Dollard-Des-Ormeaux, QC H9G 1X2Neighborhood:
Contemporary SouthernPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bistronolah.com/
- Phone: 5146969797
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Creole / Cajun / Southern, Contemporary Southern, Cajun
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Bistro Nolah
We named our restaurant Bistro Nolah, an acronym for New Orleans, out of a love for the styleContinued
of comfort food they serve down south. This style of food is the inspiration behind some of the dishes we serve at Nolah
of comfort food they serve down south. This style of food is the inspiration behind some of the dishes we serve at Nolah
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Bistro Nolah - Best Restaurants in West Island ›
Bistro Nolah reviews from OpenTable diners
34 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (25)special occasion (23)fit for foodies (22)great for outdoor dining (19)romantic (13)great for lunch (7)good for groups (6)notable wine list (6)late-night find (4)hot spot (3)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (2)Show More
- Amazing!FoodieJDined on 9/13/2014Incredible meal and fantastic service! One of the best dining experiences I've had in a long time. It's definitely worth the money to go all out at Nolah of you have a special occasion!! And don't skip the dessert tasting trio...which is basically 3 full size desserts. Unbelievable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Belle découverte!BibitteDined on 9/12/2014Belle soirée. Nourriture excellente: savoureux! Service hors-paire (de la réservation au paiement). Beau décor. Un peu bruyant car c'est à air ouverte.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014Aaron, our waiter, took excellent care of us and was very knowledgeable about the menu and ingredients found in all their dishes. I would definitely go back again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SurprisingsambrVIPDined on 9/11/2014What a lovely little find. I discovered Bistro Nolah on Open Table and then heard about it from a friend as well. Headed over with a good friend for lunch and loved the shrimp Creole. Amazing! The soup was also delicious and we'll definitely go back.Special Features:
- A hem!PetipopDined on 9/5/2014Food: delicious Cajun recipes, with some original touches like the trio of entrees and the trio of desserts. Service: very professional and friendly. Atmosphere: we were in the terrace and it was very pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TerrificSharonDined on 9/5/2014Wonderful menu and terrific service. The outdoor patio is great (but a bit loud -- music adds ambience but could be lowered in order to keep noise down). The wine list is outstanding.Special Features:
- great new surpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/3/2014we were looking for something new & fun in our neck of the woods, & found it here. Service was excellent, & though the menu was somewhat small, the selections offered were different & delicious. Catfish & shrimp were prepared in a new way & very tasty. Small & expensive wine list. Overall, a very enjoyable dining experience- have recommended it to friends who have now already gone there & share our enthusiasm. We will definitely return.Special Features:
- Bistro experiencerg59Dined on 8/30/2014Enjoyed the whole experience, food and service,definitely recommendSpecial Features:
- Great food, will recommend !WestIslandFoodieDined on 8/16/2014Everything was just great. right from the greeting we received when we walked in.... all the way through to the dessert ! Food was outstanding ! There was not a single item that our group of 6 ladies did not enjoy thoroughly. Not a big place, so make sure to reserve.. Noise level was a bit high, but once we settled in, we managed to contribute to that :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday august 9th 2014ZozoDined on 8/9/2014great food, oustanding service. We were very satisfied from the beginning to the end of our dinner last saturday night. Of course we all agreed to come back . And a special thanks to Chris (Chef co-owner) for spending time with us at the end of the night and sharing a sherry (on the house) with me and my 3 guests. Much appreciated and it was fun seeing my old friend Chris. Also many thanks to the whole staff and to Richard his partner. We'll be back !....ZoëlSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bistro Nolah exceptionalOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/7/2014I really enjoyed my dining experience at Bistro Nolah. Everything we tried on the menu was delicious, I especially loved the Crab cakes! Delicious! Our waiter Aaron was fantastic. Great dining and exceptional service! I will definitely go back! :)Special Features:
- Service at its best!EfiaDined on 8/7/2014I live in Toronto and I've heard Bistro Nolah is a great place to dine. I don't remember the last time I had OUTSTANDING service. Our waiter was nothing but professional and great. The food was beyond tasty. I ordered the New York steak with fries. Simply delish but please...never order your steak well-done...lol. Fault of my own! The appetizers were to die for. I had many opportunities to order Grits and it never looked appealing so opted not to order it. At Bistro Nolah, the Grits were FANTASTIC; sprinkled with fresh corn and perhaps a suggestion of tasty butter?! I can still taste it as I type. Everyone is friendly and patient. The food is fresh: shrimp, sauces, desserts. A wonderful place to romance a first date or just to enjoy a mealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic food and serviceDorthDined on 8/5/2014The wait staff was exceedingly good and the food is amazing. I had the shrimp and grits and I can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experiencesasaDined on 8/2/2014Fabulous service! The first server ever to ask if there were any known food allergies the chef should be aware of.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- catfish to die forOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/19/2014this is my second time going to Nolah and what was great food the first time keeps getting better. I had the fried oysters which was cooked and had a great sauce. The complementary hush puppies are really good. The main course what the blackened cat fish which was the best I had ever eaten. cooked to perfection moist and melted in your mouth. The spices were perfect and to top it off they have a fish roe which gives it the slight saltiness to bring it over the top. the catfish comes on a bed of sweet potato puree, as well as some green beans purple carrots and ground cherries. the desert that I chose was the bread pudding with a bourbon sauce which was soooo good. all in all a fantastic meal. Money well spent and worth every pennySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love, love, love NolahFanGirlDined on 7/17/2014I absolutely love Nolah! Definitely my favorite spot in the city.Special Features:
- Romantic supper on terraceSophieDivaDined on 7/12/2014I do admit that inside might be a bit noisy but on the terrace it was calm. Very good New Orleans style cuisine and matching service. Great choice of cocktails, we had some Jack's lemonade (hmmmm), as entrees we had fried oysters (just the right quantities) and a salad. For the main plate mine was scallops and my partner was ribs that were amazingly tender. Always a pleasure to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Out of the ordinaryElla2goDined on 6/28/2014Southern Louisiana cuisine - awesome! Haven't found anything like it yet. We will definately go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very flavorful!BrossardfoodieDined on 6/27/2014Food And Service Was Great. It Can Be Expensive But Worth It! Lots Of Flavorful And Unique Dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine patio dining - relaxing lunch.NiltuDined on 6/19/2014A lovely lunch spot with a tranquil if not scenic view. Fresh seafood comes at a price and the echo in the dining room makes one cringe so head outside and enjoy the gourmet New Orleans fish or shrimp and the accoutrements.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A TRIP TO NEW ORLEANSWorldTravellersDined on 6/17/2014My husband and I decided to try this restaurant which reflects the culture and food of New Orleans. It was a great experience. The GUMBO, the JAMBALAYA and the BEIGNET were just great. It was like travelling to New Orleans for a fraction of the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, A bit priceyKissMeImCanadianDined on 6/10/2014The title basically spells it out. The food was excellent and if you want a little taste of Cajun cooking, you`ll definitely enjoy it. The service was excellent, both very friendly and helpful. A nice quiet atmosphere, despite being on a terrace outdoors, perfect for a romantic occasion. The only downside is the price. 1 shared appetizer, 2 main dishes and 1 glass of wine shouldn't mean having to shell out over 100$. I would really like to see them offer a Table d'Hote special or something that gives you more bang for your buck. In conclusion, your dining experience will be lovely, but expect a hefty bill at the end.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceLOLIDined on 6/10/2014A few of us met there for lunch, coming from Ottawa and Montreal and the weather was great, so we could sit outside. The service was outstanding and we had three different menus, everyone was absolutely satisfied and enjoyed every dish, including the dessert, which you have to experience for yourself !!! We all will come back and recommend NOLAH highly !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 39 reviews are from the Bistro Nolah reviews archive.
- Good FoodOK30Dined on 5/16/2014It wasn't my first visit but it was my first dinner at this small but quaint resto. The place was full & the service was very friendly to the point we thought they were all owners because they were very attentive to the patrons. The food was very well presented & very tasty. The only down side was I ordered a wine that cost us $60 & I saw it the next day at the SAQ for $23, it was a bit of a letdown & I would rather get a private import that I have no idea of the cost. I would still recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but too noisy.Vaillaar67Dined on 5/9/2014As soon as you step in this small bistro is how loud it is. With time you kind of forget but realise how quiet it is when you step out. That's the only negative thing about this place. The service was great the free shrimp cake was amazing and my grids and shrimp are a most wow. Will go back but will try the terrasse.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Great FoodHappyDinerVIPDined on 2/22/2014Third time at Nolah and nothing to complain about. Food is great - always interesting specials. Service is very attentive. Great, casual, fun place. Love it.....will certainly go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- West Island Creole tasteScottDined on 2/15/2014There aren't many Cajun or Creole restaurants in Montreal - even fewer on the West Island. This was a great experience - above all the food was terrific - but the service was very professional and the atmosphere accomplished what they are looking to achieve. This is a good dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/6/2014As a long time patron of La Louisiane on Sherbrooke street, I was very interested to see how this place stacked up. It did not disappoint. Aside from the bread (a bit hard) the food was outstanding. The service, while extremely friendly, was pretty slow at times - which is not the end of the world as the point was not to rush through the meal. All up, I strongly recommend this restaurant and will definitely eat there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good place for a first meetingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/6/2014Very good food. Quiet location allowing for conversation. Service was fast. A bit pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top CHEFS!NPDKAKCKDined on 1/9/2014Food woke up the taste buds. Your eyes drown in the presentation. The portions are just right on the side of big. The quality of the artic char, lamb and short ribs was the way it should be lacks comparison when perfect! The seafood gumbo is a meal in itself. The price for the quality is more than reasonable. Going to become a regular!....well done, thumbs up! Finally a decent restaurant on the WI.Special Features:
- 2nd time at NolahJPH72Dined on 1/4/2014We went this weekend for the 2nd time and again great food, service & great time - thanks Nolah!Special Features:
- Best find in west islandCherrydinerDined on 12/21/2013Love Nolah! One of the west islands bear kept secrets. Tucked in the corner of blue haven mall. Service is excellent. The best hot sauces I've ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bistro nolahkkangelDined on 12/13/2013The pro's: 1. good service 2. good food The con's: 1. we were freezing ....very cold night and we sat near the window 2. Not a lot of atmosphere
- Third time eating here andOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/22/2013Third time eating here and food has been consistently very good to outstanding and innovative. Very good wine selection, and staff knowledgeable about the wines.Special Features:
- Nolah never disappointsBigFanVIPDined on 11/16/2013So happy that after my 5th visit the food is still amazing I think we have tried most items but are often surprised by the interesting Table D'hôte items offered! Food tastes fresh and home cooked it's just greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Louisianne in the WestislandOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/8/2013The food really gave an hommage to Louisianne. The Gumbo was delicious as well as everything else on the Menu. The staff was really professional and really courteous. We were with our kids and they truly enjoyed too. Definitely a neighborhood Gem!Special Features:
- very disapointedwildartDined on 11/2/2013After having read all the reviews I was excited to reserve for my first visit as a celebration of my 60th birthday. Very slow to hand us menus and offer water, exceptionally long to get an aperetif. The prices for menu items all a la carte were expensive for the portion size and the meals were mediocre at best. For example the blackened fish was not in any way related to any that I have enjoyed elsewhere. The noise level due to the ceiling height does not lend itself to conversation and the service was friendly but only adequate. Our party of 5 were all in agreement about our experience and we would neither return nor would we recommend it to others.
- Fantastic experienceDiner2dinnerDined on 9/27/2013Both food and service were amazing. I had crab cakes and the scallops, then the bread pudding and everything was delicious. Will go back for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- neighbourhood gempoireheleneDined on 8/23/2013Food was tasteful and very prettily presented and the service attentive and warm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the tripOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/30/2013From gumbo to beignet everything was tasty and fresh. Service was friendly and atmosphere was nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.