Bistro Le Steak
1309 Third Ave.
New York, NY 10022Neighborhood:
Upper East Side
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
Bistro Le Steak
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bistrolesteak.com/index.html
- Phone: (212) 517-3800
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Mon - Fri 11:30 am - 4:00 pm
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:30 am - 4:00 pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm,
Dinner: Friday - Saturday: 4:00 pm - 12:00 am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse, French
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Cross Street: 75th Street
- Public Transit: Take the 6 subway train to 77th Street & Lexington
then walk East one block and South two blocks.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Street parking, We also offer discounted parking at:
300 East 75th Street
(Bet. 1st and 2nd Avenue)
A word from Bistro Le Steak
Bistro Le Steak opened it's doors in May of 1996. Since then, it has satisfied the Upper East Side with a classic French appetizers such as Escargots, Frog Legs and Shrimp St. Tropez. Our famous "Provencale" steak sauce has been a staple recipe that has continued to put smiles upon thousands of families for over two decades, Family owned and operated, this bustling corner bistro serves great food with a French twist! We proudly invite you to join us for Lunch, Brunch and Dinner or give us a call and we'll deliver it to your door!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bistro Le Steak reviews from OpenTable diners
49 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (28)fit for foodies (14)romantic (10)great for lunch (7)special occasion (6)good for groups (5)great for brunch (4)late-night find (3)scenic view (2)great for outdoor dining (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- We were looking for a suitablebhbelleVIPDined on 3/27/2013We were looking for a suitable restaurant to bring relatives from out of town and wanted a place with a variety of dining options and not too noisy, since conversation would be a priority. Bistro Le Steak fit the bill. We were a party of 6 and all chose different entrees and desserts. Everyone was delighted with their choice. The noise level and general ambiance were very conducive to pleasant conversation and overall comfort. Our server was very friendly and knowledgeable which added to our experience. I look forward to our next visit to Bistro Le Steak and trying new selections from the menu.Special Features:
- Excellent food. Much betterakidderzDined on 3/9/2013Excellent food. Much better than average service. We felt like we were the youngest people there (late 20's, early 40's), but our food was very good and we had a great time. The waitstaff was excellent.Special Features:
- consistently gr8 food ambiencedeliciousVIPDined on 3/8/2013consistently gr8 food ambience need wet towels for juicy hamburgers,gets a little messy excellent hamburger we always go back to neighborhood jemSpecial Features:
- It is one of our favoriteAronsonsVIPDined on 2/24/2013It is one of our favorite neighborhood restaurants.Special Features:
- Overall a nice neighborhoodBandBDined on 2/16/2013Overall a nice neighborhood restaurant in the upper East side. I would definitely come back for their well-prepared and comfortable portions of food. Friendly staff.Special Features:
- Always a great experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2013Always a great experience. Great food, great wine, great service. Nice to know you can depend on Bistro LeSteak for a nice evening out.Special Features:
- Arrived promptly for our resvOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/14/2013Arrived promptly for our resv . Seated right away but then ignored for 10--12 minutes. Food was good but my steak was not flavorful,probably due to poor seasoning. We had a good experience New years Eve, and my wife liked her dish ,so we'll be back. Servers.. just make sure to pay attention to your guests. Jpat ...east 70'sSpecial Features:
- Good for steak and salad.MaryBVIPDined on 1/4/2013Good for steak and salad. Stay away from anything that requires a true chef . The special lobster dish I foolishly ordered was one of the worst meals I have ever had.
- A basic neighborhood jointSheRantzDined on 1/1/2013A basic neighborhood joint that can rely on a regular crowd to make it. Food was ok but over-sauced, under-seasoned and very blah. Service was a bit apathetic at best. My 87 year-old father loves it - I wouldn't go back.
- After 5 or 6 visits in theOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 12/31/2012After 5 or 6 visits in the past three years, either BLS has been steadily going downhill or it just wasn't that good to start with. Some dishes are okay (the steak based things are pretty good, except for the steak tartare, which is overseasoned; the fat-free mashed potatoes are very good; the snails are decent) but the majority are mediocre to bad (anything involving chicken and most of the fish and seafood will be cooked dry). The service seems to have two speeds - overwhelmed and rushed. On the bright side, it's not overpriced.
- Perfect to enjoy food and companyKaffakVIPDined on 12/30/2012My boyfriend and I love Le Steak. Whenever we have family visiting we always go for dinner. It's a more quiet place where you can have a nice conversation. Most of the tables are positioned on the outer perimeter of the restaurant so you have a window view. The food is always good and reliable along with the service. During the weekend, it's a great place to stop off for a drink at the bar, providing a comfortable scene and drawing in a nice, sophisticated crowd now and then. I should also mention that this is one of Mayor Bloomberg's favorite spots, I've seen him there twice, must be good!Special Features:
- Always great food, servicemikeyVIPDined on 12/27/2012Always great food, service and a wonderful place- neighborhood or otherwise.Special Features:
- I have enjoyed both timesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/24/2012I have enjoyed both times I have been at Bistro Le Steak, the food is good and it is a nice quite atmosphere for a date or with a small group of 4Special Features:
- 5 diners accomodated nicely.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/24/20125 diners accomodated nicely. A hustling bustling place but did not feel rushed or bothered. Filet mignon cooked to perfection. Good food with obvious attention to the basics. Recommended.
- Very nice food - fairly quickOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/14/2012Very nice food - fairly quick service. Great little place on the UES
- The food was wonderful andOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 12/8/2012The food was wonderful and exactly what we wanted and expected.Special Features:
- great to have in the neighborhood,twofourtalkVIPDined on 12/2/2012great to have in the neighborhood, and nice waiters
- Great Steak! Quiet.. A greatOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 11/28/2012Great Steak! Quiet.. A great selection of drinks and food!Special Features:
- We were 5 for their ThanksgivingGeordyVIPDined on 11/22/2012We were 5 for their Thanksgiving special. Excellent, traditional meal,4 courses for $35.00. Wine list has a nice variety of price points.Special Features:
- like a trip to France!theyfoodieDined on 11/13/2012like a trip to France!they forgot we were celebrating my friend's birthday and did not mention it. Disapointed!Special Features:
- The highlight of our mealDiner1VIPDined on 11/12/2012The highlight of our meal were the pomme frites - if you're entree does not come with them you must order them as a side dish. They are, by far, the best french fries on the upper east side. The wild salmon was also very good, not overcooked or swimming in sauce. The restaurant offers excellent value for a decent mid-week, neighborhood meal.Special Features:
- RecommendedoperafanVIPDined on 10/25/2012Great food! Good service! Brook Trout was wonderful, all salads we had were great, rib steak was also good. Highly recommendedSpecial Features:
- Not Bad- But Not Worth the MoneyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/12/2012We hadn't been back at Bistro Le Steak and unfortunately, I don't think time has been its friend. Basically, this is a neighborhood place, with reasonably good food at prices that are way overpriced. The crabcake was nice and the onion soup was good, but the rib eye for almost $30 just wasn't the best caliber. The waitress hovered around constantly asking if we were done, or needed anything-- it almost felt like they were trying to get us out quickly-- but there were other tables open. It's not a bad place-- I just don't think it's worth it.
- great lunch!! had the kobelisalep4Dined on 9/23/2012great lunch!! had the kobe burger and it was cooked to perfection!Special Features:
- First timeIt was very good.altoDined on 8/31/2012First timeIt was very good. We tried frog legs and they were very good.The service was attentive and portions were a good size.Special Features: