12724 Occoquan Rd.
Woodbridge, VA 22192Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.bistrolhermitage.com/
- Phone: 7034999550x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 11:30am - 2:30pm;
Lunch: Thursday & Friday 11:30am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Dawn Burkart
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: We accept parties between 20 to 120 people.
- Private Party Contact: Youssef Eagle Essakl 703-499-9550x
A word from Bistro L'Hermitage
As the Historic Occoquan Waterfront Area welcomes L'Hermitage, a Classic French Bistro, we welcome you. Long time DC restaurateur (21 Federal/Bob Kinkead,Ex Co-Owner of Marcels DC, Watergate Hotel F&B) Youssef Eagle Essakl has transformed a building and the surrounding property in historic downtown Occoquan into his vision of a Romantic French country bistro. L'Hermitage, a great escape from the hectic DC restaurant scene, promises 'relaxed good taste' with the polish and sophistication of fine dining. Join us for a very special experience.Continued
Our Motto is:
"Hospitality is the Art of Making Others Feel Welcome, Comfortable, and at Home.
It is the Talent for Spreading Warmth and Kindness that will be Remembered Always."
Our Motto is:
"Hospitality is the Art of Making Others Feel Welcome, Comfortable, and at Home.
It is the Talent for Spreading Warmth and Kindness that will be Remembered Always."
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Bistro L'Hermitage - Best Restaurants in Woodbridge ›
Bistro L'Hermitage reviews from OpenTable diners
175 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (147)romantic (127)neighborhood gem (114)fit for foodies (104)notable wine list (77)great for brunch (45)good for groups (31)great for lunch (22)vibrant bar scene (9)scenic view (6)hot spot (5)great for outdoor dining (4)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/20/2014Great restaurant….now we don't need to go to Old Town or Georgetown because amazing food and atmosphere is here in NOVA. My wife and I went to celebrate our anniversary. We'll be back w/ a group of friends soon.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/20/2014The only thing we didn't like was the tables were too close together. You could hear the conversations of the couples on either side which detracts from the intimacy and charm of the place.I would recommend this to a friend.
- One Word...itsjustthatgoodDined on 9/17/2014AMAZING! This is a lovely place to celebrate a romantic anniversary or birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good experienceruthDined on 9/16/2014My husband and I were celebrating our 25th Wedding Anniversary Tuesday evening 16 September 2014. The food and service were outstanding. Our table was over in the corner next to bar, and the only complaint was hard to seat down due to chairs were next to bar area with a rather large object (fan) next to our table. Other than that, this restaurant is a definate go to for special occassions. I had a filet that was so tender and tasty and husband had a New York Strip that was very good as well.Special Features:
- Exceptional RestaurantDaceDined on 9/14/2014Everthing about dining there was wonderful. And its consistently so. Its well above most people's dining experience. A hidden gem.Special Features:
- What a lovely evening!DavidDined on 9/14/2014I dined at Bistro L'Hermitage with my girlfriend for a special occasion, and was rewarded with a wonderful experience by the staff and chef. The staff was gracious, knowledgeable and engaging, with just-right check ins and timely refills of wine. You'll have to excuse the lack of French, but the food was the best French cuisine I've tried. My lovely lady dined on duck and Israeli cous cous, while I tried a special chicken napoleon. For apertif, we tried the escargots and merguez, which were amazing. The escargots are a MUST! We finished with a creme brulee and a fondant au chocolat (lava cake), along with another glass of wine. I'm a man of modest means, so dining at Bistro L'Hermitage is a special occasion, but one I will do again!Special Features:
- Every time it is greatRegularVIPDined on 9/12/2014I have never been disappointed with either food or service. It is always outstandingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeAmb1VIPDined on 9/12/2014Dined for lunch with friends who were never at the restaurant. They loved it and said that they would return soon. We all order the the crab soup. Excellent choice. Great way to start the meal. 3of us had the trout. The trout was fresh and not one bone was found. The shrimp was of equal quality. The service was professional. We love the bistro atmosphere . A awesome experience.Special Features:
- DavidDined on 9/3/2014Always a delightful experience. If you're celebrating a birthday or anniversary they give you a complementary dessert. How thoughtful!Special Features:
- Our Favorite PlacegoldenlynnVIPDined on 9/2/2014We ate there for my husbands birthday . We were warmly greeted , with Happy Birthdays from the staff , served complimentary glasses of champagne . The dinner was delicious ! We could not have asked for a better evening.Special Features:
- Excellent...FoodLoversDined on 9/2/2014This was our fifth visit to the restaurant--always for a special occasion. As usual, the atmosphere was exquisite and the food presentation awesome! Of course, the food tasted good, too. Hats off to the chef and staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KateVIPDined on 9/2/2014As always, a great pleasure to introduce friends to Bistro L'Hermitage, to enjoy a delicious dinner in a delightful atmosphere with impeccable service. Thank you once again!Special Features:
- lizzyblizzybDined on 8/31/2014Just what you want your French Restaurant to be. Easy on the ears, eyes and appetite. We went for Sunday Brunch. Loved everything. Nice touch with a champagne cocktail to start things off. Service is impecable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Billa4435VIPDined on 8/30/2014As always the Bistro was a perfect dinner. Service was great and the staff went out of their way to make sure we had a great night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CoopDined on 8/29/2014Our Anniversary celebration was made Special by the Restaurant. We will be returning in the near future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality Oasis5StarWinnerDined on 8/26/2014Bistro L'Hermitage is simply fantastic!; a great place to enjoy dining with family, friends, and business acquaintances while enjoying a well defined and planned Menu of delights designed to appeal to those who seek fine cuisine with quality service and unending hospitality. Yet, there is flexibility with the diner in mind to accommodate desired changes or tastes, as required. Dining at the Bistro-an outstanding experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing dinnermv2231Dined on 8/24/2014My husband and I decided to celebrate our anniversary in this restaurant. We drove by about a month ago and saw this little cozy restaurant in the middle of nowhere and totally by accident but I googled it and found out the amazing reviews on food and service. Reviews were spot on. Food was delicious and we enjoyed every single bite of our multiple courses. The service was outstanding. My husband and I work in the restaurant industry for many years so sometimes we could be little judgmental but hands down, best service! I would definitely recommend this restaurant to my friends and we will be back shortly.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerSmittyic2Dined on 8/24/2014Wonderful place to have a high quality dinner in a quiet and relaxed atmosphere. The staff is effecient and friendly, they kept an eye on our needs without being bothersome, while able to make us feel welcome and glad they could provide relaxing meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful restaruantfoodluverDined on 8/24/2014A good friend introduced us to this restaurant, and we have enjoyed coming here ever since. The ambiance is wonderful. It is intimate. It has a wonderful Sunday brunch, which we especially like. The wait staff is outstanding. The food presentation is wonderful, and every bite is a delight to the palate. Every visit is a special treat, and we always look forward to the next one.Special Features:
- Perfect every timeMichaelVIPDined on 8/23/2014My wife and I eat here almost every month and the food and service is outstanding every time. I get the duck 9 times out of 10 -- the Israeli couscous is fantastic. The foie gras and salmon tartar are two of our favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Northern VA French Delight!!TriciaVIPDined on 8/23/2014This is a VERY special restaurant for our family! We have been enjoying this delightful restaurant for a number of years now! If you can't travel to the French countryside then come here to dine! Staff is wonderful - amazing french country decor - and food to match. Don't miss it!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb menu and atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/23/2014Only downside is the drink menu was a little light.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first time visitdcvisitorsDined on 8/23/2014Great food, very courteous staff, beautiful decor, all in all a great place to take a loved one!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Restaurant in Woodbridge!!MarkDined on 8/20/2014Wonderful sitting, white starched tablecloths, with great wine lists (by the glass, bottles under $60 and regular) and delicious food choices. The service is superb and attentive, but not bothersome. A great dining experience all around - desert choices are great and very tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/20/2014Always excellent! Nothing can beat the attention to detail from the moment you walk in the door to the time you leave. You always feel a pampered guest.Special Features:
- An Oasis of CultureHungryCeltDined on 8/19/2014We always go there for special occasions and a few in between. They treat us as old friends. The food is wonderful and the atmosphere is perfect. An oasis of culture in our town. I took my wife there for her birthday recently. I mentioned to them that she is a private person. They quietly delivered us a drink, and later a dessert for her, all with so much class. Just perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A must,fjmetcalfDined on 8/16/2014Fine food, excellent service, charming rustic setting. We thought we were in The French countryside. Do not miss the eggplant/goat cheese tart -- and the crime brûlée. What makes this restaurant even more exceptional is that it has the courage to be located in Woodbridge, Virginia, a suburb not known for its culinary excellence. I wish more restauranteurs would follow this example.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Incredible Experienceluv2eatoutDined on 8/16/2014Another incredible meal at this restaurant. My wife had the pork tenderloins and I had the swordfish and scallops special. We both agree that these were probably the best meals we ever had at Bistro L'Hermitage. It's hard to remember because every meal we have had there is outstanding. We can't recall how many times we have been to Bistro since we discovered it, so many, that we do not remember. If you have never experienced this restaurant you are missing and incredible experience. Highly recommend, will be back soon.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerRockhounderDined on 8/16/2014We have been to Bistro L'Hermitage before and it never disappoints! You are greeted immediately and you feel as though your not in Virginia but some where in France. Service is impeccable and the food is wonderful from the bread, crispy oysters and the swordfish special to the amazing desserts. Wines are affordable and pairing recommendations were made based on dishes and preferences.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best food in Northern VirginiaDodgeDinerDined on 8/15/2014Perfect venue for that special night. Everything from start to finish is a strong 5 Star. If you haven't tried this, its a must. The duck is amazing, you won't find better food or service in Northern Virginia.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Meal as a CoupleTomDDined on 8/10/2014This was the absolute best meal as a couple that we have ever had. We have been dining out together for 15 years; I prefer "weird things" and she prefers classics. We were able to get both at the Bistro. She had an exquisitely prepared scallop entre and I had an amazing smoked salmon tartar with a seaweed salad. The service and ambiance are both magnificent. The staff are friendly and anticipate all of your needs. The staff were a real treat who made us feel like we were long time guests at their home.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014We lived in the Woodbridge area for years and this was our first time visiting Bistro L'Hermitage. It's like the best kept secret in Occoquan.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticBLHOccDined on 8/7/2014Love the old time charm of this restaurant, the food, wait staff, and ambience was outstanding! I definitely recommend this establishment. Great place for special occasions.Special Features:
- Excellent Food!johnDined on 8/6/2014This is by far our favorite dining location in the Woodbridge area. We have been here about 6 times, and each time the food was excellent. The fried Oysters are required on every visit. Last night we went with another couple and both had the 7 course tasting menu (Without wine pairings) and every course was amazing. Considering the quantity of food, I think we would prefer a 6 course option without the cheese plate though. At that point we weren't really interested in snacking and were ready for dessert. The service is usually excellent, and there was some lengthy delays early on between courses, but otherwise the servers were attentive and very courteous. Keep note that on busy nights, seating can be crampt.Special Features:
- My favorite place!KateVIPDined on 8/5/2014Bistro L'Hermitage never fails to impress me and the friends and family I bring along. It is by far my favorite restaurant and I love the fact that it's so close to home!Special Features:
- Service was stressed and tardy...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/3/2014Folks were seated after us, but received water and bread before us. Our escargots were a disappointment, laced with canadian beacon and/or pork fat, with only trace amounts of garlic butter. The small casserole was too salty and served before we received any bread. We had to ask for smaller forks, all we were provided were two large European dinner forks. The fillets were excellent although perhaps of some interest: my fillet looked medium rare (larger) while my wife's was smaller--appearing to be medium well--but was in truth rarer. We traded but really no complaint on the meat. Dessert was equally good, while the expresso and coffee were fine.. In all fairness, we understand their was a no-show. Our waitress was very pleasant..I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinnerLunch123VIPDined on 8/2/2014This was my fourth time here. Service and food were great as usual. I had the filet and my friend had the salmon. Both were done perfectly and we were able to substitute the sides. The fruit crepe we shared for dessert was wonderful!Special Features:
- Great birthday dinnerSheilaDined on 8/2/2014What a great find near historic Occoquan! The cocktails were amazing, I highly recommend the Pear Martini. The foie gras was great, the lobster was perfect, and the mixed berry crepe was wonderful. The service was attentive and the ambience was exactly what I was looking for - classic French Country.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!Eagle1Dined on 8/1/2014If possible the food is getting even better. And you can't best the way you are treated like long time friends that they have been waiting all day to see. Why drive into DC when a place this great is so close and easy to get too? We've eaten in almost every WP Top 100 restsurants in the last 20 years here and this is the place we keep coming back to again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly Service--Delicious FoodDiscriminatingPalateDined on 7/31/2014We were greeted at the door, and seated immediately despite being early for our Thursday reservation. Service was great but the waitress made sure not to rush us. French Onion soup, filet mignon, and a chicken dish with sides were delicious. Portions were ample. One glass of the rich Burgundy was sufficient. My husband enjoyed French beer and ordered a second. French music was audible but pleasant as background to our meal. It was not a busy night; businessmen at the bar were a little loud, but not disruptive. The waitress provided complimentary creme brulee to help us celebrate our anniversary. We were very pleased with the food, the friendly service and the ambience and will recommend it to friends.Special Features: