6510 Washington Street
Yountville, CA 94599Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://bistrojeanty.com/
- Phone: 7079440103
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Sunday - Saturday: 11:30am - 10:30pm; Dinner: Sunday - Saturday: 11:30am - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Philippe Jeanty
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Philippe Jeanty invites you to host your special event at the Bistro. You will be pleased to discover a variety of dining options and accommodations to best suit your party. Our professional staff will assist you in finding the perfect escape, from a buy-out of the restaurant for large groups to the Bistro patio for a smaller intimate setting. Thank you for considering Bistro Jeanty to host your special event. We look forward to working with you and helping to make this occasion a great success.
- Private Party Contact: Nicole Norgard 7079440103
A word from Bistro Jeanty
In everyday French life, it is the Bistro that is woven into the daily pattern of meals and celebrations. The only French owned and operated restaurant in Napa Valley, Bistro Jeanty has been received by patrons from all over as a true French bistro. The warm interior is a reflection of the casual elegance you find in every meal. Classic dishes such as Mussels au vin rouge, Cassoulet, or of course Philippe’s famed Tomato soup make you feel as if you really have traveled into the French countryside. From all of us here at Bistro Jeanty we invite you to come and share in the excitement of dining.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFrench
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Bistro Jeanty - Best Restaurants in Yountville ›
Bistro Jeanty reviews from OpenTable diners
541 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (380)great for outdoor dining (284)special occasion (239)neighborhood gem (221)notable wine list (189)romantic (182)great for lunch (157)good for groups (83)hot spot (73)great for brunch (54)kid-friendly (27)late-night find (20)vibrant bar scene (17)scenic view (12)Show More
- Delicious dinnerMartyVIPDined on 9/28/2014We had a delicious meal here. My husband had the mussels and they were outstanding. I had their quiche and it was exquisite. Delightful meal.Special Features:
- Local EstablishmentSpunkersDined on 9/27/2014We have eaten many times at Bistro Jeanty, but cannot recall ever having the noise level so loud we could not hear our guests across the tabe in the back room. It was such a disappointment as we love the food and service. Unfortunately, we will not go back and we llive in St. Helena.Special Features:
- Feel like your in Paris!BAGSDined on 9/26/2014Absolutely fabulous meal. I am not sure how they do it but from the time you step in the door you are transported to paris. No frills menu but every dish every time we come is excellent. I had one of the best rabbit dishes I have ever eaten. My husband had a veal chop that also was to die for. This restaurant is consistently spot on. We have been coming for years. The food is so good you start telling the new diners sitting next to you what they need to eat! And voila, new friends as well,as great food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite Napa Spot!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/26/2014Bistro Jeanty never fails to provide a fabulous evening -- Great ambiance and classic French bistro cuisine prepared to perfection. The steak tartar is divine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch spot for surperb diningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014Group of four had a wonderful experience! It was great food and a wonderful atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- French Comfort food at bestOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/25/2014Great reliable classic French dishes. One of our favorites!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Phenomenal!BushbyDined on 9/25/2014I recommend this restaurant to anyone who will listen, and have for years!! Their pike quenelles in lobster sauce are insane, they're like pike soufflés, and you'll want to drink the sauce in a cup. And the lamb tongue salad...no words. Took my boyfriend there for the first time Thursday, after having been building it up for the 9 months we've been together, and he was absolutely not disappointed!! Can't wait to go back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- French cuisine at it's bestSimigagDined on 9/24/2014We've been several times already at Bistro Jeanty, and it is always a pleasure coming back to this very nice place. It's kind of crowded in the evening and some time loud, but this seems to be normalSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great french comfort foodNestorVIPDined on 9/24/2014My wife and I enjoyed everything we ate and the service was terrific.Special Features:
- Great meal!JePoDined on 9/24/2014A lovely experience in wine country. Great service and great food. I especially enjoyed the mussels.Special Features:
- greatNickDined on 9/24/2014Always a pleasure to dine at Jeanty- the quiche is to die for- I had a steak this time and it was perfectSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best Cuisine grand'mere in NapaDeuxmangeursDined on 9/24/2014French home cooking. Warm atmosphere. Country bistro appeal. tres jolie. We stop in for or five times a year because it can get pricey. BUT you always always get what you pay for. Legendary Boeuf Bourguignon... affable waiters... we always feel we are made to feel like family when we dine here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentCarolVIPDined on 9/23/2014The wine, food and service was fantastic! We will be back on our next journey!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food as alwaysAnnaDined on 9/22/2014we went as a group and enjoyed our orders... the casoulet, the rib eye, the coq au vin, and the petrale sole and a few starters. my definition of comfort french food. their food is consistently pretty and tasty and i keep coming backSpecial Features:
- Great FindOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/21/2014We truly enjoyed our dining at the Bistro Jeanty. The food was great and the service was superb. We will eat there again once we return to the Napa area.Special Features:
- Great FoodkoolkatDined on 9/21/2014We were seated immediately with a reservation. The ambiance is charming and clean. The food was excellent. One of the best sole dishes I have ever had. It is what you would expect in French style cooking.Special Features:
- Memorable Experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/20/2014Our entire experience was perfect! From the hostess, to the bartender Sarah, to our waiter Atiyeh who promised our lunch would be special and it was! The service was exceptional, the food was devine, the atmosphere impeccable! They even accommodated the large stack of gifts I brought with me as it was my best friend's birthday. As I live in Sacramento, we visit the area approximately twice a month. I will be adding it to our favorite places to dine in the wine country.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding restaurant. A 10.Godoffire1Dined on 9/19/2014outstanding good, service and a great vibe. A real gem in Yountville.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RLSSFDined on 9/19/2014Always, Bistro Jeanty is a dependably good restaurant in the Napa Valley. The staff is considerate and efficient. The environment is quite comfortable and could be in Province. Parking is never a problem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant in Yountville!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/19/2014We found many people who recommended Bistro Jeanty to us as a "must visit" while in Napa. I would say that it truly was a great restaurant. The atmosphere was unique, the outdoor patio was great for dining and the food was top shelf. I also felt that the prices were reasonable for this caliber of restaurant. The only thing that was disappointing was we waited well over an hour for our food. As I suspect this was atypical, I wouldn't assume they don't have great service. In fact, I found our server was knowledgeable and helpful and tried his best to keep us full with drinks, etc. while we waited. I would strongly recommend this restaurant and would certainly have it on my list when I come back to Napa.Special Features:
- Delicious!LocalsDined on 9/19/2014We brought friends here, and as always, they agreed it was their best meal. The mussels are amazing, and short ribs just as tender as can be. Service was superb. This is a go-to favorite for us!Special Features:
- Always great!CBrandonDined on 9/19/2014We have met relatives here two years in a row and have the best time. The food, wine, and service are excellent! I never can remember exactly what I ordered, but the whole experience is wonderful. I am sure we will try to eat here each time we visit Napa!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/19/2014have been going to BJ for years. Food this year was less than interesting, but what really made me realize I was never going back was the waiter. Either he was in a bad mood or he outright didn't like us, but the feeling of hostility toward us was palpable. Never had this feeling in a waiter before. It was stunning, and took me 24 hours to forget. That guy should never serve another person in his life----or this restaurant is on a way-downward, unavoidable skid....
- omenabobDined on 9/16/2014One of the best all around restaurants in Napa. Can hardly wait to try it again next time we are in the area.Special Features:
- Anniversary weekendOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/16/2014We were in Yountville for the weekend to celebrate our 30th weeding anniversary. The food was great; we had veal and the beef bourgenoine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Napa gemtexanDined on 9/15/2014Great food, cool ambience, excellent service. Feels like you've stepped into France to eat.Special Features:
- Wonderful MealmatskaDined on 9/15/2014My husband and I went to Bistro Jeanty on Monday night. Our booking was for 6 o'clock so I cant comment on how it would be later at night. the service was outstanding, the food was delicious all in all we had a terrific meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lacked Follow-up to Service ProblemKarenDined on 9/15/2014Sent separate email to you today. Disappointing experience to problem incurred. They lacked business acumen. Will never return until it is addressed.Special Features:
- Relaxing lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/15/2014We had a wonderful relaxing lunch outside on the patio. The weather was perfect. Service and food was outstanding.Special Features:
- Bierthday Lunch at JeantyHanusiaDined on 9/15/2014I was there on the 15th for my girlfriends birthday. The food was wonderful as usual but the waiter was less that pleasant. We felt rushed, he was hovering over us, perhaps because there were very few people in the restaurant at the time. There was one item he suggested that both I and my friend did not like and that was the Rabbit pate, we just tasted it and mentioned that it lacked flavor, he did nothing about it, did not suggest something else and charged us for it. I also mentioned a little something with a candle for my friend, the waiter said "first look at the desert menu! I love Jeanty and have been there many time. Anna HinckSpecial Features:
- Wonderful spot -RandomPantryDined on 9/13/2014My husband and I enjoyed a wonderful dinner at Bistro Jeanty. The ambiance, traditional french menu and people were just perfect. Our meal was wonderful. I will say once we didn't take the advice of our wine pairing recommendation of our waiter he unfortunately turned a bit cold and less than wonderful. We didn't let him ruin our experience, but it was a bit of a bummer.Special Features:
- Bistro Jeanty always comes through!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/13/2014We have been returning to this restaurant for many, many years now and it has never been less than excellent! This time we were a group of six and everyone in the group raved about the place and want to return on our next Napa trip. While everyone loved the food, the highlights seem to be the beet salad and slow roasted pork shoulder, along with the warm apple tart and chocolate mousse crème brulee. A deep fried pigs foot appetizer special also was outstanding. They have a great wine list and, equally important for one of our friends, they make a dynamite martini.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- France in NapaOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/12/2014it is a real french restaurant, the food, the ambiance the decoration and a very good serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extremely noisylaffingwellDined on 9/12/2014I made the reservation several weeks in advance. It was a very warm evening, so I asked if we could sit outside. I was told "no." I needed to have reserved an outside table if we wanted to eat outside. As it was our first visit to this restaurant, I did not even know they had outside seating. We were taken to an inside table in a tight corner with extreme noise level. We were more than ready to leave the restaurant when our meal was complete. Though the food and service were very good, we probably will not return to Bistro Jeanty because of the very noisy atmosphere and haughty attitude of the hostess.Special Features:
- Traditional French CuisinepiedmontkongsDined on 9/12/2014Bistro Jeany was a reminder of my recent trip to Paris. The dishes were all prepared in the traditional French method...the good was vibrant and fresh! The one dish you must try is the tomato soup. Words escape me in my attempt to describe it...just try it and you will like it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a DelightGaryVIPDined on 9/12/2014We live in Marin and eat here monthly. The food and service are constantly top notch. Trusty and reliable like a long-time friend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better Experience Than Last TimeSalMemphisVIPDined on 9/11/2014Although the food here is always good, we swore we would never come back after sorry service the last time. We have skipped Bistro Jeanty the last 4 trips to NAPA. But we were having trouble finding a late night reservation. So we tried again. The food is wonderful and the service was ok this time. They all know we come for the food and ambiance so they are just a little full of themselves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great French Food!!TerriDined on 9/11/2014We were on a girls trip to Napa and staying in Yountville, CA. We had heard many people rave about the small restaurant Bistro Jeanty, but did not imagine it would be so wonderful. Our server, Gary, was terrific! He made suggestions to us that were perfect, along with the wines. We will definitely return to Bistro Jeanty, and will send our friends there also.Special Features:
- Tomato Soup was spectacularSaraBDined on 9/11/2014If you go for lunch or dinner you must try the tomato soup served in a puff pastry. It was really delicious! Others in our party had the short ribs and said they were very flavorful.Special Features:
- One day trip to wine countryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/11/2014The restaurant was good, but we arrived at 1:00 pm and were seated on the back of the patio, where all the curtains were closed due to the heat…we were adjacent to a table of friends/family of one of the employees. There were one or two tables up front near the sidewalk [that would be a lot better]. We finally moved inside, which was much better with ambience; however we had to rush off to meet our tour group [boo]. But with such an empty restaurant, we don't know why they initially seated us in such an odd spot. The food and service were good though. I would recommend the restaurant, but with specific seating instructions!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.