6510 Washington Street
Yountville, CA 94599Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://bistrojeanty.com/
- Phone: 7079440103
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Sunday - Saturday: 11:30am - 10:30pm; Dinner: Sunday - Saturday: 11:30am - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Philippe Jeanty
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Philippe Jeanty invites you to host your special event at the Bistro. You will be pleased to discover a variety of dining options and accommodations to best suit your party. Our professional staff will assist you in finding the perfect escape, from a buy-out of the restaurant for large groups to the Bistro patio for a smaller intimate setting. Thank you for considering Bistro Jeanty to host your special event. We look forward to working with you and helping to make this occasion a great success.
- Private Party Contact: Nicole Norgard 7079440103
A word from Bistro Jeanty
In everyday French life, it is the Bistro that is woven into the daily pattern of meals and celebrations. The only French owned and operated restaurant in Napa Valley, Bistro Jeanty has been received by patrons from all over as a true French bistro. The warm interior is a reflection of the casual elegance you find in every meal. Classic dishes such as Mussels au vin rouge, Cassoulet, or of course Philippe’s famed Tomato soup make you feel as if you really have traveled into the French countryside. From all of us here at Bistro Jeanty we invite you to come and share in the excitement of dining.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFrench
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Bistro Jeanty - Best Restaurants in Yountville ›
Bistro Jeanty reviews from OpenTable diners
545 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (375)great for outdoor dining (285)special occasion (252)neighborhood gem (219)notable wine list (199)romantic (190)great for lunch (164)good for groups (91)hot spot (75)great for brunch (64)kid-friendly (27)late-night find (21)vibrant bar scene (17)scenic view (15)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/16/2014One of the best all around restaurants in Napa. Can hardly wait to try it again next time we are in the area.Special Features:
- Anniversary weekendOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/16/2014We were in Yountville for the weekend to celebrate our 30th weeding anniversary. The food was great; we had veal and the beef bourgenoine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Napa gemtexanDined on 9/15/2014Great food, cool ambience, excellent service. Feels like you've stepped into France to eat.Special Features:
- Wonderful MealOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/15/2014My husband and I went to Bistro Jeanty on Monday night. Our booking was for 6 o'clock so I cant comment on how it would be later at night. the service was outstanding, the food was delicious all in all we had a terrific meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lacked Follow-up to Service ProblemKarenDined on 9/15/2014Sent separate email to you today. Disappointing experience to problem incurred. They lacked business acumen. Will never return until it is addressed.Special Features:
- Relaxing lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/15/2014We had a wonderful relaxing lunch outside on the patio. The weather was perfect. Service and food was outstanding.Special Features:
- Bierthday Lunch at JeantyHanusiaDined on 9/15/2014I was there on the 15th for my girlfriends birthday. The food was wonderful as usual but the waiter was less that pleasant. We felt rushed, he was hovering over us, perhaps because there were very few people in the restaurant at the time. There was one item he suggested that both I and my friend did not like and that was the Rabbit pate, we just tasted it and mentioned that it lacked flavor, he did nothing about it, did not suggest something else and charged us for it. I also mentioned a little something with a candle for my friend, the waiter said "first look at the desert menu! I love Jeanty and have been there many time. Anna HinckSpecial Features:
- Wonderful spot -RandomPantryDined on 9/13/2014My husband and I enjoyed a wonderful dinner at Bistro Jeanty. The ambiance, traditional french menu and people were just perfect. Our meal was wonderful. I will say once we didn't take the advice of our wine pairing recommendation of our waiter he unfortunately turned a bit cold and less than wonderful. We didn't let him ruin our experience, but it was a bit of a bummer.Special Features:
- Bistro Jeanty always comes through!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/13/2014We have been returning to this restaurant for many, many years now and it has never been less than excellent! This time we were a group of six and everyone in the group raved about the place and want to return on our next Napa trip. While everyone loved the food, the highlights seem to be the beet salad and slow roasted pork shoulder, along with the warm apple tart and chocolate mousse crème brulee. A deep fried pigs foot appetizer special also was outstanding. They have a great wine list and, equally important for one of our friends, they make a dynamite martini.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- France in NapaOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/12/2014it is a real french restaurant, the food, the ambiance the decoration and a very good serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extremely noisylaffingwellDined on 9/12/2014I made the reservation several weeks in advance. It was a very warm evening, so I asked if we could sit outside. I was told "no." I needed to have reserved an outside table if we wanted to eat outside. As it was our first visit to this restaurant, I did not even know they had outside seating. We were taken to an inside table in a tight corner with extreme noise level. We were more than ready to leave the restaurant when our meal was complete. Though the food and service were very good, we probably will not return to Bistro Jeanty because of the very noisy atmosphere and haughty attitude of the hostess.Special Features:
- Traditional French CuisinepiedmontkongsDined on 9/12/2014Bistro Jeany was a reminder of my recent trip to Paris. The dishes were all prepared in the traditional French method...the good was vibrant and fresh! The one dish you must try is the tomato soup. Words escape me in my attempt to describe it...just try it and you will like it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a DelightGaryVIPDined on 9/12/2014We live in Marin and eat here monthly. The food and service are constantly top notch. Trusty and reliable like a long-time friend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better Experience Than Last TimeSalMemphisVIPDined on 9/11/2014Although the food here is always good, we swore we would never come back after sorry service the last time. We have skipped Bistro Jeanty the last 4 trips to NAPA. But we were having trouble finding a late night reservation. So we tried again. The food is wonderful and the service was ok this time. They all know we come for the food and ambiance so they are just a little full of themselves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great French Food!!TerriDined on 9/11/2014We were on a girls trip to Napa and staying in Yountville, CA. We had heard many people rave about the small restaurant Bistro Jeanty, but did not imagine it would be so wonderful. Our server, Gary, was terrific! He made suggestions to us that were perfect, along with the wines. We will definitely return to Bistro Jeanty, and will send our friends there also.Special Features:
- One day trip to wine countryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/11/2014The restaurant was good, but we arrived at 1:00 pm and were seated on the back of the patio, where all the curtains were closed due to the heat…we were adjacent to a table of friends/family of one of the employees. There were one or two tables up front near the sidewalk [that would be a lot better]. We finally moved inside, which was much better with ambience; however we had to rush off to meet our tour group [boo]. But with such an empty restaurant, we don't know why they initially seated us in such an odd spot. The food and service were good though. I would recommend the restaurant, but with specific seating instructions!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow!MomLovesFoodVIPDined on 9/10/2014This was our 1st visit and we will definitely be back! We had a delightful time dining on the back patio & had wonderful service. We brought a bottle of wine but they had a nice wine list. I took advice I'd been given & ordered the tomato soup served in a pastry covered bowl & boy, was I glad I did! It was incredible!! (The onion soup was also highly recommended so I'll have to try it next time.) My husband then enjoyed the Beef Bourguignon & absolutely loved it! I had the filet and it was simply wonderful! We had a fabulous evening & will definitely be back when in town.Special Features:
- ColletteOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/10/2014Best dinner this trip. Best Coq a Vin I've ever had. I might have been better off without the brandy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CTrauDined on 9/10/2014Exceptional dining! Dishes were very creative, presentation was beautiful.Special Features:
- The Best On Any OccassionCutiePieDined on 9/9/2014We have been dining at Bistro Jeanty since 2001. Always for our birthdays and often when we are craving casoulet. They make the best! In the winter, the fireplace table is quiet and romantic. Many times, we will come early, before dinner, or just stop in for a glass of wine at the bar where you meet friendly locals and talk with the always inviting staff.Special Features:
- Love the soupsChiefs67Dined on 9/8/2014Whether it is the tomato or the onion they are only the start to a great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- goodeatsDined on 9/8/2014A friend told me this was a must go place and it definitely is! We had a wonderful lunch dining experience on the patio. Everyone had the tomato soup puff pastry which was outstanding accompanied by the butter lettuce salad with the mustard vinagrette. Lunch ended with a delicious goat cheese ice cream and fig pastry. The food, ambiance, and waiter were all exceptional. The waiter was very knowledgeable about wineries and places to visit in the area.Special Features:
- Tried and trueLocalDinerDined on 9/7/2014Every time I go to Bistro Jeanty I am pleasantly surprised. It's not pretentious, but everything flows smoothly, with just the right touch of elegance and attention to detail. Our duck pate was divine, with a Chardonnay geletain sealer to add a touch of sweetness to the savory. My smoked trout salad was also delicious, with a perfect balance of robustness and lightness. It was filling without being heavy. My friends steak frites was also cooked perfectly, and even though we shared her frites, we couldn't eat all of them. We were never rushed, and spent over 2 hours enjoying the warm afternoon on the patio. If I can't be in France, I feel like I'm almost there when I eat at Bistro Jeanty.Special Features:
- France in YountvillesedonaVIPDined on 9/6/2014Bistro Jeanty has been consistently exceptional in food and service. The ambiance is wonderful - you feel like you are in a bistro in Provence - and the food makes you realize that there is a true French chef in the kitchen. They have a lovely patio that is covered so it can be used year around. One of our favorite places to dine in the Napa Valley!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome, as usual!TKAdineDined on 9/5/2014Our family's return to Bistro Jeanty was as wonderful as ever! We love all the food and have never had anything that wasn't absolutely delicious and very FRENCH! The fig tart with the goat cheese ice cream was a divine special dessert! Beth was an excellent and attentive server. Thank you. Can't wait for next year's visit!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentDaveNCollDined on 9/4/2014Great food and the best dessert, chocolate mousse creme brulee.Special Features:
- StanfromMADined on 9/4/2014If you like French cuisine, then you should really enjoy this restaurant. I ate what the staff recommended and it was delicious. Reservations a must.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Missed birthdaySondraDined on 9/4/2014Our reservation noted that it was my husband's 65th birthday celebration. He was not wished a Happy Birthday, the birthday event was totally over looked. I even asked if they had a special dessert menu it being his birthday, nothing and still no acknowledgement. Food was good, service was good, but it wasn't the birthday celebration I had hoped for.Special Features:
- Solid all around!MikeyBDined on 9/4/2014My wife and I stopped here for lunch based on a few recommendations from locals. We were not disappointed. The food was terrific!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KevinDined on 9/2/2014Food was very good a expected. Tomato soup was outstanding. Wait staff was outstanding also.I would recommend this to a friend.
- 3rd time hereOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/31/2014We keep returning on our trips to Napa Valley as the food and ambiance are exquisite. One cannot overstate the deliciousness of everythign on our table! We were disappointed in the service this time around, however, with a waiter that seemed more intent on gossiping with his colleagues that attending to his customers. He forgot to bring the tea, let our water glasses run dry (bad form when one of us was only drinking water) and generally had rude table-side manners.Special Features:
- Fantastic French ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/31/2014Living in the US for 9 years this restaurant is typical of what we miss from Europe. Terrific menu, ambience, service and most important the food. On a 5 day trip this place came out top, a far cry from our bottom pick -Harvest Moon Cafe in Sonoma. My wife had an awesome tomato soup with puff pastry, I had L'escargot. Both entrees were sublime French cooking at its best - Coq au Vin and Boeuf Bourguignon. This place was full before 6pm and turning people away when we left. Book in advance and eat in one of the best restaurants in the valley.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful but...OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/30/2014This was our third visit. I would only ask that they tune up and use their A/C more - it was near 100 degrees outside and inside we were perspiring even before eating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So good.CRSoCalDined on 8/30/2014On a recent rare trip to Napa, while we couldn't get into French Laundry or The Restaurant at Meadowood, we did manage to have a terrific meal at étoile - the tasting lunch menu. We liked that -- a lot. So when we found out that étoile was led by M. Jeanty early on in its history, off we went to Bistro Jeanty. It perfectly fits my concept of a bistro - comfortable, familiar, not at all formal and definitely not pretentious. We ordered way too much food wanting to try a little of everything. We shared all but the entree and should have shared that -- next time. Everything was superbly flavored and traditionally French. So if this is what you are looking for, Bistro Jeanty is fabulous. We enjoyed every bite of a variety of dishes.Special Features:
- artichokeDined on 8/30/2014after a long absence ..as good as ever, dinner well served appreciiated the suggestion for wine,,Special Features:
- Love French FoodFrenchFoodieVIPDined on 8/29/2014This was my second time to Napa from Chicago. It is one of my favorite restaurants. I have travelled to France many times and this reminds me of it. The Beef Bourgouignon if flavored perfectly and the carrorts are tender and tasty. The beef is as tender as can be. So worth the trip...I will be back. Our wait staff was very attentive.Special Features:
- Visiting from ChicagoOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014Great find right across the street from Villagio. Wonderful food selections, wine choices and atmosphere. Had to try their famous tomato soup in a puff pastry and so glad I did! It was so good in fact I finished the whole bowl and canceled my salad. Room for dessert tho! Wish it was in Chicago!Special Features:
- Yountville's BestnaparjwDined on 8/28/2014We live in Yountville and this is our favorite 5 star restaurant. The food is to die for. The wait staff is very attentive without being obvious. This is a great place to relax and have a fantastic meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014Visited the week after the quake and they had the place cleaned up, staff was very professional and accommodating when my dinner guest got lost and was a half hour late for our dinner reservation. Meal was very enjoyable.Special Features:
- A Bit of France in NapaOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 8/28/2014Anyone wanting to experience Classic French Cuisine without leaving the USA should go to Bistro Jeanty. It is as though somebody uprooted a French Bistro in Paris and set it down in Yountville.Special Features: