Bistro Roca and Antlers Bar
143 Wonderland Trail
Blowing Rock, NC 28605Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Bistro Roca and Antlers Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bistroroca.com/
- Phone: (828) 295-4008
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Every Day: 11:00am - 3pm
Dinner: Every Day 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, American
- Executive Chef: Michael Foreman
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining room for up to 14 at one table and up to 20 at multiple tables.
A word from Bistro Roca and Antlers Bar
One of Blowing Rock's most popular restaurants, Bistro Roca serves inventive American Bistro cuisine from Chef Seth Parker in a rustic yet elegant setting. Bistro Roca's superb staff combines efficient service with gracious hospitality and will delight you with a great selection of wines and mixed drinks from Antlers Bar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Bistro Roca and Antlers Bar - Best Restaurants in Blowing Rock ›
Bistro Roca and Antlers Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
279 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (192)fit for foodies (160)special occasion (117)romantic (100)great for lunch (90)hot spot (72)good for groups (69)vibrant bar scene (69)great for outdoor dining (53)great for brunch (53)notable wine list (47)scenic view (26)late-night find (22)kid-friendly (17)Show More
- Always ExcellentSGriffin2013VIPDined on 11/23/2014As usual my wife and had a very enjoyable dining experience. Our server was attentive and helpful, the atmosphere was relaxing but not stuffy, and the food was superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/22/2014Great restaurant in blowing rock. Very cozy, food and service were top notchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in the MountainsGingerVIPDined on 11/22/2014Great atmosphere, good food and a wonderful martini that is not on the menu but that you can order called a Gin I Tell YaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always excellentDianaDined on 11/22/2014We consider Bistro Roca our neighborhood hang-out. The food, service and ambiance are wonderful, and keep us coming back time and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was fantastic, food was amazing.BrentDined on 11/15/2014This is a wonderful place with great atmosphere, fantastic, attentive servers and wonderful food. The seasonal menus always offer up a little variety with lots of taste. The price for the food, service and presentation is right on point. I appreciate that they take reservations seriously and always have a table ready for us at the time promised.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 45th Anniversary EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014What a great way to celebrate our 45th wedding anniversary! Everyone with whom we came into contact was polite and helpful. Our server, Hayden, was very attentive, polite and just fun to be around. The drinks were great, the food was outstanding and the whole evening was memorable. Thanks Bistro Roca for a great evening! Mort Farris Saluda, North CarolinaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You must try itMattfromWinstonDined on 11/15/2014Great location. This was our 3rd or 4th time visiting. Always have great food in general, and I have a particular affinity for the eggplant fries appetizers. We will look forward to going back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CathyDined on 11/15/2014We had an excellent meal - food and service was very goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!neveragainDined on 11/14/2014We are frequent bistro roca visitors. We come every time we drive in from Charlotte! It's truly a one of a kind eating establishment and we never grow tired of coming!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A real favoriteJreeDined on 11/14/2014This is one of our favorite spots in Blowing Rock, which has lots of great restaurants. We had the good fortune of having Adam as our waiter for the second time. Appetizers were great-I love the prosciutto figs and my wife cannot pass up the lobster mac and cheese. Salads are served "family style" which allows diners to take as much or as little as they wish-a wonderful idea I wish more restaurants would copy. We had the specials for entrees, pork shank and striped bass, and both were creatively prepared with added ingredients. Topping it off were sweet potato cheesecake and a pear tart that were delightful. When I found out the Gigondas I wanted was no longer available Adam led me to a wonderful Napa blend. The ambiance is great-almost like a hunting lodge. I wore nice jeans and a nice shirt but one would not feel out of place in a suit or fancier dress. Overall a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasureCarolinaGirlVIPDined on 11/13/2014I met a friend for an early dinner on a snowy night in Blowing Rock. The atmosphere is always welcoming with two fireplaces to add a warm glow in winter time. The parking lot is awesome...thanks Bistro Roca! My friend and I enjoyed great food and good wines. I ordered the Flora Springs Chardonnay and loved it...and I normally don't care for Chardonnays. I cannot say enough about the staff ... everyone is so helpful and friendly. Bistro Roca is a wonderful restaurant for locals and tourists. You do need reservations on weekends and during the summer and leaf season. BTW, if you like figs, the best appetizer ever is the figs with prosciutto and balsamic glaze! YUMBO. The Mac and cheese is also phenomenal, as is the Antler Pizza. Cheers!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Found it, glad we didLuluVIPDined on 11/11/2014Spent the morning at Grandfather Mountain then looked for a place for lunch. As always, used Open Table app and found Boca. After a thrilling drive on hairpin turns and a back way into town we found it and are we glad we did. Best mussels I have ever had. We will be back.Special Features:
- Roca rocksJimSDined on 11/9/2014Our favorite. Never disappoints. We had apps Friday and dinner Sunday. Both were greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Roca rocksDanandJenDined on 11/9/2014Fig and prosciutto appetizer followed by amazing, fresh salads. Good wine list. Dessert was delicious. Server disappeared for some long stretches but otherwise fabulous experience.Special Features:
- Love this place.lovethemtsDined on 11/8/2014It was a pleasant spot to sit and relax with friends. The food was the best ever! Loved the flatbread special. Remember to get a reservation even for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LoudOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/7/2014Food was very good, service was excellent. Chairs are too low for the tables and the restaurant is loud. Great for strong drinks and casual conversation.Special Features:
- danmVIPDined on 11/2/2014been here many times, and I guess that speaks volumes alone. Always good and atmosphere is brilliant. if you can sit in the outside screened porch, do so it is like your eating in a treee house. Eggplant fritters are a very good. Sunday brunch is quite nice also.Special Features:
- Best service ever!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/1/2014Always great food, atmosphere and service. Came for my fiance's birthday, and had one of our best dining experiences ever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quaint exterior, beautiful inside!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014We had been told to eat here by a friend when she heard we were staying in blowing rock for a few days, and we also had a great experience. The service was impeccable, and the food was familiar yet had delicious and playful uniqueness. I'd definitely suggest a reservation, and their calamari won't disappoint.Special Features:
- Birthday Done RightBikerrpDined on 10/31/2014to celebrate my wife's birthday, we made reservations for Halloween evening, and we're greated and seated promptly at 8:00 pm. The food was great, and we will be back again for another meal!Special Features:
- New parking lot and great food!!!!CarolinaGirlVIPDined on 10/31/2014We eat at BR often and always enjoy the food. The menu offers great choices for all tastes. Most recently, I ate the flank stake with sausage hash browns and asparagus which was excellent. My husband had the trout with a risotto cake. He said it was flavorful and cooked to his specifications. Adam, our waiter, was helpful and efficient. One of our favorite things about BR is the staff ~ from the manager to the hostess, everyone is friendly and welcoming. One of the great new aspects of BR is that the parking lot has been paved!!! Sometimes parking is difficult at best, but now one doesn't have to worry about the potholes! Reservation are a must on weekends as BR has become a favorite with tourists as well as locals. Enjoy and cheers!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best dining in Blowing Rock!SGriffin2013VIPDined on 10/31/2014My wife and I have dined here many times, and we occasionally are joined by our young adult children. We are always delighted with the food, the service, and the atmosphere. The staff are friendly, professional, and great at what they do. We look forward to returning over and over.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is a great quality bistro!NannyVIPDined on 10/31/2014The location and the decor is great!!! Very comfortable and excellent menu with something for everyone. What a treat !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/30/2014My husband and I had dinner at Bistro Roca in October for his birthday. The food was very good, the wine moderately priced and the service was good. Blowing Rock is such a lovely little town and I'm sure we'll try Bistro Roca again, perhaps for lunch or brunch next time we visit the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good place to eatOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/30/2014Food was especially good this time and it was not as noisy as it can be. All made better by absence of families. Service was pleasant and attentive. Server had good grasp on food. RecommendedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/30/2014Soup was great but crab cake sandwich was disappointingSpecial Features:
- Great RestaurantTharrisscDined on 10/29/2014Celebrated 20th anniversary, had reservations, but ate in the bar instead. We had some local craft beers and a n appetizer of two spreads, Boursin and marinated olives. Foe dinner, husband had the lobster roll. And I had the crab cakes. Both were excellent and tasty. The peanut butter pie we had for desert was divine. This is a cozy restaurant with a varied menu and attentive servers. I loved th framed black and white photos of the dogs covering the walls in the bar. This restaurant was highly recommended to us and I highly recommend it also.Special Features:
- Blowing Rock GemwonderfuleveningDined on 10/29/2014The Bistro Roca was fantastic. We had shopped all day and had reservations for 7:30 but moved them up to 6:00 pm. The meal was wonderful. Trout and Salmon. Both were exceptional. Our waiter was very good too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExceptionalcmcmVIPDined on 10/28/2014The best food in the Blowing Rock/Boone area. Outstanding menu and the service is exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelicousRonaVIPDined on 10/27/2014Food service atmosphere a+ This was a Monday night and it was crowded. My friend and I shared the trout And we had plenty to eat. We both had drinks that were filled to the top and we eac had a dessertSpecial Features:
- CrocusCrocusDined on 10/26/2014We adored it and will be returning there on our next visit to Blowing Rock or the area.Special Features:
- Best Trout everSouthernstyleDined on 10/26/2014Excellent food at Bistro Roca. Liked the unique idea of the salad sampler and the waiter suggested an excellent Pino G.Special Features:
- A Hidden Gem Just Off Main StOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/26/2014We tried Bistro Roca on the recommendation of Blowing Rock locals, and it did not disappoint. Located just off Main Street, it features a foodie-quality menu in a comfy, lodge-like setting. We were there for brunch and I have to say their biscuits and gravy were fabulous (and $4 mimosas were a plus). My husband had a veggie flatbread pizza and said it was delicious. And even better than the food was the service...friendly with the right mixture of being there when needed, yet giving us plenty of time to enjoy our food. Next time we are in Blowing Rock, we will definitely be back for dinner.Special Features:
- DianaDined on 10/26/2014Good as always! We are frequent diners at Bistro Roca.Special Features:
- LuluDined on 10/23/2014Restaurant manager came over when we arrived and suggested how they would accommodate my special dietary needs. Food was very good and plenty of options for all tastes. Excellent spot in Blowing Rock!Special Features:
- Worth the early reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014We were visiting the Blowing Rock area and Bistro Roca was recommended by a friend. The only reservation we could get was on a Sunday at 5:15. We debated over the time, but decided to go for it. It was worth the early dining experience. The service was as amazing as the food and wine. It was a wonderful experience.Special Features:
- Good as alwaysDianaDined on 10/19/2014In spite of being quite crowded, our reservation was honored, and a special table was arranged for the comfort of my husband's injured leg. The service was prompt and cheerful, and the food was good. We return time and again because we know Bistro Roca to be dependably good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great local jointOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Great menu and overall experience. Good bar area for a cocktail or after dinner drink. Great spot for those looking for local flavor without a tourist feel.Special Features:
- JodyDined on 10/18/2014Have eaten here 10 times. Never a disappointment, I can't wait for my next trip up to Blowing Rock .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a pleasant surprise!BRloverDined on 10/18/2014We have been coming to Blowing Rock for almost 20 years and have never been to Bistro Roca. We were invited by friends, and will certainly be back many times! We went for lunch---and loved it so much we went back for dinner the same day! Our entrees at both lunch and dinner were exceptionally prepared and appropriately portioned. At lunch, I had a boursin and olive pizza (superb!) while my husband had the pear shiraz salad---exceptional! Our guests enjoyed a chicken salad with fried okra and a crab sandwich. All lunch entress were fabulous! Dinner for my husband and myself was mac and cheese (lobster for me and a farm combination for him). We were dsurprised that our entrees were so different but both equally satisfying. Excellent service, both lunch and dinner. We were sad that we didn't have room for dessert! 4 stars all the way around!Special Features: