3344 Peachtree Road
Atlanta, GA 30326Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.buckheadrestaurants.com/bistro-niko/
- Phone: 4042616456x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm; Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French, Contemporary French
- Executive Chef: Gary Donlick
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Cross Street: Tower Place Drive
- Public Transit: Bistro Niko is conveniently located within walking distance of the Buckhead MARTA stop.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Bistro Niko offers four convenient access points to get to and from the restaurant easily. There are two driveway entrances with controlled traffic lights on Peachtree Road. Another entrance is accessible from Piedmont Road and Tower Place Drive and lastly traveling from the Piedmont Lenox Road Extension and Tower Place Drive. There is a $2 Valet Parking fee.
A word from Bistro Niko
Bistro Niko is a nod to Paris, right in the heart of Buckhead. The modern French fare is authentic & simple, while the affordably priced wine list, exciting cocktails and extensive craft beer list ensure that everyone finds something to suit their tastes. Grand ceilings, art from Paris and a patio that overlooks Peachtree make Bistro Niko at once a destination and a neighborhood restaurant.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Bistro Niko - Best Restaurants in Buckhead ›
Bistro Niko reviews from OpenTable diners
608 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
special occasion (293)fit for foodies (281)romantic (184)vibrant bar scene (180)great for outdoor dining (178)notable wine list (154)neighborhood gem (138)great for lunch (133)hot spot (130)good for groups (127)great for brunch (89)late-night find (41)scenic view (32)kid-friendly (19)Show More
- loveATLdiningVIPDined on 9/17/2014Food was really, really good. The noise level is the highest we have ever witnessed in an Atlanta restaurant! Noticed it's a place women go for pick ups! Quite a show at the bar!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit of Paris in Atlanta!OTPDinerVIPDined on 9/14/2014Bistro Niko is one of our favorite places to celebrate milestone birthdays, or to celebrate Sunday brunch. A warm, welcoming staff, a gorgeous interior and a very nice wine list to pair with all our favorites on the menu make this one of our top go-to restaurants. Its convenient location and spacious dining room and additional salon room make it a good spot for business lunches, as it's very easy for anyone to find and parking is a snap. Whether you're celebrating with a group, hosting clients or you just want to have some steak frites and a glass of wine by yourself at the bar, the atmosphere at Bistro Niko c'est magnifique!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/13/2014We ate at Bistro Niko on Saturday night, the amosphere is vibrant and alive. The servers are knowledgable and efficient. The food was exceptional, the wine list is excellent and very reasonable. Ailtogether a fabulous experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- overdone AGAINOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/13/2014My wife loves this place but am not sure why. Her veal medallions were cooked perfectly but the "renowned'" steak frites was dry and lacked flavor for the 2nd time in a row. Only getting 3 stars because her meal was fabulous.
- DelightfulDBenedettoVIPDined on 9/13/2014We always have a wonderful experience at Bistro Niko. The service is always perfect. The food is amazing. We have been several times and we can't wait to return.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/13/2014drinks were great, waiter picked a pinot by the glass for us, brought 2 to sample that were both good and left us the one of our choice. food variety was very diverse, with some very good specials in addition. a little loud for a quiet romantic evening but we weren't there for that reason would definitely recommend and hope to return at some point in the futureSpecial Features:
- Bistro NikotalkdownDined on 9/13/2014Always first class,food and service are outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- second visit was lacklusterlacklusterDined on 9/12/2014First visit a few months ago required a second visit. The food was superb. The server was prompt and attentive. On second visit, food was average and server seemed a bit overwhelmed.
- Superb Country FrenchHalfBritVIPDined on 9/11/2014The food is always outstanding. Everything on the menu is cooked to perfection.Special Features:
- Too loud to enjoy....but tastyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/11/2014Perfect, if it weren't so loud. Hard to converse in normal voice. Authentic French tastes...sauces tasty and complex. Attentive service, with honest comments about menu choices. Go when it's "off hours" to avoid the noisy bar crowd, which carries thru the entire dining room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is good, noise is intolerablegolfchickDined on 9/11/2014The main dining room is extremely noisy. We had to shout to be able to be heard across the table. The first table we were shown to was so noisy we asked to be moved and the second was a bit better. If you want to have a conversation make sure to ask for one of the dining rooms at the front away from the bar and open dining area. The food was good and service was excellent - as are all the Buckhead life restaurants, but there is definitely better out there. Combine that with the noise level and I'll be going somewhere else.
- Great food and barATLintheVAILVIPDined on 9/10/2014Another great night of drinks and dinner with out of town guests. Food always good and lively crowd at bar. May have been short on staff as service was a little slower than normal, although it appeared very busy for a Wednesday night.Special Features:
- Fantastic StaffOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/10/2014The staff is seasoned, professional, friendly and efficient. We were a large group and we never really knew they were there, but we were not lacking for anything. The atmosphere is bustling and fun. The decor sets the tone. We had a great experience. Oh and the food was very good!Special Features:
- Very Good ExperiencehjpeachDined on 9/9/2014My husband and I went on a Tuesday evening for dinner. The service was very good, the wait time for receiving the food was appropriate, and the food was very good. We both took advantage of the deux for $25 dinners. It was a very good value for the money. We would definitely return.Special Features:
- Wonderful!!Bridesmaids7Dined on 9/7/2014This was my first time here for dinner. I had been for lunch and was very satisfied, but this was my first dinner and it was absolutely WONDERFUL! We sat in a smaller room that was across fron the kitchen, which was just perfect for my family, as we are big foodies and it was a treat to get to watch all the action! I would highly recommend this for everyone!Special Features:
- food reviewlasagnaloverDined on 9/7/2014My date and I shared the mussels appetizer, the smoked salmon sandwich appetizer, and the smoked trout almondine. The salmon appetizer and the smoked trout were delicious. I've had the mussels before, and they were very good, but this time, they were bland, and somewhat gritty. Some of the mussels were ok, but some seemed "fishy".Special Features:
- DebbieDined on 9/7/2014Great meal. Wonderful food, waiter was iffy cause he kept telling us he was new and awkward laughing.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/7/2014the server was very nice but never came around - when we ordered a waffle and 30 min later it never came he finally said there was an issue with the machine. the manager came over and said he would take care of the replacement order which was nice. but the then once again the server was MIA. waited over 10 min looking for him to try to pay the check. they did offer deserts to make up for it also nice but once again server was not as attentive as he should have been.
- Delicious.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/6/2014Everything was amazing, food divine, service was good and ambiance was enticing. Specials read from server book at 8 pm, should've been memorized by then. Overall a wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- talkdownDined on 9/6/2014A regular favorite always great service and outstanding French food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CrashATLDined on 9/5/2014Meh. Cheese puffs were basically cold, overpriced, puffy cheezits. Had the hangar steak with the specialty herbed butter sauce. The sauce was great, the steak was burnt to a crisp, yes i ordered it well done but not scorched earth...jeez. I didnt want to send it back because i didnt want to be bothered with waiting for another which would surely come back undercooked this time. The pommes frites were great tho. At least a french restaurant got french fries right. Wouldnt go back. Mainly because im not a fan of french cuisine, but this steak was an absolute atrocity. Service was adequate, not mind blowin by any means. Decor and restaurant layout was nice. Intricate molding on ceilings. Very noisy. Probably happy hour crowd on friday.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/5/2014It had been a year since I dined here and the cuisine was not of the same caliber. The sauces were very heavy and the chicken was not very tender. The soft shell crab was very good except the sauce was somewhat overpowering. Service was excellent, as always. Don't think I will be back soon.Special Features:
- Just GoodKatieVIPDined on 9/4/2014Just good, nothing was really outstanding. It was very noisy in there, it was hard to talk with my husband and son. The food and service was okay. No one refill our water for a little while.
- Good as always2dine4funDined on 9/3/2014We were seated immediately. Great service and food, we had salad and flat bread.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/3/2014A fantastic dining experience as always! Kelly & Mary Scott LaughlinSpecial Features:
- A Beautiful EscapepickypassengerVIPDined on 9/3/2014My wife and I felt as if we had escaped the screwed-up world and been transported to another planet, where elegance and service made all of life's little and big problems disappear for a while. A wonderful experience. One suggestion: Our observation from eating there several times, and from watching the kitchen window for long periods of time, is that hot food is sitting under the lamps for far too long before being served. We've had food arriving cold at each of our last two visits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Entree was disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/2/2014I felt cheated... Should have gotten something other than the seafood pastaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Once Again We Were Pleased....PickyEatersDined on 9/2/2014We have been eating at this restaurant since it first opened and have been pleased with the food, service, décor each time. Several times we have Sunday Brunch and enjoy the tasty quiche &citron tart. Another time we took our daughter and family of 5 for Christmas Eve dinner, yet another time we went by ourselves for Christmas Eve. From fish (trout to scallops) to the pork or chicken plus wines we have been happy. It is one of our top 3 restaurants in Atlanta.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but horrible serviceDisappointedDinerDined on 9/2/2014It took 5-7 mins for a hostess to show up at the front. Waiter was not at all friendly! He was never available when we needed anything. We always had to ask someone else for things. The bread came cold and hard so I had to find someone to take it back and get us fresh bread. I got the steak and the amount of pepper on it was too much. I couldn't enjoy the lean meat as the pepper taste was overwhelming! However, the calamari appetizer was really good. The waiter actually made a very offensive comment that I almost asked to speak to the manager. I was very disappointed in the lack of service for a nice restaurant!Special Features:
- Maybe an off night?bravesfanDined on 9/1/2014It took 30 minutes before the bottle of champagne appeared which was meant to be a pre dinner drink. Meanwhile the starters arrived and soon after the entrees arrived before we has even finished the first course. We then ordered wine to accompany our entrees and we were nearly finished and still no wine so we cancelled that order. We sat with our dessert menu for 15 minutes when we were ready to order in 3. Ultimately we decided to pass on dessert, but it still took another 15 minutes to settle the check and leave. A shame since the food was superb.Special Features:
- The Small Salon Was GreatconvoyhelmVIPDined on 9/1/2014In the past, we've had difficulty with the noise level at Bistro Niko, but the salon was a perfect escape from the buzz of the main dining room. We had a solid meal. Good, but not great. Our server was, however, terrific.Special Features:
- sassymaxVIPDined on 9/1/2014Good as usual.....food and ambiance feel like Paris....mussels are fabulous and salade nicoise perfect....always are treated well and service is excellent...Buckhead life Group runs a good operation...never disappoints!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent servicePrettyGirlsRockDined on 8/31/2014Service was great! Even the valet parking attendant was a joy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!jzeeDined on 8/30/2014This was my second time there and it was just as wonderful as the first time! From the moment we arrived everyone on the staff was very attentive, fun and made the Birthday Girl feel very special! The food was just amazing! ...and for a moment we all felt like we were back in Paris !!! Definately will return, many times I'm sure!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What happened?CaroVIPDined on 8/30/2014It has been over two years since I visited Bistro Niko. As before, the place, booze & service are lovely but what has happened to the food? It was dreadful. The menu is basic traditional french bistro and this does not offend me. I like a traditional bistro menu. The quality of the food- both the quality of the ingredients and how it is prepared- is below average. The snails were gummies with a garlic butter that was mostly cheap butter and onions. The Coq au Vin was Coq au Yuck! salty, tasteless, lacking the nice texture of the dish. The sauteed Foie Gras was gamy and a little past its time. The Gougeres did not taste like Gruyere... Why? The menu is not hard. I so wanted you to succeed. Uff.Special Features:
- Bistro NikotalkdownDined on 8/30/2014A regular favorite, great food, very authentic, excellent service.A real class act.Special Features:
- Wonderful Evening!BigScottATLVIPDined on 8/29/2014One of my favorite places to eat in the country; the food is exquisite, the service superb & you truly transported a a gorgeous on the left bank! While the noise level can be high (7 to 9 the loudest), its just a wonderful nite out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Been betterLmum27Dined on 8/29/2014This was our four this time dining at bistro niko. The first three times were outstanding in every facet, but on our most recent visit the service was slow and innattentive. Additionally the dishes didn't have the normal subtle elegance. Almost as if they were prepared by a line chef who understands "how" to make a dish, but not "why" the dish is made that way.Special Features:
- underwhelmingzangoosedDined on 8/29/2014This was easily one of my worst dining experiences ever in Buckhead. Abysmally slow service by a waiter who evidently completely forgot about our table after serving us our food. While the charcuterie platter, hanger steak, and duck confit we ordered were great, the coq au vin was excessively salty, and the sea bass didn't taste fresh at all. Overall, mom had a pretty disappointing 50th birthday lunch; as a remark, we did mention in our reservation that it was her birthday, and the lack of a response was almost comically unsurprising.Special Features:
- Outdoor diningLynnAVIPDined on 8/29/2014Great for sitting outside in Buckhead. Service was a little slow for a workday lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.