12724 Occoquan Rd.
Woodbridge, VA 22192Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.bistrolhermitage.com/
- Phone: 7034999550x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 11:30am - 2:30pm;
Lunch: Thursday & Friday 11:30am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Dawn Burkart
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: We accept parties between 20 to 120 people.
- Private Party Contact: Youssef Eagle Essakl 703-499-9550x
A word from Bistro L'Hermitage
As the Historic Occoquan Waterfront Area welcomes L'Hermitage, a Classic French Bistro, we welcome you. Long time DC restaurateur (21 Federal/Bob Kinkead,Ex Co-Owner of Marcels DC, Watergate Hotel F&B) Youssef Eagle Essakl has transformed a building and the surrounding property in historic downtown Occoquan into his vision of a Romantic French country bistro. L'Hermitage, a great escape from the hectic DC restaurant scene, promises 'relaxed good taste' with the polish and sophistication of fine dining. Join us for a very special experience.Continued
Our Motto is:
"Hospitality is the Art of Making Others Feel Welcome, Comfortable, and at Home.
It is the Talent for Spreading Warmth and Kindness that will be Remembered Always."
Our Motto is:
"Hospitality is the Art of Making Others Feel Welcome, Comfortable, and at Home.
It is the Talent for Spreading Warmth and Kindness that will be Remembered Always."
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Bistro L'Hermitage - Best Restaurants in Woodbridge ›
Bistro L'Hermitage reviews from OpenTable diners
177 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (150)romantic (130)neighborhood gem (112)fit for foodies (101)notable wine list (75)great for brunch (50)good for groups (37)great for lunch (27)late-night find (10)hot spot (9)vibrant bar scene (8)kid-friendly (6)scenic view (6)great for outdoor dining (4)Show More
- Quality OasisOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/26/2014Bistro L'Hermitage is simply fantastic!; a great place to enjoy dining with family, friends, and business acquaintances while enjoying a well defined and planned Menu of delights designed to appeal to those who seek fine cuisine with quality service and unending hospitality. Yet, there is flexibility with the diner in mind to accommodate desired changes or tastes, as required. Dining at the Bistro-an outstanding experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014Wonderful place to have a high quality dinner in a quiet and relaxed atmosphere. The staff is effecient and friendly, they kept an eye on our needs without being bothersome, while able to make us feel welcome and glad they could provide relaxing meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful restaruantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/24/2014A good friend introduced us to this restaurant, and we have enjoyed coming here ever since. The ambiance is wonderful. It is intimate. It has a wonderful Sunday brunch, which we especially like. The wait staff is outstanding. The food presentation is wonderful, and every bite is a delight to the palate. Every visit is a special treat, and we always look forward to the next one.Special Features:
- Northern VA French Delight!!TriciaVIPDined on 8/23/2014This is a VERY special restaurant for our family! We have been enjoying this delightful restaurant for a number of years now! If you can't travel to the French countryside then come here to dine! Staff is wonderful - amazing french country decor - and food to match. Don't miss it!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb menu and atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/23/2014Only downside is the drink menu was a little light.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first time visitdcvisitorsDined on 8/23/2014Great food, very courteous staff, beautiful decor, all in all a great place to take a loved one!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Restaurant in Woodbridge!!MarkDined on 8/20/2014Wonderful sitting, white starched tablecloths, with great wine lists (by the glass, bottles under $60 and regular) and delicious food choices. The service is superb and attentive, but not bothersome. A great dining experience all around - desert choices are great and very tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/20/2014Always excellent! Nothing can beat the attention to detail from the moment you walk in the door to the time you leave. You always feel a pampered guest.Special Features:
- An Oasis of CultureHungryCeltDined on 8/19/2014We always go there for special occasions and a few in between. They treat us as old friends. The food is wonderful and the atmosphere is perfect. An oasis of culture in our town. I took my wife there for her birthday recently. I mentioned to them that she is a private person. They quietly delivered us a drink, and later a dessert for her, all with so much class. Just perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A must,fjmetcalfDined on 8/16/2014Fine food, excellent service, charming rustic setting. We thought we were in The French countryside. Do not miss the eggplant/goat cheese tart -- and the crime brûlée. What makes this restaurant even more exceptional is that it has the courage to be located in Woodbridge, Virginia, a suburb not known for its culinary excellence. I wish more restauranteurs would follow this example.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Incredible Experienceluv2eatoutDined on 8/16/2014Another incredible meal at this restaurant. My wife had the pork tenderloins and I had the swordfish and scallops special. We both agree that these were probably the best meals we ever had at Bistro L'Hermitage. It's hard to remember because every meal we have had there is outstanding. We can't recall how many times we have been to Bistro since we discovered it, so many, that we do not remember. If you have never experienced this restaurant you are missing and incredible experience. Highly recommend, will be back soon.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerRockhounderDined on 8/16/2014We have been to Bistro L'Hermitage before and it never disappoints! You are greeted immediately and you feel as though your not in Virginia but some where in France. Service is impeccable and the food is wonderful from the bread, crispy oysters and the swordfish special to the amazing desserts. Wines are affordable and pairing recommendations were made based on dishes and preferences.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best food in Northern VirginiaDodgeDinerDined on 8/15/2014Perfect venue for that special night. Everything from start to finish is a strong 5 Star. If you haven't tried this, its a must. The duck is amazing, you won't find better food or service in Northern Virginia.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Meal as a CoupleTomDDined on 8/10/2014This was the absolute best meal as a couple that we have ever had. We have been dining out together for 15 years; I prefer "weird things" and she prefers classics. We were able to get both at the Bistro. She had an exquisitely prepared scallop entre and I had an amazing smoked salmon tartar with a seaweed salad. The service and ambiance are both magnificent. The staff are friendly and anticipate all of your needs. The staff were a real treat who made us feel like we were long time guests at their home.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014We lived in the Woodbridge area for years and this was our first time visiting Bistro L'Hermitage. It's like the best kept secret in Occoquan.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticBLHOccDined on 8/7/2014Love the old time charm of this restaurant, the food, wait staff, and ambience was outstanding! I definitely recommend this establishment. Great place for special occasions.Special Features:
- Excellent Food!johnDined on 8/6/2014This is by far our favorite dining location in the Woodbridge area. We have been here about 6 times, and each time the food was excellent. The fried Oysters are required on every visit. Last night we went with another couple and both had the 7 course tasting menu (Without wine pairings) and every course was amazing. Considering the quantity of food, I think we would prefer a 6 course option without the cheese plate though. At that point we weren't really interested in snacking and were ready for dessert. The service is usually excellent, and there was some lengthy delays early on between courses, but otherwise the servers were attentive and very courteous. Keep note that on busy nights, seating can be crampt.Special Features:
- My favorite place!KateVIPDined on 8/5/2014Bistro L'Hermitage never fails to impress me and the friends and family I bring along. It is by far my favorite restaurant and I love the fact that it's so close to home!Special Features:
- Service was stressed and tardy...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/3/2014Folks were seated after us, but received water and bread before us. Our escargots were a disappointment, laced with canadian beacon and/or pork fat, with only trace amounts of garlic butter. The small casserole was too salty and served before we received any bread. We had to ask for smaller forks, all we were provided were two large European dinner forks. The fillets were excellent although perhaps of some interest: my fillet looked medium rare (larger) while my wife's was smaller--appearing to be medium well--but was in truth rarer. We traded but really no complaint on the meat. Dessert was equally good, while the expresso and coffee were fine.. In all fairness, we understand their was a no-show. Our waitress was very pleasant..I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinnerLunch123VIPDined on 8/2/2014This was my fourth time here. Service and food were great as usual. I had the filet and my friend had the salmon. Both were done perfectly and we were able to substitute the sides. The fruit crepe we shared for dessert was wonderful!Special Features:
- Great birthday dinnerSheilaDined on 8/2/2014What a great find near historic Occoquan! The cocktails were amazing, I highly recommend the Pear Martini. The foie gras was great, the lobster was perfect, and the mixed berry crepe was wonderful. The service was attentive and the ambience was exactly what I was looking for - classic French Country.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!Eagle1Dined on 8/1/2014If possible the food is getting even better. And you can't best the way you are treated like long time friends that they have been waiting all day to see. Why drive into DC when a place this great is so close and easy to get too? We've eaten in almost every WP Top 100 restsurants in the last 20 years here and this is the place we keep coming back to again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly Service--Delicious FoodDiscriminatingPalateDined on 7/31/2014We were greeted at the door, and seated immediately despite being early for our Thursday reservation. Service was great but the waitress made sure not to rush us. French Onion soup, filet mignon, and a chicken dish with sides were delicious. Portions were ample. One glass of the rich Burgundy was sufficient. My husband enjoyed French beer and ordered a second. French music was audible but pleasant as background to our meal. It was not a busy night; businessmen at the bar were a little loud, but not disruptive. The waitress provided complimentary creme brulee to help us celebrate our anniversary. We were very pleased with the food, the friendly service and the ambience and will recommend it to friends.Special Features:
- Excellent as alwaysGrahamDined on 7/31/2014Bistro L'Hermitage is one of our favorite restaurants. The food is wonderful and we have never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- happyVIPDined on 7/30/2014This restaurant is excellent for any special celebration. I can always find a good reason for dining here. The food is delicious and the staff treats you speSpecial Features:
- Great food, sad serviceGroupOf6Dined on 7/26/2014I've eaten at Bistro L'Hermitage a lot, usually in group 4 or less. I'm always impressed with the food, presentation, the atmosphere, promptness of waiters, & the maitre d. Never had a bad experience, until this Saturday. My group of 6 foodies try different places in the Wash DC area monthly. I convinced them to try Bistro based on my experience & the OpenTable ratings. I was embarrassed. The food was slow; half our group struggled with their meat until the maitre d remembered the knives; had to ask for water a couple of times; had to wait a long time for our check; then had to ask for it; then waited long for our receipts. Though the food was wonderful; the poor service put a pall over the night. I found myself apologizing, making excusesSpecial Features:
- Visited for 50th AnniversaryamateurfoodiesDined on 7/25/2014We chose this restaurant based on reviews from friends and from online reviews. My parents 50th only happens once, and we were not disappointed with our choice. The food was outstanding, from appetizers through dessert. We sampled each others food throughout, and found everything was excellent. The service was fast and attentive, and nothing was left undone. The prices were on par with similar restaurants in DC, though a little bit high for the Woodbridge area. Our bill for seven (teens/adults) was 500 dollars with 20% tip (for reference we had three glasses of wine total, and not all of us had three courses). I would not hesitate to recommend Bistro L'Hermitage, and will visit again.Special Features:
- fantastic. gotta go!KevonDined on 7/23/2014Had a wonderful evening. The food was superb. We will be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too expensiveGourmetseeker1Dined on 7/22/2014The food did not warrant the prices, simply too expensive for the quality. The 'sounds' bounced off the hard surfaces and made it uncomfortably noisy. I think the 'look'/decor was very nice, and people should respect that , dress and act accordingly, I did not feel that was the case. This in turn contributed to making my experience less pleasant.
- Neighborhood gemFancyFeasting3Dined on 7/20/2014Unique neighborhood gem...always a lovely experience. Whether for a romantic dinner or Sunday brunch, the food and service are consistently top drawer!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great Dining ExperienceCrosspointerDined on 7/19/2014Was very surprised at the elegant menu and first class service - not expected from a Woodbridge restaurant. Will go back often and will tell others of our great dining experience at Bistro L'Hermitage.Special Features:
- Elegant but loudGandDDined on 7/18/2014Went on a Friday night and the service and food impeccable. The noise level was very loud for such a pricey, romantic restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb dining experinceBLHOccDined on 7/17/2014the food was outstanding, the staff was great and the atmosphere charming. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone who enjoys great food served in great surroundings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Why fight the traffic?JojaDined on 7/15/2014Great date night! My wife and I had a free night during the week and wanted to have a nice dinner but dreaded the thought of fighting traffic. We saw bistro as a highly rated restaurant that was off the beaten path and decided to try it. Great decision. The service, food, and especially the bar was fantastic. Parking was a breeze it is on site. Great, great selection of bourbons. We had a great meal, enjoyed our waiter and his suggestions. A definite redoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerTime2DineDined on 7/15/2014Family dinner (all kids are now over 21) to celebrate my husband's birthday. We had a group of 6. The service was wonderful - very friendly and professional. Everyone at the table ordered something different and each dish looked very appetizing. Everyone was very happy with their meal choice - there was no complaining. We each ordered a different dessert and shared - I must say that I loved the creme brulee best, but if you love chocolate, the mousse was decantly delightful! If dinner has filled you up, there is always room for some sorbets, which was refreshing and smooth. The staff made us feel very special and the evening was very enjoyable. I have a fantastic dining experience every time I visit Bistro L'hermitage.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OmnivoreVIPDined on 7/12/2014Both I and my companion ate every bite of our entrée and salad--proof that the food was very tasty and nicely prepared. The service was very good, too. Only the ambience of the place makes the price tag of dining there seem high. The ceilings are low, the tables are very close together, the nick-nacks are everywhere. We fell into a conversation with the people at the next table because we were so close together that ignoring their presence began to seem rude. Had we paid less for the experience of dining there, we would likely go back. But not at the current prices.
- Hidden Gem in WoodbridgeLooking4goodfoodDined on 7/11/2014I took my husband here to celebrate his birthday. We were pleasantly surprised that such a nice restaurant was hidden amongst the residential homes in Woodbridge. When I made the reservation, I requested no dairy and gluten free. Immediately, upon seating us, the waiter said that he knew about the special request and made suggestions of the menu options based upon my request. We were very impressed with that. The food was delicious as I had skate fish, which I never had before. My husband had NY Steak, which was also very tender and cooked just the way he liked it. The one negative thing about the whole evening was the cold temperature of the room. It was a hot night, but the room was very cold. Try the chocolate martini. It was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience everytime!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/11/2014My wife and I have been there for both special occasions and just for dinner. The staff is always very accommodating and the food is fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVE Bistro L'Hermitage!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/10/2014With the extremely limited other-than-chain dining options in Woodbridge, Bistro L'Hermitage is a complete gem!! I had gone to brunch here once before over a year ago with my girlfriends and thoroughly enjoyed it, and just made it back for dinner this past Friday. My friend got there first (I was running late for our reservation), and she loved the bartender - she gave her her own individual snack bowl while she waited, and was very sweet. She also accommodated my tasting of a couple of wines before we were shown to our table (the wine was wonderful, btw). The service was warm and impeccable, and the food was excellent! I had a particularly stressful week, and I left the restaurant feeling so relaxed and peaceful. Highly recommended!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DESSERT IS BESTjrceDined on 7/6/2014The service was great, attentive and friendly. Although our entrees were nothing to write home about, the appetizers were quite good and the desserts were excellent, especially the rhubarb and cherry sabayon gratin.Special Features: