1586 Second Ave
New York, NY 10028Neighborhood:
Upper East Side
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bistronora.com/
- Phone: 2122882600
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch is served weekdays
from 11:30am - 4pm
Dinner is served 5pm - 10pm Monday - Friday
Saturday 5 - 10:45
Sunday 5 - 9:30pm
Brunch is served on Saturdays & Sundays from 11:30am - 5pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, International
- Executive Chef: Kwok Poon
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Delivery, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
A word from Bistro Nora
Casual American restaurant serving home cooked favorites like Roast Chicken, Grilled Salmon, Pork Chops, Burgers, and Macaroni & Cheese, as well as an array of Pasta, Salads, and Sandwiches. Moderately priced and kid-friendly. Our popular weekend brunch is offered with 2 for 1 brunch cocktails. Owned and run by Alan Chin, formerly of the MetroCafe & Wine Bar and the Soho Kitchen & Bar. The restaurant is named after his daughter, Nora.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bistro Nora reviews from OpenTable diners
- Sad LocationOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/15/2013It is not easy to find the Bistro Nora. It's too bad it is located right in front of a very busy portion of the Second Ave. subway construction. Unfortunately, the construction will continue for another two years.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best lunch deal in the CityOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/2/2013$10 dollar lunch with wide choice of selections and a beverage is the best deal. Nice, quiet neighborhood bistro with great service and excellent foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Have been to Bistro Nora many,OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/10/2013Have been to Bistro Nora many, many times but first time on a Sunday and it was much too noisy so will stick to lunch and weeknight dinners. Jessica was awesome as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bistro NoraFrenhsk8VIPDined on 7/7/2013We went to celebrate 2 birthdays. The food was outstanding. The waitress was attentive. She brought dessert with 2 candles in the pie. We can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great little bistro!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/15/2013Enjoyed a great brunch with friends at Bistro Nora over the weekend. Good food, friendly service, and welcoming to kids as well as adults. Check it out!Special Features:
- Excellent service is what made it!priorserverDined on 5/18/2013We had a group of 5 on a Saturday afternoon for lunch. With us were our 2 older and somewhat senile relatives, who are difficult diners to say the least. Our server didn't miss a beat and was attentive, charming and patient with our party. Great restaurant for a family gathering; thanks for a smooth and enjoyable afternoon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food, good fries,JakeVIPDined on 4/23/2013Delicious food, good fries, energetic and attentive staff.Special Features:
- Service with a smileOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/13/2013The service was wonderful especially given we were with 3 children age 3 and under who made a significant mess. As we tried to clean up after them, the wait staff came by and told us not to worry and that they would take care of it. They brought crayons and paper for the little ones and water in plastic cups with lids and straws, right as we sat down. The kid-friendly meals are great weekend treats. The pricing in general for the quality of the food was excellent. For those without children, this place is also a perfect spot for a weekend brunch or lunch outing. It is casual and comfortable. This was my first trip of I hope many to this lovely little neighborhood spotSpecial Features:
- There brunch drink specialOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/23/2013There brunch drink special is awesome! Very friendly staff. The Nora burger is delicious.Special Features:
- Good and simple foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/10/2013Simple good food. Bistro that feels a lot like a diner.Special Features:
- When my friend suggested BistroOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/3/2013When my friend suggested Bistro Nora for brunch, I was skeptical. I have eaten there for dinner and found the food to be decent; the menu all over the place giving the restaurant no real identity. Brunch, however was surprisingly good. We had two babies under the age of 18 mos in tow and they brought their food out immediately and were super accommodating. Our meals were tasty and the place had a lively, young crowd (yes, on the UES there were groups of 20 somethings brunching. We will be back.Special Features:
- We had Sunday brunch hereOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/24/2013We had Sunday brunch here and enjoyed it. The food was good - I recommend the Vanilla Bean French Toast. I was worried it might be too much but it was sweet without being overwhelming. The mimosa deal is great: 2 for the price of 1 - only $5. Our waiter noticed immediately when we were ready for our next round. The place got a little crowded when a couple people brought in strollers but the overall ambiance was nice.Special Features:
- east side brunch spotDeidz60VIPDined on 2/24/2013perect spot for a sunday brunch. very friendly staff. delicious food.Special Features:
- Decided to try Nora for brunchPhillyphilDined on 2/17/2013Decided to try Nora for brunch and was glad we made the reservation, because they got loaded by the time we sat down. Liked the two-for-one brunch drink special. Good food, great prices, and a convenient location made this a place worth trying again sometime.Special Features:
- Excellent as always.FineVIPDined on 2/7/2013Bistro Nora was excellent as always. The server was pleasant, prompt, and attentive and the food was great. The lunch is an excellent value for $12.50 and includes a glass of wine. It's one of our favorite neighborhood spots.Special Features:
- Had never really hard of orOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 1/19/2013Had never really hard of or been to this place before but was doing a search for good brunch places on the UES and decided to try this one out. Was SO impressed, and have already recommended it to many people. It's one of those places you'd walk by and maybe not notice (it's currently behind some of the 2nd ave subway construction). The wait stuff was some of the friendliest I have ever experienced in NYC, the food was delicious, they refilled our coffee and tea so many times and let us sit there for brunch for hours. I ordered the lemon riccotta pancakes and my friend got the frittata. Both of our meals were great. The atmosphere was also perfect. Thanks for such a great experience- we both don't usually write reviews, but BN deserved it!Special Features:
- UES brunch gemglitterDined on 12/23/2012Good brunch spot in the UES. Good food, attentive service and $4.95 2for1 drinks, you can't go wrong.Special Features:
- This was a 50-50 experience.LouisVIPDined on 12/21/2012This was a 50-50 experience. I had the fish & chips, which were fabulous. My wife had the roasted chicken, which was soaked in rosemary, which really ruined the flavor of a moist & well-cooked chicken. The serive is always extra friendly.
- Good brunch deal. Menu isn'tOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/16/2012Good brunch deal. Menu isn't too extensive but everything I've had is great.Special Features:
- Good solid food.. NothingOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 12/15/2012Good solid food.. Nothing exciting, but good. We have been here a couple of times and service and speed of food delivery have improved tremendously. Tired of cooking for one night, we just hope in.Special Features:
- Just Go thereOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 12/9/2012Just go there. Why? Because the people who own the place want to make you happy and provide you with good food and service. We had quite a few items on the menu and all were fantastic. The prices are very reasonable and the food is really good. Like I said Just Go There!!Special Features:
- Great find!!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/9/2012I booked this place for a group of 8 for brunch. I was really impressed. Most brunch places are small and packed but our group was able to fit comfortably and the service was great. I had the brunch sandwich with avocado. I can't remember the full name but it was great. The restaurant is tough to find from the street with the construction going on but definitely a good fine. Will definitely be back!Special Features:
- This is a neighborhood gemlivetoeatVIPDined on 12/3/2012This is a neighborhood gem that has the misfortune of being near the subway construction. We should all go out of our way to support them. You will be rewarded with a great meal.Special Features:
- A real find. Good food & friendlyLouisVIPDined on 12/1/2012A real find. Good food & friendly service. I live in the area & didn't know it was there because of the subway construction. It is important to support the Second Avenue restaurants that are suffering because of the construction.Special Features:
- These guys are super niceAnjJDined on 11/11/2012These guys are super nice and accommodating. The pulled duck sandwich is a lunch favorite.Special Features:
- very disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/9/2012i had heard great things about Bistro Nora and was excited to go out for my boyfriends' birthday dinner. There was a group of six of us and everybody was disappointed in our meal. The service was pretty horrible as well. Even my pasta was undercooked. It may have been an off night, but we will never go back again.
- Food waiter, waiterOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/3/2012We arrived promptly at 8pm for our dinner reservation. We ordered hummus, soup and a salad for our appetizers, which arrived at 8:40pm. Did they grind the chickpeas up themselves? Maybe. At 9:15pm our dinner hadn't yet arrived. What's more, noone in the restaurant had any food on their plate and people proceeded to chant the "Food waiter, waiter" song. You know, that one from camp. We asked where our dinner was at 9:30pm and the waiter didn't know how long it would be, nor even asked if we wanted any more to drink. We finally asked for the bill and got up and left. Right when we got our jackets on at 9:50pm a man, who looked like the owner, came out with two of the dishes. We told him we were already leaving and he seemed fine with it.
- The food is decent and canOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 11/3/2012The food is decent and can be good, but the dinner service was soooooo slow! Briunch is a buzz of an activity, but dinner was a turture. I have no idea why food came out soo slow, it was just not our table, but every table around us, and it was not busy. Sorry, the service spoilt the quality of the food.Special Features:
- Decent brunch, limited options.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/28/2012Decent brunch, limited options. I wish they had regular eggs. The brunch drinks are inconsistent. The service Seemed all over the place, unconfident and frazzled.Special Features:
- Birthday Brunch w/ Work Friendskdavid54Dined on 10/27/2012The host and waitress who worked with us were more than accommodating. Our table was ready as we arrived and even with some late-comers, we were treated warmly. Our waitress was incredibly patient with us, giving us as much time as we needed to take our orders. The portions were huge and the food very good. Our brunch meals ranged from the ham and cheese sandwich with onions and Gruyere to omelets and BLTs with avocado. THe prices are more than reasonable, and while not empty, there was no feeling of having someone standing over our table waiting for their chance at food, which to me, is worth every penny. This was for my birthday brunch - and I would definitely go back.Special Features:
- I had read good reviews ofFerencDined on 10/14/2012I had read good reviews of Bistro Nora, and was hoping for a pleasant Sunday brunch with my family. I made a 1:30 reservation, and when I arrived on time, was told they were just clearing the table. 35 minutes later we were seated! The waitress was very pleasant, and offered us complimenatry drinks which we accepted. I ordered the Smoked Salmon Eggs Benedict. The salmon was good, and the plate prepared well, but the hollandaise barely covered the eggs, and was prepared with vinegar not lemon juice, it was not a good hollandaise. The restaurant is a nice local place, but nothing special, and perhaps my expectations were too high. The managment has to do a better job staffing ,as we had trouble placing small requests and getting the check.Special Features:
- Food is always delicious andrheasueVIPDined on 10/7/2012Food is always delicious and of high quality. Restaurant staff are caring! Noise level was extremely loud!Special Features:
- Great food, no decor?OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/6/2012Surprised to see how quiet and empty the place was. The food was really good, and prices were reasonable. May be they need to spruce up the place.. new decor?Special Features:
- Very odd place, seems likeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/28/2012Very odd place, seems like an old Chinese restaurant that was never updated
- Something for everyone.DB818VIPDined on 9/25/2012A great dining experience. Bistro Nora is not too casual but not too formal either. The service is friendly and efficient. The menu has a nice variety of dishes from burgers and salads to steak and seafood. The portions are generous and the dishes full of flavor. I would definitely return!Special Features:
- Reasonably priced and decentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/15/2012Reasonably priced and decent sized portions. Waitress was very sweet and hard working and could have used a hand. Hopefully this restaurant will retain it's laid back calm and charm and not be taken over by hipsters or the drinking crowd. I will definitely return.Special Features:
- Our first visit, after readingOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 9/9/2012Our first visit, after reading OT reviews, was last Sunday night for a simple supper at the end of a long weekend. We had the daily special -- first rate, and reasonably priced. Good selection of wines by the glass.Special Features:
- We went for Sunday Brunch.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/12/2012We went for Sunday Brunch. The service was a little slow but the food was delicious. The French Toast was amazing, the Ricotta/Lemon pancakes were good but not as a meal for my husband's taste, and the avocado BLT & fries was also great. We would definitely eat there again!Special Features:
- Knowledgable and friendlyGPopVIPDined on 8/7/2012Knowledgable and friendly wait staff suggested great dishes including terrific fish tacos and roasted chicken. Both were delicious as was the perfect vodka martini!Def go back!!Special Features:
- Loved the pastaOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/4/2012Nothing very special about the ambience or service, but my pasta entree (penne with prosciuto and peas) was fantastic and the prices are very reasonable. Great for neighborhood dining. I made a reservation for an August Saturday night and I didn't need to; not at all crowded.Special Features: