1219 Burlingame Ave
Burlingame, CA 94010Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://oleaburlingame.com/
- Phone: (650) 347-3035
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:30pm.
Dinner: Tuesday - Friday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Saturday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm.
Weekend Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 10:00am - 5:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean, Turkish
- Executive Chef: Meryl U.
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine Bar
- Catering: For catering inquiries, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Private Party Contact: Adam U. 6507048564
A word from Bistro Olea
Olea Mediterranean Bistro is the result of our lifelong dream to bring authentic, healthy, local, and affordable Mediterranean food to the California Coast. Here at Olea – meaning olive in Latin – we try to keep everything as simple and pure as olives, guaranteeing that every dish is made with the freshest ingredients. We cook each and every order with great pride and honor, insuring that our food is made from scratch every day. Our family owned and operated bistro, located in the heart of Burlingame, brings the best things in life to the table… family, friends, great food, and good times. Our fun, diverse, and appetizing menu, allows you to taste the finest flavors and dishes of the Mediterranean without a plane ride! Come taste the difference at Olea.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bistro Olea reviews from OpenTable diners
- No opentable or restaurantUnhappyCustomerVIPDined on 9/26/2014This restaurant was closed. For good. Opentable should have taken it off the list of available restaurants. It was a waste of time for as we had to scramble to find another restaurant for our dinner party that night.
- The restaurant was closed!OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 7/18/2014What happenned? The restaurant was closed! Are they still in business?
- Needs to closePickyDinerVIPDined on 3/19/2014Given the prime location of this restaurant, you expect much much better. I have never seen more than a handful of diners in this restaurant and now I know why. The food is dull, the service is worse. We waited 45 minutes for our dinner to arrive even though there were no more than 6 diners in the place at 7pm! Owners, please close and make room for another restaurant. The space is too valuable for such mediocre food.
- Good Food, Terrible ServicerestaurantlvrVIPDined on 1/18/2014Wanted to try someplace new, chose Bistro Olea after looking at their menu. Prices are VERY reasonable and the food was goodt. Could use a few more by-the-glass options on the wine list though. Loved the décor! The service was extremely slow, took a long time to take our order and bring drinks and we were largely ignored throughout our meal. Although, once we did order, the food came fairly quickly. Once they work out the kinks with the servers, this restaurant will be great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but not many followersBarbaraFVIPDined on 12/7/2013We have been to this restaurant several times. The food is excellent. And it's on busy Burlingame Ave. Not sure why it hasn't caught on but the place is usually empty, even while other places on the Avenue are packed. Spread the word..it's a lovely find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious and plentiful TurkisfoodconsultcjsDined on 7/13/2013The food was very nicely seasoned. My dish was huge. I took the leftovers home and ate 3 more meals from it. The service was great and very attentive. Definitely going back.Special Features:
- Good menu, service could be betterOpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 5/18/2013I loved the variety of menu offerings that this restaurant presented. I should have been wary when they had no interior photos on their website. The service was exceedingly slow. We attempted to order a bottle of wine from the menu and both of the wines we asked for were not available. The food was fine, not outstanding, but not bad. The atmosphere was depressing. It looked like the interior could use a new paint job.
- Great food but poor serviceManiVIPDined on 2/28/2013Great food but poor service and ambiance. Don't think it will last on Burlingame Ave.
- Good place for interesting entreesmikiecurlyDined on 2/15/2013Romantic if not too crowded; that way, the noise level would be low. Food potions not especially large like in some restaurants, but adequate nonetheless. Food very tasty. A number of interesting entree choices on the menu. Waiter very nice and attentive.Special Features:
- Very surprised by the 4 andfoodiegirl123VIPDined on 1/12/2013Very surprised by the 4 and 5 star ratings.We went there Saturday night. About 20-25 people there with one waitress, who also doubled up as the hostess and the bartender. Took about 10 mins to get a drink order in (NO beer on tap), at which time we ordered appetizers (hummus/tzatziki/bread) which was good not great, and it took 20-25 mins to come. We debated getting a main course, but decided against it because of the pathetic service. We did ask her if she was the only person on the floor and she said, yes, the other person didn't show up, but absolutely no apology for the waits; her sense of urgency/expediency was non-existent. The whole experience was very disappointing. Also, it was very cold in the restaurant.
- Food was fine. Nothing special. SeOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 12/11/2012Food was fine. Nothing special. Service was pretty inattentive. Place was half-empty on a week night and felt somewhat dull.
- Excellent food and ambiance.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/11/2012Excellent food and ambiance. The waitress, Kader, was very polite and helpful in deciding what item to order. The Keledosh was outstanding! We met the owners who are two sisters: Kader (the waitress) and Meryll (the head chef). Wonderful, friendly, hardworking women. Almost all main entrees are Meryll's own creation of Mediterranean masterpieces! Will definitely go there again and try a different item on the menu. For my friend's surprise birthday dessert, they brought her a very delicious piece of tiramisu with a candle in it. Nice touch! An exceptionally pleasant experience.Special Features:
- Try the KaledoshFoodfanVIPDined on 11/27/2012I had one dish that I would call OUTSTANDING. A kabocha squash stuffed with garbanzo beans, barley, lentils, prunes, mint, some bits of lamb. Called Kaledosh. It was a very large portion, so I took half home to eat the next day. A perfectly wonderful dish. My salad was good, other things were good, but Kaledosh was the best. I would go again.Special Features:
- Great find for Mediteranean fooodmindianerVIPDined on 9/29/2012A lovely place with delicious food. I got the lamb dish which was beautifully presented in a squash. The hot olives and salad were delicious, as was the bread. We were disappointed that there was no baklava after reading about how delicious it was. The service would have been very good, except for a bit too vigorous in wanting to clear the table. But the service was friendly and it was a very nice place.Special Features: