Bistro La Bon
1322 Central Ave
Charlotte, NC 28205Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
Bistro La Bon
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bistrolabon.com/
- Phone: 7043334646x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: wed - Saturday: 11:00am - 2:30pm Dinner: monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm (Bar remains open until midnight); Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 2:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Contemporary European
- Executive Chef: Majid Amoorpour
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Bistro La Bon
Bistro La Bon that strives to create a unique culinary experience by utilizing the highest quality ingredients and superior execution of traditional cooking techniques by the multitalented kitchen staff for a very affordable price. We focus on our small plates to illustrate gastronomic creativity to produce appealing cuisine in a way that stimulates the palate both visually and texturally while extracting the maximum amount of flavor through proper cooking techniques.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
Bistro La Bon - Best Restaurants in Charlotte ›
Bistro La Bon reviews from OpenTable diners
110 reviews since July 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (77)fit for foodies (70)great for brunch (49)special occasion (43)romantic (34)good for groups (31)hot spot (18)notable wine list (15)late-night find (11)scenic view (7)great for lunch (7)vibrant bar scene (6)great for outdoor dining (5)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- Fab BrunchrmlmfaDined on 10/26/2014One of the best brunches in Charlotte. $20 gets you family style eggs, bacon, waffles and french toast, along with a 30-item brunch bar. Very good bloody marys. Service is top of the line, as well.Special Features:
- As usual, great food/servicePerpetualdieterDined on 10/24/2014We were a group of 7, celebrating the birthday of a friend. We ordered multiple orders of Mussels (of course), Korean BBQ, Serrano Ham, Lavender Chicken (great combo of pumpkin bread and curry. Who'd thought it!!!), Rack of Lamb, Tapanade Trio, Octopus, Salmon, and a couple of other dishes. As usual, the food was just great. Mussels are our favorite. But the Lavender Chicken was really good. Then, of course, brioche bread pudding with bourbon sauce is just to die for. Coffee and cappuccino are surprisingly rich in flavor. But the best part was the service. Our waiter (Darren?) was very attentive, funny, and helpful. He helped my friend's birthday extra special. We will be back soon. It is our "to-go" restaurant.Special Features:
- Has gone diwnhillSMDineVIPDined on 10/18/2014Had a very good experience the first time but it was very different on our return visit. From an overwhelmed waiter who was initially friendly then got busy and was unavailable and then began to yell at us for giving feedback to the manager who stopped by to ask us about our experience to very chewy short ribs and mediocre other dishes I am unsure whether we will return.
- Great!j3tpDined on 10/18/2014The food was fantastic, service was friendly. Bistro La Bon is a great place.Special Features:
- Wonderful brunchmccloughDined on 10/18/2014Four adults and a toddler enjoyed an outstanding brunch on October 18th. We arrived at opening time, 10:00 a.m., so it was quiet and we were seated promptly. All of us had a great dining experience. In particular, the Eggs Benedict and Salmon Benedict were perfectly prepared. We'll go back again.Special Features:
- will be backiarchDined on 10/10/2014Had a very good experience at Bistro La Bon. Very good food, Robert was an attentive waiter, and plenty of variety on the wine by the glass list. A definite find. Recommend the charcuterie plate and the mussels. Will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best brunchsteffers325Dined on 9/28/2014The Sunday brunch is fabulous. $20 for all you can fit-in-your-stomach delicious food. The coconut macaroons are amazing. My husband loves the smoked salmon -- he can't get enough of it.Special Features:
- UnimpressionableOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/26/2014I chose Bistro la Bon for my birthday dinner with my husband. I had heard great reviews and recommendations for this restaurant. We walked out thinking that our meal was OK. We ordered 7 or 8 small plates plus two drinks each. The best dish was the Lavender Chicken. We were disappointed in the dipping trio and the butternut squash risotto (hardly any risotto under all the veggies!). Our server was friendly, but was a bit inattentive. At one point he came by to refill our water glasses, but with both our wine and beer glasses empty, he did not ask if we would like another- we had to call him back to order. We didn't hate the meal, but won't be rushing to go back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/21/2014Great food at dinner and brunch. Interesting menu, not at all what you'd expect in a strip mall.Special Features:
- BabyjessshDined on 9/16/2014Great service. The food was good maybe not the best we have had but definitely still good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic birthday brunchFoodLoverDined on 9/14/2014Bistro La Bon's brunch is awesome -- the French Toast and chocolate waffles served at the table were delicious, and the variety on the buffet meant everyone could find something good. Our server was friendly and we had a great time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BrunchRichDined on 9/14/2014The Bistro Bon was a very pleasant location to have a real Sunday Brunch with friends. The service was attentive yet not intrusive and the quality and variety of the brunch offerings was varied and all well prepared. We had a great time.Special Features:
- Hits and MissesNCProfessionalVIPDined on 9/6/2014I was pleasantly surprised with the new look. Lovely! The food was hit or miss. The service started strong and went downhill. We had to ask for bread with the mussels, to see the dessert menu (after sitting 10 minutes with our table cleared off) and for the check. We ordered 6 small plates and 3 entrees and a dessert for 4 people. Only 9 of the items ever got served although all 10 appeared on the bill. The gnocchi was excellent but the bread pudding - one of their long standing signature desserts was cold and not what I expected. There were four of us sampling it and we did not finish the dish. Other tables came, ate and left while we waited so service may not have been as poor for everyone this Saturday night.
- Did not disappoint!AlmostAFoodieDined on 9/6/2014Good food with exceptional quality and attentive service. Our second visit here did not disappoint same experience as our first. Only downside would be is I would like to see a more expansive dinner menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent Food, Bad ServiceAnonyDined on 8/31/2014Food was pretty good, definitely more American than European in nature given the biscuits and gravy, mac & cheese and really sweet pastries. The brunch at Heist Brewery is a better bet for foodies, but it was definitely still enjoyable and offered a lot of variety. The service, however, was terrible given how little needs to be done for customers at a buffet, and the restaurant was not very busy. We basically needed water throughout and clean silverware one time, and had to ask multiple times or wait an extensive amount of time for both. The environment inside is ok, but outside is definitely less than desirable so I would not suggest going to this restaurant for a special occasion.
- FavoriteMKeastsDined on 8/27/2014Excellent meal, took guests from out of town, they were impressed!Special Features:
- Great tapas restaurantFAROUKDined on 8/25/2014Everything we ordered was succulent. I will return. I will recommend this restaurant you won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- COGirlwithSouthernTasteDined on 8/24/2014This was my husbands' birthday celebration and we invited another couple and their son (who happens to live in NoDa area) and we were thrilled that this was their FIRST experience. They LOVED the breakfast menu along with the superb food from the buffet bar. A wide range of tastes and food which all complimented each other. It was a great FOOD; SERVICE and ambiance experience for Sunday Brunch without a HUGE hit to your pocket. Mimosas didn't hurt either...;-} Love Love this place. Highly recommend for Sunday Brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunch buffetnat523VIPDined on 8/24/2014Went for the brunch buffet and was pleased again with a great meal. Great value too. My favorite items are the Swedish meatballs, smoked salmon, and brioche french toast, yum!Special Features:
- DissatisfiedPrettygirlDined on 8/23/2014I reserved in this place because was my husband birthday then I expecified especial requirements for this occasion and nothing I was tried like regular occasion .... So doesn't matter the customer no focus at all .Special Features:
- A unique dining experienceBlackeyeDined on 8/21/2014We shared three (3) small plates. Each was unique and different. The Brie Brûlée was delicious with apple chutney. Followed by Prince Edward Island Mussels in a saffron sauce. Mussels were a little small, but there were plenty and they were delicious. Finally, Pan Seared Scallops. There were only two (2) but they were huge and juicy and scrumptious. We had a bottle of wine which was excellent and reasonably priced. And, we finished with Bread Pudding for dessert. It was wonderful. I highly recommend Bistro La Bon.Special Features:
- Best kept secret in Charlotte.simplyschnelle02Dined on 8/20/2014Excellent food & the live band was entertaining. Our waiter Juan was awesome! Will definitely return for a visit. Do yourself a favor & get the watermelon beet salad! Fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/17/2014I went to brunch at Bistro La Bon following a glowing recommendation by a good friend and love it! Not only was it very cost effective but the every item on the buffet was delicious. I could tell that the chef was an expert because every dish from Swedish meatballs to the granola amd fruit salad was the among the best I ever tasted. Additionally, the buffet was constantly replenished and food was always fresh and hot! The atmosphere was very homey and classy and the staff was very attentive. This place is a gem! My fiance and I were so satisfied that we nibbled at dinner almost 5 hours later! I would recommend this place to anyone looking for a great brunch spot or for any out of town guests. Truly one of the best in Charlotte!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/17/2014Amazing food, great service and love the new tables inside and outside.Special Features:
- Very good flavorrealfoodieDined on 8/16/2014Good food but small plates are small. You can leave hungry id you don't eat the bread with it or order at least 3-4 per person if you are not a light eater. In the future I would order small plates as appetizers and then order a main course. They need a few more reasonably priced entree selections. Bread pudding dessert was really good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth a shotCheleDined on 8/3/2014We did brunch make a reservation the place is quite busy. I had to define Bellini for the bartender but that's what you do the further south you go. The meal was just ok for an all you can eat brunch not much variety. So not too bad for the cost of the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd timeroutonthetownDined on 8/3/2014Liked dinner better than brunch. The items directly from the kitchen were the most tasty.Special Features:
- Love the updates; server pushyCLTFoodieVIPDined on 8/2/2014We were presently surprised by the new layout, as well as the menu. Everything was good, but the server was a bit pushy. We had already shared seven small plates (including four meat dishes), and said we'd like the eggplant for "dessert." Instead of recognizing we were ending our meal, the server told us with four people we'd need two eggplants (not true) and that we had to try the meatballs. I said I wasn't hungry, but he said we had to try them, so we said OK. We didn't have our menus, so didn't realize this was an entree dish with an entree price! Needless to say, we weren't thrilled when we got the bill. We didn't feel like he guided us very well through our dinner. And, our pregnant friend wanted a mocktail, but bartender was out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bistro La Pretty GoodFatherKnowsBestDined on 8/2/2014Overall this was a pretty good place! The food was interesting. We ordered several of the small plates and shared them, and most of them were tasty. The service was fine, but not in any way exceptional. It's a lovely restaurant, despite it's location in a strip mall. I'll go back.Special Features:
- Brunch for 7tfossumVIPDined on 8/2/2014We had a Brunch meeting and this was a great place, delicious food and excellent service.Special Features:
- Great Food - Horrible SeatingRandaBugDined on 8/1/2014Don't understand why my partner and I were placed in back right corner at the only table which was different than all other tables & not sexy nor romantic! Service was decent, food was delicious and ambiance 0.Special Features:
- Accommodating ServiceBgorVIPDined on 7/30/2014We had a travelzoo voucher for 4 small plates, but were surprised restaurant week and their menu were extended. After inquiring, we were able to try the dishes we had hoped for and were impressed with the service and manager accommodation. We chose the saffron risotto, grilled octopus, scallops, and the rack of lamb. All of which were good but we had a few suggestions for each. Risotto and scallops were under cooked and needed a little more seasoning. Octopus was the star of the dinner but required a better balance of crunch, meaning more green beans. Lastly, the rack of lamb intrigued us, but the sauce was a little sweet. Overall, excellent dinner but could have been executed better. We enjoy Bistro La Bon, and will return.Special Features:
- Love it!dramaqDined on 7/29/2014My husband and I have been to Bistro La Bon for both their brunch and a weeknight dinner with friends. Both experiences were excellent! Great service, great food. Love their Bloody Mary Bar at brunchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014We stumbled unto this restaurant while planning a visit to Charlotte. It was a lovely experience. I would definitely recommend it. We took advantage of Restaurant Week in Charlotte. We had a delicious 4 course meal for $30. I think that deal expires on July 31.Special Features:
- Never disappoints.NativeCLTDined on 7/26/2014I'm not usually a Saturday lunch/brucnch person and since I was the resident expert joining a group of out-of-towners, I wanted to make sure his place had all the based covered: brunch and lunch options? Check. Good pastries? Check. Hot tea selection for the non-coffee drinker? Check. Eclectic neighborhood/atmosphere to showcase how far Charlotte has come in the last 10 years? Check! Having been for dinner before I knew the food would be top-notch and it was. Our server, Michael was attentive, patient, funny and sweet. We need to go back more often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleased my picky hubbyhkeatsDined on 7/25/2014My husband and I went to Bistro La Bon during Restaurant Week and really enjoyed it. We'd gladly go back and pay full price. We wanted to try this restaurant because their menu had the most options and looked delicious. We were not disappointed. We each ordered something different so we could try as much as possible. Additionally, my hubs was really happy because, even though it wasn't on the Restaurant Week menu, (but is on their normal dining menu) we were able to get an order of Iberico ham, one of his favorites! I'd definitely recommend this restaurant to those who are adventurous and even those who aren't... there are options for all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- THE BEST IN CHARLOTTE!GourmetVirginiaDined on 7/25/2014I recently dined two Friday's in a row and enjoyed both dinners. Bistro La Bon has been one of my top 3 in Charlotte and I enjoy the varied menus and the wine list. Plus if you desire the corkage fee is $15. so you can bring that special bottle of wine to dinner also. I need to go to a Sunday brunch as I hear that is also wonderful!Special Features:
- Restaurant weekduke15Dined on 7/25/2014Great food - the portions were a litlel smaller than the last time we did rerstaurant weeek, but the food was still awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timers pleasant surprise!PamelaDined on 7/25/2014Service was very attentive....Food was fantastic.... but the bread pudding was to die for!!! We will definitely be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A lovely neighborhood eaterymmm2Dined on 7/24/2014A fantastic little restaurant with eclectic menu and knowledgeable staff. They are good are reinventing the menu so each visit is a unique dining experience. I tried one of the cocktails that was a little sweet, but a good cool drink for summer.Special Features: