1350 Avenue of the Americas
New York, NY 10019Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bistromilanonyc.com/
- Phone: 212-757-2600x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Daily: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Juan Zenteno
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Catering is available for more information please call 212-757-2600 and ask for Eric or email us at: email@example.com
- Private Party Facilities: Restaurant buy-outs and Outside Patio are available. Our Main Dining area can accommodate guests up to 62 seated/ 75 standing.
Outside Patio can accommodate guests up to 65 seated / 100 standing (for privacy planter partitions are available). Our Outside Patio is great for Cocktail Receptions, Corporate Team Building and more.
- Private Party Contact: Eric Tancredi, General Manager 212-757-2600x
- Special Events: For more information on Special Events please call 212-757-2600 and ask for Eric or email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cross Street: West 55th Street and 6th Avenue
- Public Transit: 57th & 7 Ave Stop on N, R & Q Trains
53rd St. & 5th Ave Stop on E & F Trains
55th & 5th Ave Stop on M1, M2, M3, M4, M5 and Q32 Bus
55th & 6th Ave Stop on M7, M5 Bus
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Street Parking and Paid parking is available along and across the restaurant
A word from Bistro Milano
Authentic Italian bistro with Milanese flare featuring traditional specialty from Lombardy and other regions from Italy. Warm environment welcoming casual and elegant attire. Outdoor patio seating available during summer season.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bistro Milano reviews from OpenTable diners
33 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (21)neighborhood gem (18)great for lunch (8)fit for foodies (7)notable wine list (5)romantic (5)special occasion (5)good for groups (4)late-night find (3)hot spot (1)vibrant bar scene (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Consistently goodMike46Dined on 10/12/2014Our third visit and consistently good. Excellent unpretentious server who had good understanding of menu items and wine list. Very good food, well cooked and presented with generous portions. Has an outside/pavement area for warmer months. Tucked away between 5th and sixth avenue and very close to the excellent Warwick Hotel.Special Features:
- Love the Mezze Luna PastaNotATourist2010VIPDined on 10/7/2014Mezza Luna pasta is back and worth a visit. Most enjoyable dinner with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice dinnerMarkncarlaDined on 10/3/2014This is a nice place for a quiet dinner, but I will say the lasagna was disappointing. It was not what I would expect from this type of restaurant. But, the chocolate fondue was delicious!! I recommend having dinner here but try something besides lasagna!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great fresh foodFoodiegirlVIPDined on 9/21/2014Our second trip to ny city this year and to Milanos. We love the fresh made pasta, delicious.service both times was slow. No one came over to take our order for a good 10 minutes. It wasn't crowded on a Sunday evening but the staff knew the customers. I guess it is a favorite neighborhood bistro. The servers were very attentive to the regulars. We weren't as fortunate. Our ice teas weren't refilled. I had to ask for bread. And a dessert menu. I recommend it for the food not so sure I would go back because of the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bistro MilanoJOHNDined on 9/19/2014Seated against back wall in row of 2 seater tables which were far too close together.Was also hot .Service initially very slow but improved.My maincourse was o.k but my wife said her lasagna was poor/tasteless.Have dined here a few times before and enjoyed it-but not this time. Decided not to complain because did not want to make the evening even worse by getting involved in a argument/discussion.
- Warm and friendly, excellent food.JrcasaDined on 9/16/2014Upon entering the restaurant I was greeted warmly by the hostess and the wait staff. I chose to abandon my table and sit at the bar. The waitress provided a very nice review of the menu and offered suggestions of the menu items. The bar staff was friendly and attentive. The food was served in a timely fashion and was prepared and presented very well. I enjoyed the experience so much, I came the following day prior to my departure. The staff remembered me from the prior evening, greeting me as if I was a long time customer. I plan to be in New York and will without a doubt return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fine food, poor servicecdgproDined on 8/31/2014We were greeted promptly and seated right away. The waiter took a drink order and then seemed to pressure us to make a dinner order. We asked for a bread basket and were told "usually we bring the bread AFTER you place your dinner order". I found the response to be very curt boardering on rude. We ordered and the bread came right away. Main meal was fine ... just fine. After dinner we were interested in looking at the desert menu, but could not see to get our waiter's attention. There was a crowd but by no means too busy. The bus boy finally brought a desert menu and I asked him to bring a check. Left <10% as tip with "fine food, poor service" written on merchant copy of bill.Special Features:
- just as good second time aroundSeahuntDined on 8/30/2014found this in August and returned on a September trip...food still divine - love having a seasonal menu - great service, very relaxing vibe but still feel like life happening around you...personally would change the jazz music to something less monotonous. But won't keep us from returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mealRWH123VIPDined on 8/28/2014Our party of six was seated at our requested round table. The waiter was pleasant and very attentive throughout the meal. It was our first visit and we will certainly return the next time we are in NY. All dishes were winners. Portions were a bit larger than we expected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!!KWdiningDined on 8/11/2014Our first night in NYC. Really enjoyed the food, atmosphere and the friendly staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- skip itOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/10/2014Wouldn't recommend.... service is consistently bad. I gave it a second try. Wish I hadn't
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014Consistantly good food. Great location in mid-town.Special Features:
- Off niteNotATourist2010VIPDined on 7/17/2014I always enjoy Bistro Milano and often recommend to others and bring colleagues for dinner. This last time was not the best, I think the waiter was having an off day. Though busy we were seated immediately at an outside table. However the wrong entree was served to my guest; waiter apologized for submitting the wrong order & bought us a glass of wine. We kept it & my companion said it was good. My entree was good but I was immediately ill when I returned to my hotel. The staff was distracted for a while as someone's credit card was lost. Management and staff are very customer focused & this was an anomaly based on my experience. Though I will say I have not returned in over a month. I will return and try again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a disappointment!SouthernBelle66Dined on 7/11/2014Went there for dinner based on the good reviews. Service was extremely slow and after waiting and waiting, they brought the wrong order. Finally got my correct dish and it was poor, at best. Don't let the crowd fool you.
- Great food, best Italian!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/28/2014Great atmosphere, incredible food, will be back next tint we are in Midtown!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 392 reviews are from the Bistro Milano reviews archive.
- Not impressedLuvnycDined on 6/23/2014We received a recommendation to try this place in mid-town, and it just didn't live up to our expectations. The wine was great and the food was just on- nothing exciting. Good service.Special Features:
- disappointingnyprofessionalDined on 6/22/2014We have lived here in Manhattan for decades, and it is hard to find a good reasonably priced place for brunch near city center. Came across bistro milano, where the ambience looked great and there were good food reviews. It is true that it was beautiful sitting outside, but after waiting at least 20 minutes for our order, the waiter came back to say one of the entrees we ordered was not available! The other 3 of us were given our food soon thereafter, and the one who had to re-order waited quite awhile longer. All of our food was delivered cold (was supposed to be hot). I'd try it one more time, given the ambience.
- Great recommendationsMollyDined on 6/21/2014We were told by 2 different people to go and we are happy we did:)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dinnerSiddharthDined on 6/18/2014We had a great dinner at Milano Bistro, and the service was very good, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always enjoyableNotATourist2010VIPDined on 6/17/2014Food was delicious as usual though my favorite the mezza luna pasta with veal was no longer on the menu. The waitress assisted in finding another selection, a ravioli which was quite good. The white sangria was very refreshing. Wait staff are great. Go there, you will enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- earlydinnerDined on 6/15/2014Had early dinner before performance at the Palace Theater. Food was excellent and very good size portions. I will return. I asked if the Chef would do a veal milaanese and it was done to perfection with a very tasty salad on top.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodJeffDined on 6/12/2014i recommend the scallops capesanti which was delicious. My wife enjoyed the pizza margherita. The vodka sour was also very tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Big ooops they only brought one.CreshtodineDined on 6/8/2014Bistro Milano has always been a favorite of mine I brought a friend this time from London the service was only average we both ordered but they only brought one meal the server then asked wasn't I eating they were all surprised by the fact two people one order. They did try to correct the situation by giving me a free glass of wine not much of a treat when my friend was finished before my meal came. Will have to think before I go back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not their bestCgwilsonVIPDined on 6/3/2014I was disappointed with my most recent visit to Bistro Milano. For starters, they jammed 6 of us into a table for 4. We asked for the 'round ends' to be popped up to accommodate everyone, and they obliged with one, leaving two diners very cramped. Next, the wine I ordered was 'out', so they suggested a cheaper bottle, but tried to charge me for the wine I originally ordered. Overall the service was not what I remember from previous dinners. The service was slow and sloppy yet the waitstaff was very rushed. The 'runner' asked the table if they wanted pepper. When one colleague said 'no', he left...(what about the rest of us. 2 soup starters were delivered without spoons. Food was good, but poor service was a real distraction.
- Wonderful find!BarbaraDined on 6/1/2014Interesting menu, great food and ambiance. Wait staff was a bit slow but very charming. Leave yourself time to enjoy the experience. We have put this on our go-to list in the city.Special Features:
- Great service !!BJPOVIPDined on 5/31/2014The best restaurant in town !! I was served by Ben. He was the waiter who served us and recommended the best dishes. He is perfect !! And the food was delicious !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great timeROSYVIPDined on 5/31/2014This was our second visit for luch and we were very pleased. Service was attentive and the food was nicely presented and delicious. We will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive but goodSongmanDined on 5/23/2014Food is fresh,service is good,however this restaurant is more expensive than $$$. As long as you are aware of this you will enjoy your lunch or dinner.I would return to this restaurant and the wait staff was very professional.
- Delightful dining experiencefoodie843VIPDined on 5/11/2014We chose Bistro Milano because it was Mother's Day, I wanted to have a reservation for dinner, and I wanted it to be close to Le Parker Meridien where we were staying. I had read some reviews on either Yelp or TripAdviser (can't remember which one) and it sounded pretty good. Well, we all enjoyed our meals and appetizers. We had the crab cake appetizer, the beet salad, and the caesar salad and they were all delicious. For entrees we had the halibut special which was so delicious, the lasagna, the Branzino and my son had a delicious rich pasta dish (had a bite, but not sure what it was). The pasta was perfectly al dente. It was a beautiful evening and we enjoyed sitting outside under the large umbrellas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favorite Italian placesemjohnDined on 5/11/2014Bistro Milano has a wonderful and unusual menu and a very friendly accommodating wait staff. Many times we have wandered in at the last minute and they have always found a way to fit us in. They have a superb pappardelle alla telefono which I almost always order. Elegant but very warm and welcoming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brilliant findRegencyAnneDined on 5/10/2014We couldn't make our original reservation, so I used Open Table and stumbled upon Bistro Milano. It's absolutely fantastic. There were 4 of us, and we sampled each other's food -- it was all absolutely delicious. I am so glad I found this place. Modern and bright, with street-side dining. Attentive staff. Wine by the glass, mezzo-litro, or bottle. Amazing food, mid-priced. Great midtown location near the Park. I would recommend to anyone who loves great Italian food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MTNorrisDined on 5/9/2014We have been passing this restaurant for a few years now on our way to other eateries -- not sure why. When, finally, we decided to have dinner here, I wondered why we had waited so long.....it was excellent -- food, service and ambiance. One small quibble was the mixed berry sorbet following dinner, which was pretty bland. Everything else was delicious and the service was spot on. We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Great Neighborhood SpotMidtownWestDined on 5/5/2014This place is extremely good. It is quiet, the service is competent, and the food is very good and consistently so. The menu has excellent variety for people on various diets and budgets and the wine list is good and reasonably priced. When the weather is warm, one can sit at a table outside without being check-to-check with people on the sidewalk.Special Features:
- great valueOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/3/2014We were able to get a table at the last minute on a Saturday at 8:30. The staff were very friendly though we had to ask them to leave some time between courses. Salads were delicious and substantial while my veal was tender with a truffle sauce. Our waitress brought us complimentary glass of dessert wine to top of an excellent evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Choice, Great LocationluvthechoicesDined on 4/25/2014I chose Bistro Milano because it was close to the Hilton Hotel, where I was attending a conference. The staff was welcoming on our arrival. We sat at a table in the corner, which was quieter than the rest of the restaurant. The Caesar salad was phenomenal--the best I've had in years. My husband had the chicken Milanese which was cooked perfectly, very moist and delicious and I had the pasta and crabmeat which was very good. We were not disappointed and would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- I would returnJeffDined on 4/19/2014Classy service, nice ambiance. Perhaps tables are too close together to call it intimate, but tables on either side offered interesting conversation with interesting classy people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LukerVIPDined on 4/9/2014Food is consistent and service impeccable. Conveniently located right downstairs from office.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Magnificent elegant cuisineOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 4/5/2014We've been looking for a long time for sumptuous cuisine near City a Center which we frequent. Stumbled upon this restaurant in your list. The food is dazzling. I had a special - pan seared red snapper cut into fourths and layered like a "cake" with alternating fish and vegetables . A delicate orange sauce was drizzled over the structure. So creative! So sumptuous !Special Features:
- BEWARE: Turned Away at the Dooremtwo22Dined on 4/4/2014Chose this retaurant becuase it was close to City Center, where we had tickets that night. And rain was in the forecast. We arrived at our reserved 6:15 time to a VERY NOISY room with the entry area crowded with people apparently hoping to be seated. We found out why. When the hostess finally made her way to the check-in stand, we were informed that we could not be seated for "at least 40 minutes" because there was a convention at the adjoining hotel. This was followed by "sorry" in a tone that said she was anything but. Will never go back. Suggest all who value a restaurant honoring its reservations seek dinner elsewhere.
- Excellent Italian bistro!galefbVIPDined on 3/28/2014We wanted something near our convention hotel and before the theater. I narrowed it down and then read the reviews. Other folks raved. They were right! this is a terrific restaurant. All aspects: food, drink, service, were authentic and wonderful. Next time we're in NYC we'll put this restaurant on our list for return.Special Features: