200 SW Market Street
Portland, OR 97201Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.bistromarquee.com/
- Phone: (503) 208-2889
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: M-Sa 11:30am-2:00pm
Dinner: M-Sa 4L00pm-10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, French
- Executive Chef: Rick Widmayer
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wine
- Cross Street: 3rd and 4th
- Public Transit: Portland being the transportation hub of the country, 200 Market is easy to locate and get to upon all public transit. The green or yellow max line south to PSU will drop you within 2 blocks walking distance. Or the endless bus routes will put you right across the street. Visit www.trimet.org to plan your route to 200 Market St. Portland, OR 97201
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: With great access to parking as apart of 200 Market, you can choose to park your self in the garage or get valeted. Bistro Marquee validates parking and will gladly assist you in doing so.
A word from Bistro Marquee
Right downtown in Portland"s theater district at 200 Market Street, Bistro Marquee features an open kitchen, expansive bar, airy dining room and year-round seating on the glass-in heated patio. Walking distance to theaters, hotels and the gorgeous Portland riverfront, Bistro Marquee is the perfect stop for delicious cuisine and drinks any time of the day. The robust happy hour features items both on the dining menu and bar-only fare to provide a tantalizing experience. The French inspired menu uses both classical and new techniques to enhance the flavors of your pallet. Frequently changing menu items ensure seasonal options that support local farms and provide ingredients of the highest quality. The cocktail list consists of libations with an emphasis on creativity and presentation. The beer list is focused on regional microbrews, while the wine is Regional and imported both on tap and by the bottle.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFrench
Bistro Marquee - Best Restaurants in South Waterfront ›
Bistro Marquee reviews from OpenTable diners
44 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (11)great for outdoor dining (11)fit for foodies (11)great for lunch (9)neighborhood gem (7)romantic (5)good for groups (4)notable wine list (4)scenic view (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Nice pre-show dinnerLindaRDined on 11/15/2014We had no problems with slow service or menu items for our 5:45 reservation on a Saturday opera night. Hubby & I split the beet salad which was very tasty (although could use more beets). I had the shrimp etouffee which was a treat since you don't find it on very many menus. Nice big juicy shrimp, too. Extensive wine list has quite a few high-priced items (sorry ... I'm just not spending $100 on a bottle of wine ... anywhere!) but we selected one of the house wines and liked it just fine. The trio of home-made ice creams made a yummy dessert to split between us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bistro Marquee more like BOOSTRO MarqueePortlandfoodiegalDined on 11/15/2014The location of this restaurant is fantastic if you're going to see a show at the Keller Auditorium. However, the food, service and prices are less than stellar. I've been here probably 5 times over the years. Each time it's the same. The food is just ok. Nothing that knocks your socks off. Even though the staff is very nice, they can't seem to get the service part down. They continue to deliver food to the wrong tables, forget bread service, forget to come by and periodically check on how you're doing, etc. We spent $100 on two people, one ordered a martini. For that cost, we should have gone to Morton's. Better food and service for the cost.
- Some food was better than others.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/15/2014Entrée was wonderful. Soup was good but not hot. Irish coffee was not good nor hot. Ice cream for dessert was a single scoop about the size of a ping pong ball.I would recommend this to a friend.
- After hourscoltDined on 11/13/2014Wish they were open after events at the Keller for small plates, desserts and drinks. The chef does a job with his salmon entrees.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's always nice hereLeslieDined on 11/13/2014Very nice décor & setting. Quite a limited menu. In my experience, the duck confit is probably the best entrée; every component was perfectly cooked and flavorful. I spoke with the owner after the meal and she was very gracious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Before the OperaRareFindsDined on 11/7/2014This is a great spot to eat before the Opera or any performance. It's spendy, but the food is excellent, and the service is fantastic.Special Features:
- Great before event at KellerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/7/2014My wife and I came here before an event at Keller Auditorium. I had the salmon, it was quite tasty. My wife had the ravioli, which she enjoyed. The wines seemed a bit spendy, but good. The service was friendly, and Portland. So many beards! All in all a good time. It was a bit chilly, according to my wife.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit of a letdownBlade86Dined on 10/25/2014Nothing really stood out here. It was all pretty good, but nothing memorable. Apps were decent, but one entree, the shrimp etouffee was in a smothering sauce without much flavor and our dessert, the lava cake, was garnished wonderfully but overcooked so it was a lava-less cake. And the menu was very spartan and limited compared to what we found on OpenTable...THAT was the biggest disappointment..
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/21/2014Great location if attending events at the Keller. And they refund your parking in the garage below them.
- Nice place across from the KellerJanSusanDined on 10/17/2014First time the four of us have eaten here. Nice place, and great location for going to the Keller Auditorium for a performance. If you park in the parking lot next to the restaurant, Bistro Marquee reimburses you in cash ($5) for the parking fee. Great deal.
- Erratic timing, decent foodKodirollaDined on 10/17/2014Food good, friendly service. Timing was completely off-they had our entres ready for the table before the salads could be finished, the appetizer arrived in the middle of the salad course.....quantities were nice, and food very decent, and friendly service--just a kitchen that didn't pace the food to the diner-made for a very strange meal.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/16/2014Food is excellent, service is good-friendly staff. I would say this just isn't the best spot for bigger groups.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dont go on a friday or sate niteOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/4/2014restaurant right across from the theatre -- almost all if not all diners here are going to the 7:30 curtain had reservation for 2 at 6:00pm. we were seated immediately -- drink order was taken -- bread was brought to the table and we ordered dinner ----- it finally arrived at 7:00pm we asked for the check and a to go box at the time the meal was served ... im sorry but 15 minutes is not enough time to eat a meal couple next to us arrived at 5:30pm-- they were dissatisfied with their cocktails and they were replaced with white wine --- they were served after us -- they were told that chicken takes a little a little longer to prepare 1 drink -- 1 iced tea and 2 entrees 65.50 before tip and only 15 min to eat meal they validate parking
- Good for the theaterGerryBDined on 10/4/2014had a 5:45 reservation. was sat right away, drinks came quickly. service was very friendly. food was good and large portions ( i ordered the fish of the day, salmon). Had no problems making a 7:30 curtain at the Keller.
- Food was deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014We enjoyed the selection and found the food to be very good. The wine and the wait staff were also very enjoyable. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible Experiencejbgb1614Dined on 10/2/2014We made reservations for 6pm arrived at 5:55pm. We were promptly seated & then ignored. Had to ask for cocktails twice after waiting 20 min. Finally got drinks & had to ask for bread. Order was finally taken around 6:30 & didn't see server again until we tracked someone down to ask about dinner. Finally, at 7:00pm, we told server we had show to attend at 7:30 at Keller, & asked how much longer we had to wait. We were told they always get everyone out in time for the show, & to order another cocktail. At 7:10, my friend got up to find someone to ask about our food again...& for the second time, were told they always get everyone out in time for the show, leaving us 10 min. to eat. We walked out of the restaurant with no dinner.
- Great for before theater dinners.CarlPdxDined on 10/2/2014It is busy before theater nights so you nee reservations but the staff is very efficient and do a great job. The food is delicious.Special Features:
- Made to sit outsideDinnerb4showDined on 10/2/2014Even though we had made reservation, we were seated outside with no option of an inside table. It was only 68 so not super comfortable for outdoor dining. Other than that, food and service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almost late to TheaterdisappointeddinerDined on 10/2/2014Arrived 5:35P for 5:45P reservation; Cocktails served at 5:50P; Meal order finally taken at 6:15P; Meal served at 7:00P Food was great but little time to enjoy before 7:30P theater. Need to improve waitperson attentiveness or kitchen timing inasmuch as two adjacent later arrivals were served well before our table came up in the que.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst service at a restaurant everbritDined on 10/2/2014Decided to try Bistro Marquee before a recent show at the Keller. Huge mistake. Had reservations at 5:45 for a 7:30 show, which is typical at other pre-show restaurants in the area (VQ, Mortons). Seated at 5:55. Placed our food order at 6:10. (we notified our waiter that we were going to the show.) Our food did not arrive until 7:12! We had about 10 minutes to shovel our food into our faces before we had to leave for the show. I think it was good but I have no idea. People all around us were having the same issue. Many tables (including ours) asked to speak to the owner, who was very defensive and not receptive to any criticism. Our waiter took the wine off our check, but the owner's bad attitude will keep me away in the future.
- Perfect before a show!AnneSDined on 10/1/2014The ambiance was great with a nice patio space outside that would have been fun to sit at. The service was good and the food also good. It worked out perfectly as a place to dine before a show at the Keller. They even cover parking in the building next door!Special Features:
- Perfect for theatre eveningsrosieVIPDined on 10/1/2014We had a lovely dinner at Bistro Marquee this week before the theatre. Our cocktails and dinner were excellent. We did not feel rushed but our dinner was easily finished before the theatre--just across the street. Our server was knowledgeable friendly and efficient. I would highly recommend this restaurant for a theatre evening.
- good location, awful foodGazelleDined on 10/1/2014The food and service are terrible here. The place is way over priced for what is served - save your money and go to Morton's.
- FabulousFavourite1Dined on 9/26/2014Have been several times - it never disappoints. For happy hour there is good wine and really interesting, tasty small plates in the cosy little bar. But, don't eat too much or, even better, come back the next night , because it is the dinner menu that showcases the skills of the chef. Every selection is perfectly prepared and beautifully presented.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meal was yummy & fries were great!PdxdoggirlDined on 9/8/2014Lunch was yummy and restaurant had a fresh bright atmosphere. My companions order was mixed up in the kitchen (a large beef salad instead of small) and they graciously comped the difference. Service was a little rough at first but improved by mid meal. Order took over thirty minutes before served and we noticed others seated after our party were served before us. Would have liked to have had server acknowledge or give explanation. Turkey sandwich was very good and the side salad was fresh. My friend ordered fries w/her meal and they were very tasty. Overall an enjoyable lunch. Would recommend to others.Special Features:
- croquettesCeciDined on 8/14/2014We were severely disappointed when we ordered the croquettes on the happy hour menu. They are listed as plural, insinuating that they come with at least two, but we discovered it was only one. Please modify your menu to indicate that you only get one croquette.Special Features:
- The following 126 reviews are from the Bistro Marquee reviews archive.
- Special lunch, great serviceOrKatDined on 7/23/2014This is a nice step up from the many casual eateries in the University area -- a nice place for a special lunch. The food is an imaginative blend of offerings to meet all tastes, and the presentation well-done. The woman who waited on us is my favorite wait person in the entire city (and I eat out a lot!) She has the perfect balance of knowledge of the food, personal connection, and timely responsiveness to requests... All of that plus her English (?) accent makes me look forward to my next trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnderwhelmedpauleywalnutsDined on 7/19/2014Seeing that it's Rick (from Screen Door, my favorite PDX restaurant), I expected pretty good food. At least something of note. We waited nearly 30 minutes to place our food order, and then waited another 30 before our appetizers arrived. Duck confit egg rolls (pre rolled, not fresh to order, no need for a 30 min wait) came out first, then manchego and potato croquettes that were inconsistent between bites (some had cheese, some didn't). Will not be returning.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/17/2014Convenient place to eat before going to a performance at Keller Auditorium. Good service. Large serving portions.Special Features:
- OvercookedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/16/2014The hostess was frantic and walked by us 4 times before greeting us. Our server was good and knowledgable about the specials. The entree's were completely overcooked and the table next to us also was complaining about the entree's. We all sent our food back to the kitchen and it still came back out overcooked. We would not eat here again.
- Perfect before the show...SilvertonFoodieDined on 7/15/2014Leave enough time (i.e., start 90+ minutes before the show), as they seemed a bit overwhelmed as there was a wait for the main course, but it is a great spot for before shows at Keller Auditorium.Special Features:
- Before Theatrelemons4uVIPDined on 7/15/2014This is the perfect place for a before theatre dinner experience. We watched as many couples were turned away, so book early and you will have a delicious meal before crossing the street to the Keller. It is perfect! We had a relatively new waitress but she was personable, attentive and seemed wanting to please. The food was excellent lots of variety, and good size portions. I highly recommend this as a great dining spot, even if you aren't going to theater.Special Features:
- Not on Show NightSpcldnrDined on 7/15/2014I just want to suggest not to try to eat here before a show. We had 5:30 reservations allowing plenty of time to be in our seats at 7:30. We almost got seated in the dining room but our table was given to the couple behind us and we got sent to the bar. The menu had no vegetarian selections as we had seen on the webpage. There were selections when we asked. At 6:50 3 of the 4 in our party got their dinner. 10 minutes later it came We hurriedly ate our $25 dinners that tasted quite good and made it to our seats with time to spare. One of the bartenders told us how proud they were that they had served 60 people in 1 hour. I just could not share his pleasure.Special Features:
- Not up to expectationsDanAlgonquinDined on 7/12/2014The experience didnt match our expectations. We made a reservation for 7:30 on a Saturday night ... and we ended up the only people in the restaurant. They started closing down right after we were seated, which they ended up putting us in the bar. It was our anniversary and we had hoped for something a little more intimate and romantic, instead we got just a run of the mill seat in the bar. Our water was warm. The flower on our table was dead. This while several staff members finished their shift and sat in the bar to loudly discuss their day. The food was good. The waiter and bartender were very gracious and helpful, but it just didn't turn out like we had hoped.
- Bistro Marquee has improved!portlandgalDined on 7/11/2014We've come a few times over the past year, usually before a show at the Keller. Once again, we reserved a table before a show. Service this time was quite good; the restaurant was really busy with people dining before the performance, but they had obviously scheduled in extra wait staff, which was much appreciated. That has not generally been our experience at other times. The food was good; we had a salad and the burger with pork belly along with drinks. Table was right near the kitchen, which was not great and we asked to switch to an empty one by a window, but the hostess said that "somebody had requested that exact table" and she was unable to honor our request. So that table sat empty for the first 45 minutes we were there.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great before eventCarlPdxDined on 7/10/2014The food and service are great and it works great for an event at the Keller.Special Features:
- Superb mealBlanchetteDined on 7/9/2014Three of us dined here pre-theater and we each ordered different meals, all of which were exceptional. My duck confit was the best I've ever had and came with 3 delicious sides. Will dine here again.Special Features:
- Great food and...primarypalateDined on 7/8/2014... a great spot for pre-Keller events. A little hectic but the food was excellent and the service attentive.Special Features:
- Food delicious! Service subpar.CityGirlLovesCountryDined on 7/8/2014Reservation made in April, for July 8, so I was a bit putoff when we were seated in the loud bar with a soccer match on t.v. Negatives: Our waiter did not know what beers were on tap or what the soup was. We were dining with another couple. Our food was delievered 5 minutes before the other couples. Our pre-entree dishes were not cleared before our food was delivered. One person in our party ordered soup. It was delievered without a spoon. After waiting a few minutes for our waiter to reappear he got up and asked for a spoon. Our check was delivered to our table while one of our party was still eating. Good things: food was DELICIOUS and it's a great location if you're seeing a show at Keller.
- Limited happy hourLuv2dineDined on 7/8/2014FYI. Went there before show at the Kellar after reading about the super happy hour. Happy hour limited to the 8 seats at the bar on show nights. Otherwise food and service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.