3344 Peachtree Road
Atlanta, GA 30326Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.buckheadrestaurants.com/bistro-niko/
- Phone: (404) 261-6456
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm; Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French, Contemporary French
- Executive Chef: Gary Donlick
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Cross Street: Tower Place Drive
- Public Transit: Bistro Niko is conveniently located within walking distance of the Buckhead MARTA stop.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Bistro Niko offers four convenient access points to get to and from the restaurant easily. There are two driveway entrances with controlled traffic lights on Peachtree Road. Another entrance is accessible from Piedmont Road and Tower Place Drive and lastly traveling from the Piedmont Lenox Road Extension and Tower Place Drive. There is a $2 Valet Parking fee.
A word from Bistro Niko
Bistro Niko is a nod to Paris, right in the heart of Buckhead. The modern French fare is authentic & simple, while the affordably priced wine list, exciting cocktails and extensive craft beer list ensure that everyone finds something to suit their tastes. Grand ceilings, art from Paris and a patio that overlooks Peachtree make Bistro Niko at once a destination and a neighborhood restaurant.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bistro Niko reviews from OpenTable diners
521 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (262)special occasion (238)great for outdoor dining (147)romantic (146)vibrant bar scene (139)neighborhood gem (139)good for groups (127)notable wine list (122)hot spot (120)great for lunch (109)great for brunch (63)late-night find (37)scenic view (32)kid-friendly (14)Show More
- Dissapointed in the serviceMikeDined on 11/20/2014I have been to this restaurant several times and never had an issue with service. We were being pushed and rushed to order our meal and the check was brought immediately after eating before the dinner dishes were picked up. I had to ask for my second glass of wine three times. Disappointed in the service. My veal could have been cooked more which I requested and the waiter never asked how our meal was. I love this restaurant and brought a new friend here and will go back, but I do not want that waiter. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second visit, better than the firstRockyDined on 11/20/2014This was my second visit, on a busy nite with an out of town guest. We could not have been treated more warmly, and we had a great time. We all had the lamb sandwiches and were all very happy - good wine and dessert. Memorable is that I got lost trying to find the place, and the hostess got my phone call and spent a lot of time talking me in with turn by turn directions, so that even thouogh we got there late, the reservation was held, and my guest who got there first was seated with wine when we got there. Our server was a very nice young lady, who could not have been more welcoming. Definitely recommend this place again,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding serviceSusieQDined on 11/17/2014I would absoultely recommend Bistro Niko to friends and customers. Truly a great experience, fantastic food. (Good healthy options). Wine was excellent. The manager came over and knew my name asking how our experience was. Great customer service. Awesome job, Bistro Niko!Special Features:
- Best Quiche EVER!!!!!!DisappointedVIPDined on 11/16/2014Stopped for brunch before work. It was amazing. I had the best quiche I have ever tasted. Light, fluffy & creamy. Crust was flaky and light not doughy. Service was attentive and staff overall was nice. Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lindsay01Dined on 11/15/2014We loved it! The salmon dish I had was the best I've ever eaten. The wait staff and the ambience were wonderful. We don't have anything like this in Jackson, TN, and were blown away. It had come highly recommended and did not disappoint!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to showcase Atlanta foodHurricaneDined on 11/14/2014This is a delicious place to take out of town guest to give them a taste of the Atlanta food scene. Service is friendly and very attentive. Wine prices are reasonable. It is a bit noisy but still pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Wonderful!EricaVIPDined on 11/14/2014We had such a great time here! Our waiter was David and he was amazing. We were celebrating my 35th birthday and they made me feel great. The food and drinks were great. I am always happy when we dine here. We will definitely be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love This PlaceMimiSherriDined on 11/13/2014We stumbled on this place on a previous Atlanta trip and were very excited to go back for a lovely anniversary meal. Nothing intimate or romantic about the place and reservations are highly recommended, but the food is outstanding. Consistent, always hot, knowledgeable servers, decent wine list (French wines). We are vegetarians who eat a little fish so we can always find something. If you are a true vegetarian or vegan, you should probably go elsewhere. Fabulous desserts! Good prices with ability to share. Lively, loud atmosphere on the night we were there (a Thursday). Had reservations but still had to wait 15-20 minutes for our table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noisy TablesEpicureanVIPDined on 11/13/2014Unfortunately, my group of women sat near two tables of very loud men. In addition, our server was distracted and not particularly attentive. When we wanted to order our entrees, we had to hunt down the server. Finally, my meal arrived cold.
- Great findKevinRDined on 11/13/2014Wonderful French Cuisine in Buckhead. The service was excellent and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extensive FrenchduxyumDined on 11/11/2014Restaurant is larger than I thought. At lunch time there is a bustling crowd and it is quite loud. A lot of folks eating at the bar, which I like. Hot fresh bread is delicious. Had the lamb sandwich and seafood pasta. Both were excellent and well seasoned!Special Features:
- Overall GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/8/2014Made reservations for this first time dining experience. Did not like being put in an empty room behind the hostess station. The other folks that followed were bigger groups. Kinda ruined the romantic intention of going for French fare. Don't think we were able to get the full vibe of the place. Great waitress. Duck was ordered medium rare. Only the two inner pieces were cooked to order. Mussels were excellent.Special Features:
- Wonderful ExperienceFlorAnnieDined on 11/8/2014A friend and I went for lunch. We sat in front with a view of Peachtree street. The service was quick and friendly. The flat bread appetizer was delicious as was our two entrees. I ordered the deluxe plate and had the entree and dessert. I look forward to visiting again.Special Features:
- Excellent Traditional FrenchFanofrosaDined on 11/7/2014Traditional French dishes executed beautifully, great wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ate in the BarSKSMVIPDined on 11/7/2014The food was excellent but we had to eat in the bar area. Our table was not ready for an 8:30 reservation and we were too hungry to wait for a regular table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- karenDined on 11/7/2014the service & kitchen were lacking. Ran out of two entrees. when we first ordered the waiter said that they ran out of the redfish an hour ago...so why didn't he tell us originally as 3 of us were going to order that. We placed our modified order...then he comes back and says they only have one filet left. REALLY??? It was also very noisy, not 'energetic'
- Ok Food, smelly service and birdsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/6/2014The good is that the energy was great at the bar. However the bar service was terrible. I literally had to ask people sitting at the bar to get the bartenders attention, although themail bartenders looked at me and past me several times. The food at our table was ok, although several in our party complained about the steak. Our waiter was very nice and attentive but wore an overwhelming amount of cologne that was noticed by everyone in our group. Finally I thought the magician that romed the tables cheapened the experience and everyone turned their nose up at having the magicians birds around our table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentVtotheMaxVIPDined on 11/6/2014Never disappoints. Great service, food and ambiance.Special Features:
- Maybe it's me !DHL1VIPDined on 11/5/2014Truly one of my favorite places to go for great food, atmosphere and service. !BUT having said that many times I must say that at times the noise level makes collegiality or conversation quite impossible !!Special Features:
- F SalmonsFredrickDined on 11/5/2014Great food, great service, convenient location. One of Buckhead's for any type of dining.Special Features:
- JtJT223Dined on 11/3/2014Excellent service! It was my wife's birthday and they were very cordial to her at all times. Very professional. Wonderful evening. Thank you.Special Features:
- As alwaysDHL1VIPDined on 11/1/2014I'm a French Bistro nut and this one never lets you down! Always great food and always friendly people.. If consistency of food and service is what you value , you cannot go wrong. Never had a bad meal or better yet never even a bad dish.Special Features:
- Introduction to Atlanta DiningEljayenDined on 11/1/2014I was pleasantly surprised by my dining experience. Foie gras was buttery, escargot melted in your mouth. A little cold in the restaurant, but really that was my only complaint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite restaurantNofastfoodDined on 11/1/2014If you want a great meal with no fuss and great service, this is the place.Special Features:
- Best Service everperfectDined on 10/29/2014Niki our server was the best two times over. He went thru the special menu of the night and gave us great food suggestions. and wine pairings. The whole evening was just like being in Paris . Always ask for Niki he will make your dining extra specialSpecial Features:
- cathyp1VIPDined on 10/29/2014wonderful experience with my new boss! our server even delivered dessert on the house. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but service was terribleBritinatlVIPDined on 10/27/2014We were a group of six on Monday evening celebrating a birthday. Our meals were delicious but our waiter was very strange. I need to point out that he had a very large bandage on his left hand. We had no idea what it was covering but it was obvious that he couldn't possibly wash his hands!! Gross. He made it very obvious he wanted us out of there as quickly as possible, messed up our orders on every course so that we didn't get our food at the same time, even at one point going to another table to take a dessert from another diner! He wanted us to pay before we were finished and wanted to take cash for part of the meal instead of splitting it between credit cards. Most bizarre.Special Features:
- Outstanding service!BeccaThoughtsDined on 10/27/2014With impeccable service and savory food (and a well-mixed drink) I look forward to returning to Atlanta and dining at Bistro Niko again.Special Features:
- Excellent service and good foodmlhfoodieDined on 10/26/2014I was with a party of 3 and we had appetizers, entrees, desserts and cocktails/wine. Our appetizers were cheese balls and calamari. The calamari is sauteed and our other diners enjoyed it, I'm more of a fried calamari person. The cheese balls were delicious. French onion soup was excellent. Because I knew we were having dessert, I went light on my dinner which was a horseradish crusted cod and couscous. It was ok. The other diners had duck and chicken (the chicken was stuffed with mushrooms). There dinners were really good. All our cocktails were good and the desserts were fabulous. The service was excellent. All the personnel were very accommodating. Would definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food and serviceJte124Dined on 10/25/2014My waiter was very attentive without being intrusive. The entire staff was wonderful and the food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loud but gooddeboDined on 10/25/2014There is always consistency in the food quality and service at Bistro Niko. However, the noise level on the Saturday that we dined there made it difficult to hear our party's conversation.Special Features:
- Great FindNONOTStCelceliaDined on 10/24/2014From the ambiance to the food, I loved this restaurant and will be back.Special Features:
- Great dinnerAirTravelerDined on 10/22/2014Brought clients here while at a conference. Wow. The service was stellar. The food, oh the food! All of us loved our entrees. I'm not a big fan of french food, but this place won me over!Special Features:
- WonderfulAvideaterVIPDined on 10/20/2014Service could use some work; may be helpful to train them to be more aware and attentive, but the food is on point as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love!MitziVIPDined on 10/18/2014Of all the choices in Atlanta we keep coming back to Bistro Niko. I can never decide whether it is the food, the wine, the cocktails, the service, the atmosphere, etc. And the staff is a virtual UN - which we love. A perfect time!Special Features:
- What happened to Niko?99pegasus99VIPDined on 10/18/2014What a disappointment... Bad service (waiter never asked about the food - when our plates remained full). Chef is asleep in the kitchen - lobster bisque sans lobster, lobster pasta flat and without taste, filet of sole from frozen fish (also tasteless). Manager never makes it into the restaurant to check on patrons. We used to go often in the past - but no more. This restaurant is not fit for Buckhead.
- Love Niko!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/18/2014I have eaten many times at Bistro Niko. The food is always excellent and so is the service, especially this last time. I recently had a friend in town from FL and we love the quiches for lunch/brunch. I always get good wine recommendations. Two different waiters actually refolded my friend's napkin to get it perfect! Niko always does it right!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious but loudFrequentDinerDined on 10/17/2014If you don't mind practically shouting across the table, the dining experience is pretty good. Food was outstanding. Skate wing is a favorite. Others in our group enjoyed the Kobe beef cheeks, and the veal. Service was slow, but the restaurant was very busy and very loud. Wine list is so so but we found a good bottle at a reasonable price.Special Features:
- seedgroup8Dined on 10/17/2014The restaurant was everything you could want for a delicious meal. The rooms were beautiful, the staff friendly, the service excellent, and the food was superb. My party of 7 people all praised the whole experience. Thank you!!Special Features:
- Our go-to spotOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/11/2014Booked table for two to celebrate our 15th anniversary, making note of this and table preference via OT web reservations. Arrived 20min early and were seated immediately. They congratulated us on the occasion and our table was exactly as promised overlooking Peachtree Rd. Service was impeccable - waiter was profuse in claiming every guesture was "his pleasure" to serve. We ordered 4appetizers since we aren't huge eaters. Bacon & tomato tart was a delicious pizza w/ sweet roastted tomatoes & salty fontina cheese. We inhaled basket of cheese puffs, almost ordered a 2nd round. Wine & beer were perfect w/NY state foie gras, plus mesclun salad & a white shrimp app to finish. Complimentary profiteroles (anniv) & coffee = great meal.Special Features: