6510 Washington Street
Yountville, CA 94599Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://bistrojeanty.com/
- Phone: (707) 944-0103
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Sunday - Saturday: 11:30am - 10:30pm; Dinner: Sunday - Saturday: 11:30am - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Philippe Jeanty
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Philippe Jeanty invites you to host your special event at the Bistro. You will be pleased to discover a variety of dining options and accommodations to best suit your party. Our professional staff will assist you in finding the perfect escape, from a buy-out of the restaurant for large groups to the Bistro patio for a smaller intimate setting. Thank you for considering Bistro Jeanty to host your special event. We look forward to working with you and helping to make this occasion a great success.
- Private Party Contact: Nicole Norgard 7079440103
A word from Bistro Jeanty
In everyday French life, it is the Bistro that is woven into the daily pattern of meals and celebrations. The only French owned and operated restaurant in Napa Valley, Bistro Jeanty has been received by patrons from all over as a true French bistro. The warm interior is a reflection of the casual elegance you find in every meal. Classic dishes such as Mussels au vin rouge, Cassoulet, or of course Philippe’s famed Tomato soup make you feel as if you really have traveled into the French countryside. From all of us here at Bistro Jeanty we invite you to come and share in the excitement of dining.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFrench
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Bistro Jeanty - Best Restaurants in Yountville ›
Bistro Jeanty reviews from OpenTable diners
542 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (399)great for outdoor dining (263)neighborhood gem (223)notable wine list (221)special occasion (209)great for lunch (162)romantic (161)good for groups (90)hot spot (80)great for brunch (39)vibrant bar scene (27)kid-friendly (20)late-night find (13)scenic view (4)Show More
- Always exceptionalILoveTrufflesVIPDined on 11/24/2014We visit bistro jeanty every visit to the area and find it to be our favorite approachable (in otherwords not French Laundry) restaurant around. Always has spot on service, fantastic fresh food and a great atmosphere. Our server Daryl was an absolute delight. We will be back in a few months for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Long-time favoriteBillDined on 11/22/2014Bistro Jeanty has become a favorite for my wife and I. It is always certain to provide beautifully prepared authentic French bistro cuisine, fit to please the most demanding foodie. On this visit, the most magical dish was the epoisse & sauterne-poached pear cheese course, a truly inspired combination. Food is reasonably priced, though to pay the rent they charge roughly triple retail for wine which encourages us to not venture too far into the list. Sad, but whatever. Our Napa pinot noir was the second cheapest on the list, and still excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable Dining ExperienceOnePDined on 11/22/2014Among the many facets of a great lunch, it's difficult to choose which was the best. Our table on the patio for six was large enough to accommodate all the dishes, yet small enough to hear well in the midst of so many happy diners. Our waiter and his helpers were knowledgeable and witty without being intrusive. Raymond Reserve Chardonnay we all enjoyed. The food...oh my...was delicious from the escargot and marrow to the creme brûle, and all served at correct temperatures from piping hot (cassoulet) to warm (quiche). Did I mention the crusty French bread? Dipped in the escargot sauce? Yum! If it were possible, I would dine there 52 times a year. The menu has so many intriguing choices. A true five star bistro!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- French dining in NapaBillCVIPDined on 11/22/2014Truly authentic French dining in Napa. Small restaurant with excellent food, wine and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic French Food and AmbianceLunchPatronVIPDined on 11/22/2014What a wonderful menu! French techniques coupled with local ingredients from California results in dishes that dazzle the palate! We came here twice within two days. Friendly, helpful service as well~Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We can't wait to return!LeeDVIPDined on 11/21/2014Our waiter at Tre Vigne told us that Bistro Jeanty was his favorite place in Napa Valley. He even suggested the best dishes and we ordered them all. It was an absolutely delicious meal. We had the tomato soup en croute, the faux foie gras, steak au poivre, duck, chocolate creme brulee. Overall, one of our best dining experiences in Napa and that is saying something!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Now great outside dining at B.J.SBRGBCAVIPDined on 11/21/2014Bistro Jeanty never fails to provide excellent food and service. In the past, the dining area was a bit cramped, but now B.J. has heated, spacious outside dining along with the noise and tighter inside. The sole and duck confit were outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AuntMeemVIPDined on 11/20/2014Bistro Jeanty is still our go to restaurant because of the menu and consistency of the kitchen. I can never pass up a risotto special and this time was no different. Creamy, rich with rabbit and mushrooms it even tasted great the next day. The pork shoulder was fork tender, the beef stew was as good as ever and the filet medallions were cooked to perfection. Our waiter, Atiyeh, was attentive but not obtrusive. We are going to ask for him the next time we go to the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 11/17/2014This was our second time to Bistro Jeanty and we had outstanding meals both times. Great French food, excellent service. We'll definitely be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- drleoDined on 11/17/2014Authentic French bistro. Typical true French bistro menu, interesting and carefully prepared, and not fancied up. Steak tartare was very good. Good wine list, fairly priced. Comfortable, cozy setting, bar in front room and small separate dining area in back. Nothing fancy or over the top, just casual and comfortable. We all agreed that we would not hesitate to return.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Tomato SoupRomeoBravoDined on 11/15/2014Hands down best Tomato soup I've ever had. I usually don't order a soup when going out - especially when it's warm out but it lives up to the hype. The entrees however good, didn't live up to the benchmark of the soup. I had their steak frites and had a rather fatty/chewy cut. Not your typical selection for a steak frites. It was seasoned properly and cooked properly - just not the cut I was expecting. Other than that I would go back - wait staff was great and personable, a little crowded at prime dinner time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sosoDined on 11/15/2014We were there for a Saturday lunch. The service was friendly and attentive. We experienced both their daily specials and menu standard. All were well prepared and enjoyable. I appreciate the wide range of wine volume selections; a glass, 250ml, 500ml, 750ml.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing place!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/15/2014I really enjoyed this place, I tried every dish served in my table and every single one was very, very good. They have an excellent wine list, though all of them expensive. The food was innovative with classical touches and perfectly prepared and presented.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mussels and ratatouilleJudyDined on 11/15/2014The food was very good - tomato soup en croute, sole, mussels, ratatouille (really good), frites - very good service. The only complaint is that the napkins were full of lint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite Birthday Lunch Spot outside on the patioStormyDined on 11/15/2014Outdoor patio is fun, casual and at the same time elegant enough for a special occasion. Service is humorous and attentive. Had a wonderful belated birthday celebration for my 88 year old mom with family, friends and two small dogs who added yet another layer of humor and fun to the event. Although the food is gourmet, bistro French, everything about the place is approachable and comfortable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous late lunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/13/2014Went here for a late lunch after visiting several wineries. I had their beef stew...simply divine! I need to start working on my beef stew recipe....mine has never tasted anything like this!! Delicious. Hubby had the coq au vin that was goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local BestReginaldMolehusbandDined on 11/11/2014We wanted a special place to celebrate my son fleeing the nest. Bistro is not only our favourite restaurant but it is now his, described by him as "Awesome". Indeed it is. The sole and the beef stew are to die for, as is the smelt and the salmon carpaccio appetizer. A great reminder of the wonderful comforts of home! Only minor issue here that ever comes up is the noise levelSpecial Features:
- Good experienceWineloverDined on 11/11/2014This was a good experience. We enjoyed the food and had good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful foodDebster14VIPDined on 11/10/2014Bustro Jeanty, lives up to it's name as a classic French bistro. Loved it so much , went twice during our stay. Standouts- bone marrow , cassoulet and soleSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- French food Anyone? - Why Yes...Anyone!FoodieFamilyVIPDined on 11/9/2014French food done nicely - not overdone, so a safe bet for anyone that may be intimidated by a French restaurant. The tomato soup in puff pastry lives up to its fame. Creamy, rich, beautiful presentation, and delicious. French onion soup off the charts as well....stock is homemade, not over-salted, nice balance of onions:bread:cheese:broth. Our table had the pork shank, mussels, and steak au poivre. All three meals made for three very happy diners. Too full for dessert, sadly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AuntMeemVIPDined on 11/9/2014We eat here often when we are in the area. The food is consistently good, we know of at least 3 entrées that are always on the menu that we love, they still do 6 oysters for $9 Sun - Friday from 3:30 to 6 pm, and my husband loves the frites and the crème brulee. This night was no different except we were a party of five that arrived not too hungry. I had the rabbit special served with noodles in a creamy sauce with mushrooms and peas, my husband had the escargot, frites, and the beet salad, and our friends had an assortment of appetizers and salads. Everyone really liked their food except for the lamb tongue which was a first try for one of our friends. The service was a little off maybe a new waiter. We sat outside.Special Features:
- Simply OutstandingMichaelVIPDined on 11/9/2014This wine country gem should be on everyone's "must go" list. While the bistro atmosphere is comfortably Parisian Cafe, the food and service are world class. Bistro Jeanty has claimed a well-deserved spot in this foodie's top ten world wide list.Special Features:
- Like being in Paris!FoodWallahDined on 11/9/2014This is genuine French bistro cuisine. The menu has many of the classics -- cassoulet, daube de boeuf, quenelles, boeuf bourguigon, coq au vin -- all of which are prepared and presented beautifully. The food is a welcome change from the "California cuisine" that dominates restaurants in the wine country and Bay Area. At Bistro Jeanty, there is not a leaf of kale or a grain of quinoa to be found! B.J. offers a reminder why classic dishes have become classics; they've been perfected over hundreds of years, and THEY WORK. The wine list is excellent and offers a long list of wines available not only by the glass or bottle, but as a 250ml or 500 ml pitcher.Special Features:
- Hungry for ParisOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/9/2014I love the relaxed feel of this place – like a comfortable dining room in a friends home. I definitely would return to try more dishes. The salad Lyonnaise, duck-liver parfait, frites and the special for the day "crispy pigs foot" was outstanding. Great wine suggestion from our server a glass of Sancerre. Service was well-timed and friendly, wines were affordable."Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodnwineDined on 11/9/2014The food and the wait staff were outstanding, but the young woman at the entrance (the hostess) was unfriendly. She acted as if she would rather you didn't come and did not smile once when she showed us to our table. We watched her do the same with other customers. She has a job that requires the lowest skill level in the whole restaurant. But she's the first person a customer sees, and she gives a bad first impression. We showed up at 11:25 am for our reservation. The door was open, but the restaurant was not oficially open until 11:30. Instead of welcoming us and asking us to wait 5 minutes, she said in a surly tone of voice that the restaurant was not open. She needs to be trained better or get another job.Special Features:
- We'll be backkmacDined on 11/7/2014We come every year to Napa and Bistro Jeanty is on the top of my "must do" list. This place is incredible with so many unique dishes to choose from.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food in a lively atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/7/2014The food was simple but wonderfully prepared. The atmosphere was lively and fun, while the service was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic Country FrenchAudreysMomVIPDined on 11/7/2014Great resterant, great service. Coq a vin and beef stew are great. Wine list is a bit too expensive with no moderate options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PatCDined on 11/7/2014The Epaule de Porc had a very tasty sauce but the pork was tough and chewy.
- AnonymousDined on 11/3/2014Classic French bistro dining. Simple, traditional food, excellently prepared and served with proper timing by well trained and supervised staff.Special Features:
- A bit disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/2/2014We have eaten here before and enjoyed it very much, but this time we were seated at an enclosed outside patio. The lighting is quite dim and we were sat at a table located at the end of the room by a door that allowed cold air to come in. When we asked about putting on the heater above us, they did so, but warned us about it getting too hot - which it did quite quickly! As far as the food, the french onion soup is one of the best you can have; the beet salad did not have the right balance of oil to vinegar; the veal chop special was terrific; the rabbit dish was just so-so...disappointing in that it didn't have much flavor or seasoning. Could be that it was an "off" Sunday in the kitchen. We love this place though and will be back!Special Features:
- ANEWFANDined on 11/2/2014Finest meal I can remember. The service was only exceeded by the meal itself. All of our waiter's recommendations were spot on.Special Features:
- French charmerwileymaxDined on 11/2/2014We are from the East Bay and wanted a food-oriented day trip to meander and look at the wine country's changing foliage. Bistro Jeanty filled the bill perfectly for our lunch. They graciously accommodated our hour-earlier-than-reserved arrival. We both had Steak Frites and the Bearnaise on the ribeye was masterful! But the sides were also great from the lovely, crusty sourdough bread to the herbed fries and fresh baby spinach, adding greatly to the experience.Special Features:
- Lovely Evening and MealRobbJDined on 11/1/2014I had the Tomato soup and the Mussels. Both were outstanding. A little chilly outside, but once they turned on the heater it was much better. Have been there before, so it was nice to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific EveningFoodBugVIPDined on 11/1/2014It's quite a drive for us to go to Bistro Jeanty from Oakland, otherwise I'd be there more often. The restaurant combines the warmth and charm of a Parisian Bistro with delicious food and excellent service. The wine list is excellent, with a range of wines from very reasonably/affordable wine to "fit for a king" wine. My only wish is that there is a similar restaurant like that in San Francisco or Oakland so I don't have to drive so far for a perfect evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulEmmyDined on 11/1/2014Our son recommended Bistro Jeanty to us and we owe him a big thank you! The food was so good, service was attentive but not intrusive and we had an overall great experience there. We will definitely go back the next time we are in wine country.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food, bad serviceMarinFoodLoverVIPDined on 11/1/2014As regulars at Bistro Jeanty, we have found that the food is always delicious. Today was no exception. The beet salad was nicely balanced with citrus. The crust of the quiche was tender and flaky. The steak frites - wonderful. But our server was uncharacteristically indifferent. He didn't explain the specials, wasn't interested in offering wine pairing suggestions & didn't bother mentioning dessert. The service usually adds to the meal here. Too bad.
- Enchanting bistro from the outsideDae2000Dined on 10/31/2014the experience was fine, but when there are so many other superior options it felt like we wasted one of our evenings. The food was unexciting.
- BachausBachausDined on 10/31/2014Traditional classic French Bistro. Whenever we visit Napa we always have at least one and some times two meals here. Rivals the best Bistros in Paris. The wine list has lots of local favorites and all the classic Bistro French wines, many by the glass or carafe.Special Features:
- Love this PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/31/2014I have been to this restaurant twice, which was both times I have visited Yountville. A quaint, French restaurant with great food and service. My husband had the French Soup and Sole. Both were great. I had the Beef, which was good as well. I highly recommend this wonderful restaurant.Special Features: