Bistro Roca and Antlers Bar
143 Wonderland Trail
Blowing Rock, NC 28605Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Bistro Roca and Antlers Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bistroroca.com/
- Phone: 8282954008x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Every Day: 11:00am - 3pm
Dinner: Every Day 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, American
- Executive Chef: Michael Foreman
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining room for up to 14 at one table and up to 20 at multiple tables.
A word from Bistro Roca and Antlers Bar
One of Blowing Rock's most popular restaurants, Bistro Roca serves inventive American Bistro cuisine from Chef Seth Parker in a rustic yet elegant setting. Bistro Roca's superb staff combines efficient service with gracious hospitality and will delight you with a great selection of wines and mixed drinks from Antlers Bar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeighborhood Gem
Bistro Roca and Antlers Bar - Best Restaurants in Blowing Rock ›
Bistro Roca and Antlers Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
295 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (202)fit for foodies (158)special occasion (129)great for lunch (99)romantic (99)great for outdoor dining (85)great for brunch (76)vibrant bar scene (68)good for groups (61)hot spot (52)notable wine list (46)scenic view (30)kid-friendly (28)late-night find (19)Show More
- Always a good time at Bistro RoccaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/1/2014Food was great as well as service! One of our favorites..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- visitorOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/31/2014We had a great time with our two sons and daughter-in-law and everyone enjoyed their food. We were fortunate enough to be seated on the porch so the noise level was so much better than inside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Labor Day weekendOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/31/2014We have been to Bistro Roca many times and had a great experience but Sunday night was not one of them. We had reservations at 7:30 and were seated inside next to the kitchen although there were table available on the outside porch. The restaurant was hot and stuffy. The kitchen had run out of several items we wanted to order, which was disappointing. We were told when served sorbet for dessert there were no more spoons so our waiter brought fresh fork. He was personable, which made the experience OK.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/31/2014We had a 6:00 reservation on a holiday Saturday night and the place was already packed. The menu has some unusual items, such as Mac & Cheese with various topping. Everything our party of 6 ordered got rave reviews. It's a bit hard to find off the beaten Main Street. But well worth the effort.Special Features:
- Excellent BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014Four of us came for Sunday brunch after church. We each had a different entree, 2 salads, a wrap and a flatbread. All were well prepared and presented and tasted great, with unique combinations of tastes. Our server, Tracy was very friendly, enthusiastic and knowledgeable about the menu items and advised us when we were choosing between a couple entrees. A very relaxing time and we were very happy that we made a reservation.Special Features:
- Excellent brunchMollieDogDined on 8/31/2014Excellent food for brunch with interesting options alongside it for lunch if you're not craving breakfast foods!! Highly recommend this spot, easy to walk to from downtown Blowing Rock.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Usually Fabulous, Sometimes GoodCarolinaGirlVIPDined on 8/29/2014Some evenings at Bistro Roca are fabulous and some are good. A crowded Friday night in the midst of tourist season is not the best indication of the true quality of BR. Our waiter tried but found himself with too many tables so our service wasnot at the level one normally expects. The food was delicious as always. The new wine list is missing some old favorites, but the new selections continue to offer a wide variety of wines at good prices. Again lots of tourists added lots of noise to the restaurant and made talking difficult. BR obviously has become a favorite for out of towners as well as locals. Parking is annoying but a nearby village parking lot offers an alternative to the craziness of the restaurant lot. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A lovely surprisePaddymacDined on 8/29/2014We went for lunch after some friends said it was their personal favorite. We could certainly see why! We both had the open face salmon sandwich, which was absolutely decadent. Great menu and good selection of craft beers. Bistro Roco will now become our go to place when in Blowing Rock!
- Food and service was phenomenalDeliversDined on 8/27/2014What a great place to just have dinner, drinks or celebrate something special. We've been here many times and NEVER been disappointed. Try it, you won't be either!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always exceptional!NCBlondieDined on 8/23/2014This is one of our favorites every time we visit my daughter who is a student at Appalachian. Love the food, atmosphere, wine list, and service. Was packed even at our 8 pm reservation time and food was pretty slow to come out even while we were enjoying our leisurely dinner. It is always worth the wait! Lobster Mac n cheese--divine! Blue cheese steak, awesome! And my Tuna was fabulous! 5 stars all the way!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bistro Roca--Rocks!KathyPeterVIPDined on 8/23/2014A great dining experience at Bistro Roca in Blowing Rock. Put it on your Go-To when next in the area. We "had to have" the figs which were fabulous. Also had the night's special of Swordfish which was excellent and the Salmon which was also prepared to perfection with the right touch of Thai curry.Special Features:
- Always great food and drinks!mangiagurlDined on 8/22/2014I am never disappointed eating at BR. The staff is always friendly, great food and cocktails. Lunch and dinner are both great times to go there. Make a reservation they are always busy! The Calamari Frites is unique and the best I have ever had so tender. The Pork ribeye is so good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- September25VIPDined on 8/22/2014We love this restaurant . We are seasonal residents & this is our first choice. Unfortunately this Friday lunch on the patio fell short of being attentive. This is a rare occurrence. Lobster roll is divine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We always Eat herecarolina61redmanDined on 8/21/2014when we come up to Blowing Rock. Great atmosphere, good food and service.Special Features:
- 6 for dinnernottoohappyDined on 8/21/2014First of all our waitress Jessica was great. Sweet, friendly and attentive. We sat on the porch and that was very nice I will say we were treated rudely when we came in. We stood beside he hostess desk for probably 2 full minutes while the hostess read an email to the manager and a young man that later took us to our table. Not one of them acknowledged that we were there. REALLY!!!! I didn't say anything until we were leaving because I didn't want to spoil our evening but did address it with the manager and hostess as we left. The manager said "thank you for sharing that with us". We will come back because we live here but I feel this should be given to Cindy and Cobb's attention.Special Features:
- Not usual serviceLeftylovesfoodDined on 8/20/2014WE had eaten at Bistro Roca several times before and had great waiters. This waiter was super friendly when taking our order (party of 4) but then forgot us. Had to remind her to bring salad and the wine. Salad was beginning to get warm by the time put on table. Entrees great even though 3 meals delivered at same time and one member of party had to wait. 3 almost completed their entrees before 4th one had food. Not the usual great service but I will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food and beerluv2tasteDined on 8/20/2014mussels, pizzas, octoipus, salads. were all fantastic. great waitress!Special Features:
- FoodieVIPDined on 8/17/2014Based on our experience, rating bistro orca poor might be a tad generous. We went on a Sunday night; it was not crowded. They "ran out" of their only special and salmon -yes, salmon-leaving one fish- tuna- which we were told was "sushi" grade. It was ordered rare. It came out medium to medium well and was not sushi grade. ($28) All dishes including the admittedly tasty but skimpy octopus appetizer had an extraordinarily generous helping of potatoes. Though half empty, the service was astoundingly slow. Pluses? A very good beer selection and some reasonable wine choices on a small wine list. There did not seem to be a manager on duty no one seemed to care how we were doing-etc.The restaurant was quite pricey even if everything had been good
- RJMJrDined on 8/17/2014As always, Bistro Roca continues to be one of our favorite eateries in Blowing Rock - as are the two other aligned restaurants: New Public House and Gideon Ridge. The owners take great care in providing delicious cuisine and service.Special Features:
- Bistro Roca always satisfiesRutledgeNCDined on 8/16/2014My wife and I travel to Blowing Rock at least twice a year and never, ever miss Bistro Roca when we are there. Just really good food, great comfy chairs, and a wonderful overall evening. Just an easy stroll from the main drag, but far enough off that beaten path to avoid the masses. We will see them again this Fall!Special Features:
- A hit and a missJimPDined on 8/16/2014Great location and a brisk Saturday night business is always a good thing. The menu is right on point for a date night (or birthday in this case). They were having issues with the tap system, do draft beers were out. It didn't start well, nor did it finish well. Our server just seemed off and it showed. No specials, no recommendations, no bread for that matter. My wife's steak was overcooked, and mine under cooked. If they were the same cuts we might have swapped, but we ordered different so we just got through it. We didn't even get the obligatory "how's the temperature on your steak" question after our first cut. A different server came to grab plates as we finished and were never offered dessert. Big Birthday Fowl!Special Features:
- BusyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014It was very busy, and we waited at least 30-40 mins for our food, need to hire more cooks..Especially when there is Art in the Park…on that weekend. The waitress said, the kitchen is getting slammed..No kidding, but if you know ahead of time the amount of people that will be in Blowing Rock for that weekend..duhSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Off Night for PizzaJJSReviewsDined on 8/15/2014Returned to Bistro Roca after great wood-fired pizza last year. Even reserved 2 separate nights. Must have had an Off night, because the pizza dough was doughy & not seasoned adequately. We have cancelled our 2nd booking & will try another restaurant this trip. Disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A good place for something special!LeChatDined on 8/14/2014This is a "special event" place to be! Good good, fairly quite, excerpt bar ( but no Wild Turkey 101 or "WOOD-FORD Reserve" bourbon! PS There is no hyphen in the name of that bourbon, but the open table spell check will not let you use the word!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful restaurantMFoyVIPDined on 8/12/2014Nice menu and everything was great...food and service. Drinks a little pricey. Beautiful atmosphere off the main road downtown Blowing Rock.Special Features:
- Very pleased.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/12/2014A local in a coffee shop recommended the restaurant and raved about the salmon. We enjoyed that and a halibut dinner in the screened outside room. Server was attentive and animated. Food was tasty and nicely presented. We were visiting from FL and are picky about our fish. They did a great job. Highly recommended! Blowing Rock has lots of dining choices. We were lucky to be directed to Bistro Roco.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed feelings.DWandzVIPDined on 8/11/2014Our favorite restaurant in Blowing Rock! Eat there often and always take our visiting friends. I usually make a reservation on Open Table but it was last minute so we ran over at 7:30. I figured they must leave a few tables open for walk in regulars! Nope. We were told they weren't seating for 45 minutes. I could see many open tables but figured a staffing or reservation issue so we sat in the bar. And logged in to Open Table. Lo and behold a seating in 15 minutes. We were seated 15 minutes later. Many tables remained open for our entire stay. Still love the atmosphere, love the food but have mixed feelings about the experience. Open Table was the way to go but would have loved some accommodation from a fav restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DlcunnDined on 8/11/2014Love it when a restaurant has your table ready at your reserved time! Great food & service. Only comment, it was unfortunate that they were out of Gluten Free Pizza Crust, as GF is a necessity for my wife & the Pizza is her favorite item, but she still enjoyed her second choice-a salad with grilled chicken.Special Features:
- September25VIPDined on 8/11/2014Consistently superb cuisine & service. We enjoy going around 6 when noise level is lower. We are seasonal residents who know this bistro well & it is our first choice.Special Features:
- GreatjulieDined on 8/10/2014Nice location, charming and quiet. The food choices were great and the flavor amazing. Adequate price and good service. Will return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't miss if in Blowing RockluluDined on 8/10/2014This was a return visit to this restaurant and I definitely will again. Love the ambiance and the food is superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerLuckymanDined on 8/9/2014Dinner was wonderful, had a reservation for 4 and they upgraded it to 5 with no problem. The salad sampler that comes with the entrees is wonderful and it can serve as a meal as well.Special Features:
- Always a great experienceSirenaVIPDined on 8/9/2014We have been to Bistro Roca several times and also take our out of town guest with us. Everyone is always very impressed with the food. Great service and we love sitting in either indoor or covered patio. Love their signature drinks. Kitchen & bar really know their stuff. It's not a large menu but it's a great one. I'm always a bit leery of restaurants with pages and pages of menus.Special Features:
- DlcunnDined on 8/8/2014Favorite Place for Food and Atmosphere in Blowing Rock NCSpecial Features:
- JskGrammyKDined on 8/7/2014Excellent dinner, as always. Mountain trout was delicious as well as the crab cakes. The sides are always wonderful complements to the entree and not the ordinary sides. We leave each time looking forward to our next trip to Blowing Rock and dinner at Bistro Roca.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good ValueOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/6/2014The food is quite good for the money and the service makes it a comfortable , cozy place to dine. My 10-year old grandson enjoyed it and it was casual enough for him to feel at ease.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in Blowing Rock2merrymunchersDined on 8/5/2014Great atmosphere, food and service. Always fun and always a new dish to trySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upscale casualJPP1995Dined on 8/5/2014Bistro Roca has created an intimate dining experience where everyone can be comfortable! Whether you or your guests prefer a wood-fired pizza or something more dramatic as in a five-course dinner --- all will find what they want! Great ambiance and if you love dogs you will spend hours reviewing all the photos in the bar --- with a martini in hand of course. Only criticism was the attentiveness of the wait staff to details such as explaining the family style serving of the salad, providing clean dishes, and removing dirty plates, empty glasses and silverware before serving dessert.Special Features:
- Aug 5, 2014, dinnerJohnDined on 8/4/2014dinner was excellent and the staff was kind and friendly. the pork ribeye was cooked to perfection with the grits and fennel. the trout was great as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classy place to meet & greet!BRloversSnLDined on 8/3/2014One of our favorite places to go for a special meal. Only an hour from home and worth the trip. Great experience every time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.