Bistro Le Steak
1309 Third Ave.
New York, NY 10022Neighborhood:
Upper East Side
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
Bistro Le Steak
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bistrolesteak.com/index.html
- Phone: 2125173800x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Mon - Fri 11:30 am - 4:00 pm
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:30 am - 4:00 pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm,
Dinner: Friday - Saturday: 4:00 pm - 12:00 am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse, French
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Cross Street: 75th Street
- Public Transit: Take the 6 subway train to 77th Street & Lexington
then walk East one block and South two blocks.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Street parking, We also offer discounted parking at:
300 East 75th Street
(Bet. 1st and 2nd Avenue)
A word from Bistro Le Steak
Bistro Le Steak opened it's doors in May of 1996. Since then, it has satisfied the Upper East Side with a classic French appetizers such as Escargots, Frog Legs and Shrimp St. Tropez. Our famous "Provencale" steak sauce has been a staple recipe that has continued to put smiles upon thousands of families for over two decades, Family owned and operated, this bustling corner bistro serves great food with a French twist! We proudly invite you to join us for Lunch, Brunch and Dinner or give us a call and we'll deliver it to your door!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bistro Le Steak reviews from OpenTable diners
44 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (32)late-night find (7)great for brunch (7)romantic (7)great for lunch (7)special occasion (6)fit for foodies (6)great for outdoor dining (4)kid-friendly (3)notable wine list (3)good for groups (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- So, so comfortable !JayoDined on 8/1/2014A great place to go with friends and family. Truly good food, a varied menu- everything from burgers to French haute-cuisine classics like escargots and frog's legs! It has become my "local" and everyone I've brought has really enjoyed itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I should eat here more oftenStephenHVIPDined on 7/30/2014I eat at BLS about 3 times a year for the past couple of years. Often enough that the staff remembers me, not often enough to be a regular. Each time I enjoy the service, the food, the ambiance, and the most reasonable prices for steaks in NYC that I have found.Special Features:
- Kids and adults well pleasedJoanVIPDined on 7/14/2014With 4 children, aged 4 to 11 + 4 adults we all had a most pleasant meal. Wait staff was gracious and accommodating. Steak was delicious, shrimp with linguini was acceptable, salads were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bastille WeekbwactorDined on 7/11/2014I went on a date here for French Restaurant week, and the special of the evening was listed as, "Cheese Ravioli and a glass of Champagne." I was hesitant, as this was a french restaurant, but I made a reservation. When we arrived, everyone was very kind. While I requested seating in their semi-outdoor space, the host gave us a table inside, something that I looked over as it was warm out anyway. We ordered the garlic bread with gorgonzola fondue, and it was amazing. The cheese ravioli was even better! I was highly impressed with Bistro Le Steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 333eastVIPDined on 6/28/2014great for steak. The staff is welcoming and professionalSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceNeilSDined on 6/28/2014I thought the service was fantastic we ate outside. Now my date had the special which was the scallops and I had the Kobe Burger. We ordered the crab cake as an appetizer. That was overpriced $14.95 for just one. Granted it was good. Her special at $28 to me was overpriced too. Granted the service was great. My burger was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- celcDined on 6/21/2014Love this place while nice enough to treat the in-laws to dinner it's also got a neighborhood vibe with food to satisfy most tastes. And it's all really good, my go to is the pear arugula salad and my boyfriend's garlic bread and penne were both great, the only thing I wasn't blown away with was the crabcakeSpecial Features:
- not very goodLiam461VIPDined on 6/16/2014to start, I wasn't happy being put that such a small table after requesting a larger table when the place was obviously empty. Then to see other people arrive after me with no reservations being afforded the largest tables even though they were alone. The ribeye steak about I had was average at best. for the price that they charged I could have went to Pathmark and got a better cut of meat.the waitress was attentive and very polite. I would not recommend this restaurant to a friend.
- Bistro leSteakK9GSD28Dined on 6/2/2014Very enjoyable dining experience. Our second time there, and will return soon. Lamb was excellent, but prefer the mint jelly on the side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- deliciousVIPDined on 5/24/2014always go to never disappointed food service ambience deliciousSpecial Features:
- My favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014Best Filet Mignon and fries, great desserts plus good serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upper East Side GembhbelleDined on 5/11/2014We dined here on Mother's Day. Had a nice table for 4 in the enclosed café looking out on Second Ave. Service was welcoming and attentive. We all had different appetizers, entrees and desserts. We agreed that they were all delicious and plentiful. Nice size glass of wine for the price. Our server could not have been more gracious. Since it was Mother's Day, a pleasant touch was receiving a rose at the end of our meal. We look forward to dining here again.Special Features:
- Excellent BrunchL101Dined on 5/11/2014Family and friends enjoyed a Mother's Day brunch. Excellent service, menu, and good quality.Special Features:
- The following 78 reviews are from the Bistro Le Steak reviews archive.
- Great ExperienceatoroDined on 4/29/2014I took my wife to Bistro Le Steak for her birthday. The food and service were great, and the prices were reasonable. We loved the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good pickOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 4/27/2014Food was good. Waitress friendly but service a bit slow.Special Features:
- Poor Meal at Bistro Le SteakBeteraVIPDined on 4/19/2014We were hoping for a great meal when we entered Bistro Le Steak. We were deeply disappointed. My onion soup was watery, not very hot and the cheese sat like a lump in the middle of the bowl--not nearly browned enough. My trout was swimming in butter and didn't taste very fresh--I left most of it. Finally the dessert (included in the prix-fixe) was one small scoop of vanilla ice cream, also tasteless. Decaf coffee had a strange taste and I left it all after one sip. My partner's steak was "good enough" and I did see many burgers on plates as we entered, so maybe those would be better choices. I had the sense of a place past its prime, or one coasting on a regular clientele content with mediocre food. We would not return.
- Been going for YearsMACNYDined on 3/21/2014We have been going to this restaurant for many many years. The last couple of years it does seem to have gone downhill which is disappointing. I will return but most likely for brunch. They still do have the best french fries!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A solid favorite of mineStephenHVIPDined on 3/18/2014Bistro Le Steak serves a nice steak that is between the high end steakhouses and the budget steaks places around the city in price. The service is always friendly and attentive. The steaks are tasty, and the house steaksauce , and very similar salad dressing, are different from most places and counts as points this restaurants favor. They allow you to bring your own wine, for a $25 corkage fee. I would prefer either better wine glasses or a $20 charge, but that is a minor detail, that doesn't deter me from returning here about once a month. They also do a very good job of mixing classic cocktails at their bar (Martinis, Manhattans, Old Fashions and their variations).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- goodmnsgDined on 3/15/2014Steaks were very good though mine was undercooked (yet charred on the outside). Decided not to ask for it to be cooked more because I was worried it would take too long and get more charred. Meat was flavorful, as good as any steak house I've been to. Service was efficient, non intrusive, and friendly. Grilled vegetable salad was good, not oily. Lemon tart and chocolate mousse were easily shareable. Cote du Rhone was better than the merlot. We'll definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- blahamm207Dined on 3/8/2014This restaurant was not great. We had the filet mignon au poive. The cut of meat was good quality but the au poive sauce left much to be desired. It was dark like a gravy and almost tasted like it had ketchup in it. It was one of the worst au poive sauces I've ever had. The waiter also didn't give us the specials and we didn't realize till after ordering when we heard the couple next to us hearing the specials.
- A solid neighborhood bistroStephenHVIPDined on 3/1/2014This is probably the sixth time I have eaten dinner at Bistro Le Steak in the past 12 months. I always enjoy my meal. Most times I get the same waiter, Armond, who does a great job taking care of my table. The food is tasty, and cooked the way I ask. The prices are reasonable. The service very good. Everyone in the restaurant is friendly. I will continue to go to this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Returned again after 2 disappointinlittlejkVIPDined on 2/22/2014Returned again after 2 disappointing meals and was pleasantly pleased. The steak was cooked perfectly and the fries were terrific.Special Features:
- Great nightJJ802VIPDined on 2/22/2014We stumbled on Bistro Le Steak when we were on the upper east side. Quaint place with amazing food and friendly service. We will be back and will bring friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience at Bistro Le SteakmschipaDined on 2/21/2014Had a great table on the window. Nice ambience, and great staff. Both daughters had the rib eye and it was done perfectly - pan seared that gave it a great crust, perfectly done inside. One daughter said it was the best steak she ever ate. I had the escargot, which was perfect, tender, tasty, and I had the rack of lamb special that was cooked to perfection at medium rare. The caesar salad was also good, much better than most. All in all, a great experience and I'd go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food2dineDined on 2/21/2014Although great for steak, they are also great for fishSpecial Features:
- Great restaurantMaggieNYCDined on 2/15/2014The rack of lamb was excellent, the desserts delicious and the service outstanding. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always fantastic and greatCushVIPDined on 2/10/2014Always fantastic and great value. Delcious salad dressing, steaks, and steak sauce.Special Features:
- Delicious dining @ reasonable PriceOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 2/7/2014We live in the neighborhood, but recently stopped in for our first visit. We weren't disappointed. Nice, lively ambiance on a Friday early evening, and service was solid. My wife and I spit the house salad, which was fresh and nicel spiced with a light dressing. Spinach dip was ok, not memorable. I'm a sucker for good bread, and the sourdough loaf was delicious, fresh and chewy. Dor entrees, I had mussels and frites, and my wife had the seafood pasta. Both were excellent, and personally served by the chef. We topped ff the evening by sharing the chocolate mouse which was recommended by out waiter. Excellent choice! Smooth, creamy and decacantly rich. The bill was very reasonable, even with 4 glasses of wine. We will be back.Special Features:
- Oldie but goodieNange25Dined on 1/18/2014I had not been here I many years but after my recent dinner here I will be back more often. The arugula,pear and goat cheese, and special salad with mesclun, strawberries, oranges and blue cheeses were excellent and not overdressed. My 10oz sirloin was cooked to my specifications-medium rare and charred on the outside. Juicy and tender. I usually go for "au poivre" sauce but tried their special "provencale" sauce, mustard based, and it was delicious. My friends both had the filet mignon and they were very pleased. I was I. The mood for steak, but the menu is so extensive and appealing that I would like to try one of their fish entrees. Decor is a hit outdated but does have a bistro feel. The waiter was outstanding.Special Features:
- love restaurant this timedeliciousVIPDined on 1/17/2014love restaurant this time they were off food cold lousy table small child breaking glasses recommended to friend DiSAPPOINTED WILL TRY AGAIN BECAUSE USUALLY GREAT REALLY OFF THIS TIME
- Head to brunch after 12:30OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/12/2014The food was excellent as well as the service but we were the only 3 guests in the entire restaurant until around 12:30.
- Really goodValencianoDined on 12/31/2013We were a group of 6 people that went there for New Year's Eve. The place, service and food were great and prices affordable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great meal on a difficult nightStephenHVIPDined on 12/31/2013I had an early reservation (6pm) on New Years Eve. When I got there the restaurant was 1/4 full, by the middle of my meal the place was packed. NYE is a tough night for a restaurant and Bistro Le Steak came through like a champ! A great meal, with fast and friendly service, what more could I ask for. This is a neighborhood place for me, and I will continue to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Christmas dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/25/2013It was fully booked and thus a little noisy but the food was over the top and the service very good. Very comfortable, not rushed. We dine here often and always enjoy it.Special Features:
- Christmas dinner -etc.ArgedyDined on 12/25/2013My family and friends have celebrated Christmas dinner together at Bistro Le Steak - year after year, and it has always been a happy experience - food- Ambience - service. Also, I attended a 90th birthday celebration brunch last spring - again delightful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good service and decent foodOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 12/13/2013Ensure you are not put in the corner on the "patio" by the window. You are completely isolated and cannot see anything or anyone. On top of it gets cold then hot as a noisy heater is turned on and off right over your head. Hence the low ambience score. Food was good and hearty (we had sole and mahi mahi) but presentation messy. Service was gracious and attentive, he could have easily forgotten us as we were in Siberia.
- Just wonderful!SherylVIPDined on 12/5/2013My husband and I try to return to NYC every year at Christmas time. We return to our neighborhood and love Bistro Le Steak. Bistro Le Steak is just a wonderful neighborhood restaurant. And, obviously notables love it too. Mayor Bloomberg, Oscar de la Renta, his wife, Henry Kissinger and his wife, Nancy, were at the table next to us. Quite a thrill.Special Features:
- Very good, if slightly overpriceddojeroDined on 11/22/2013A good neighborhood bistro, but the prices are a bit high for that level. In particular, the wine list is overpriced; for bistro food, there should be some simple table wines that are more affordable. That said, this is a comfortable and reasonably quiet place to get a good traditional French bistro meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nov 2013bobnyVIPDined on 11/16/2013Haven't had dinner at Bistro Le Steak in about 2 years. Thought the food was very well done especially any dish that had broth or sause like mussels and beef bourgoine. will go back more regularly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- When you REALLY need a decent mealJayoDined on 11/16/2013Head for Bistro Le Steak for comfortable, pleasant dinner. Menu is varied enough to suit all moods, and there are quiet spots even if the restaurant is busy. Prices moderate and staff always pleasant. This is an easy place to relax with friends or family-it's even possible to have a conversation without needing a Master's Degree in lip-reading!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.