6510 Washington Street
Yountville, CA 94599Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://bistrojeanty.com/
- Phone: 7079440103
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Sunday - Saturday: 11:30am - 10:30pm; Dinner: Sunday - Saturday: 11:30am - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Philippe Jeanty
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Philippe Jeanty invites you to host your special event at the Bistro. You will be pleased to discover a variety of dining options and accommodations to best suit your party. Our professional staff will assist you in finding the perfect escape, from a buy-out of the restaurant for large groups to the Bistro patio for a smaller intimate setting. Thank you for considering Bistro Jeanty to host your special event. We look forward to working with you and helping to make this occasion a great success.
- Private Party Contact: Nicole Norgard 7079440103
A word from Bistro Jeanty
In everyday French life, it is the Bistro that is woven into the daily pattern of meals and celebrations. The only French owned and operated restaurant in Napa Valley, Bistro Jeanty has been received by patrons from all over as a true French bistro. The warm interior is a reflection of the casual elegance you find in every meal. Classic dishes such as Mussels au vin rouge, Cassoulet, or of course Philippe’s famed Tomato soup make you feel as if you really have traveled into the French countryside. From all of us here at Bistro Jeanty we invite you to come and share in the excitement of dining.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFrench
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Bistro Jeanty - Best Restaurants in Yountville ›
Bistro Jeanty reviews from OpenTable diners
528 reviews since May 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (352)great for outdoor dining (272)special occasion (265)neighborhood gem (198)romantic (193)notable wine list (192)great for lunch (159)good for groups (85)hot spot (69)great for brunch (66)kid-friendly (23)late-night find (20)scenic view (14)vibrant bar scene (12)Show More
- Visiting from ChicagoOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014Great find right across the street from Villagio. Wonderful food selections, wine choices and atmosphere. Had to try their famous tomato soup in a puff pastry and so glad I did! It was so good in fact I finished the whole bowl and canceled my salad. Room for dessert tho! Wish it was in Chicago!Special Features:
- Yountville's BestOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/28/2014We live in Yountville and this is our favorite 5 star restaurant. The food is to die for. The wait staff is very attentive without being obvious. This is a great place to relax and have a fantastic meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014Visited the week after the quake and they had the place cleaned up, staff was very professional and accommodating when my dinner guest got lost and was a half hour late for our dinner reservation. Meal was very enjoyable.Special Features:
- Still wonderfulBATDDined on 8/27/2014If you are thinking traditional French food, Bistro Jeanty is terrific. Lively vibe, friendly, unstuffy and knowledgeable service. Quenelles of pike with lobster sauce were airy and rich, steak frites was done just right and the fries were tiny and crispy in their cone, roast pork shoulder with winter squash, Brussels sprouts and lardons was rich and flavorful. Excellent wine list at pretty reasonable prices for Napa Valley. Just a very nice dinner in a pretty place. We will be back.Special Features:
- The best!greatVIPDined on 8/26/2014Wonderful restaurant for all ages! Outstanding menu choices. Servers know how to be attentive to all the customers' needs. Once the food arrives you know your dining experience will be outstanding. Can't go wrong with whatever you order. Looking forward to the next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ahhhh, a good eveningLarryTDined on 8/25/2014Have dined here many times. Previous visit was a bit sub-par but this time everything was as it should be. Food was terrific (tomato soup, filet a poivre, rack of lamb, hanger steak), service was good, and the outdoor dining was just right with a beautiful evening temp of about 75. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Salty with terrible serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 8/23/2014All the dishes are super salty. I would recommend asking to lower salt, but then risk there being no taste. Service was terrible. All servers act like you're wasting their time.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/23/2014My wife and I cannot believe that this restaurant has been so highly rated. We anticipated a much more enjoyable experience given previous reviews. Perhaps it was the busy Saturday night crowd. All of us, including my son, agreed that all of the food was markedly salty, although tasty; the three of us ordered distinctly different dishes. Moreover, my coq au vin, even though it used a thigh and leg, was dried out. At least as distressing was the service. The waiter seemed largely indifferent, although he offered a cursory pleasantry. There were only a couple of in-passing inquiries about our food. The wait between the appetizers (including a mostly tasteless beet salad) and the entrees took at least a half hour. Disappointing!
- Great lunch spot, very FrenchoperavinDined on 8/23/2014A friend passed on this place since they serve rabbit and various pates. Well, it's French, baby! My wife was tickled pink that I found this place in TripAdvisor and I was thrilled she was tickled. Make a reservation as they get busy. Front dining room is cramped, not sure about the back but the dog friendly outdoor seating area (very Parisian) is fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bistro Jeanty is above & beyondCotagnaDined on 8/23/2014My husband and I had lunch again on our 2nd visit to Napa....one of the few we revisited. It was, if anything, even better than the first time! The tomato soup...out of this world, the coq au vin, superb and the crepe Suzette is the best I've ever had. The diners on either side were lustingfor that as well! My husband left his credit card by mistake and, when we called later, they said they had it and even offered to send it to our home. We both lobe Bistro Jeanty!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- southerncalboyDined on 8/21/2014Our first time to the Napa Valley and Yountville. This is a must restaurant. Great food, wonderful ambiance and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Paris in the USAOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/20/2014Our favorite place in the Napa area. It is just like being in a cafe in Paris. The food is always excellent. I never bring my own bottle of wine there as they have a nice selection of French wines that just seems appropriate for the occasion.Special Features:
- Very nice restaurant.Muriel1912Dined on 8/20/2014Wines a bit pricey. Food choices very good. Service excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chef is Awesome...MainiacDined on 8/19/2014Rack of lamb was fab. Do not rush you. Cozy, intimate, lots of energy.Special Features:
- A reliable standbyTime2EatVIPDined on 8/19/2014We visit Bistro Jeanty for lunch once a year. It never disappoints. The same classic bistro dishes are always on the menu. There are unexpected daily specials. The preparation is excellent. The noise level is less than restaurants in San Francisco and we can easily have a conversation.Special Features:
- Quick trip to NapasognidoroDined on 8/18/2014When my daughter invited me to fly standby with her on a quick trip to PARIS, I quickly agreed; however, the flights all looked full on such short notice. So we decided instead to fly to San Francisco then enjoy the Napa Valley. Our first night there, Monday, August 18, I booked Bistro Jaunty. What a delight! We might as well have been in Paris, as we ate great pate, lovely cheeses, pork cooked to perfection, and drank a resounding pinot from Merry Edwards. Our waiter was everything we could have asked for. We can not wait to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Paris in NapaOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/17/2014Bistro Jeanty provides the flavors and tastes of Paris in Napa, using the best of California materials - quenelles in lobster sauce, duck confit, lamb tongue and potato salad, country style pâté, cassoulet, salad nicoise, steak frites along with a well chosen, reasonably priced wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not great for brunchhealthyeaterVIPDined on 8/17/2014We were hoping for eggs and other breakfast or brunch food, but the menu was heavy with french food that was rich and beautifully presented, but not so great at 11:00 in the morning. I imagine that it would be lovely for dinner.Special Features:
- Fantastic FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 8/17/2014Our lunch consisted of a deep-fried pig's foot, served with a delicious mustard sauce and perfectly fresh watercress leaves. We enjoyed an heirloom tomato salad and their famous tomato bisque soup under a puff pastry. Topping this scrumptious lunch was the fish special, pan seared halibut with a saffron fennel cream sauce, topped with a tomato coulis. We brought our own Piaugier Cote du Rhone Blanc which married beautifully with the halibut dish. These married flavors were tremendous! Dessert was also a special of peach galette with Creme Fraiche ice cream - absolutely delicious. Never a disappointment here.Special Features:
- need more categories in #2OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/16/2014I would classify Bistro Jeanty as: - loud - place to socialize with friends over French comfort food - decent desserts but expected more from French style - easy to get last minute reservation
- Best of all possible meals!lagourmandiseDined on 8/16/2014My sister and I both pronounced our meal at Bistro Jeanty a one-of-a-kind meal. The ambiance was comfortably informal and bistro-like, the menu choices were classic French bistro also, but extraordinarily well prepared. The wine list was extensive (too extensive for me, but then, we were in Napa...). The portions were generous but not immodest. And the wait-staff were exceptionally great: attentive but not intrusive, personable, knowledgeable, and charming. We were received like long-time patrons although we'd never been there before. We felt welcomed, never rushed. And the food...the food: home-smoked trout, the extraordinary tomato soup, rack of lamb perfectly cooked. Ahhhh....Special Features:
- Server DarrylOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/16/2014Darryl was one of the "worst" servers we have ever had in a restaurant. He was rude, pushy, rolling his eyes, impatient, shall I go on? He opened our wine and poured 1/2 glass each for my wife & I and never touched the bottle again. He filled my water glass first and then my Wife's. He tended to a bigger party and forgot about us. The escargot and rabbit was amazing. The salmon carpaccio was drowning in olive oil. No apologies from him or anything. It was a horrible experience and I hope the restaurant does something about Darryl....
- TastybugvetDined on 8/16/2014Met up with some friends for a nice dinner. The food was all excellent. Wide variety with nice daily specials. Laid back atmosphere with good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cute Yountville RestaurantHoriaDined on 8/16/2014This popular gem is right up there with some of the top tier restaurants, but at reasonable prices. Great atmosphere and fast service. Food was simply amazing and we'll definitely be back for more!Special Features:
- A GemInternationalTravellerDined on 8/16/2014We had dinner at Bistro Jeanty for the first time last weekend and we will definitely come back. We're very pleased with the food, the service and the price. This is a solid, well run restaurant with "old world" ambiance and we are so glad to find this type of restaurant still exists in Napa. A gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bistro JeantyButteredDined on 8/16/2014Very accommodating with the reservation since we wanted to eat at their patio area; there were few large (6+) parties and initial service was okay; server was able to overcome the hectic atmosphere and provided very good service afterwards. Food presentation okay; large portion so there's definitely value for those looking for that - otherwise, nothing special. I felt that the restaurant does a better job with meat dishes over fish dishes (too heavy with butter - I know it's French but it takes away from the taste of the dish). Wine selection is good but expected at Yountville.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/15/2014We were very excited based on getting recommendations from 2-3 of the wineries that this was a great spot. The table was cramped and the noise made it tough to chat. The onion soup and salads were tasty but the entrees were bland and over cooked. The Coq au Vin had a very bland sauce and the chicken was tough and tasteless. It could have been an off night but disappointing indeed.
- classic french bistroOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/15/2014dunno why, but a quiet Friday for Yountville was an opportunity to grab a table at one of our favorite restaurants. Sat outside in perfect end of summer evening. We shared Pike Dumplings in Lobster sauce; Salad Lyonaise; steak frites; and a bottle of burgandy followed with bread pudding we were so full we could not finish ... always an excellent combination - though prices have gone up a bit. The steak was the standout - slightly charred on the outside, but pink inside with Bearnaise sauce and greensSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- France in YountvilleOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/14/2014French bistro feel both inside and out (esp. on the porch where we dined-- it was even loud out there). Good assortment of wines by the glass if you don't feel like paying a corkage fee or buying a whole bottle. Service was great--server happy to answer questions about the menu, on top of water/coffee refills. Ordered 2 specials- an heirloom tomato salad appetizer with perfectly ripe tomatoes, though would've been even more delish w/more cheese or less vinegar; and a perfect halibut with buttery sauce and vegs. MMM! Husband had the ribeye with yummy, thin, crispy fries-- meat's internal temp perfect but slightly too charred on the outside. Shared apple tartin for dessert - a hot, sweet end to a satisfying meal.Special Features:
- jerryJerryDined on 8/13/2014Same menu and food after all these years, and still the closest approximation of a French bistro you'll find. All the traditional dishes, few trendy notes, great service, and decent prices. Can't beat it!
- Delicious rabbit and great servicemadeleineDined on 8/12/2014Our rabbit entree was delicious. The waiter was excellent. Overall, a pleasurable evening and lovely ambience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/12/2014Fantastic food and service. This is one of our all-time favorite restaurants and a must to visit when we're in Yountville.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- greatOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/11/2014The service was exceptional. Great knowledge by the waiter who was mature and personable. However it would have been worth it for the Tomato Soup alone....yes, Tomato soup. As a carnivore from Texas I never thought I would write that! However, I have been re working the remainder of my trip to try to get back for more of that soup! Everything else was tasty as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedggalDined on 8/11/2014Although the food was good..not outstanding, lacked really interesting seasonings. ..the noise level was soooooo high we could not even have a conversation. I just wanted to eat as fast as I could and get out oft there ! Peach tart was delicious!Special Features:
- RaeRaeDined on 8/11/2014Wonderful restaurant with superior service and fantastic food. There are always specials but the majority of menu items have been on the menu for years and repeat clientele looks forward to enjoying them over and over. The tomato soup with puff pastry top is amazing. The sole, the cassoulet, stew,quiche all the salads ...really you can't go wrong with anything on the menu!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Way Too Noisy!9463Dined on 8/10/2014It's so crowded that I had to yell to speak at my table. I reserved a table & requested a patio table, but I was refused.Special Features:
- Noisy Beyond CompareJimSDined on 8/9/2014We have eaten here many times and had never experienced the rude noise that resulted from the restaurant seating 2 groups of 5 people each next to each other in the outdoor area. The waiter explained that they limit groups to 5 people to combat this but that these people had figured out a way to beat the system.That they were seated together made me wonder if the restaurant cared. The entire dinner was mayhem, with loud talk, shouting from one end of their tables to the end of the other, overly-boistrous laughing. When they finally left, as we were paying our bill, most other patrons expressed the same feelings. No comps were offered us for our discomfort. The food was excellent, especially the quennelles. The service was also excellent.Special Features:
- Will be back againMikeDined on 8/9/2014Every single thing we had, from appetizers to entries to dessert was to die foe. Will be back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always wonderfulVirginiaDined on 8/9/2014Back again to Bistro Jeanty...never tire of it...everyone I bring just love it....great food, attentive professional help and always a wonderful night out...Special Features:
- Casual yet excellent food.twee58Dined on 8/9/2014I passed by this restaurant last year but didn't have chance to try out, yet I really liked the casualy frenchy atmostphere. My sister recommended me to try, so I reserved for a lunch with my friends. We had such a wonderful lunch, everything was delicious!!! We all enjoyed the good food, the romantic outdoor sitting, the friendly service....I will definitely come back.Special Features: