6510 Washington Street
Yountville, CA 94599Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://bistrojeanty.com/
- Phone: 7079440103
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Sunday - Saturday: 11:30am - 10:30pm; Dinner: Sunday - Saturday: 11:30am - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Philippe Jeanty
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Philippe Jeanty invites you to host your special event at the Bistro. You will be pleased to discover a variety of dining options and accommodations to best suit your party. Our professional staff will assist you in finding the perfect escape, from a buy-out of the restaurant for large groups to the Bistro patio for a smaller intimate setting. Thank you for considering Bistro Jeanty to host your special event. We look forward to working with you and helping to make this occasion a great success.
- Private Party Contact: Nicole Norgard 7079440103
A word from Bistro Jeanty
In everyday French life, it is the Bistro that is woven into the daily pattern of meals and celebrations. The only French owned and operated restaurant in Napa Valley, Bistro Jeanty has been received by patrons from all over as a true French bistro. The warm interior is a reflection of the casual elegance you find in every meal. Classic dishes such as Mussels au vin rouge, Cassoulet, or of course Philippe’s famed Tomato soup make you feel as if you really have traveled into the French countryside. From all of us here at Bistro Jeanty we invite you to come and share in the excitement of dining.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFrench
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Bistro Jeanty - Best Restaurants in Yountville ›
Bistro Jeanty reviews from OpenTable diners
549 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (389)great for outdoor dining (290)neighborhood gem (230)special occasion (223)notable wine list (193)romantic (168)great for lunch (155)good for groups (87)hot spot (81)great for brunch (46)kid-friendly (26)vibrant bar scene (21)late-night find (18)scenic view (10)Show More
- Love this placeGloriaDined on 10/20/2014Food is fantastic, setting is charming, location is great! I have been to Bistro Jeanty many times and asked to come here for my birthday lunch. Only problem is being overly full for hours afterward because it's so hard to choose.Special Features:
- Very happy!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014The dining experience was excellent! Business was booming, but still intimate. Our waiter was exceptional...very attentive and friendly. The chocolate martini was perfect...very happy! Our 1st visit, but not our last.l .I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/17/2014Everything was good about Bistro Jeanty. We usually eat here on every trip to wine country. This time 2 of the four orders were almost to salty to eat. Certainly not enjoyable. The other entree were superb.Special Features:
- Dinner and a drinkDinnerandadrinkDined on 10/17/2014Had a fabulous dinner - veal Chops and Syeak Au Poivr. Brought a Chappellet Cab Franc to drink and they gladly obliged!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/17/2014I have eaten at Bistro Jeanty many times and always had a great experience with great food and great service. We sat down, there were four of us, after a long wait our waiter took our order, he kept insisting that I and one other in our party order a drink - I had to say no three times. He was pushy and rude. When we ordered he again wanted us to order more and we had to keep saying no thank you. Maybe ask twice if you are sure you did not want something but three times is a bit much and with an attitude, is totally unnecessary. We did not get any food for an hour and even though he said he would bring fries to tie us over he only did it when the rest of the food came. The whole experience was not very pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- French Bistro GemFrancesNapaVIPDined on 10/16/2014We are so lucky to have this restaurant in Yountville, and we have been going here since it opened. It is always a wonderful meal from the service to the food and wines. It was a special occasion, and we tried the mussels, salmon appetizer, French Fries (of course!), beef daube, butter lettuce salad, Brussels Sprouts, and the frisee salad. I love how the wines by the glass are offered in different size offerings - just like in France. I had a wonderful French Rose. The service was just perfect, and we had a wonderful table.Special Features:
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/15/2014Food was delicious and the Service impecable. I recommend this place as a top restaurant in Napa.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but some disappointmentsoctbdaydinnerinyountvilleDined on 10/15/2014I took a friend to Bistro Jaunty for his birthday in October. My pumpkin risotto was tasty with a tiny pumpkin cap as garnish. My friend's salad nicoise had a creative presentation, with chopped pieces of tuna in a separate container on his plate. However, the tuna was fully cooked rather than seared rare. The noise level was pretty loud with tables close together and a full house. The highlight of the dinner was a chocolate creme brulee for dessert, which was excellent! I am glad I called in advance to discuss a special dessert with the chef.Special Features:
- Perfectly prepared foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/15/2014My wife's steak frites was the best she had ever had in her life. My beef stew was superb. Servic eexcellent. Reasonably priced. Will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not greatMereVIPDined on 10/14/2014Expected more as was on zagats too 12 list for napa. Food was good but really rich and heavy. Service was fair. Seemed a little pretentious. Decor amd ambiance were great. Worth a try we might have hit on an off day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great little eatery!LiztDined on 10/13/2014We stopped here for lunch while we were in the area. I must say that everything we had was good, but very heavy. We had a special that was crispy fried pigs feet (leg) and it was excellent along with some escargot. They were also delicious. We also ordered some of the "Duck pate" which I wasn't crazy about (it was good in small doses, but it was a lot of pate and for the price I felt I needed to eat all of it. That being said- it was a very nice lunch!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 10/12/2014The food was good- rich French food with wonderful tastes. Great menu - sole was delicious.The service was dreadful. Hard to know if the waiter was having an off night or he was just dismissive - ruined the experience.Special Features:
- French all the wayOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/12/2014Very good french food. Stick to the french selections and you won't go wrong. the Duck appetizer was amazing and something I've never seen offered elsewhere.Special Features:
- Fabulous Food Terrible ServicewinedineDined on 10/12/2014We heard so many positive reviews of the Bistro and were very eager to try it out. It took 15 minutes for someone to take a cocktail order and another 10-15 to bring us our drinks. There was no explanation of the menu and the specials were just placed on the table. The server was not social. I expect most people are there visiting, I would expect the staff to be a bit more engaging. By the time we finally ordered my husband and I were convinced this was a bad choice in restaurants. Then our food arrived...THANK GOODNESS!!! Our meal was absolutely amazing!!!Special Features:
- Bistro JeantyNickioVIPDined on 10/12/2014The food and service are always exceptional at Bistro Jeanty!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Plesant with good menu varietySF9FoodieDined on 10/12/2014Enjoyed the tomato soup as recommended by many. The steak & fries were excellent - tender, flavorful and sauce was unique. Thought it would be nice in patio, but when we arrived, was too warm for me at 95 degrees. Attentive service and chef accommodated some special requests.Special Features:
- Wonderful FoodWinendineVIPDined on 10/10/2014This was our second time at Bistro Jeanty, and it did not disappoint. They had a special that night of risotto with white truffle, and 2 of us got that. It was good, but the risotto was a little chewy for me. I got the mussels which were just phenomenal! They were the plumpest mussels I have ever seen in my life, and cooked perfectly! I may never again be able to eat anyone else's. My companions ordered the onion soup, which was excellent, and the sole, which was very good, and the steak au poivre-also very good. It is extremely noisy, however, and this does lessen my enjoyment in any restaurant.Special Features:
- Overwhelmed, in a good way!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/10/2014I took a date for dinner after wine tasting in the Valley. We got a table outside to enjoy the warm weather and sunset in the intimately cute patio ambiance illuminated by stringed patio lights. Our server was attentive and never left us waiting. After 1 bite of our duck and goat cheese pate appetizer, we knew we had chosen well and tried hard to contain our excited anticipation of the main course. We both ordered Steak Frites, cooked at a perfect medium rare plus to allow the fat to adequately melt and enhance the flavor. Chewing was hardly necessary as the ribeye had no trouble melting in our mouths. We ended our evening with a Crepe Suzette, smelling the sweet orange aroma before it arrived at our table. Amazing dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Napa visitzoltocVIPDined on 10/9/2014Truly excellent cassoulet, beef bourguignon, escargot, bread! Almost too much food but worth trying to finish.
- Fabulous French BistroOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/9/2014This place was great. Relaxed, bistro atmosphere. Great, authentic French bistro food. The escargot and veal chop with chanterelles and camembert white sauce were amazing. Everyone in our party of six enjoyed their meal.Special Features:
- Charming French RestaurantILovetoDineOutVIPDined on 10/9/2014A wonderful, quaint French restaurant with exceptional service, a delicious varied menu, and excellent wine choices. Walking distance to most hotels in the picturesque town of Yountville, Ca.Special Features:
- good but not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/8/2014Had the steak and fries. I've had much better steak many other times. I wish I'd have ordered something else. Otherwise, everything else was good. My wife liked her chicken. The desserts were great, and huge!Special Features:
- Bistro Jeanty- must visitOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/8/2014We stayed in Napa Valley recently and wanted to try a few new restaurants. Our new favorite... Bistro Jeanty. It was relaxing with plenty of yummy selections on the menu. Anyone who visits must try the tomato bisque soup, the best I've had!Special Features:
- Good French classic dishesSergeiDined on 10/8/2014We hadn't been at Jeanty's for at least 10 yrs. They have continued to serve very good French cuisine. It was a real pleasure. The waiter was friendly and quite professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- every timepickrellDined on 10/7/2014Bistro Jeanty never fails to delight.mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Right out of ParisVeroFanDined on 10/7/2014Outstanding traditional French food. Bistro atmosphere with wonderful recorded music. Our server was attentive and helpful as well as unpretentious. He did hurry is a bit. A terrific if somewhat pricy experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- will be back again and againReviewJunkieDined on 10/5/2014We chose this menu over the French laundry menu for personal preferences and were wondering if we would miss out on anything...we were in love with this place!!! Pictures don't do the place justice. We were expecting an older looking establishment but the place was clean, well appointed, very french chic, the staff were extremely pleasant and attentive throughout our exquisite meal. We had the special local rabbit with white Italian truffles (said to have been fed exed to them), escargots (which came bubbling with heat), steak and fries - all to perfection. We can't wait to bring our friends here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/5/2014It was a lovely sunny day and very pleasant to sit outside. The only little disappointment was that my Champagne cocktail was not chilled enough, which I noted to the waiter. He did not offer to change it, he suggested to put ice in it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful meal!SactogalVIPDined on 10/5/2014This is our favorite meal in the Valley- lovely, beautifully prepared food, in a charming location and attentive waitstaff.Special Features:
- Lovely EveningRdocDined on 10/4/2014We chose Bistro Jeanty as we enjoy French food, and wanted the "real" experience while in Napa. It did not let us down, and provided an evening of excellent wine and food. I would recommend this for couples or adult groups. We dine on the patio, and had a marvelous evening.Special Features:
- Ribeye was best I ever hadKevPVIPDined on 10/4/2014Steak Frites was amazing. The best Rib Eye that I've ever had. The food was pretty amazing here. Service was great too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lives up to it's reputation!luluDined on 10/3/2014Bistro Jeanty is a wonderful night out to enjoy friends and fabulous food! The waitstaff is very knowledgable and friendly. Everyone at our table ordered a different entree and all were fabulous!! Will definitely visit again when in the area!Special Features:
- Lovely!LolaDined on 10/3/2014An old fashioned French country experience. Knowledgable and attentive staff, delicious and rich food, pretty yet casual ambiance. Not for picky eaters - some game on the menu. Lovely evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best meal in NapaJenaqt23VIPDined on 9/30/2014Hands down... This was the BEST meal we had in Napa... And we ate at a LOT of places! The pepper encrusted filet was the best filet I have ever had in my life. I will DEF come back here on the next visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/30/2014I had a very pleasurable dining experience at Bistro Jeanty and would definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly recommendFitbyfortyDined on 9/30/2014We went there on our 25th anniversary while in Yountville. Had reservations a while in advance. Several people asked where we were eating prior to that night and when we told them they said "that is my favorite restaurant." The tomato soup is amazing. Everything was amazing!Special Features:
- Running on FumesILMHuskerVIPDined on 9/30/2014If you need to catch a bus or train in Yountville, (there are neither), Bistro Jeanty is just the ticket. In and out in just over an hour. Complete malfunction between kitchen, expeditor, and server. Just sipping a cocktail when a too cold, pre-plated salmon appetizer appeared. Main courses coming out before apps had been cleared. Wine not being served until AFTER main course had arrived. Check being dropped without being requested. The restaurant was not full ---- this was a 7 pm reservation. Still have their small sign touting their Michelin 1 Star rating. Out of date, Michelin dropped their star. The food? Fine, nothing special, but when it comes at you in waves you have no time to appreciate the experience.Special Features:
- Again, a delightful dinnerminnesotawineloverDined on 9/30/2014We have dinned at Bistro Jeanty several times now and have never been disappointed. On our most recent visit, our service was fun,polite and attentive. The food was classic French bistro and done very well. The ambiance made me feel as if I were in Paris. What more can I say?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing FoodBaltasarBrazilDined on 9/30/2014Fantastic food... The tomato soup is a MUST HAVE... The people that work there are really happy and friendly... Very high recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/30/2014been there over 30 times.....great as usual I love the back room, but plenty of people eat outsideSpecial Features: