1403 Girard NE
Albuquerque, NM 87106Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://piattininm.com/
- Phone: 5057921700
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00 AM- 2:00 PM
Mid-Day Menu: Daily: 2:00 PM- 5:00 PM
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00 PM- 9:00 PM, Friday - Saturday: 5:00 PM- 10:00 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary Italian, Italian, Wine Bar
- Executive Chef: Peter Lukes
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Local small bands, acoustic groups and the occasional classical group on weekends.
A word from Bistro Piattini
Piattini is the creation of husband and wife team, Pete and Maggie Lukes. We love to travel, and to eat! We have found that our most enjoyable and memorable dining experiences have been where we were able to order many small plates with just a few perfect bites of food, that we could share. Sharing food and experiences together made our connections to one another as a family stronger and more meaningful. Piattini means "small plates" in Italian. Our fabulous creations are crafted from the finest, freshest ingredients; Organic, farm-raised, and locally sourced. We offer gluten- free options for 90% of our menus. Food and drink brings people together, which brings community together. We hope that Piattini will become a favorite neighborhood spot in which community can gather and enjoy delicious meals, share some wine and savor good company.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Bistro Piattini - Best Restaurants in Albuquerque ›
Bistro Piattini reviews from OpenTable diners
96 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (74)fit for foodies (55)great for lunch (29)notable wine list (29)special occasion (27)good for groups (25)romantic (14)hot spot (10)kid-friendly (8)late-night find (6)great for brunch (3)vibrant bar scene (3)Show More
- 50/50RSueDined on 10/25/2014Love the location and decoration - the bar area definitely looks like a great place to have some wine and appetizers. Service was good - the server was busy and not overly attentive but the "helper" was amazing - he cleared the table as soon as we were done and our water glasses never got below half full. However, the food had mixed reviews at our table. The arancini (fried rice ball) was good but you only get one and it is maybe 4 bites. The seafood gnocci was the biggest disappointment - very soupy and overly spiced plus the gnocci were gummy. The tomato linguini was the best - very flavorful for such minimal ingredients! We may stop by again to try to pizza but will probably look elsewhere for our italian food fix.Special Features:
- Impeccable serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/24/2014The service was the best thing about Piattini and the food was not far behind!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT FOODBikerguyVIPDined on 10/24/2014Five "foodies" enjoyed lunch and each of us raved about our Italian selections. We'll be back!Special Features:
- Great for Pre-Popejoy!eatsalotDined on 10/19/2014First time to eat there and was much impressed. Six of us went before a Popejoy Performance. Four were foodies and were very happy with their meal. It was easy to hop up the road to the Concert from here.Special Features:
- Quality Italian food, nice decorChasDined on 10/14/2014I was impressed with this neighborhood gem. The food quality, preparation, and presentation were good. The decor was pleasant, slightly modern, and comfortable. The service was excellent. I have not found many good Italian restaurants, but this is an excellent one.Special Features:
- Great foodPalaeontologyDined on 10/13/2014Wonderful place to have a birthday meal with family and friendsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice placeAbqdebDined on 10/11/2014Nice to have another Italian restaurant in the neighborhood. Service is attentive and food is good, but nothing special. This time I decided to try the pizza and had to send it back because it wasn't hot and some of the cheese wasn't even melted. Came back nice and hot. I would like to see some improvement in the dough (not enough "chew" - too cracker-like). Husband had the linguine in clam sauce which was good, but a little pricey ($18) for what it was. Very nice wine list and lots of nice choices by the glass and half glass. I really like the atmosphere of Piattini, but please add some cushions to the seats! They are hard as a rock and I even noticed another couple get up and move to sit on the cushioned bench.Special Features:
- Small portions!NHaliamDined on 10/11/2014It's called small plates in Italian but the plates literally reflect that!! Service was great food was pretty good but if your liking for a generous portion for your money this place is not for you! It's for special occasions! I probably wouldn't go back again because there are other restaurants just as good for a better price.Special Features:
- chefjudeVIPDined on 10/10/2014“So loud - unable to carry on a conversation ” Reviewed October 11, 2014 NEW Came here because of reviews/new option in ABQ. Offerings include small plates & full size entrées. Very good wine list. My husband enjoyed delicious olive mixture appetizer. I tried highly recommended aracini. Tasty but would have preferred without marinara as crispy texture became soggy sitting in spicy sauce. Both had pasta dishes. Fettuccine Alfredo w/ pancetta and peas and Penne Salciccia. Steaming hot, generous servings, well seasoned & balanced. Decor a bit sterile & there's nothing to buffer noise. Perhaps two seat booth on kitchen side or corner table in bar would be quiet. Our server, Celine, was excellent. Not certain if we'll return because of nosiness.Special Features:
- Go there often. Send friends.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/30/2014I support this restaurant personally and have bought numerous gift certificates to give out as business gifts.Special Features:
- Nice find!bearmdDined on 9/27/2014We came late for dinner and had an excellent experience. Our waiter was outstanding and made some fantastic recommendations from the menu and specials. The wine was outstanding and the food a very nice variety of upscale Italian. We started with an appetizer (an artichoke hearts special) and then shared a salad. We each had a small entree; I had pasta with meatballs which was a huge portion and very flavorful and my partner had the mussels. He said he enjoyed them, but would choose something different next time. The restaurant itself is well done and decorated, though the leather bench seats are uncomfortable, though very pretty. We will definitely be back...this would be a great place to go with another couple or visiting family.Special Features:
- Great food and good timesOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/20/2014Piattini which means small plate in Italian. The menu offers many smaller portion items that are great for sharing between everyone in your dinner party. That way you get to try a variety of dishes. They also offer normal sized entrees. The attention to detail is obvious when your food arrives. Everything that we tried was outstanding. Thanks Scott for the great service too. They also have gluten-free options for those that are avoiding gluten or suffer from Celiac disease. Very nice place. We will be checking out lunch there next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yes, I'd go backoldguyDined on 9/19/2014Food was v good, served promptly, waiter was attentive & knowledgeable ... reservation @ 6.15 PM on a Friday evening... seated immediately upon arrival....the noise level was intolerable, normal conversation is not possible... will try a later timeSpecial Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/13/2014This is our second time dining here and we were disappointed the first time and then heard people talking favorably about it and thought we'd try it again, but it was even more disappointing the second time. Bread isn't served unless you ask for it, the wait staff rush you in and out, and the pastas have virtually no sauce and vegetables are raw. It would take a lot to give it a third try.
- Best ItalianbomoDined on 9/13/2014Great service and the food is fabulous. Decor very well done. Will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Recommend PiattiniPatrickDined on 9/13/2014Truly outstanding food and great service. Highly recommend for a very enjoyable dinner.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/7/2014Reservations at 7. Heard the specials. Ordered in within 10 min. and the special was already gone. Disappointing. A very good meal with the regular menu.
- Close to ItalianItalianfoodloverDined on 9/5/2014After living in Italy for four years I got spoiled. Had about given up on finding anything close to "real" Italian in ABQ. Then we went to Piattini!!! Food, wine, and service were great. The waiter even pronounced the words right. A very refreshing place with the closest I can find to Italian food in ABQ. Invito tutti i miei amici per godere di questo luogo.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food but noisyabqdinerDined on 9/5/2014we love this place...even though it is sometimes too noisy and busy for my taste. Definitely a happening spot! Try the quatro formaggio pizza....The one dessert that I tried was a disappointment, but otherwise everything is good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodBikerguyVIPDined on 9/3/2014The food was wonderful. I had linguine with white clam sauce and my wife had shrimp scampi. There were tons of clams in the linguine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hummmmmcleughDined on 9/2/2014mediocre italian re: freshness and overall. my partners order was not "heard" therefore did not arrive.... cider is good!
- sunday dinnerWendeeDined on 8/31/2014We had dinner early on a Sunday evening so the restaurant was quiet and comfortable. Our waiter was very new but worked very hard to answer our questions about food and wine. We eventually settled on arancini, caprese salad and penne primavera. All were delicious, fresh, and well prepared. We had a nice leisurely meal and enjoyed everything very much. It was our first visit but we would definitely go back.Special Features:
- P's birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014Always a delightful experience! Wait staff is always available but not hovering.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time at Bistro Piattinibadkins42Dined on 8/23/2014This was our first time dining at Bistro Piattini and we will certainly go back. The food was very good and the menu options are great for those with a big appetite or those who just want to taste several items on the small plate side. We had a very nice bottle of wine and the wine list is extensive.Special Features:
- Great appetizershaasehDined on 8/23/2014The appetizers and decor are great. The pizza was boring. Stick with Italian specialities and forget the pizza.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice but too loud!GiuseppeDined on 8/22/2014This is a good restaurant but is very loud when full. Could barely hear our dinner guests for most of the meal until things cleared out a bit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedSandiaikeDined on 8/19/2014Main flavor was salt in my dish and in my guests. The Granchio was mushy and the Frutti de Mare was clearly frozen mussels as they were tough and leathery. I had better meals for half the price at Olive Garden! The desert, a deconstructed tiramisu bundt was both visually unappealing and served in hot bowl which made the mascaropone warm, the espresso cream look terrible the bundt cake if not purchased at Smith's should have been. Overall, would not recommend Bistro Piattini to anyone! The only interesting dish was the Patate with an interesting use of the white truffle oil and served hot and attractive. Service was good, so noisy couldn't really hold a conversation and the tables were so close together felt like you had no privacy.Special Features:
- Great food, service and ambienteloveniceplacesDined on 8/17/2014The food was wonderful as well as the service. Enjoyed the ambiente. You would never expect this kind of place in that area of town. Great!!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014Scallops with risotto was excellent as was the French Chardonnay. A little noisy. Great restaurant.Special Features:
- Nice eveningStubbs289Dined on 8/14/2014The service was great. Seating was a bit tight. Pizza was a tad bland. Dessert was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mickeyDined on 8/12/2014Salads are great. The service was attentive. Very glad to have Piattini's in the neighborhood.Special Features:
- Nice but noisyOldsterVIPDined on 8/11/2014If it wasn't so noisy, would be a perfect spot. But like most places today, the noise level is so high that it makes pleasant conversation difficult. If they had a quiet outdoor space it would be better.Special Features:
- LovelyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/6/2014We had a great meal with good wine and excellent service. We love having this gem in the neighborhood.Special Features:
- almost great...Munchkin514VIPDined on 8/2/2014contemporary setting, lovely menu; all was great (beer, salad, bread) until entree arrived. ordered special for evening (amberjack) but the cook forgot that such fish, like tuna, should be not be cooked to well-done, as ours was. waited long enough for entree that sending it back didn't make sense.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bistro PiattiniMauigalDined on 8/1/2014The service and crab cakes were both excellent. Only wish the tables weren't so close together in the larger area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First TimenoneVIPDined on 7/28/2014This is a nice addition to the ABQ scene. The menu is quite varied. We both ordered pasta dishes and they were equal to Scalo in quality and quantity. The decor is modern and very nice. It is worth a try to check it out.Special Features:
- Great menufoodiemvVIPDined on 7/26/2014Really good menu and wine list. I would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Good food; great serviceMargoDined on 7/24/2014Three of us celebrated a birthday at Bistro Piattini. This is a neighborhood gem where it was easy to strike up a conversation with those at the table next to ours. We had a bottle of wine, four small plates and two desserts all of which we shared. Our server was excellent. The foie gras, mussels and gelato were out of this world. The other plates were good but nothing to write home about. I love the atmosphere of the place and will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/23/2014Fairly expensive and marginal service. The food was definitely good but not the dining experience expected for the price paid.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great new restaurantABQgirlDined on 7/18/2014Loved the food, the decor, the staff. I'll come back. Just wish it were closer to me.Special Features: