Bistro La Baia
1700 Lombard St
Philadelphia, PA 19146-1519Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Bistro La Baia
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bistrolabaia.com/
- Phone: (215) 546-0496
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Gabriel Puma
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: BYO Liquor, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Weekend Brunch
A word from Bistro La Baia
La Baia is a classic Italian Restaurant located in the Rittenhouse Square Area of Center City, Philadelphia, established in 1998 , serving lunch and dinner in a warm and welcoming atmosphere. We look forward to serving you at Bistro La Baia.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bistro La Baia reviews from OpenTable diners
19 reviews since August 1, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (14)romantic (4)good for groups (3)fit for foodies (2)great for lunch (2)special occasion (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Neighborhood gemOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/18/2014Excellent food,generous portions, very good prices. Noise level very comfortableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disgusted CustomerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/12/2014The appetizers were good but the entrees were horrible. The owner/host was improperly dress while reading a newspaper at another table. It’s a very small and congested space that is not very clean or well kept. In addition, there were numerous flies flying inside of the restaurant while attepmting to eat your food. I would not come back.
- Small, quaint neighborhood ItalianCdkatzVIPDined on 8/21/2014This was my second time here. We all had good meals with some highs and only a few missteps. The mushrooms and Caesar salad had great flavor as apps. Everyone who knows this place orders veal and chicken parm even though it's not on the menu! This small neighborhood gem is worth checking out or they do take out as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 10 reviews are from the Bistro La Baia reviews archive.
- Good, but basic ItalianWHTravellersVIPDined on 7/7/2014My wife and I tried this place during a recent Philly visit. Food was good, but only average Italian fare. And the Fish special was Tilapia???????? Pasta was good, but sauces were pretty heavy. Service was quick, professional, friendly. It was very quiet in the restaurant, there were only about 6 people there by 8:00pm. Overall, an OK little Italian pasta joint; BYOB which is a plus. Also, a good selection of various pastas and sauces. We probably will look more for an Italian place in this area of town during our next visit.
- YumfoodDined on 6/8/2014We went to celebrate an anniversary. The food was wonderful! Our waitress was sweet and accommodating. The kitchen hd no problem with our "special" requests. I would happily go back here again!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 5/10/2014Always reliable and well priced food. Friendly service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- update your websitetraceyDined on 4/28/2014I was looking at several restaurants online, many not open on Mondays. Based on the menu I chose La Baia. There were two items in particular both my mother and I were interested in. When we didn't see those items on the menu we question the gentleman and he replied they no longer have them, the website hasn't been updated in 18 months. Extremely disappointed! Food was ok, service was ok. The gentleman was not overly nice, or the least bit friendly. Would not return and would not recommend.
- A disappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/10/2014Were referred to this restaurant , but were not impressed. One of us ordered the lamb chop special, which was tender, but gamey tasting. The lobster ravioli was just bad. I would never recommend this restaurant, considering that I hear Philly is a food destination.
- Lovely little corner restaurantFoodFan18VIPDined on 4/5/2014Lovely little corner restaurant with good food served nice and hot. We were the only ones there at first and got good service. Six of us really liked everything we got, sharing several appetizers and entrees. I would go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RudeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/29/2014We were not seated until 45 min after our reservation, and then basically kicked out as soon as our meal was finished. Other places in the area are more accommodating.
- Good FoodloveitDined on 1/29/2014The food was good! Pasta was delicious and the mushrooms were awesome. The owners were the hostess and servers. They were nice but we felt like we were in their way the whole night when there was only 2 tables while we ate.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant WeekCMJCDined on 1/27/2014My husband and I went here for Center City Restaurant week, on such a cold night it was refreshing to come into a cozy well heated restaurant, food was amazing, service was excellent. Our first time here and definitely not our last!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- horrible seating and ambience146restaurantssampledVIPDined on 12/13/2013A nearly empty restaurant with all diners squeezed into one corner while the rest of the restaurant remained empty. About 3-4" of space between tables and with the chair backs jammed against each other. I eat out in Phila every night and have sampled over 160 different restaurants and this one goes on my short list of Never-to-return places. I felt thankful to escape. A very unpleasant dining experience. There were four two person tables (all crushed together) and we had to wait for two of them to leave before we could squeeze our way out.