1403 Girard NE
Albuquerque, NM 87106Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://piattininm.com/
- Phone: 5057921700
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00 AM- 2:00 PM
Mid-Day Menu: Daily: 2:00 PM- 5:00 PM
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00 PM- 9:00 PM, Friday - Saturday: 5:00 PM- 10:00 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary Italian, Italian, Wine Bar
- Executive Chef: Peter Lukes
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Local small bands, acoustic groups and the occasional classical group on weekends.
A word from Bistro Piattini
Piattini is the creation of husband and wife team, Pete and Maggie Lukes. We love to travel, and to eat! We have found that our most enjoyable and memorable dining experiences have been where we were able to order many small plates with just a few perfect bites of food, that we could share. Sharing food and experiences together made our connections to one another as a family stronger and more meaningful. Piattini means "small plates" in Italian. Our fabulous creations are crafted from the finest, freshest ingredients; Organic, farm-raised, and locally sourced. We offer gluten- free options for 90% of our menus. Food and drink brings people together, which brings community together. We hope that Piattini will become a favorite neighborhood spot in which community can gather and enjoy delicious meals, share some wine and savor good company.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Bistro Piattini - Best Restaurants in Albuquerque ›
Bistro Piattini reviews from OpenTable diners
127 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (91)fit for foodies (64)special occasion (46)great for lunch (43)notable wine list (31)good for groups (26)romantic (22)hot spot (14)great for brunch (12)late-night find (9)kid-friendly (8)vibrant bar scene (4)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Best ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Great service and the food is fabulous. Decor very well done. Will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Recommend PiattiniPatrickDined on 9/13/2014Truly outstanding food and great service. Highly recommend for a very enjoyable dinner.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/7/2014Reservations at 7. Heard the specials. Ordered in within 10 min. and the special was already gone. Disappointing. A very good meal with the regular menu.
- Close to ItalianItalianfoodloverDined on 9/5/2014After living in Italy for four years I got spoiled. Had about given up on finding anything close to "real" Italian in ABQ. Then we went to Piattini!!! Food, wine, and service were great. The waiter even pronounced the words right. A very refreshing place with the closest I can find to Italian food in ABQ. Invito tutti i miei amici per godere di questo luogo.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food but noisyabqdinerDined on 9/5/2014we love this place...even though it is sometimes too noisy and busy for my taste. Definitely a happening spot! Try the quatro formaggio pizza....The one dessert that I tried was a disappointment, but otherwise everything is good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodBikerguyVIPDined on 9/3/2014The food was wonderful. I had linguine with white clam sauce and my wife had shrimp scampi. There were tons of clams in the linguine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hummmmmcleughDined on 9/2/2014mediocre italian re: freshness and overall. my partners order was not "heard" therefore did not arrive.... cider is good!
- sunday dinnerWendeeDined on 8/31/2014We had dinner early on a Sunday evening so the restaurant was quiet and comfortable. Our waiter was very new but worked very hard to answer our questions about food and wine. We eventually settled on arancini, caprese salad and penne primavera. All were delicious, fresh, and well prepared. We had a nice leisurely meal and enjoyed everything very much. It was our first visit but we would definitely go back.Special Features:
- P's birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014Always a delightful experience! Wait staff is always available but not hovering.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time at Bistro Piattinibadkins42Dined on 8/23/2014This was our first time dining at Bistro Piattini and we will certainly go back. The food was very good and the menu options are great for those with a big appetite or those who just want to taste several items on the small plate side. We had a very nice bottle of wine and the wine list is extensive.Special Features:
- Great appetizershaasehDined on 8/23/2014The appetizers and decor are great. The pizza was boring. Stick with Italian specialities and forget the pizza.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice but too loud!GiuseppeDined on 8/22/2014This is a good restaurant but is very loud when full. Could barely hear our dinner guests for most of the meal until things cleared out a bit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedSandiaikeDined on 8/19/2014Main flavor was salt in my dish and in my guests. The Granchio was mushy and the Frutti de Mare was clearly frozen mussels as they were tough and leathery. I had better meals for half the price at Olive Garden! The desert, a deconstructed tiramisu bundt was both visually unappealing and served in hot bowl which made the mascaropone warm, the espresso cream look terrible the bundt cake if not purchased at Smith's should have been. Overall, would not recommend Bistro Piattini to anyone! The only interesting dish was the Patate with an interesting use of the white truffle oil and served hot and attractive. Service was good, so noisy couldn't really hold a conversation and the tables were so close together felt like you had no privacy.Special Features:
- Great food, service and ambienteloveniceplacesDined on 8/17/2014The food was wonderful as well as the service. Enjoyed the ambiente. You would never expect this kind of place in that area of town. Great!!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014Scallops with risotto was excellent as was the French Chardonnay. A little noisy. Great restaurant.Special Features:
- Nice eveningStubbs289Dined on 8/14/2014The service was great. Seating was a bit tight. Pizza was a tad bland. Dessert was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mickeyDined on 8/12/2014Salads are great. The service was attentive. Very glad to have Piattini's in the neighborhood.Special Features:
- Nice but noisyOldsterVIPDined on 8/11/2014If it wasn't so noisy, would be a perfect spot. But like most places today, the noise level is so high that it makes pleasant conversation difficult. If they had a quiet outdoor space it would be better.Special Features:
- LovelyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/6/2014We had a great meal with good wine and excellent service. We love having this gem in the neighborhood.Special Features:
- almost great...Munchkin514VIPDined on 8/2/2014contemporary setting, lovely menu; all was great (beer, salad, bread) until entree arrived. ordered special for evening (amberjack) but the cook forgot that such fish, like tuna, should be not be cooked to well-done, as ours was. waited long enough for entree that sending it back didn't make sense.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bistro PiattiniMauigalDined on 8/1/2014The service and crab cakes were both excellent. Only wish the tables weren't so close together in the larger area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First TimenoneVIPDined on 7/28/2014This is a nice addition to the ABQ scene. The menu is quite varied. We both ordered pasta dishes and they were equal to Scalo in quality and quantity. The decor is modern and very nice. It is worth a try to check it out.Special Features:
- Great menufoodiemvVIPDined on 7/26/2014Really good menu and wine list. I would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Good food; great serviceMargoDined on 7/24/2014Three of us celebrated a birthday at Bistro Piattini. This is a neighborhood gem where it was easy to strike up a conversation with those at the table next to ours. We had a bottle of wine, four small plates and two desserts all of which we shared. Our server was excellent. The foie gras, mussels and gelato were out of this world. The other plates were good but nothing to write home about. I love the atmosphere of the place and will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/23/2014Fairly expensive and marginal service. The food was definitely good but not the dining experience expected for the price paid.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great new restaurantABQgirlDined on 7/18/2014Loved the food, the decor, the staff. I'll come back. Just wish it were closer to me.Special Features:
- We Had To Walk OutOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/10/2014We waited for 30 minutes before we were approached by anyone with the except of the person serving water and a waiter running by saying he would be there in a minute to take the drink order. Never saw him again. My wife who has a true gluten allergy asked to speak to a manager about the food allergies (nothing to do with the wait, we gave them the benefit of the doubt as long as possible). They advertise heavily that they are gluten free. ANYTHING FROM THE FRYER IS NOT GLUTEN FREE AS THEY FRY REGULAR BREADED ITEMS IN THE SAME FRYER. We were told "He's behind the bar and will come over when he can". That was so unbelievable that we had to leave. Maybe give them awhile, but a true disappointment.
- mickeyDined on 7/6/2014We had a very nice late afternoon meal. I will stop doing the reviews if you insist on length.Special Features:
- A welcomed addition to the sceneNMHazeliisDined on 7/5/2014This place is truly cute as a button. It's clean, compact, & almost seamlessly integrated to a neighborhood that is convenient, quaint, & seemingly safe. The wine list is exceptional though it does seem better for Old World rather than new world wines, & the Spanish varietals are great. It is nominally an Italian bistro but it seems versatile with other nationality-inspirec or ecclectic cuisines. Maybe I am at fault for ordering a ribeye at an Italian joint, but the steak was kind of unremarkable. I ordered it medium rare & it seemed to come back closer to rare, which is okay usually though I think the meat's temperature could have been warmer. Still everything else, the wine, the roasted vegetables, the creamy polenta were excellent.Special Features:
- Very gluten-free friendlyFoxyLoxyDined on 7/4/2014This restaurant is one of my new favorites. My husband and I ate here for lunch on the Fourth of July. We are both gluten-free, and we try to eat at places that use good quality ingredients. The menu is very gluten-free friendly, and they use organic, local ingredients where possible. Our waitress was very friendly and helpful. The pesto-wine pasta was amazing, and our creme brulee for dessert was also delicious. The dishes are a good size to share. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/3/2014We had a very nice dinner for a special occasion. The food was good and the ambiance in the restaurant was lively and fun, and the service was really nice.Special Features:
- Nice place!AbqdebDined on 7/3/2014We enjoyed Piattini and will go back again, but I thought my dish needed more seasoning. I always think restaurants use too much salt, but I actually had to use the salt and pepper shakers this time... and I asked for red pepper flakes to try to spice it up. Hubby was very satisfied with his Bolognese. They were out of the calamari which was disappointing. The ambiance is very nice and we thought the wine list was better than most in town. Service is pleasant, but slow.Special Features:
- Delicious Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/3/2014My friend and I had a delicious lunch at Piattini recently. The food was wonderful. I ordered the chef's specials and was not disappointed. The service however was a little erratic and our requests needed to be repeated several times before results were seen. My friend felt the waiter was patronizing and felt that was off putting. However, the food was wonderful and the lunch was very enjoyable overall.Special Features:
- Nice eveningDickDined on 6/29/2014Had 2 pasta dishes. Both flavorful. Good value too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphere, not so great foodJacquiohDined on 6/28/2014I really liked the vibe at Piattini and the location is right in my neighborhood so I was eager to try it. The bar seemed fun and their wine list was great, but I was really disappointed in the entrees we ordered. I asked the server for a recommendation between a beef dish and a shrimp dish and he told me the beef wouldn't fill me up enough, so I ordered the shrimp. It came out as just five shrimp on a plate with mediocre (NOT spicy, like the server had said) sauce. $14 for 5 shrimp? No thank you. My friend ordered the mahi mahi special and the fish was overcooked and dry and the flavors were all bland. Not worth the money. But I would definitely enjoy the bar.Special Features:
- First visit, not remarkablediscriminatingpalateDined on 6/27/2014First time at Piattini. On a positive note, the two smaller plate items we had were quite tasty. The calamari was very lightly battered, moist and tender. The Caesar salad was perfectly dressed and even had a nice hint of anchovy. The disappointment came with the two larger plates - Both pasta dishes (the linguini with clams and the scampi) had boring "sauces" that were (at best described as) "subtle" to non-existent. The flavor was only saved (in the scampi) by the presence of the olives and sun-dried tomatoes. Based on the 2 tasty items, I may give them another try.
- mickeyDined on 6/26/2014Very good. I will stop doing the reviews if you make them too long.Special Features:
- Enjoyable destinationJrepsaDined on 6/26/2014Love the pizza! Sit by the window (bar) tables if you need a quieter spot for conversation. This is now a regular/favorite spot for me to head to after work. Great place to catch up with friends and share a wonderful dinner.Special Features:
- RefreshingMuskratleeDined on 6/22/2014A refreshing additition to the albuquerque culinary scene. A first rate place with an excellent attention to taste, a balance between the simplicity and complexity of food and flavor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was a bit over priced.RonsterDined on 6/21/2014Service was great. Friendly and didn't ask every five seconds if we needed anything. Basically sat.. Enjoyed our company and dined on good food. I felt the prices were a little high. But considering the location, atmosphere you forget about cost and just enjoy the relaxing but still energetic surroundings. We will be back. To bad they don't have enough room for a courtyard.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.