12724 Occoquan Rd.
Woodbridge, VA 22192Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.bistrolhermitage.com/
- Phone: (703) 499-9550
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 11:30am - 2:30pm;
Lunch: Thursday & Friday 11:30am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Dawn Burkart
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: We accept parties between 20 to 120 people.
- Private Party Contact: Youssef Eagle Essakl 703-499-9550x
A word from Bistro L'Hermitage
As the Historic Occoquan Waterfront Area welcomes L'Hermitage, a Classic French Bistro, we welcome you. Long time DC restaurateur (21 Federal/Bob Kinkead,Ex Co-Owner of Marcels DC, Watergate Hotel F&B) Youssef Eagle Essakl has transformed a building and the surrounding property in historic downtown Occoquan into his vision of a Romantic French country bistro. L'Hermitage, a great escape from the hectic DC restaurant scene, promises 'relaxed good taste' with the polish and sophistication of fine dining. Join us for a very special experience.Continued
Our Motto is:
"Hospitality is the Art of Making Others Feel Welcome, Comfortable, and at Home.
It is the Talent for Spreading Warmth and Kindness that will be Remembered Always."
Our Motto is:
"Hospitality is the Art of Making Others Feel Welcome, Comfortable, and at Home.
It is the Talent for Spreading Warmth and Kindness that will be Remembered Always."
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Bistro L'Hermitage - Best Restaurants in Woodbridge ›
Bistro L'Hermitage reviews from OpenTable diners
179 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (153)romantic (128)neighborhood gem (122)fit for foodies (113)notable wine list (74)great for brunch (42)good for groups (35)great for lunch (21)hot spot (9)late-night find (6)vibrant bar scene (5)scenic view (5)great for outdoor dining (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Romantic birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/18/2014I took my girlfriend there for her birthday and it was the first time we had both been there. The dinner was amazing and the service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Truly Exceptional!FoodManChuDined on 11/18/2014This was our 3rd time dining at L'Hermitage and every single time it has been outstanding. The service is excellent, very attentive without being overbearing or intrusive, and very friendly and welcoming. Our meals were simply exquisite. I had one of the chef's specials ... filet mignon and shrimp. Very, very good. My wife had the roast duck, which was extraordinary. This restaurant is a true neighborhood gem, and we'll be back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best reataurant in Woodbridge, VAOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/18/2014Bistro L'Hermitage is a hidden gem. We've eaten there several times and each meal (and dining experience) has been excellent. The food is great and the service is outstanding. On each of our visits the owner has stopped by our table to inquire about our food and experience. We'll keep going back as long as they're in business!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!Katti703Dined on 11/15/2014I love this restaurant for special occasions! I've never been disappointed, and this time was no exception. I made a special request which was graciously accepted, and was done to perfection. They carry a wonderful Riesling which I absolutely adore and is a must indulge item on my list each and every time I visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fancy DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014My friends and I enjoyed the whole experience, I picked the place to celebrate my friend's engagement and they were all very impressed from the moment they walked in. The service could have been better, waiter did not check to see if we needed anything else to drink and that includes water, when he did return, he was ready to take our plates of the table and give us our check, we did feel as if he was rushing us out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best restaurant in VA!MitchVIPDined on 11/14/2014This restaurant never disappoints. Best food and service in VA!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a favoriteKateVIPDined on 11/8/2014Bistro L'Hermitage is welcoming, with outstanding service and food. I love bringing friends to enjoy it all, and to try the delectable menu offerings. Thanks!Special Features:
- Great findLunch123VIPDined on 11/7/20144th time here and food and service was great yet again. Not inexpensive but a great place to celebrate a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious French Dining!TriciaVIPDined on 11/6/2014My husband and I enjoyed our joint birthday dinner celebration at this charming and delightful restaurant. It always reminds me of a bistro in the Normandy area of France. The choices on the menu are extensive and there is always something for everyone to enjoy! Be sure and try this lovely restaurant during the holidays!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Neighborhood GemFoodieVADined on 11/4/2014This is a great restaurant for any occasion. They have a great selection of wines. We celebrated our Wedding Anniversary with our young son. My family enjoyed every bite starting with the bread and butter. The potato leek soup with crabmeat was decadent. We ordered Ceasar's salad with white anchioves. Our main entrees were Lamb Shank, Chilean Sea Bass with Scallops, Strip Steak. The sides served with each entree were very good. The Creme Brulee is creamy, Chocolate Mousse, and Cappuccinos were also good. Our server was great and very attentive to details. The staff was friendly and accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our go-to special placel3wwlDined on 11/2/2014Everything was just perfect. Appetizer dishes of grilled shrmp and grilled calamari were tasty and tender; lamb shank and scallops were scrumptious. wines were great. dessert trio were delectable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find in OccoquanKingPennDined on 11/2/2014Been twice for brunch, amazing!! Hangar steak and eggs the first time and garlic shrimp the second. So good! Everything was cooked perfectly and the staff was friendly and helpful. I will be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- happyVIPDined on 11/2/2014This is the best restaurant in NoVa for brunch. Try the eggs benedict with crab meat as the base. Delicious!Special Features:
- Great birthday spot!food4beckDined on 11/1/2014Went here for my sister's birthday and it was great! 7 people and not one complaint, all dishes were great. They were patient with our late arriving guest and didn't make us wait to be seated. Excellent recommendations, but nothing pushed. Great service. You should try it.Special Features:
- So glad I found L'HermitagepdubVIPDined on 11/1/2014What a wonderful experience I had. My husband and two friend helped me celebrate my birthday. I didn't know what to expect by the look of the outside of the restaurant however, upon entering I felt as if I was being welcomed into a friends home. Warm atmosphere, not stuffy. The staff made us feel as if we were their only guests. Catering to our every food and drink requests. The food was a lovely surprise of flavors. Items you I had before were prepared differently here so my taste buds were delighted. Even the birthday dessert was amazing and the creme brule' is to die for. I will definitely go back and I will tell my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/1/2014First time visit, will definitely return. Enjoyed the meal and the environment Defiinitely recommndSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/31/2014A very enjoyable experience. The service was excellent with attention to detail.Special Features:
- Lunch with Friendstwilighter1Dined on 10/31/2014My wife and I lunched with friends from Maryland who enjoy good food and had not eaten here before. We all had something different and everything was excellent. Service was attentive but not pushy. Both the décor and the menu have French roots without being overwhelmingly foreign. The lunch menu offers a good range of choices. Too bad that lunch is only available on Thursdays and Fridays.Special Features:
- Amazing experiencelovetoeatoutDined on 10/30/2014I brought my wife here for her birthday on 30 Oct, and it was one of the most amazing dining experiences we've ever had. The food, service, atmosphere, and mood were top notch. We met another patron who was a regular there, and he told us the cinderella story of the owner, and the tribulations he went through to achieve his dream. His restaurant is truly remarkable, and we are so glad he didn't give up on it when times got tough during construction. We WILL see him again!Special Features:
- Hidden GemHappyDined on 10/28/2014Really enjoyed the whole experience. Interior is nicely done. The food is OUTSTANDING. Prices are very reasonable and the staff is excellent. Feels like a very sophisticated, high end restaurant but with a family touch.Special Features:
- A Gem in the CountrysidebenedettofineartsDined on 10/26/2014Bistro L' Hermitage is a totally delightful dining experience. Set on a small, 2 lane road in the woods near Occoquan, VA, this long, low building belies the ambiance inside. The motif is French Country, with rustic brick and wood walls, dark beams and soft lighting, it is the perfect special occasion rendezvous restaurant. A mention of a birthday in the comment section on OpenTable, brought a delicious, gratis creme brûlée for the celebrant! The salmon was perfect as was the streak with sweet potato au gratin. The cabernet and pinot grigio were lovely compliments to the meals. There is ample parking.The highest recommendation all around!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FrenchCapGrillVIPDined on 10/25/2014Simply outstanding, there is no other way to say it. If you like French cusine this is one of the very few places in this area.Special Features:
- First rate dining experience!AlexfanVIPDined on 10/25/2014We had an incredible meal and dining experience. The staff is very attentive in a very polite, understated manner. The quality of the food is comparable to any 5-star restaurant in NY or DC. The proximity to downtown Occaquan is ideal for a post meal stroll.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedFoodoVIPDined on 10/24/2014lobster bisque - unremarkable. they have a "brown" bisque (I prefer orange), didn't have any lobster meat in the bisque ( fried oysters - oysters were fine, guacamole tasted and looked prepackaged and wasn't good lamb shank - tough, lacked any noticeable seasoning, madeira sauce was fine. Ate about 10% of it and lost interest. creme brulee - very good Service was fair. Our server talked us out of the 5 course tasting menu, saying it would take 3 hours and they had a wedding in the morning. What?? I ordered tea and they brought over a wooden box with gold or silver accents and presented it to me, opened it to reveal assorted tea bags, including Costco brand. Seriously? Then I waited for hot water. Several other small misses like these.
- Romantic spotLuvtrendyspotsDined on 10/24/2014loved this place! The attention to detail in the service down to the detail of the restaurant was impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gary and Laura loved itOHthefoigrasDined on 10/24/2014We tried the 5-course tasting menu with wine pairing and were very very pleased with the food and wine combinations. Notably, Brian paired the foi gras with a beautiful sauterne; perfect. Timing and service were wonderful, attentive and personable without being overwhelming. We'll definitely be back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/18/2014The food is always outstanding at this restaurant. The owner and the staff go out of their way to make sure that your experience exceptional. Can't wait for our next visit to Bistro L'Hermitage whether it is for brunch, lunch or dinner.Special Features:
- KateVIPDined on 10/18/2014Once again proving why this is one of my very favorite restaurants, Bistro L'Hermitage generously offered us a complimentary drink as we waited for our table to be set up on a very busy evening. They also offered a complimentary dessert when our entrees "were a bit slow to arrive," which we had barely noticed. Couple those excellent business practices with the fine food, atmosphere, and service and it is a hit yet again!Special Features:
- SOSMindyDined on 10/18/2014Beyond ordinary- food was terrific! Wonderfully prepared and presented. Service was fantastic. We had a table in the back and it was nice to be able to enjoy time with friends in a beautiful setting. I had the lamb shank which was probably the best I've ever had. The wine list is their only drawback- the list is not very extensive and most of the wines were expensive for what they were. That was the only disappointment, and I can certainly drink my wine at home... I would certainly go back again.Special Features:
- brunchLnluvsfoodDined on 10/18/2014We have dined at Bistro Hermitage on several occasions. This was the first time for brunch. It was very good but the chicken on the chicken reuben was a bit overdone. The french onion soup and the eggs benedict with spinach and salmon was delicious. I personally enjoy their regular lunch menu better and wish they offered that on Saturdays. Overall, we will definitely return especially for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic, excellent food!Mamabear3Dined on 10/17/2014This restaurant is a quaint, hidden treasure with amazing food! The servers are super friendly and pleasant. It's a fabulous place to bring that special someone, for a low key romantic dinner. Not for the faint of money. It's quite expensive, but worth every dime. You won't be disappointed with choosing L'Hermitage for a tasty and enjoyable meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Occasionsjw43Dined on 10/17/2014Always a winner. It has become our go-to restaurant for special occasions.Special Features:
- French food in Woodbridge,who knew?DatenightDined on 10/17/2014My wife and I went to Bistro L Hermitage last Friday night, for our monthly date night without kids. I had the grilled calamari and the foie gras, both were wonderful. My wife had duck confit and the beef tenderloin and shrimp, both off the chart great, and the creme brulee one of the best we have ever had. We will be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unexpectedly greattreemanVIPDined on 10/14/2014We went to this restaurant for our anniversary (we didn't tell them), and we were blown away. We found it on Open Table, and way out there in Woodbridge, we had the best meal we have had in at least a year, and we dine at nice places often. I had the red snapper and it was perfectly cooked, as were the accompaniments, and they had one of the best sauces I have ever had. The crispy oysters appetizer was also out of this world, as was the fruit-filled crepe for desert. They have a very nice by the glass wine selection, but we were too far away from home to get a bottle and drive home safely. Service was outstanding, and everyone was very friendly. I recommend that everyone near and far come here to fine dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Experience!WestieDined on 10/12/2014We went to celebrate our anniversary. The experience was wonderful, the staff friendly, knowledgeable and treated us like family. The food was excellent and the entire evening was most enjoyable. Highly recommend this restaurant for anyone looking for a fine dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!Smudge26Dined on 10/8/2014We've been here a bunch but on Wednesday the food was even better. So good and our three guests were loving it. Thanks!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place, a not-to-miss gem!foodieatheartDined on 10/8/2014I have eaten here several times with family and friends, this time to celebrate a belated birthday! The food, wine, staff, etc are exceptional - if you haven't been yet, don't pass up. If you have, dine there again to enjoy their new fall menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best EverLovetoeatDined on 10/4/2014My meal was the best restaurant food I have ever had. The atmosphere was elegant, but also friendly and comfortable. I look forward to dining there again.Special Features:
- Love this placebeverlyDined on 10/2/2014Delicious food, able to converse, good service, nice atmosphere.Special Features:
- Delightful experienceEnjoyeditDined on 9/27/2014Two couples....enjoyed the creative and varied menu. Our server was attentive, but allowed us lots of time to order, since we were busy chatting before making our decisions. The lobster bisque was delicious with a lovely presentation. We all enjoyed our entree and dessert selections.Special Features: