Bistro Le Steak
1309 Third Ave.
New York, NY 10022Neighborhood:
Upper East Side
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
Bistro Le Steak
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bistrolesteak.com/index.html
- Phone: (212) 517-3800
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Mon - Fri 11:30 am - 4:00 pm
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:30 am - 4:00 pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm,
Dinner: Friday - Saturday: 4:00 pm - 12:00 am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse, French
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Cross Street: 75th Street
- Public Transit: Take the 6 subway train to 77th Street & Lexington
then walk East one block and South two blocks.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Street parking, We also offer discounted parking at:
300 East 75th Street
(Bet. 1st and 2nd Avenue)
A word from Bistro Le Steak
Bistro Le Steak opened it's doors in May of 1996. Since then, it has satisfied the Upper East Side with a classic French appetizers such as Escargots, Frog Legs and Shrimp St. Tropez. Our famous "Provencale" steak sauce has been a staple recipe that has continued to put smiles upon thousands of families for over two decades, Family owned and operated, this bustling corner bistro serves great food with a French twist! We proudly invite you to join us for Lunch, Brunch and Dinner or give us a call and we'll deliver it to your door!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bistro Le Steak reviews from OpenTable diners
48 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (27)fit for foodies (14)romantic (10)great for lunch (7)special occasion (6)good for groups (5)great for brunch (4)late-night find (3)scenic view (2)great for outdoor dining (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Great steak!BarrySDined on 11/14/2014As the name suggests, the 10oz sirloin was delicious. I ordered the $34.95 prix fix and had the French onion soup, also quite good with good broth and a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Wifey had the mushroom strudel appetizer, hearty and wonderfully flavored. She also had the steak and liked it. Great char, perfectly cooked to medium rare, marbled with no grizzle, a little heavy on the salt, but it adds flavor and a wonderful vinegary sauce served hot on the side. Recommended among all the nice French bistro's on the UES.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steak at neighborhood spotmanhattanmomDined on 11/9/2014The steak is consistently wonderful at this neighborhood gem. The service is very attentive and especially wonderful to my children.Special Features:
- StephenHVIPDined on 11/5/2014Another solid dinner at Bistro Le Steak. Once again, I took a group of friends to dinner at BLS, and everything was perfect. We brought our own wine and the restaurant was great about that. The food was tasty and filling, no one left hungry. The service, friendly, and quick, without being overbearing. Bonus points for being on the quite side, everyone at our table was able to hear the ongoing conversations. I will return soon, as BLS is fast becoming my go to place in the neighborhood. I should also mention, that BLS is always willing to make Steak Tartre for me, even though its no longer on their menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprise find!JBUCVIPDined on 11/2/2014Happened upon this restaurant and every dish we had was superb and delicious. Very attentive staff.Special Features:
- Comfortable2dineDined on 11/1/2014Food and service very good broad menu well. A comfortable place with many regulars.Special Features:
- the real dealGreekReviewVIPDined on 10/28/2014I was looking for a great steak b/c my college daughter was desperate to leave campus and have a great meal. This place fit the bill - the steaks were amazing and the service was wonderful. A successful choice!Special Features:
- Our favorite restaurant!SherylVIPDined on 10/26/2014We try to return to our neighborhood every year. Bistro Le Steak is always on the top of our list. It does not disappoint. We look forward to our "next time".Special Features:
- Mediocre and DatedN45STVIPDined on 10/19/2014I havent eaten here in many years and I needed a neighborhood place for brunch with a friend. Very disappointing. Dark and dingy place that could use a refresh. We ordered omelettes with wild mushrooms and gruyere - now what kind of French bistro could get that wrong? The eggs were rubbery and filling was bland. Even the potatoes were just unappetizing. They were out of soup of the day, and the coffee had that murky color that comes from sitting around for awhile. I hate to give bad reviews to local restaurants, but I cant say we had a good experience or that i would run back anytime soon.Special Features:
- Neighborhood GemStephenHVIPDined on 10/5/2014I live within walking distance and have been going to Bistro Le Steak more often the last few months. It never disappoints. The staff is friendly, the food tasty.Special Features:
- A KeeperOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/30/2014Food is excellent in every classification. Service is superb. Once you try it, you will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable Sunday dinnerMamaVIPDined on 9/28/2014Sunday was my first time dining here and everyone's meal was delicious and service was just right! Had an early dinner inside with my husband, son and daughter-in-law.We all enjoyed the meal and ambiance - we were comfortable and we could talk. While I am happy to return, most entrees and individual glasses of wine were a little too pricey to go often or with my whole family (7 people).Special Features:
- DeliciousfoodloverDined on 9/27/2014We had dinner at this restaurant on Saturday with friends from out of town. All enjoyed it very much. The food was delicious, and we were allowed to remain and chat for a long time after we finished eating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mehMofUESVIPDined on 9/10/2014I took a friend there for a birthday lunch. The place was mostly empty. The seven other diners were 70+ and we are just under 50. The food was good and the price was great ($25 = 3 course lunch special including hot beverage). The wait staff was terrible. With so many other places to eat, chances are neither of us would go back.
- So, so comfortable !JayoDined on 8/1/2014A great place to go with friends and family. Truly good food, a varied menu- everything from burgers to French haute-cuisine classics like escargots and frog's legs! It has become my "local" and everyone I've brought has really enjoyed itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 91 reviews are from the Bistro Le Steak reviews archive.
- I should eat here more oftenStephenHVIPDined on 7/30/2014I eat at BLS about 3 times a year for the past couple of years. Often enough that the staff remembers me, not often enough to be a regular. Each time I enjoy the service, the food, the ambiance, and the most reasonable prices for steaks in NYC that I have found.Special Features:
- Kids and adults well pleasedJoanVIPDined on 7/14/2014With 4 children, aged 4 to 11 + 4 adults we all had a most pleasant meal. Wait staff was gracious and accommodating. Steak was delicious, shrimp with linguini was acceptable, salads were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bastille WeekbwactorDined on 7/11/2014I went on a date here for French Restaurant week, and the special of the evening was listed as, "Cheese Ravioli and a glass of Champagne." I was hesitant, as this was a french restaurant, but I made a reservation. When we arrived, everyone was very kind. While I requested seating in their semi-outdoor space, the host gave us a table inside, something that I looked over as it was warm out anyway. We ordered the garlic bread with gorgonzola fondue, and it was amazing. The cheese ravioli was even better! I was highly impressed with Bistro Le Steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 333eastVIPDined on 6/28/2014great for steak. The staff is welcoming and professionalSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceNeilSDined on 6/28/2014I thought the service was fantastic we ate outside. Now my date had the special which was the scallops and I had the Kobe Burger. We ordered the crab cake as an appetizer. That was overpriced $14.95 for just one. Granted it was good. Her special at $28 to me was overpriced too. Granted the service was great. My burger was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- celcDined on 6/21/2014Love this place while nice enough to treat the in-laws to dinner it's also got a neighborhood vibe with food to satisfy most tastes. And it's all really good, my go to is the pear arugula salad and my boyfriend's garlic bread and penne were both great, the only thing I wasn't blown away with was the crabcakeSpecial Features:
- not very goodLiam461VIPDined on 6/16/2014to start, I wasn't happy being put that such a small table after requesting a larger table when the place was obviously empty. Then to see other people arrive after me with no reservations being afforded the largest tables even though they were alone. The ribeye steak about I had was average at best. for the price that they charged I could have went to Pathmark and got a better cut of meat.the waitress was attentive and very polite. I would not recommend this restaurant to a friend.
- Bistro leSteakK9GSD28Dined on 6/2/2014Very enjoyable dining experience. Our second time there, and will return soon. Lamb was excellent, but prefer the mint jelly on the side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- deliciousVIPDined on 5/24/2014always go to never disappointed food service ambience deliciousSpecial Features:
- My favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014Best Filet Mignon and fries, great desserts plus good serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upper East Side GembhbelleVIPDined on 5/11/2014We dined here on Mother's Day. Had a nice table for 4 in the enclosed café looking out on Second Ave. Service was welcoming and attentive. We all had different appetizers, entrees and desserts. We agreed that they were all delicious and plentiful. Nice size glass of wine for the price. Our server could not have been more gracious. Since it was Mother's Day, a pleasant touch was receiving a rose at the end of our meal. We look forward to dining here again.Special Features:
- Excellent BrunchL101Dined on 5/11/2014Family and friends enjoyed a Mother's Day brunch. Excellent service, menu, and good quality.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceatoroDined on 4/29/2014I took my wife to Bistro Le Steak for her birthday. The food and service were great, and the prices were reasonable. We loved the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good pickOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 4/27/2014Food was good. Waitress friendly but service a bit slow.Special Features:
- Poor Meal at Bistro Le SteakBeteraVIPDined on 4/19/2014We were hoping for a great meal when we entered Bistro Le Steak. We were deeply disappointed. My onion soup was watery, not very hot and the cheese sat like a lump in the middle of the bowl--not nearly browned enough. My trout was swimming in butter and didn't taste very fresh--I left most of it. Finally the dessert (included in the prix-fixe) was one small scoop of vanilla ice cream, also tasteless. Decaf coffee had a strange taste and I left it all after one sip. My partner's steak was "good enough" and I did see many burgers on plates as we entered, so maybe those would be better choices. I had the sense of a place past its prime, or one coasting on a regular clientele content with mediocre food. We would not return.
- Been going for YearsMACNYVIPDined on 3/21/2014We have been going to this restaurant for many many years. The last couple of years it does seem to have gone downhill which is disappointing. I will return but most likely for brunch. They still do have the best french fries!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A solid favorite of mineStephenHVIPDined on 3/18/2014Bistro Le Steak serves a nice steak that is between the high end steakhouses and the budget steaks places around the city in price. The service is always friendly and attentive. The steaks are tasty, and the house steaksauce , and very similar salad dressing, are different from most places and counts as points this restaurants favor. They allow you to bring your own wine, for a $25 corkage fee. I would prefer either better wine glasses or a $20 charge, but that is a minor detail, that doesn't deter me from returning here about once a month. They also do a very good job of mixing classic cocktails at their bar (Martinis, Manhattans, Old Fashions and their variations).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- goodmnsgDined on 3/15/2014Steaks were very good though mine was undercooked (yet charred on the outside). Decided not to ask for it to be cooked more because I was worried it would take too long and get more charred. Meat was flavorful, as good as any steak house I've been to. Service was efficient, non intrusive, and friendly. Grilled vegetable salad was good, not oily. Lemon tart and chocolate mousse were easily shareable. Cote du Rhone was better than the merlot. We'll definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- blahamm207Dined on 3/8/2014This restaurant was not great. We had the filet mignon au poive. The cut of meat was good quality but the au poive sauce left much to be desired. It was dark like a gravy and almost tasted like it had ketchup in it. It was one of the worst au poive sauces I've ever had. The waiter also didn't give us the specials and we didn't realize till after ordering when we heard the couple next to us hearing the specials.
- A solid neighborhood bistroStephenHVIPDined on 3/1/2014This is probably the sixth time I have eaten dinner at Bistro Le Steak in the past 12 months. I always enjoy my meal. Most times I get the same waiter, Armond, who does a great job taking care of my table. The food is tasty, and cooked the way I ask. The prices are reasonable. The service very good. Everyone in the restaurant is friendly. I will continue to go to this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Returned again after 2 disappointinlittlejkVIPDined on 2/22/2014Returned again after 2 disappointing meals and was pleasantly pleased. The steak was cooked perfectly and the fries were terrific.Special Features:
- Great nightJJ802VIPDined on 2/22/2014We stumbled on Bistro Le Steak when we were on the upper east side. Quaint place with amazing food and friendly service. We will be back and will bring friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience at Bistro Le SteakmschipaDined on 2/21/2014Had a great table on the window. Nice ambience, and great staff. Both daughters had the rib eye and it was done perfectly - pan seared that gave it a great crust, perfectly done inside. One daughter said it was the best steak she ever ate. I had the escargot, which was perfect, tender, tasty, and I had the rack of lamb special that was cooked to perfection at medium rare. The caesar salad was also good, much better than most. All in all, a great experience and I'd go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food2dineDined on 2/21/2014Although great for steak, they are also great for fishSpecial Features:
- Great restaurantMaggieNYCDined on 2/15/2014The rack of lamb was excellent, the desserts delicious and the service outstanding. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always fantastic and greatCushVIPDined on 2/10/2014Always fantastic and great value. Delcious salad dressing, steaks, and steak sauce.Special Features: