Bistro N - Nordstrom Houston Galleria
5192 Hidalgo Street
Houston, TX 77056Neighborhood:
Galleria / Uptown
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Bistro N - Nordstrom Houston Galleria
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.nordstrom.com/
- Phone: (832) 201-2710
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 7:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jared Estes
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Bistro N - Nordstrom Houston Galleria
Bistro N - Nordstrom Houston Galleria is a stylish, yet comfortable restaurant featuring a contemporary American interpretation of classic bistro cuisine. The exhibition kitchen provides a stage for chefs to prepare dishes in view of the guests, creating an energetic and entertaining environment. Perfect for a business lunch, dinner between shopping or a quick family meal, Café Bistro can meet all of your dining needs. The wait staff is knowledgeable with a passion for attentive service while the kitchen keeps the food fresh and beautifully presented. Café Bistro is committed to bringing you sustainable and organic foods when available, as well as products free of hydrogenated or partially hydrogenated oils. Top off your meal with the signature white chocolate bread pudding. The menu is complimented by a well-chosen selection of wine and beers that pair nicely with the menu. For a unique dining experience in the Houston area, experience Nordstrom Café Bistro. They look forward to servContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Bistro N - Nordstrom Houston Galleria - Best Restaurants in Galleria / Uptown ›
Bistro N - Nordstrom Houston Galleria reviews from OpenTable diners
27 reviews since August 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (22)fit for foodies (10)good for groups (10)neighborhood gem (8)kid-friendly (8)hot spot (4)notable wine list (4)great for brunch (3)special occasion (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- Best restaurant on nordstrom wingLagosgirlVIPDined on 11/2/2014We eat at the bistro all the time and the food is always fresh and delicious. I am so glad they added the bar so know there are cocktails too. Service can be a bit slow but super convenient for shoppingI would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food & atmosphere!!Ab004VIPDined on 9/26/2014There was evening entertainment on Friday night! Will definitely go back on a Friday night! People do not know what they are missing!!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food too noisyLeslieVIPDined on 9/25/2014The food is good, service was excellent and it is fun to spend a day shopping and having lunch. The problem is the noise level!! It was so loud we could not have a conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Much better than it needs to be.ChrisVIPDined on 9/20/2014Bistro N is a solid place to eat, and a nice place to wind down after shopping. I really appreciate the diversity of the menu items, as well as the value oriented Washington wines.Special Features:
- Great lunch w friends.JWhiteVIPDined on 9/19/2014I booked the reservation through OpenTable, it was very convenient to get the time, and for 6 people. Then we went back and changed to 8 people without any issues. They called and confirmed our reservation couple times prior to the time. We didn't have to wait when we showed up for our table. They were a little busy though, I had dined here a few other times and always had great service. The waitress we had this time does not seem to be as experienced, nice but made a few mistakes. Overall, great. One note, the soup and some of the dishes seem a little saltier also. (esp the lunch special soup, some type of bisque and onion soup)Special Features:
- Wonderful LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/5/2014great place, wonderful menu and incredible chocolate cake, a must try! Only sad news is that they no longer have the grilled ham and cheese sandwich I have been enjoying for years, served with some of the best French fries on the planet! We will hope for its return. Also fabulous is the crab stack and the shrimp and lime salad.Special Features:
- Crab cakes have lots of crabMJLFROGVIPDined on 9/3/2014I can't say that about everyone's crab cakes, but these had large chunks of crab and are quite tasty; and there are two nice-sized ones so one could share if the price is prohibited for you at lunch - with tax and gratuity, the cost is upwards of $26. Overall the food is good here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/8/2014Bistro N was great as usual! They had live music this time which made it a bit noisy, but still fun! Our waiter, Chris, was phenomenal! Always ask for him!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 62 reviews are from the Bistro N - Nordstrom Houston Galleria reviews archive.
- Good experienceKfraserDined on 7/26/2014The waiter took our order and we waited less than 10 minutes for our appetizer. Another 10 minutes and our food arrived. My only complaint, the waiter acted as if he was trying to rush us out. I was having lunch with an old friend that I had not seen in 15 years and we were catching up on some old times. The waiter asked if we were ready for the check three times in 10 minutes even before we had finished eating. Then he just walked up and laid the check on the table. He came for the check and we asked if it was alright if we stayed and had desert. He explained he would have to "redo" our check. There were empty tables, so I'm not sure why the "get em in and get em out attitude". Horrible waiter...Special Features:
- Service was excellantMarkGwithHoustonFirstVIPDined on 5/30/2014We had two waiters, although the one who was in training seemed to be nicer than the other. They catered to our every need whether it was warming our bread up, splitting entree's, or wrapping up our food to go. Very polite and professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bouillabaisse awful, but the bread…MarkGwithHoustonFirstVIPDined on 5/30/2014I had the Bouillabaisse, and it was not good. The rouille was over boiled and the texture was more sauce than stew. The selection of salmon for an ingredient was questionable since the overcooked fish gave off a slightly ammonia flavor. But the bread was pretty good. The calamari was above average – very crispy, not over-breaded, clean, clear flavor.
- FoodiegirlVIPDined on 5/30/2014Rude host, bad service, hair in food and dirty wine bottle on the display wall at our table. Very disaapointing!!
- Great little surpriseFoodlover916Dined on 5/13/2014Food was great. Great service. GF had the crab Mac and cheese I had the pomme frites. Raspberry lemonade very thick. Ginger peach tea delicious. The best thing of the night was the Hummus. Would go back just to eat that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As expectedFoodLoverVIPDined on 5/11/2014Everything was great, our server was a bit timid and quiet but nice. Everyone enjoyed their meals and had a great Mother's Day lunch! Especially when it is so convieniently located inside an awesome department store, Nordstrom, and you can shop afterwards!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/25/2014Very enjoyable and efficient. The menu is consistent, we always know what we like and it delivers as expected. The noise level was a little high and the floors needed a good vacuum. My mom dropped her pill and I went down on my knees looking for it, found it plus various other foods!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noisy & stay away from French dipmicksterDined on 4/18/2014Food was only OK except for the French dip sandwich. it was just a roll filled with beef fat. We pointed it out to the waiter, who asked the manager. The manager told him that it was "prime" beef which was typically 40% fat, that it came pre-sliced, and that there was nothing to be done. This sandwich was at LEAST 80% fat and virtually no lean beef. They were nice enough to comp the sandwich, which was fitting because no one could have eaten it. The noise level (1:00 pm on a Saturday) was just below deafening. We could hardly converse.
- This was my first visit. ServiceCoffeePleaseVIPDined on 4/12/2014This was my first visit. Service was good. Very attentive waiter. Noise level high. I don't like to scream at my lunch guest. Price a little high for the amount served.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Salad DivineNenaDined on 3/3/2014I often frequent the Bistro at Nordstrom in the Galleria and whenever I am traveling out of state. The food is always good. We had the spinach/pear/walnut salad (which was divine) and the crab cakes. We were there at lunchtime when it was busy, but we did not have to wait an abnormal amount of time to receive our order. Very good service.Special Features:
- Great lunch menu with a niceTigamaeDined on 2/24/2014Great lunch menu with a nice variety of salads and more substantial fare.Special Features:
- ConsistentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/20/2014I usually only dine here during lunch hours and I order the same thing Honey Chipotle Chicken Sandwich. It was DELICIOUS as I remember. The service was good. Our server and the hostess staff was really nice. With 2 people we got in and out within our one hour lunch period.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wife's BirthdayCajunDined on 2/15/2014The flowers I ordered through Open Table were on our reserved table when we arrived as requested. The flowers were high quality and beautiful. The appetizer (Lettuce Wrap) was excellent and all four in the party were pleased with their food. The Cocktails were excellent and the bread/olive oil/olive complementary appetizer was delicious. The restaurant was quiet enough to visit but had live music also. Definitely recommend Nordstrom Bistro for evening meals and special occasions! Overall Score 5 stars!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant with great foodNotOuisiesDined on 2/11/2014I love to go to bistro N for lunch with my friends. It has good food and service. I always want to go back again.Special Features:
- bartendermjs3606VIPDined on 12/28/2013Heather was my waitperson and she is the bartender. Have never had anyone as good as her!
- More professionalism neededScottVIPDined on 12/20/2013We go here frequently, and have been disappointed with the professionalism of the staff over the past couple of months. Seems like staff...especially wait staff needs to be trained a little better. A little more experience, etiquette and sophistication is needed. They are nice enough, but I feel like you hire folks by taking employees from a fast food restaurant. This is Nordstroms! And, you want a little better image....
- Bistro N always deliversDannyVIPDined on 11/24/2013My favorite lunch-spot when in the Galleria area! The wait for a table can be long- but I always get right in with my open table res. The caesar salad is available in a smaller size on request, and is a must-haveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is greatOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/21/2013I like to eat here for lunch and to do some last minute shopping.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delicious deliciousruthieDined on 11/1/2013Food was great. Shared a salad and sandwich with a friend and they split it in the kitchen. Fabulous blackberry and lavender martini and chocolate paradise for desert. Desert was huge and took large portion home. Food and service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Much improvedMJLFROGVIPDined on 10/30/2013I had not eaten here in quite a while because the last times had not been good, but I was pleasantly surprised this time. I had the shrimp salad with toasted corn, red peppers and tomatoes with a very good vinaigrette. It's pricey ($14.75) but well prepared and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a pleasant surpriseLisaBVIPDined on 10/26/2013Who would have thought you could get an upscale meal at Nordstom? I dined for lunch at the location in Santa Monica, CA a few months ago and loved it. So while visiting Houston for business this past weekend, I decided to give it a go. Not disappointed one little bit. My crab stack and brown butter brussel sprouts were beautifully presented and delicious. Wine selection was pretty good as well. There was even a bit of live music going on. WOW! Thank you, Nordstrom!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Great Birthday LunchBBP1Dined on 10/18/2013This was my sister birthday lunch. We had an amazing waiter and the food.recommendation he gave was outstanding. She had a great time for her first time. I was pleased to see that they were agreeable to my request to have a slice of cake brought out with a candle. I love Nordstroms Cafe and Nordstroms.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High standardsShazaDined on 9/28/2013It was such a pleasure to enjoy a nice lunch & a glass of wine at a shopping mall,.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fast service, great for lunchShavonnahVIPDined on 9/27/2013Nordstrom Bistro always delivers a great product. I love to dine here for lunch because the service is always fast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Light and refreshingDannyVIPDined on 8/31/2013Bistro N is one of my favorite lunch spots- a refreshing glass of white wine, and a tasty meal that appeals to foodies, but doesn't bog you down for the rest of the afternoon. Thanks for accommodating my request for a booth. A+.Special Features:
- Late foodago86Dined on 8/14/2013We got our food an hour after we ordered and we only ordered soups and salads. Our waiter rarely stopped by our table to let us know what the problem was, and when he finally brought our soup he told us that his manager would be coming to the table to talk to us. We didn't have time to eat becuase we had to go back to work so I told our waiter to put our food to go. Apparently the manager was too busy to explain what happened or even apologize for our food. The only good thing is that our food was taken care of, but an explanation from the manager would have been appreciated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The breading pudding is the best!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/22/2013I took a few friends to dinner and it was a nice evening. Always save room for dessert and order the bread pudding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/5/2013Had another nice lunch today. The Nicoise salmon salad was so delicious! It was slightly smaller than I expected though. Very good flavors. Hubby's club sandwich was great too. They are so sweet with kids. Bring out organic raisins with bread; great for kids; excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find at the Mall! (Galleria)!Dineout5VIPDined on 5/18/2013Looking for a nice meal (real food) at the mall? This could be your place. The only issue we had was the noise level...can be a bit noisy; and on a recent Saturday night visit, the musician/guitarist was so loud we couldn't have a decent conversation at a table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Used to love itAmyDVIPDined on 5/10/2013I have eaten here since they opened years ago. Lately, though, they have made small and big changes that will make my returns less frequent. They have removed a few of our favorite menu items, including my young son's favorite vine ripe vegetable salad. The signature chocolate mints are now their own brand and much smaller. And the bread now comes in small pieces, a fraction of what it used to be. I don't know, it's just gone from sort of charming to another "meh" chain standby. Oh, and lunch service was very slow.Special Features:
- The food was great! The serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/26/2013The food was great! The service made it even better. Will definitely return. Dinner for four, drinks, appetizers, most fairly priced dinner I've ever had in a while. Seats are limited so get there before 7pm.Special Features:
- Wonderful berry and fig saladOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/10/2013Wonderful berry and fig salad with goat cheese, very light and refreshing.Special Features: