290 W Main St
Northborough, MA 01532Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bistrolimoncello.com/
- Phone: 5083935440x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner 7 days a week for Lunch and Dinner 11AM - 11PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Dessert, American, Italian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Bistro Limoncello
Bistro Limoncello is a hot spot in the metro west area! Old school Italian with an American flair.Continued
NOW OPEN FOR LUNCH
NOW OPEN FOR LUNCH
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Bistro Limoncello - Best Restaurants in Northboro ›
Bistro Limoncello reviews from OpenTable diners
44 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (24)fit for foodies (12)romantic (10)special occasion (9)good for groups (7)notable wine list (4)kid-friendly (3)great for outdoor dining (2)late-night find (1)great for lunch (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Thank goodness for good companyoldgolfer27Dined on 9/25/2014We have been to this place 4 times now and find it unremarkable. The service was marginal, food was decent but not great. We were one of a few tables and could barely hear each other over the live music. Turn down the volume when the restaurant isn't full!
- ExcellentMichaelaDined on 9/20/2014The service was wonderful and the food was amazing. It was the best meal both my boyfriend and I have had. We will certainly be back! Highly recommend!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I will go back again!QTSGirlVIPDined on 9/19/2014This was my second time at this restaurant. I would have given a 4.5 but couldn't. All the food was fabulous except for my entrée which was a special. The meal would have been great if the Candied Walnuts in the recipe hadn't been burnt. The owner came over to check on our table and I let me him know the issue. He had the Chef remake the dinner without the Walnuts which we brought home and was great!!! When you go don't forget to order the Risotto Balls - they are out of this world!!! The Peanut Butter pie was yummy!Special Features:
- Good Food... Slow ServiceFineDinerVIPDined on 9/18/2014The servers were very nice, but our lunch took over 2 hrs and we had to prompt them to even get it that short. And there were only two tables -- one for a party of 2 and ours for a party of 7. Once we ordered the appetizers, it improved slightly, but even then, there seemed to be long lulls of time when we had to catch someone's attention to get help. The food was delicious. Calamari, Risotto balls, and brushetta for apps, and then many us had different lunch entrees -- all were pleased. Generous portions on the pasta - beware and share!Special Features:
- Double DateOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/6/2014Great restaurant. Don't let the strip mall location stop you. Great service, great food, elegant without being fussy. The risotto poppers appetizer are better than your Grandmothers! We sat, chatted through two bottles of wine--never felt rushed. We had our share of picky eaters at our table and everyone had a wonderful meal. The destructure cannoli was amazing and very trendy. Traditional meets modern. Perfect! What would have caused a 5 star in Ambiance review? Bring back the entertainment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over all disappointedYummyDined on 8/23/2014Although I was the only on in my party of four who said I would not car to go back, I do tend to be fussier than most about my dining experiences. The staff was very accommodating. I just was not impressed with my meal and thought I could get a better meal for less money or equal money in other restaurant's I frequent. I did not like the pasta sauce and one of the party members felt that the dish he ordered described as spicy could have had more zip to it.
- An Italian GemJerryDined on 8/23/2014It was our first time there and it was a most pleasant experience. We shared an appetizer, had three different entrees abd shared a dessert and eveything was excellent. The decor was tasteful, the setting romantic to subdued, the atmosphere was moderate but got louder as the tables filled, the service was above average and the food was served promptly, hot and tasted like it came from Italy. Relax, eat and enjoy every bite!Special Features:
- Kind of PriceyMammaTDined on 8/9/2014Food was good but nothing special. Service was OK. Overall kind of pricey, almost twice as expensive as you would expect. $9 for a salad is a little much. $133 for dinner for 2 courses for two + tax & 20% tip (including a $38 bottle of wine) is a tad high for a strip mall restaurant with the host in shorts! At least this time we weren't sitting at the table right near the kitchen.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014Beautiful ambiance, 1st time here, comparable to the Italian family small resturant in the North end. .Sorry to say and a little disappointed that we had to ask the waitress to lite the candle as it was date night, mentioned that fresh grated parmesan for the pasta would be a nice touch and waitress apologized that she forgot to offer it Good to know at the very least that they offer it. Eggplant parmesan was so breaded that I question whether it was prepackaged rather then homemade. That would be insulting to those of us who can make but sometimes just like a night out.Special Features:
- lot's of lipstick on this pigTamoDined on 7/25/2014Some friends recommend this place, so we decided to take a drive to check it out. When we arrived the place looked dead and we were skepticle. Strike one, the bartender did a short pour on the martini. We were escorted into the dining room by a person who I think was the owner. He came across as an arrogant, Mafia-wannabe, stereotype. We were seated in a room where the music was too loud. We requested the music volume be adjusted to something more appropriate, and they complied. Service was slow. The house salad was way over dressed. My fault, as I forgot to ask for dressing on the side. My pasta dish tasted like the sauce came out of a jar. My wife's salmon was over cooked.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/18/2014I took my girlfriend here the other night. Great service!!!!!Affordable!!!Ambiance could be better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I want to love this place...bill33oVIPDined on 7/12/2014...But right now I can still only say I like it. We were there about a year ago and hoped it would be better. I decided to give it another try but I feel the same way at this point. Service is really prompt and friendly. The atmosphere is warm and inviting and I love the (mostly) Italian style music they play. However, the food is average. I had the pasta primavera and my husband had the pasta with sausage special. It seemed for both dishes that the pasta station wasn't letting the pasta drain enough. Our sauces were watery which in turn diluted the seasoning. This was a similar problem we encountered a year ago - just not enough flavor. Everything is okay at the moment and then quite forgettable afterward. Not bad but not great.Special Features:
- A pleasant surprise! Tasty!jjmffdDined on 7/11/2014Food was impeccably prepared and fresh from the oven. Service was friendly and menu-knowledgeable. I had passed Limoncello for years without stopping in. So glad I discovered it! Will definitely go again;Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this PlaceluvthewineDined on 7/11/2014Food is great, owner is welcoming and you can tell he seriously wants you to enjoy your time in his restaurant. I think we got stuck with waitress not on her game. we ordered and got our drinks, and then didn't see here for almost 20 minutes. When dinner arrived, I had ordered a side dish that never came, despite her apologies and 'I'll go it now' promise - nothing. I didn't complain because I was done with my meal by the time she checked on us. I don't take marks off this review because of the service, it was ok. She wasn't phenomenal, she wasn't horrendous either. The food was spectacular, the atmosphere too. (Although someone turned up the music to concert levels, allowing about 5 minutes of loudness before it was lowered)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnderwhelmedJumboDined on 7/5/2014Saw a feature piece on a popular food show PG. Focus was on the owner, hand rolled meatballs and a shrimp dish that won a top three honor. So off we go to find that the restaurant was sold months prior, waitstaff were nice but service level was very low. Prices were high, meatballs were cold (apps and main dish, so yeah, now frozen), shrimp was tough. But the Sinatra music tracks were nice. I won't be back. Suggest you don't waste your money.
- Okay food, poor serviceSamMVIPDined on 6/29/2014Hearing that Limoncello was under new ownership, we decided to give it a second chance. We had more or less given up on the previous ownership, so we were optimistic. We were also disappointed. The waiter came over reasonably promptly and was pleasant, but that is about the best that can be said. We ordered two appetizers, which seemed to take quite a long time to arrive. About twenty minutes after placing our order, bread arrived on the table. Less than a minute later, our entrees arrived. We pointed out that we never received the appetizers, and the waiter made excuses. The entree was just okay, veal saltimbocca that used some ham other than prosciutto and lacked a trace of sage. It was also a salt lick. Not much to recommend.Special Features:
- Attentive and affableCallistoVIPDined on 6/29/2014Our waitress, Priscilla, made our experience for lunch on a quiet Sunday most pleasant. Excellent service - she was friendly, attentive, and thoughtful. Our entrees were tasty and well-prepared, albeit not extraordinary. The chef was able to readily adjust my pasta order due to an allergy. Thank you!
- unimpressiveOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/20/2014While the service was great, really the food was not impressive. My calimari app was good but my wife's rissotto app was very bland. The entres were likewise bland and didn't leave much of an kmpression on us.
- Has gone downhillLibbbyDined on 6/6/2014This used to be wonderful. My husbands meal came cold. Mine was hot in places and cool in others. I could mix mine together and was fine as it was a pasta dish. His was steak...we sent back and waitress told us she would request a new plate..not just microwaved. Need I say more... This was so disappointing..it was his birthday. They took the price off the bill...but the meal was ruined.
- UnassumingCosmoDined on 6/5/2014What a spot. The staff is wonderful, live singer is great, and the owner is always there to greet you. What else can I say. Oh, and the food is outstanding!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 22 reviews are from the Bistro Limoncello reviews archive.
- flavorful food!wilcar65Dined on 5/31/2014Although the service was very slow and there was a "minor mishap" with the meatballs, which I was very much looking forward to, the food was terricfic. I ended up having to substitute the homemade sausage for the meatballs and it was tasty. My partner had the chicken franceis and ate every last bit.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wait staffRazaDined on 5/31/2014Waitress and bus girl were very good. They always seemed ready to serve us and super friendly with smiles. We liked them very much. I ordered the Limoncello shrimp and pasta dish I had once before. It was not as good this time but still nice. I think the pasta was not coated in the light lemon sauce so I got many bites of plain pasta. It just didn't do it for me this time. The martini I had was amazing, but almost fell off my seat when they charged us $12 for it! It was one of the best I've had though, thank God I only ordered one. Good experience over all. We will be back.Special Features:
- Great experienceCueballDined on 5/30/2014Staff were very friendly and accommodating. Food was excellent. Great dessert choices. Management was very involved and checked in. Overall...great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good foodlindaDined on 5/30/2014We had good salad, chicken piccata! After a service blooper with chicken/veal masala, that was good too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not sure we will go back.JoanDined on 5/17/2014Food was okay, not great. Service was just so sub-par I'm not sure we would go back. Wrong dinner brought to the table, TWICE. Was not told the dinner specials (we heard another server tell their client). Front store tried to make it better but by then it was ruined. Also, very loud. The Clientele that are there seem to have been there before and were telling the host where they wanted to sit (4 or 5 times). It's not that big. Romaine's across the street is a much better bet for dinner, service, ambiance, and price.
- Friends birthdayAlice555Dined on 5/16/2014Music was very old - needed better sound track. Waitress needs to know more about the menu- she found out- but came across as though she just didn't know. Good food- cleaned my plate! Good service! Thank uouI would recommend this to a friend.
- Average food - not worth the priceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/16/2014The food was average, not worth the prices that they charge. One person in our party ordered the half broiled chicken with parmesan risotto. She was particulary looking forward to the risotto, but she received potatoes instead. They didn't even tell her about the substitution. The chicken was dry. The waitress was very defensive when we mentioned it. They took $7.00 off the bill and said they would take care of us the next time we come in. We won't be back. I was charged $11 for a white russian and it was listed on the bill as an Absolute martini. Waitress said they are the same price, so it didn't matter what the bill said. I didn't ask for Absolute in my drink. Usually the waitress asks if you want a special vodka.
- New OwnersOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/13/2014We heard there were new owners at Bistro Limoncello so we decided to give it a try. I am so glad we did! The food was amazing! My wife had a NY Strip and it was better than any area steakhouse. I had one of the chefs features, short ribs, they were out of this world, fork tender and seasoned perfectly. My in laws had the chicken parm and the seafood Marco. Everyone enjoyed their meal. Service was impeccable, shortly after we sat the manager come over and explained the different wines they had to offer to us. The bottle we picked was excellent. Our dirty dishes were cleared promptly after each course and our server was very friendly. We look forward to dining at Limoncello again in the near future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mothers dayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/11/2014my mother and in-law [both ederly] enjoyed themselves left with doggie bags food was hot delicous apps was fresh and tasty wait staff attentiveSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/9/2014Food was fair. Chairs were uncomfortable. Will not return anytime soon.
- Delightful EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/25/2014We had a great evening at Limoncello. The service was well paced, we never felt rushed. The wine steward was a great help and recommended a wonderful wine that was well within our price range. The food was plentiful and portions large enough for another meal. The antipasto and the desserts were excellent. The restaurant had a noise level that allowed conversation. We will be returning to Limoncello.Special Features:
- LimoncelloStarstruckDined on 4/25/2014The atmosphere was nice. The food was ok, not great. We got the eggplant rollatini. The top rollatini was delicious and warm, but the bottom piece was cold. The salads were good, but not worth $9. They should have been included with the meal or maybe $3-$4. I got the chicken piccata. It was very bland and the angel hair was a little mushy. My husband got the baked haddock. The fish and vegetables were good. He did not care for the potatoes. Our waitress was a little slow on checking back with us. The managers frequently stopped by our table and our water glasses were kept full. We felt it was not worth the money ($130 with wine). We saw the review on the Phantom Gourmet and were excited to try it but we will not be going back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 4/20/2014Food was just barely fair. Wouldn't recommend unless you're desperate.
- Well rounded menu; well stocked barJeanaSDined on 4/12/2014Well rounded Italian menu, with well executed standards (parmigiana, picatta, marsala) and with unique appetizer and entree specials. Well stocked bar and wine list hits all price points from good value, affordable to more exclusive wine offerings. We were there on a Saturday night and the restaurant was well staffed with knowledgeable and attentive servers. A very pleasant evening out for the 4 of us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- quantitykateVIPDined on 4/11/2014My husband and I went for dinner for the first time here. We did get in right away and the service was good. The food was mediocre as there was barely and sauce on my scampi to taste and flavor and most of the meal was pasta. Same with my husbands seafood just bland. For what we paid I could have gone to a Via or 111 Chop House and had a great meal with top shelf drinks apps and salads. It just wasnt worth what we paid.Special Features:
- OutstandingMarkDined on 3/20/2014We had been to this restaurant back in October and it was good. In late February/early March this restaurant was bought by a new owner who brought in a new chef and staff. I will say the changes were definitely for the better. The waitress we had was outstanding and attentive to anything we asked or needed. The food menu has some new items which all were outstanding. It was also a nice touch the new Chef came out to check on everyone and how the food was. Overall a very good experience and will be going back soon!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice choicegaryoDined on 3/15/2014Good food, good service. Friendly atmosphere. A nice place to be on a Saturday night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a wonderful time! TheOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/12/2014We had a wonderful time! The food was out of this world delicious and the service was on point. I highly recommend this place to all my family and friends and can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FOREVERdhiittDined on 1/25/2014Took forever to get our meals, about 2 hours after we ordered. And nobody seemed to care.
- Great food + southern Tuscany wineOABEVIPDined on 4/27/2013A group of 4 went on a Saturday night, a very busy one for the restaurant. The food is delicious and fairly large in portion size - good for sharing. A notable addition to the wine list: The restaurant was featuring southern Tuscany, and we ordered the Morelino di Scansano red. It was amazingly smooth yet earthy, and we loved the surprize of getting introduced to this wine over a delicious dinner.Special Features: