3344 Peachtree Road
Atlanta, GA 30326Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.buckheadrestaurants.com/bistro-niko/
- Phone: 4042616456x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm; Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French, Contemporary French
- Executive Chef: Gary Donlick
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Cross Street: Tower Place Drive
- Public Transit: Bistro Niko is conveniently located within walking distance of the Buckhead MARTA stop.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Bistro Niko offers four convenient access points to get to and from the restaurant easily. There are two driveway entrances with controlled traffic lights on Peachtree Road. Another entrance is accessible from Piedmont Road and Tower Place Drive and lastly traveling from the Piedmont Lenox Road Extension and Tower Place Drive. There is a $2 Valet Parking fee.
A word from Bistro Niko
Bistro Niko is a nod to Paris, right in the heart of Buckhead. The modern French fare is authentic & simple, while the affordably priced wine list, exciting cocktails and extensive craft beer list ensure that everyone finds something to suit their tastes. Grand ceilings, art from Paris and a patio that overlooks Peachtree make Bistro Niko at once a destination and a neighborhood restaurant.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Bistro Niko - Best Restaurants in Buckhead ›
Bistro Niko reviews from OpenTable diners
527 reviews since April 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
special occasion (264)fit for foodies (241)romantic (162)great for outdoor dining (154)vibrant bar scene (151)notable wine list (140)neighborhood gem (129)great for lunch (128)hot spot (111)good for groups (109)great for brunch (84)late-night find (41)scenic view (27)kid-friendly (16)Show More
- Not-so-suave serversweezy335VIPDined on 8/18/2014Went for drinks and appetizers outside, followed by dinner. Not much to choose from if you have a few people and want to "munch" while imbibing. I thought to ask for a cheese plate- normally on the dessert menu but it was the only option that could feed a group of four. I was wrong: neither the green young server nor the kitchen thought to modify it to accommodate more than 1-2 persons. Upon moving inside for dinner, a new server came up to our table and just started rattling off specials. He never introduced himself; not even a "hello." The first time we ate here, the scallops were fantastic; tonight they tasted salty. The bread, burgers, frites, and onion soup are wonderful. The brownie and caramel sundaes both leave much to be desired.Special Features:
- First TimeBillDined on 8/18/2014Great French Onion soup and the salami tart was delicious. Will be back for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experiencegeneDined on 8/17/2014Excellent food and service. Chef prepared an excellent dish for my wife who is a vegan. Nice variety and portions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food great serviceTwostepstevieVIPDined on 8/17/2014We enjoy Bistro Niko. Food, service and ambiance is great. They accommodate gluten free well. We always have a difficult time branching away from our food favorites there because we like them so well! We always say we will try something new knowing it will be excellent, too but we like our favorites so well it's almost impossible to try something new! All there choices look fantastic!Special Features:
- Is it slipping?OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/16/2014This is probably our 10th time dining at Bistro Niko. However, it seems the last two times something is missing. Not sure what it is but the food doesn't seem as good as before. I had the veal tournados and they were over the top salty and not impressive at all. We will definitely return but I hope the trend doesn't continue as this is one of our faves.Special Features:
- Excellent French Food in BuckheadPmagVIPDined on 8/16/2014Dined here on a recent Sat. Service was outstanding. Appetizers could have been shared, too much food. Had the Cheese tart that was big enough for two. Good wine list, fairly priced. Ate outside but even though it's on Peachtree, very comfortable.Special Features:
- Just can't compete...SpoiledDined on 8/16/2014We had a table of seven ladies who were ready for a night of delicious food and fun. Unfortunately, we picked the wrong restaurant. The food wasn't great, the service was horrible, and we had several issues that caused the mood to go down. For instance, one friend had two bugs in two separate drinks. Another time, the server poured water into her Chardonnay. They refilled her wine each time, but NEVER apologiZed or acted like this was out of the ordinary. Our server didn't know the menu and was not able to suggest or describe menu items in the least. He seemed very busy and inconvenienced. The atmosphere was good, but as far as top tier restaurants go...Bistro Niko isn't one in Atlanta.Special Features:
- GREAT MENU, BUT INCREDIBLY LOUD!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/15/2014The good news: The menu is wonderul, varied, and well presented, and the food lived up to the menu & waiter descriptions. The service was wonderful; informed, elegant, and timely. The bad side: I don't recall ever being in a restaurant (or construction site!) that was as loud as the main dining room. The decor, although very lovely, is all tile and wood floors. The sound is cacophonous.Special Features:
- Kinda DisappointedElizabethDined on 8/14/2014Food was ok. Way over priced. I had the ribeye special. It was good but my husband makes it better. My hubby had the sea bass. Neither of us really cared for it but he ate it anyway. Sea bass was better at Pricci. Ambience was ok, kinda too dim. My husband and I had to put our phone light on the menu to see better. Way to loud with all the people but I have found all the buckhead restaurants to be like that. The noise takes away from any romantic date night. However the service was excellent and the calamari and scallop appetizers was awesome.
- Always greatVtotheMaxDined on 8/14/2014Gruyere puffs, Au Poivre Burger, Loup de Mer, Beef bourguignon, All great. St. Germain Cocktail and excellent wine list.. Great service, awesome bartenders.Special Features:
- Great Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/13/2014Bistro Niko has it all! A bar to eat and drink in comfortable ambiance, outdoor patio, and well dressed dining tables! Great appetizers, salads, and main courses.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NoisyRMillerDined on 8/12/2014The noise level was too loud! Groups that were across the room were so loud that you couldn't hear people at our table! Food was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice place to eatwendytbdDined on 8/12/2014My friend and I sat in a much smaller area than the dining room - which was good because the bar was crowded and very noisy. The selection of everything was quite varied and what we chose was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A touch of FrancesandrinefromatlantaDined on 8/12/2014My sister and I met for lunch at Bistro Niko and had a delightful respite from the work-a-day world. It was a touch of France in Atlanta, with crisp red-and-white linen on the tables. Our experience there was excellent: the service was wonderful, as is true with the other Buckhead Life Restaurant Group restaurants, and the food very good. My sister had the Croque Monsieur and was very happy with it. I had a burger au poivre (OK, so I went American on the entree) prepared with pepper and gruyere cheese and thought it was excellent. My only quibble was the frites (fries) which were the matchstick type that you find in many restaurants. We plan to go back and try the special featuring two three-course lunches for $22. Au revoir!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stivy27VIPDined on 8/9/2014We had a fantastic meal. Excellent food, great service and the setting was terrific.Special Features:
- wonderfulJones5Dined on 8/9/2014Will definately be returning.. We have two older children celebrating birthdays this month. Hope to return to celebrateSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food and ambianceoolalaDined on 8/9/2014The restaurant has a great french bistro ambiance ( except maybe for the kitschy mural ) The food was very good . I had the endive salad and the sea scallops which were delicious and very well done. My husband had the french onion soup which was too salty and the cheese was on the cheap side and for the entree he had the trout that was perfectly done creamy The Ile Flotante did not have any complexity or thrill just too sweet. We had a bottle of Cotes -du -Rhone Viognier which was nice after it warmed a little bit ( I want to believe this was the reason why we did not get an ice bucket for it) The service failed to respond when was told it was our anniversary and my birthday but other than that was prompt and correctSpecial Features:
- Paris comes to BuckheadMamabearDined on 8/9/2014The mussels here are a true compliment to those I have had in Brussels, maybe even better! The food is superbly seasoned and the flavors create a party in your mouth! The Buckhead Life Group never seem to disappoint, but this little gem is my favorite! Great for all occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service is usually better.FRossVIPDined on 8/8/2014No matter how good the food is, without good service, the dinner will be dissappointing. My wife and I have eaten at Bistro Niko numerous times and have always been happy, thus returning. Not sure what caused this, as we sat on the front porch, which we love, and found our waitress must have either been over loaded or had other priorities. Every step of the dinner took longer than it normally does. The waitress was very nice and friendly, just slow. Glad this is the exception not the norm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ce n'est pas malOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/7/2014My first ever French dining experience I would admit that the service was superb and the food was delightfully succulent.Special Features:
- luv2dineDined on 8/6/2014Memorable birthday dinner! Everything was excellent! However, the Trout could have been seasoned more (that was my birthday dish) and the dessert rolls were a little hard. Service was very good except that we had to wait for wine a little longer than usual. Minus these few mishaps I would still highly recommend this restaurant particularly for a special occasion. It was crowded so perhaps that's why consistency was slightly compromised.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/6/2014Note to Open Table got to restaurant and they could not find my reservation! it was a busy night but they were wonderful and seated us as soon as we arrived!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great French BistroDiningDuoDined on 8/6/2014Food is wonderful. I had the salmon croquet Monsieur and Endive Salad. Perfectly portioned. Not too much food but enough to be satisfied. My friend had the flat bread mushroom pizza. It's not Italian flat bread but it was very good. Service was very good. The waiter recommended a tasty Cabernet that I just loved. My only complaint is I had a difficult time understanding the waiter. But it's a French Bistro. So don't expect American anything. This Bistro really makes you feel like you've stepped into a bistro in France. I highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/6/2014Lively, boisterous, thriving. This is a great spot for young people looking to see and be seen in the Buckhead area. It was not conducive to meeting an old friend and having a good catch up. Very noisy in the bar area where we were to be seated and not much better in the main dining room where we were eventually placed. I found myself shouting my conversation. The fare is not diverse enough for my taste, only one pasta dish available. I found it very pricey.
- Amazing Scallops!FinerDinerDined on 8/5/2014The scallops are to die for! The whipped potatoes and light cream sauce that accompany the seafood are fantastic! Perfectly sized entree. The white bean soup with truffle oil is a wonderful starter - creamy and not too rich. You'll forget you're eating beans.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodRevstjVIPDined on 8/5/2014Have been there many times and always had a great experience. good wine list. Great fish, meat, etc. Can't go wrong with anything on the menu. Very popular so always get a reservation.
- fast service, too fastsaluki1Dined on 8/3/2014Dined here on a Sunday evening @ 7:30 pm. Restaurant was 2/3 full. Started well, but got 2 bites into the salads and our main course was brought out. Felt very rushed even though by now the place was 1/2 empty. I made some comment about " fast food" and they took our main courses back while we finished our salads. Management was very apologetic and after that dining pace slowed. All in all was a descent dinner.Special Features:
- Outstanding Dining ExperienceSnoopyDined on 8/3/2014Overall an outstanding dining experience. Very attentive staff who are knowledgeable and helpful. From the moment of our arrival we were met with a warm greeting and made to feel welcome. The staff handled our special request without missing a beat. The food was prepared precisely as ordered, arrived in a timely manner and was delicious to say the least. The wine recommendation was spot on and paired wel with the meal. Being a special occasion for us it was a pleasant surprise that the staff recognized the moment and made our celebration all the more enjoyable.Special Features:
- Great foodWolfMomVIPDined on 8/3/2014This was my second visit to the bistro and like last time the food was outstanding. The waiter was a little distracted so we had to wait at time between courses but all and all it was a very enjoyable evening.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classic BistroBeansDined on 8/2/2014The room is gorgeous and feels timeless and placeless. You could put it 30 years ago or 30 years from now in NYC, Paris, Atlanta, anywhere and it would have the same wonderful feel. The food is classic bistro fare. Well prepared and generously portioned. The service was a little rushed (but otherwise great) so I will probably ask them to take it slow next time. Everything we ate was lovely and we will definitely return.Special Features:
- ExceptionalKchampDined on 8/2/2014We truly enjoyed our experience from the good to the wine to the atmosphere . Definitely a night to remember!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved this restaurantDorianaDined on 8/2/2014Had dinner with friends at Bistro Niko for the first time last saturday night . I was scared of the noise as the restaurant was full of large groups but they sited us in a smaller room not too far from the kitchen but very adequate. Food was wonderful, fish dishes were perfect. Service was excellent as well. Parking was convenient and vallet boys were very fast and courteous. That is important in a busy spot in Buckhead. We will definetely come back!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/2/2014Flavor of food was outstanding... My husband and I had a great time. Fun place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/1/2014We have had great experiences at Bistro Niko in the past. However, the level of service this time around was very poor. The food was excellent as always. However, we expect a much higher level of service when dining out at this type of restaurant (especially for the price).Special Features:
- Nice Evening At the BistrobardoVIPDined on 8/1/2014We had a nice evening at the Bistro and it was made even better by using our Dine Around Card!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing.AmberVIPDined on 8/1/2014Service was extremely slow , food came out cold. Salads had no greens the frisée was pure fat and salt. Very very noisy. Would not go back.Special Features:
- Great Thursday Evening get away!ReeceDined on 7/31/2014Both an elegant environment and an outstanding menu selection. The table selected 4 appetizers and passed them around for all to enjoy - this is highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was delicious...MimiDined on 7/31/2014It was a great experience. The food was delicious and the service superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love To Eat OutWouldRatherNotCookDined on 7/31/2014I took my guyfriend to Bistro Niko for his birthday. The hostesses greeted us with a BIG Happy Birthday, which of course made my friend feel really special. I highly recommend the flatbread as a starter. It is flavorful and really hit the spot! The lamb chops with potatoes and asparagus was to die for. The restaurant itself was a bit noisy and very busy considering it was a rainy Thursday night. I had to speak loudly when talking to the server. Other than that, it's a very nice hidden spot right in the heart of Buckhead.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Anniversary!BuckheadnativeDined on 7/31/2014Once again we celebrated our anniversary at Bistro Niko. Manager Sam made sure we had a nice table in the side room, which has a lower noise level than the main dining room. Our waitress carefully explained the specials and did not guide us wrong when suggesting the soft shell crab appetizer. The skate wing was fabulous, as were the the several other items we ordered. A surprise anniversary dessert destroyed my vow to lay off chocolate...it was Killer! The wines.....perfect! As native Atlantans, my husband and I well remember the lack of fine dining places before Pano and Paul's opened. Thank you Pano for your continued outstanding contributions to our city!Special Features: