344 Third Avenue
New York, NY 10010Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bistrolamazou.com/
- Phone: 2124818550
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Moroccan, Mediterranean
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, High Tea, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Catering is available for all occasions and needs, wether in-house or any setting. We can cater hot foods, hors d'oeuvres, coktail parties, sit down dinners and so forth. We also provide staffing for the event.
- Entertainment: Bistro Lamazou is CLOSED for renovation. We will be reopening in August 2012. See you then.
- Special Events: We can accommodate all events with a delicious menu catered to all your needs. From business functions, to diplomatic events, to fashion shows, weddings, engagements, barmitvah, baptism, baby shower, rehearsal dinners, to wine and cheese tastings, whiskey and scotch tastings, to special birthday parties. Our event planner will work with you on a sumptuous cuisine combined with personalized service and attention to every detail.
A word from Bistro Lamazou
Bistro Lamazou is closed for renovation. We will be reopening in August 2012. See you then, and have a great summer.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bistro Lamazou reviews from OpenTable diners
- Everything was really good;OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/29/2012Everything was really good; service, food, selection. The only bummer...it was the hottest day of the summer and with their high ceilings the place was just too hot. Cannot really hold that against them.Special Features:
- I know it's summer and theLikestoeatVIPDined on 6/23/2012I know it's summer and the weekends are quite in the city but on a Saturday night at 7:45pm we were the Only Ones in the place, oh yeah and a bachelorette party in a back room whooping it up. Of course the service was attentive. That said I thought the food was bland and boring and I'm being kind when I rate it Fair. The "spousal unit" "thought the couscous was ok. The lamb chops and sausage were good and the couscous was well seasoned without being too salty". Still, I can't imagine how this place survives. Perhaps an after work drinks crowd during the week?
- Went there on a Tuesday eveningTom2Dined on 6/19/2012Went there on a Tuesday evening so it was not very crowded. That having been said, the food was good. I enjoy Moroccan food. My guest had never had Moroccan food and he loved his meal. Service was very attentive. When I mentioned that I am a bit of a wine person but did not know a great deal about middle eastern wine, the waiter brought me a taste. The food and service was good. I'm glad I went. Probably would go again.
- The beautiful , spacious decorOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 5/29/2012The beautiful , spacious decor is very inviting and the owners are the ultimate hosts. The wine list includes some lovely selections from Tunisia and Morocco. The cous cous and tagines are absolutely delectable. This is a restaurant not to be missed.Special Features:
- This was our second visitFoodMavenVIPDined on 5/13/2012This was our second visit here. While we thought everything was good, it just wasn't as good as we remembered it from the first time we ate there. I can't put my finger on what was wrong but it was as though they were afraid to use bolder seasonings and everything was a bit bland.
- Very cool setting and someAMYCVIPDined on 5/13/2012Very cool setting and some really delicious food. Service was a bit slow and unprofessional---lovely people but seemed to lack experience, especially during a busy brunch.Special Features:
- We were a party of five onOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/28/2012We were a party of five on Saturday afternoon. Everyone enjoyed the restaurant. The food and brunch menu was very good. The ambiance and music was very good. The service was very good.Special Features:
- Love it!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/25/2012Hands down one of my best dining experiences in a while. Perfect food, atmosphere, service! Will definitely be returning!Special Features:
- Food is consistently excellent,OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/18/2012Food is consistently excellent, service attentive and friendly. Wine list is priced well with a varied and interesting selection.Special Features:
- tasty food, poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/13/2012I've been here twice now. The chef knows what he/she is doing. Tangines are flavorful and delicious. The service is poor -- the bartender totally messed up my cocktail (which was on their cocktail menu!), we had to ask for bread at the table. The bartender became our waiter and he did not come across like a professional bartender or server; he volunteered to not charge my friend for the soup before she even ordered it, in case she didn't like it (thought that was weird!). And he couldn't describe the dish to her at all. The busboy did not speak any English whatsoever. The place is airy and has nice decor, but I don't think I'll be back.
- This place is very understatedSidCindyVIPDined on 4/12/2012This place is very understated and quite good. It seems to be suffering a bit as the menu has been cut back significantly. Last night portions were a bit skimpy though delicious. I really hope it survives and thrives as we've enjoyed going there once or twice a month and have never been disappointed.Special Features:
- Nice, simple food, attentivejaillissantVIPDined on 4/8/2012Nice, simple food, attentive service, a little too loud background music.
- Ok if you are in areaNYCdineDined on 4/6/2012Odd decor, nice concept but just ok dinner. Wouldn't go out of my way to come here again. I had fish and my husband had chicken. The owners have a nice cheese shop down the street. That's the better place in our opinion.
- Really good food and unusualOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/5/2012Really good food and unusual but very pleasant ambiance. The menu could be a little more Moroccan and less mac 'n cheese, but what is Moroccan is really good.Special Features:
- Bistro Heaven on Third Avenue!!KP28Dined on 4/4/2012A group of my friends and I visited this restaurant on a Wednesday evening (ladies night). The restaurant has specials listed on their website for most nights so please check them out. The lighting, colors, design, furniture, etc. at the Bistro was warm and welcoming. There were a variety of seating options from the bar, tables, lounge seating, etc. that we all commented on favorably. A few of us sat at the bar and had cocktails while we waited for the rest of our party to arrive. The staff was attentive without being invasive. When we sat down for dinner, we had the same experience. The staff is well trained, observant and made us feel very welcome. The food was presented nicely and the portions were nice without being overwhelming.Special Features:
- Fantastic restaurant. EverythingRisaDined on 3/31/2012Fantastic restaurant. Everything was great from the wine list to dessert. After our show we went back for drinks.Special Features:
- The restaurant was prettyMichekeVIPDined on 3/23/2012The restaurant was pretty quiet. Everything was fragrant and delicious. The Bronzino was fresh and moist. The grilled quail was tasty as was the salad of mixed greens. We do hope that the restaurant will do well!!!!Special Features:
- Bistro Lamazou never disappoints!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/21/2012Bistro Lamazou never disappoints! Love this restaurant!Special Features:
- Mediterranean-type food honestlylunchat1Dined on 3/20/2012Mediterranean-type food honestly prepared. I like the sandwiches with salad on the menu--portobello and mushroom, eggplant and mozzarella. Lunchtime is never crowded and it's a comfortable place to sit and talk without interruption.Special Features:
- This place SHOULD be packed.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/18/2012This place SHOULD be packed. The food is excellent, the prices more than fair, the room is beautiful and the service is friendly, knowledgeable & efficient. So why is this place only 75% full even on a weekend and only 50% full the rest of the time? It must be the location which is right in the middle of a bunch of crummy sports bars. As a Murray Hill resident I wish more people would go because its great to have such an excellent restaurant only a few blocks from home. The food is a perfect fusion of Southern Mediterranean and North African. A lot of places try this with mixed results but Bistro Lamzou nails it. Stewed dishes like the Tagines are delicate and perfectly paired with fruit and nuts. The Branzino with basil is out of this woSpecial Features:
- From reading all of the reviews,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/17/2012From reading all of the reviews, I expected to like the food more than I did. Half of my party, however, really enjoyed their meals and I know they would gladly return.
- Food was excellent. LovedMatundaVIPDined on 3/16/2012Food was excellent. Loved the decor. Felt very comfortable. Will go back for drinks after work and dinner. Definitely a gem!Special Features:
- Ingredients are always ofmushDined on 3/11/2012Ingredients are always of the best quality and extremely fresh. Presentation of the food is very appealing. It is somewhat underseasoned, and the temperature is not always correct. Timing of the dishes is critical and needs to be worked on. We were a party of four for brunch. Even though there was only one other table, two of our dishes came out early and there was almost ten minutes wait until the other two dishes arrived. Needless to say, by the time everything was in place, the first 2 dishes were cold. We do love the atmosphere, service is lovely, tables are well spread apart so the noise level is confortable for conversation.Special Features:
- A true neighborhood gem....OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 3/4/2012A true neighborhood gem.... food, service & presentaion could not have been better. What a treat to find a restaurant where the noise level is quiet, your not sitting on top of fellow diners & the owners truly want to please the customer! Had brunch & dinner & I can't wait to go back again.Special Features:
- Wonderful Brunch - nice selectionOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/4/2012Wonderful Brunch - nice selection of standard and unusual items.... My go to place for a group and have never been disappointed.Special Features:
- You won't regret it!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/25/2012I really hope this one makes it - the food is factastic and reasonable. Such a great addition to the beighborhood.Special Features:
- Great good and large portions.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/18/2012Great good and large portions. I would definitely come again.Special Features:
- Wonderful selection of cheesesMirDreamsVIPDined on 2/18/2012We just came in for drinks and appetizers. The cheese and charcuterie were unsurprisingly (given the cheese bar they run next door) the stars, absolutely outstanding. The staff was very knowledgeable about their offerings and it was fun to try several variations of prosciutto at once. I'll definitely be back.Special Features:
- We ate there on Valentine'sOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2012We ate there on Valentine's Day 2012. It should have been a slam dunk for the staff but was far from it. Despite having enough staff and a PF menu they just couldn't get their act together. The food was fair at best, asparagus wrapped in prociouto(sp) was awful. My fish tasted like it came out of a box. The tomato soup was good. The Creme Brule was fair. The owner was more inrested in glad handing than managing his staff. Would not go back.Special Features:
- Ambiance and food very good.ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 2/14/2012Ambiance and food very good.Service seemed to deteriorate as the evening went on and the staff appear3ed to be overwhelmed and somewhat disorganized during Valentine day meal(special menu)
- your site says they specializemumblesVIPDined on 2/14/2012your site says they specialize in Mediterranean and north African cuisine. and unfortunately, they only offered a special menu for valentines day and there was nothing Mediterranean or north African on the menu.
- Delightful dinner. Very accommodat44dorDined on 2/10/2012Delightful dinner. Very accommodating staff. Hope they do well.Special Features:
- A real gem of a placeMJP60VIPDined on 2/7/2012A really wonderful dinner, food was superb service very good. This restaurant is a real find in a stretch of not very inspired dining choices.Special Features:
- We had an enjoyable eveningWeekenderVIPDined on 2/5/2012We had an enjoyable evening surrounded by a beautiful modern decor, delighted by beautiful backround music and our taste sense given wonderful aromatic flavors of the cuisine of Northern Africa. Our chouce for the evening was from the prix fixe dinner. I had a delicious roasted beet salad with toasted pecan, pecorino and vinaigrette followed by a mouth watering Moroccan chicken tagine. I chose for dessert dark chocolate molton cake which was the perfect ending for our dinner. My wife enjoyed very much her Ensaladill Verde, grilled salmon and dessert. Very attentive service. I would highly recommend Bistro Lamazou to anybody who wants a nice North African restaurant.Special Features:
- Excellent service. Very friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/2/2012Excellent service. Very friendly Great choice of mealsSpecial Features:
- Bistro Lamazou is a firstOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 1/29/2012Bistro Lamazou is a first class restaurant. The food was OOTW. I wil recommend Bistro Lamazou to my friends and clients.Special Features:
- This restaurant is just fabulous.KipsbayerVIPDined on 1/27/2012This restaurant is just fabulous. It begins with warm welcomes from the owner/operator. The decor is exciting. The atmosphere lively. The service is informed and attentive. But best of all is the wonderful food. It is authentic North African/French and absolutely delicious. The Tagines are perfectly seasoned and brilliantly prepared. This is a place that you want to return to oftenSpecial Features:
- Absolute GemOpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 1/22/2012The food here is TRULY outstanding North African/French Mediterranean: first rate ingredients, prepared impeccably as well as authentically. Amongst the many notable dishes, the beef tagine simply melts off the bone, and is infused with (but not overwhelmed by) aromatic spices. Even the salad aux fine herbs is brilliant. And if you don't finish off with the molten chocolate cake, which takes me back to when those were a new discovery, you should have your head examined. Divine cheeses and cured meats from the same sources as the wonderful gourmet shop of the same owners should be part of your meal as well. Too many good things to say about the food, and the people and place are both absolutely lovey as well. EnjoySpecial Features:
- Everything was tasty. We hadSpencerDined on 12/31/2011Everything was tasty. We had the prix fixe brunch ($20) and it was a good amount of food. I think our waiter may have been new and he was a little nervous/confused but extremely nice and attentive. It is bright and airy and not too loud or busy during the brunch hours which is a nice change of pace from all of the overly packed brunch places. The price was a little bit higher but we were able to have peaceful conversation without yelling over noise.
- the "cheese lady" and cheeseOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 12/30/2011the "cheese lady" and cheese plates were very good! we had spicey mussels in red wine (ok), the medd plate (ok), onion soup (yum) - and the cheese plate. i liked that it was larger than the typical nyc restaurant, and quiet - though we came early - the red and yellow bright lights were a bit too much for me.