of 4! Love the salad sampler; so glad you still offer the wrapped figs for an appetizer; they are like dessert! 3 of us got the pork chop...wonderful. The flank steak was delicious as well. Our server was excellent. Will be back soon!!Special Features:
- Good food bad servicetraveloftenVIPDined on 10/7/2014Server brought check before we finished drinking our one glass of wine, immediately after we said we didn't want dessert, would have stayed for coffee but obvious we were being rushed outSpecial Features:
- Great food, forgetful hostessSammyDined on 10/6/2014This is a wonderful restaurant with creative food and attentive service. However, the evening was marred by our initial encounter. We made a reservation at Bistro Roca for 7pm, but arrived 20 min early due to a change in plans. The hostess said that we could not be seated now, but would be seated closer to 7pm, and suggested we wait at the bar. We went to the bar and waited. At 7:20, after two other couples who arrived well after we did were seated, I inquired as to the status of our table. The hostess's eyes grew wide, and said that we would be seated shortly. Less than five minutes later, we were shown to a table. It is clear that the hostess forgot about us, but she offered no apology or explanation.Special Features:
- very cozy and intimate atmosphereBryBryDined on 10/5/2014Was recommended by a friend and really loved it. The atmosphere was perfect and menu fresh with daily specials.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bistro Roca is always great!cdrakeDined on 10/4/2014This is our go-to place for lunch. This time of year the lighting and warmth of the wood is very inviting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/27/2014On a recommendation from a friend we drove a little out of our way to have dinner here. So glad we did! The appetizers were all impressive but I wouldn't miss the Mac- n-cheese! The pork shank special will be remembered for sure! Delicious!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a leisurely lunchyoungretireeDined on 9/26/2014This was the ideal spot to meet a d catch up with an old friend! The food was very good, it wasn't too noisy and the staff never rushed us. Open Table was great for setting up a reservation off hours from across the country!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tremendous foodstevereviewDined on 9/23/2014I took my wife here for her birthday and we had a great time. The food was tremendous. We had the lobster mac and cheese which is to die for! Definitely try it. Then she had the black and blue rib eye and I had the flat iron steak. If you love steak get the rib eye! Beautiful place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique mountain diningPeachesDined on 9/22/2014Bistro Roca is a favorite for locals and visitors! The rustic atmosphere, delicious food and excellent service puts this restaurant at the top of the list. The menu is updated with local, fresh dishes seasonally. Stop in to see your friend or make some new ones!Special Features:
- RickyrocaDined on 9/21/2014Chelsey was great! Made our birthday dinner very specialSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is a Great FindOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/21/2014Our party of 6 ordered a vast array of dishes and each was delicious. Pork loin, rib eye, ribs were especially yummy. Exceptional wait staff. Brought our own bottle of wine for a reasonable $9 corkage fee. Sat out on the garden porch with the window open next to us, soft rain dripping off the roof...an idyllic setting.
- Fantastic ExperienceMaxnJeffDined on 9/21/2014We have always had wonderful food and excellent service at Bistro Roca. The servers are friendly and seem to enjoy their jobs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lunch at bistro rocacdrakeDined on 9/20/2014Excellent as always!!! We never get tired of having lunch here. We love this restaurant.Special Features:
- Worth Looking ForFoodrichVIPDined on 9/17/2014While traveling the Blue Ridge Parkway we decided to spend the night in Blowing Rock. On searching for local tables, several had openings that would fit our time but this restaurant rated 4 1/2 stars for food and service with 2 $$ for cost. While the cost was higher than expected, the rest of the experience was not disappointing. The service and staff were pleasant and attentive, the food wonderful, and the atmosphere genteel rustic. The location is not easiest to find but well worth the trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- September25VIPDined on 9/17/2014We are seasonal residents & our go to choice anytime...kitchen was out of whack on this visit. 5 of 6 entrees came out together. The 6th was 10-15 minutes behind. It was a salad with salmon...how hard was that? As a courtesy, to Our guest, the waiter should have had her wine comped as a courtesy. We other 5 guests waited for hers to arrive...3 of those hot entrees. A slip up by the chef. Waiter was apologized but something comped would have taken the edge off our disappointments as they were our guests & first time diners. This is an exception but needed to be addressed by manager with a smile. No manager came by. Don't let this deter you, it's great food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FaboulousLuv2Dined on 9/14/2014Best food in the area. The consistency of their product is surprisingSpecial Features:
- Great service and awesome foodJaneDined on 9/14/2014We always love going to the Bistro. I had the wahoo special and it was so wonderful. One of the best dishes I have had at the restaurant. Brook was our waitress and she was very efficient, knowledgable and friendly. We recommend you go to the Bistro for either lunch or dinner. It is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingAPopDined on 9/14/2014We've eaten here many times and have always enjoyed our meals. Having said that, this particular night was an unfortunate exception to our previous experiences. The restaurant did not seem crowded but our server was stretched too thin. We were seated at 6:30 and it was almost 8 before we were able to leave. The server brought us water and greeted us promptly. From there on, her visits were few and far between. It took a very long time for her to return to take our order, a simple burger and salad with salmon. Another long delay until the arrival of our food. We ran out of water, served in a very small carafe, several times and had to wait for our server to appear so we could ask for more. Not a pleasant experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Experience…we'll be backfoodielistDined on 9/13/2014We visited Roca on several recommendations of friends who have traveled to the Blowing Rock area. We live in Charlotte and decided to make reservations while there on a weekend stay. It was exactly what we hoped for! Great views - we sat on their covered porch near their fireplace. Great wine list and an extremely knowledgeable waiter who knew everything from the history of the Antlers Bar (now Roca Bistro) to recommending the perfect wine from their list. We were so pleased with the experience. We plan to go back every time we are in Blowing Rock. Easy to miss this place though. It's off Main Street and Laurel up a side road. It's perfectly positioned in a residential area. Go. You won't be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great birthday dinnerMhal09Dined on 9/12/2014While the room was a bit too noisy, everything else was outstanding. Our wait person took a lot of time explaining the dinner entrees and answering our questions. I was even given a sample of the wine before I ordered it. The food was amazing. The rack of lamb I ordered (the night's special) was enough for another meal the next day and the sides it was served with were delicious. My friend ordered the elk dinner (another of the night's specials) and loved every bite. Both entrees came with a salad sampler - a great idea. I highly recommend Bistro Roca.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bistro Roca DeliverstybeefoodieDined on 9/12/2014Again Bistro Roca showed us why it is one of Blowing Rock's most popular restaurants. Day in and day out it is a great choice for a fun lunch or a lively evening meal with friends. We had a delicious lunch and very good dinner on our most recent visit. Reservations are a must for dinner, brunch and even on busy days for lunch. We had reservations for dinner but the restaurant was jammed, parking was very difficult to find and we were seated on the outside porch. Normally the porch would have been fine but it was raining and muggy that night which made the atmosphere and evening a bit less enjoyable for us. That said, whenever we are in Blowing Rock, Bistro Roca will always be on our list of favorite restaurants.Special Features: