Bistro on Lincoln Park
2391 West 11th street
Cleveland, OH 44113Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Bistro on Lincoln Park
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.bistroonlincolnpark.com/
- Phone: 2168622969
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm; Closed Sunday And Monday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Cory Hess
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wine
- Catering: Private room hold up to 50ppl
- Special Events: Monthly Wine Dinners, Farmers Market Dinners
A word from Bistro on Lincoln Park
Bistro on Lincoln Park is a modern American bistro set in historic storefront buildings overlooking Tremont’s Lincoln Park. Chef Cory Hess melts classic American fare with modern techniques to present fine dining and wine experiences. Chef Cory's seasonal menu delivers an excellent dining experience using fresh ingredients and passionate preparation in the Bistro’s kitchen. The Bistro’s menu features a classic steak and frites, seasonal fish, unique salads, pasta, and homemade ice creams. In the American spirit, the Bistro has a comprehensive and well-priced wine list to compliment the cuisine. The wine selection ranges from a “20 for $20” wine list featuring international wines at $20 per bottle to distinct wines. The Bistro is a warm and inviting environment that is just minutes from downtown Cleveland.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bistro on Lincoln Park reviews from OpenTable diners
- The food did not meet ourFoodinistaDined on 6/8/2012The food did not meet our expectations. We realize it was a new menu, but I ordered the signature trout mac and cheese, which was heavily smoked, but not terribly flavorful otherwise. The beet appetizer was good. The gnocchi were tough. Not a place I'd return, unfortunately.
- This wasn't my first timeJenniferDined on 6/8/2012This wasn't my first time at Bistro, so I knew - or thought I knew - what to expect. We arrived early for dinner so we sat at the bar. The bar manager steered us to delicious drinks that were on the new menu. Friendly guy. The waiter, when we were seated, was another story. He let us know he was very busy throughout dinner, when we'd "bug" him for things like more water. The short ribs are still good, though they weren't fork-tender like normal. Polenta is always great. They were debuting a new menu, which had some good choices.Special Features:
- Used to Be Fine DiningOHEngVIPDined on 6/8/2012We were surprised to find the Bistro menu had changed quite a bit and to a lower price point. The quality of the food and the service were not up to expectation. The service, while adequate, was a little uneven and too informal for our liking. Cheese plate had three different cheeses; ricotta salata, smoked cheedar and a blue cheese. All were all good, but the accompanying flatbread/cracker was in short supply and the honey was provided in a small metal cup that was impossible to pour from without getting it all over. Pork Tenderloin was cooked properly & very good, but the polenta was made w/white grits and too much cheese. The COLD berry/tomato salad was put on top of the warm pork? Veal breast was oversmoked and tasted like bacon
- The updated atmosphere isfoodieDined on 6/7/2012The updated atmosphere is very welcoming. Our table tried the duck which was just yummy, the pork tenderloin, - delicious and the short ribs - the star of the show! The salads and desserts were outstanding. I would definitely go back.Special Features:
- By far one of the top fiveOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/2/2012By far one of the top five meals I've ever had, and ridiculously inexpensive for the privilege. I had the Killbuck Valley mushroom and toast appetizer (delicious!) followed by a truly fabulous duck confit pot pie, while hubby had the absolutely-to-die-for foie gras brulee and an outstanding pork belly and veal "city chicken," all followed by a strawberry sorbet that tasted just picked. With things like meatloaf, mac and cheese and tuna noodle casserole on the menu, and in such a light, bright, relaxed atmosphere, this is comfort food taken to its highest level.Special Features:
- Clean and open feeling. InterestingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/2/2012Clean and open feeling. Interesting menu. The "city chicken" as batter fried and had a lot of fat in it. The meat wasn't trimmed well. I would not order this entree again.Special Features:
- Excellent location, perfectOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/1/2012Excellent location, perfect menu, beautiful place!Special Features:
- Our waiter border on hostilOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/31/2012Our waiter border on hostil which was not very pleasant.
- DisappointingSoozyQVIPDined on 5/31/2012We have dined here in the past and enjoyed it but not recently. Last night's dinner was very disappointing. The small menu was uninspired, heavy on comfort food entrees (tuna casserole, mac & cheese, short ribs). Only one fish on offer -- the ubiquitous salmon filet. All dishes sounded boringly ordinary. My husband ordered the mushroom soup which arrived only warm. I ordered the cold pea soup; it was room temperature. When our dinners arrived everything on the plate was merely tepid. We sent them back for reheating. We both had the short ribs -- mediocre. Our server was pleasant, but not very attentive considering that the restaurant was pretty empty. Maybe he was the reason the entrees weren't hot?
- It is a nice place. I hadOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/26/2012It is a nice place. I had city chicken. It was good, but not as good as I would expect from this type of place. My girlfriend had a salad and pea soup, she thought it was fantastic. They have lots of seafood on the menu. I would go back.Special Features:
- New menu, so no specials wereyummyVIPDined on 5/26/2012New menu, so no specials were offered. Which was fine except that the menu selections were heavy comfort food. We had a mushroom appetizer that was fabulous and delicious short ribs for our entree, also delicious, but heavy for a summer meal/
- The meat was tender enoughOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/24/2012The meat was tender enough to cut with a fork; the pork belly was unctuous; the horseradish peas were a culinary delight and I think the rolls were made in house. We WILL be back and soon. Deciding what to eat was the really hard part of a wonderful evening.Special Features:
- I was surprised what goodOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 5/23/2012I was surprised what good food reviews this restaurant has received. The menu was very heavy and limited, surprising for this time of year. The table next to us had food that was cold in the center, leading me to believe that it is all microwaved. It was quite expensive for what it was as well.
- Very nice and was receptiveOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/19/2012Very nice and was receptive to dietary restrictions. We enjoyed our dinner and would recommend it!Special Features:
- It had been a while sinceFood4lifeDined on 5/12/2012It had been a while since we had been to the Bistro and the menu was a little more limited than we had remembered. But our meals were very good and the service and atmosphere was excellent.Special Features:
- Home -run at Lincoln ParkdrliszDined on 5/5/2012Bistro at Lincoln-Park holds its own against other restaurants in the tremont area for we believe a better price,(You will not have to order a side with the meal salads were extra but entrees were furnished with them, Desserts beside a few signatures they had homemade -ice cream - Salted-carmel-(yum)Special Features:
- bistro dining Lincoln Park TremontFancynancyDined on 5/5/2012Love the citrus salad - different, fresh. Love the 20 for $20 wines by the bottle choices - very nice selectionsSpecial Features:
- TThe food is terrific & therctuVIPDined on 5/4/2012TThe food is terrific & the servers are friendly and attentive. Make sure you save room for dessert. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- The music was much too loudOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/4/2012The music was much too loud and did not seem appropriate choice for the atmosphere which was very nice and upscale.Special Features:
- There are scores of restaurantsecotravelerVIPDined on 4/28/2012There are scores of restaurants in the area whose staff works hard to ensure a pleasant experience. This is not one of them. The staff seems to regard customers as a major inconvenience. I thought our first unpleasant experience here was an anomaly so we tried a second visit. Our last.
- We got the short rib. ItDaveVIPDined on 4/24/2012We got the short rib. It was like the food was made up put on a plate and when you ordered it the put it in a microwave.
- A great dining experienceSteveDined on 4/21/2012It was one of the few places in Tremont that we could get in with short notice on a Saturday night. We were skeptical but it turned out to be a outstanding choice. There were four of us and we all ordered different meals. Each of us was extremely pleased. I had the short ribs which were delicious. They accommodated my wife's request for special preparation of her salmon. It was a wonderful evening. We highly recommend it.Special Features:
- The chef never ceases to amaze.rctuVIPDined on 4/20/2012The chef never ceases to amaze. He is always willing to make changes to the dishes on the menu. The desserts are not to be missed. The wait staff is always pleasant and ready to cater to your every need.Special Features:
- Great food and we had wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/17/2012Great food and we had wonderful service, waiter knowledgeable about my gluten free needsSpecial Features:
- Food was great but I wasn'tOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/14/2012Food was great but I wasn't a fan of the overall new menu
- The chef is always willingrctuVIPDined on 4/13/2012The chef is always willing to accomodate any special dietary requests.Special Features:
- Fun Find! Creative EatsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/13/2012Although I've lived in the area for a little over 2 years, this was the first opportunity I've had to dine at Bistro, and it was awesome! They even read the special notes and remembered that we were celebrating a birthday in the dining party! Awesome. Great meal, awesome service, totally worth the dollar!Special Features:
- The food is always great,OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/10/2012The food is always great, the service outstanding and you can't beat the 20 for $20 wine list. That's why we return again and again.Special Features:
- The food is terrific. TherctuVIPDined on 3/30/2012The food is terrific. The chef is very willing to accomodate any special dietary requests.
- A wonderful gem in TremontPatronVIPDined on 3/16/2012refreshingly good ,comfort food. We highly recommend the tuna casserole and short ribs. The salads were fresh and unique, dessert was amazing. We settled for the homemade chocolate and salted caramel icecream. The restuarant and staff were charming.very nice!Special Features:
- The food was delicious andOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/13/2012The food was delicious and portions were generous. I had enough left for lunch the next day. Terrific and reasonable wine list with several bottles for $20.00.Special Features:
- Consistently ExcellentSpaceGirlDined on 3/10/2012I love Bistro on Lincoln Park. Their food is always great, it's a cute place inside, and when the weather is nice, the little patio out front is a great place to eat. They have a very nice wine list. The menu changes often, and I've never been disappointed with anything I've eaten here. My only wish is that they would offer a couple of slightly healthier options. (I mean, I had pork belly with mac n cheese, which was phenomenal, but I think I ate my week's worth of fat content in a single sitting!)Special Features:
- Lovely Spot!JoeyVIPDined on 3/10/2012This is a lovely little restaurant right on the Square with a nice view of the sunset. The service was casual, unobstrusive and pleasant. I had the special, Smoked Short Rib with Killbuck Valley Savory Bread Pudding - it sounded delicious. When the plate was brought out I was surprised at how black the meat was, very unappetizing looking. The meat was very tender as a result of the sous vide (slow cooking in a water bath)but not juicy. I didn't really like it and the Mushroom Bread Pudding was so rich I couldn't eat it - had what looked like cream cheese in it. If I had to do it over, I would definitely order something else. We had a good time anyways.Special Features:
- We have always enjoyed theDanKDined on 3/9/2012We have always enjoyed the atmosphere at Bistro on Lincoln Park.Special Features:
- Do not miss the fish specialsrctuVIPDined on 3/2/2012Do not miss the fish specials that Cory is whipping up on Friday nights. The Sea Bass was outstanding and the catfish bread pudding was not something we would think to order but we were very glad we did. The combination of flavors was fantastic.
- WIfe and I had an early reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/25/2012WIfe and I had an early reservation on a Saturday and had the place to ourselves. Service outstanding and since it was our first time there extra time was spent by our server to review the menu and specials. We did the $20 bottle wine deal and I had the short ribs and wife had the signatiure Chicken and sweet potato dumplings. Both very good and plenty to eat. We will be going back!Special Features:
- A delightful surpriseJimSmithOnlineDined on 2/18/2012Our first visit. We loved the eclectic layout of the place, two old houses that have been linked and converted - a very cozy feel, with a view of Lincoln Park. We were impressed with the small but robust craft beer selections. They do a great job of riffing on comfort food. The meatloaf was incredibly light, with an intriguing spiced catchup. The fries were adequate, lightly seasoned. The Chicken & Dumplings was amazing - three different preps for the chicken (confit, poached, fried); the sweet potato dumplings were FABULOUS - I could make a whole meal of those! Also went w/ seafood special du jour, nicely prepared on a creamy pancetta & served w/ a garlicky spinach side that nicely offset the mild whitefish. We will be back to this gem!Special Features:
- 20 for 20 was a great idea.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/17/201220 for 20 was a great idea. (20 bottles of wine for $20) Food was inventive and greatSpecial Features:
- The crab cake special wasrctuVIPDined on 2/17/2012The crab cake special was outstanding and the desserts were terrific.
- Exceptional food!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/14/2012Far exceeded our expectations! We made a last minute reservation on Valentine's Day and assumed any restaurant we could still get into must not be that great. Boy, were we wrong! The short ribs with polenta were absolutely delectable. My husband had the chicken entree and said it was moist and delicious. We had sides of pureed cauliflower and lightly glazed carrots that were excellent. Our salads contained fresh and tasty greens and our desserts were very good too. We'll be back!Special Features: