Bistro Provence - Boca Raton
2399 N. Federal Hwy
Boca Raton, FL 33431Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
Bistro Provence - Boca Raton
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bistroprovence.com/
- Phone: (561) 368-2340
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00PM - 9:00PM
Friday - Saturday: 5:00PM - 10:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Eric Mourjan
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Wine
A word from Bistro Provence - Boca Raton
Established in July 2000, Bistro Provence has become an institution in Boca Raton, considered the best French cuisine in the upscale community of Boca Raton. With a combination of award-winning cuisine and excellent service Bistro Provence is the perfect venue for corporate and private functions. Our professional staff will tend to your every need from start to finish. From the initial event coordination to the custom printed menus, we strive to make your experience with Bistro Provence only the best. Our goal is simply to provide the best possible Bistro Provence experience available. If you have a questions or a request please do not hesitate to contact us; we are at your service from beginning to end.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bistro Provence - Boca Raton reviews from OpenTable diners
16 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance3.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (9)fit for foodies (5)kid-friendly (3)notable wine list (2)special occasion (2)good for groups (1)Show More
- What a gem!sallyddVIPDined on 11/20/2014Bistro Provence continues to be a favorite. We can always count on a wonderful meal and delightful service. LOVED the lentil soup on our most recent visit and my husband thought his Lemon Sole was outstanding. We love the quiet ambiance and outstanding care in the service. Thanks for another wonderful meal!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casual FrenchJackDined on 11/8/2014Reminds one of a restaurant that may often be seen in the south of France. Food is somewhat above average. Not much that is different or exciting. Great staff and friendly casual attitudes.I would recommend this to a friend.
- gerryboy48Dined on 10/10/2014the foods were not goods. vegetables poorly prepares. odors of humidity. Service very good
- Mixed reviewssallyddVIPDined on 9/19/2014The starter antipasti was very nice, as was the crusty bread. My linguine with white clam sauce was very good, but the mussels starter was really a bit "funky"...like maybe they were kept a day too long. Husband's pasta with bolognese was just OK. We will try again.
- What a gem!sallyddVIPDined on 8/1/2014What a delightful evening we had at Bistro Provence! The whole evening was laid back and enjoyable. The moules frites and lemon sole were both wonderful! We enjoyed a lovely bottle of white burgundy wine, recommended by our delightful waiter Alain. Especially at summer special prices this place can't be beat!!! We will be back very soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 132 reviews are from the Bistro Provence - Boca Raton reviews archive.
- a little plainer food then expectedJayneDined on 7/19/2014My husband had the duck and really liked it a lot - had a delicious sauce. I had the rack of lamb (we ordered the $32.50 PP 3 course dinner - lamb was extra $5) which was very plain - no sauce at all - it wasn't bad but it wasn't excellent either. The carrots and other veggies that came with it also had no special flavor. The apple tart was very nice. All in all it was a fair restaurant - I was expecting more. I was told next day that they have an early bird which would have cost about half the over $100 our meal with tip came to - at half the price this might have sat better with me - for $100 I expect a meal like I get at Cafe Maxx and this wasn't anywhere near that qualitySpecial Features:
- 3 of Us were HappyDelrayDollVIPDined on 7/9/2014I had my usual baked mussels, two of the group of 4 had the pate (can't remember 4th). My scallops were excellent. Hubby was disappointed in his lamb rack which he's had several times in the past -- thought the meat just too gamey. Other friend had the lamb shank which he thoroughly enjoyed. Other friend had the veal marsala. My flan was great; hubby's wasn't even cooked brown on top. Something was wrong!!Special Features:
- Ttue discoverydocvitVIPDined on 7/6/2014I was pleasantly surprised to find this neighborhood gem in Boca area. food is excellent service is very nice food at reasonable pricesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ExperienceDaisyVIPDined on 7/6/2014First time at restaurant. Food and service were great. My husband and I will definitely go back. I had the duck; crisp skin and no fat. Wonderful taste. Had the baked mussel appetizer. Wish the mussels were a little smaller and more gralicky. My husbands fish and pate appetizer were very good. Loved the creme brulee!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood gem.KershaspDined on 4/28/2014We always love going there. Management is very friendly, as is all the staff, in addition to being extra helpful. Can't recumbent enough.Special Features:
- WonderfulCornwallVIPDined on 4/28/2014Delicious food and wonderful personal service. Will definitely return!Special Features:
- Bistro ProvenceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/28/2014Great food and service, we were very impressed with the restaurant. Would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Fine French CuisingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/25/2014Bistro Provence offers a wonderful selection of authentic French favorites. Paired with a fine bottle of wine, the dining experience was excellent. The atmosphere is warm and friendly. The wait staff is helpful and attentive.Special Features:
- Dinner with out of town friendsfoofdieVIPDined on 4/2/2014Had late dinner with friends from San Francisco. Waiter pushed much more expensive specials, when we came in for prix fixe menu. Special fish was no better than other fish served. French bread was not hot and soft or as fresh as usual. My friends enjoyed their meals, duck, crisp sauce on the side. My grouper francaise was excellent. Desserts were okay, but not really outstanding. One man ordered a glass of wine that never came, and was not charged for either. All in all, it was good, it is a small storefront place that we have been to many times, and will return. However, it really isn't anything super special.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Hidden GemKershaspDined on 3/30/2014Now that I write this review, everyone will find out about this place, which would be good for it. The staff is friendly, and the food is great. The quarters are a bit close but, once you get going, you usually don't notice unless the people at the next table are extra noisy. We had a great time, and look forward to taking more of our friends there.Special Features:
- Never on Saturday nightOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/29/2014We have had consistently great food at Bistro Provence but going back on a rainy Saturday night was a notable mistake. There is no waiting area & we arrived just a few minutes early for our reservation. This began a very crowded & uncomfortable dining experience was the food worth it? Not if we could go at another time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always A Great Dining Experiencethatguy985Dined on 3/21/2014Brought out-of-town guests to dine here. Their first visit. Wife & I have been here multiple times. Claudine (owner) and Nellie (Waitperson) are professional and, sometimes, funny as well. Food is well prepared. Unless one is a picky diner, just about anything off the menu will be excellent. Only complaint (wife's) was too much food. BTW, she did not complain the next evening when she ate her leftovers with gusto! Our guests were impressed, and made sure we ate at Bistro Provence during their next visit to FL.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- greatbocafoodsVIPDined on 3/19/2014Family owned and run. Great food and service. Real French restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverallScofferDined on 3/17/2014Great food, warm welcome from patron, like being in a bistro in France , only one small complaint, cutlery is tacky ,needs replacing, have been before would go againSpecial Features:
- Great Food and Reasonable too!MKF1VIPDined on 3/15/2014Consistently excellent food, attentive but not pretentious service. It's hard to believe that they have kept their prices so low and the quality of the food so high. I eat in high end restaurants all the time where the cost of an entree is much, much higher. This meal is just as good and much less expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Real French food in BocaTrefoilDined on 3/15/2014Decided to give this place a try while vacationing in Boca and we'll be back. Warm, competent service and excellent unpretentious food. Chicken liver mousse and escargot started us off, with local grouper Provençal and perfectly cooked duck to follow. The duck half was two leg quarters, which were succulent and juicy. We are probably not alone in singing it's praises.Special Features:
- Have been eating here forOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/15/2014Have been eating here for many years Food consistently good(typical French bistro) Way too crowded and noisy.forget conversation Menu does not change , except for a couple of specials. Parking is almost Impossible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As always...Good selectionsEatfineVIPDined on 3/8/2014As always...Good selections delivered as ordered..desserts are a specialty...Like that when U order the dinners there is A large choice & many dessertsSpecial Features:
- Authentic French in Boca RatonmtraubDined on 3/7/2014We were in Boca for a family function/weekend away and were looking for a nice place for a Friday evening. A search of Open Table gave us this nice little place on Federal Highway. Though we didn't expect a lot, my escargot were perfectly prepared and my veal francaise was quite good as well. My wife enjoyed her sole, which I tasted as well and thought excellent. Nice, friendly service and a good profiterole made this a good evening out at a very reasonable price. The prix fixe is a great bargain.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at Bistro ProvencefoofdieVIPDined on 3/7/2014We have been dining here for many years. Small family owned french/continental restaurant. Great escargot and onion soup. Very good pate nice caesar salad. Good value 3 course dinner, app. entree with veggie and potato or rice and dessert. Excellent fish dishes My daughter had scallops and loved them. My husband had duck,crisp with sauce on the side. When you sit down they bring you hot french bread and tapenade that is out of this world. Excellent flan, and profiteroles. Daughter had peach tart and did not like it. Only serves wine, no mixed drinks. Not a fancy place, but good food and service. Owner is from France. Last time our food was served lukewarm, they took it back and reserved it piping hot. Will eat here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GOING DOWNHILLOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/5/2014WE HAVE BEEN HERE MANY TIMES IN THE PAST AND SOMETHING HAS CHANGED--THE SERVICE WAS LIGHTNING FAST WITHOUT ANY CARE--PRACTICALLY BEFORE WE FINISHED A COURSE THE NEXT WAS BEING SERVED---THE FOOD WAS VERY ORDINARY---DO THEY HAVE A NEW CHEF???? NOT RETURNING ANY TIME IN THE NEAR FUTURE
- Dining with TemutemuDined on 3/1/2014My first visit to Bistro Provence will certainly not be my last! We were seated immediately by the charming hostess, with whom I enjoyed chatting in French. Let me say, first, that I take note of everything! So, the butter that was served with the bread was fresh, and had no "old frig" taste (a blessing), and the dip had a lovely garlic tang. I chose the snail appetizer, my friend chose the Caesar salad; the snail's sauce was tasty, but a tad too salty. For our entrees, my friend chose the Atlantic salmon, which she enjoyed, and I chose the rack of lamb, medium rare. The lamb chops were cooked to perfection, slightly more on the rare side, and were tender and meaty, although I found the sauce a bit heavy. The desserts were lovely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food great, service lackingJamesVIPDined on 2/22/2014The food at Bistro Provence was wonderful. The grouper and veal were delicious. The vegetables were especially well prepared. However, the service was terrible. In fact, our waiter basically forgot about us. Another server had to get us dessert and coffee and we practically had to beg for the check.Special Features:
- Great French bistroirwingVIPDined on 2/21/2014You feel as if you are in a bistro in france. The food is superb and the staff are jovial and attentive. They make you very comfortable. Make sure you try the poached pear or the apple tart for desert.Special Features:
- Very nice French BistroCatsmeowVIPDined on 2/19/2014Food and service were good. We had the 3 course prix fixed dinner which was a good value. Hubby had lamb shank that was falling-off-the-bone tender, the way it should be and I had the veal piccata that also was tender and very flavorful. I also had the escargot which were excellent and I enjoyed sopping up all the garlic butter sauce with the crusty French bread. For dessert he had the chocolate cake with creme anglaise (more like a cupcake he said) and I had the apple tart on puff pastry. My only complaint with that is that it was served right out of the refrigerator. It would have tasted better if it had been served warm. Parking is really tight due to other restaurants being in the same shopping center.Special Features:
- Excellent dinner. The foodSteveDined on 2/18/2014Excellent dinner. The food was very tasty, the price reasonable, the entire experience was positive We will be back.Special Features:
- Valentine's Day DinnerWallyDined on 2/15/2014Even with a reservation, getting seated was a joke -- waited nearly 30 minutes while people kept cramming in the tiny front entrance, arguing with the hostess over tables & whether or not they, too, had a reservation. Once seated, we were up against the wall with an inch of space between us and the next table, and no way for the waiter to reach us! Finally it was suggested we move to a table in the back next to the kitchen door, in which a series of "help" were continually flowing in & out. Not exactly my idea of a relaxing environment... BUT....once re-seated, the service was excellent, and the food quality and presentation also excellent. Would I go back? Probably, but it wouldn't be high on my list....too small with little privacy.Special Features:
- Tres FantastiqueSandyWVIPDined on 2/15/2014Food was exceptional. The place was very crowded and the staff super busy. I had read prior reviews that indicated the staff was not friendly...have to disagree. I think that considering the how small the restaurant is and how many people they server they do a great job. I ordered the scallops and they were delicious. I also tried the lamb, which was exceptional. The tables are very close to each other so be prepared to make friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Classic French bistro inOpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 2/14/2014A Classic French bistro in all ways! From the food to the servers and chef Not heavy sauces as one would imagine, just fresh delicious simple ingredients. Although we did have to wait outside for 45 minutes it was valentines nite and the food made up for it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood FrenchFitzDined on 2/14/2014YES IT WAS VALENTINES DAY BUT THE FOOD WAS EXCELLENT THE SERVICE WAS GOOD CONSIDERING THE HOLIDAY WE BOTH ENJOYED OURSELVES AND WOULD GO BACK AT ANY TIMESpecial Features:
- Always GoodBabepresVIPDined on 2/14/2014Lovely and delicious dinner for Valentine's Day. We've eaten here often through the years and always enjoy it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great locals placeJRBocaVIPDined on 2/14/2014My third time there and always great. Claudine is a delight. This place will remind you of that little cafe you found in France on your last trip. It's a must dine when you're in Boca.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great meal!Satin4meVIPDined on 1/29/2014Been here a number of times and never disappointed.... consistently tasty, well-prepared food ,,,,, warm atmosphere,,,, charming place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous FoodMaxineDined on 1/11/2014This hidden gem in Boca Raton offers a fantastic French bistro experience. Their three-course dinner is a great deal with a sufficient choices for each course. The onion soup is especially good as are the fish dishes. And don't miss the apple tart for dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WHAT A FRENCH BISTRO IS ALL ABOUTBLIPDined on 1/11/2014THIS QUAINT FRENCH BISTRO REMINDS ONE OF THE TRUE BISTRO IN NON-URBIN FRANCE. THE SERVICE AND FOOD IS VERY TYPICAL.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.