320 D St NE
Washington, DC 20002Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Phone: (202) 546-4522
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday 11:00am - 5:00pm.
Dinner: Monday - Saturday 5:00pm - 10:00pm.
- Payment Options: Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Full Bar, Takeout
A word from Bistro Italiano
Bistro Italiano is a gem of a restaurant hidden among all of the row houses in the Capitol Hill neighborhood. However, an unassuming facade should not deter anyone from visiting this restaurant. There are only a dozen or so tables in this small Italian bistro, but the ambiance is lively and welcoming. Bistro Italiano offers classic dishes such as lasagna, tortellini, fettuccine and chicken parmesan. The restaurant is frequented by neighborhood residents but is only blocks from Union Station and right off Massachusetts Avenue on D Street.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bistro Italiano reviews from OpenTable diners
4 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelQuiet
neighborhood gem (3)fit for foodies (2)romantic (1)special occasion (1)good for groups (1)great for lunch (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Best on the blockricoDined on 11/13/2014Consistently excellent food! Our go to spot for family and friends when they visit and want great Italian food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice little neighborhood placeQuietdiner1Dined on 9/24/2014This was our second dinner at Bistro Italiano. Our first was with a family group of about 10, which filled almost half of this tiny restaurant that appears to be a converted row house. Very cute.... The service and food were great. Our second was just us parents and a young adult child. Again, the food and service were good. We were there on weekday evenings and the restaurant was not full. But, I would definitely get reservations for the weekend. For Washington the prices are very moderate. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT TIMELennyVIPDined on 7/30/2014While visiting DC and staying in the Capitol Hill area we found this gem of a restaurant on Open Table. The Salvadorian owner-chef does a marvelous job with Italian cooking and the staff, which includes his daughter, is friendly and committed to making the dining experience pleasant for the entire family. The locals enjoying this small and cozy bistro all seemed to enjoy the place and the for just as much as we did. When returning for future DC visits we will surely select the Bistro Italian as a dinner site.Special Features:
- The following 9 reviews are from the Bistro Italiano reviews archive.
- Lost; Not FoundDCDabVIPDined on 6/24/2014This used to be a fun, neighborhood restaurant with above average Italian food. Since new ownership took over, the décor has improved but the food has declined. While there are a few good dishes such as Calamari Diablo; others suffer. For instance, the classic spaghetti with olive oil and garlic comes out lukewarm; not hot and it is the size of a side dish portion. The pizza used to be above average as well. But time and again it comes out with enormous amounts of cheese, little tomato sauce and a mediocre crust. The sandwiches are probably a better bet but do you need a white tablecloth restaurant to get a cheese steak or a meatball sub? The salads are interchangeable as the Greek looks like antipasto and the antipasto looks like the GreekSpecial Features:
- Nice experienceElizabethVIPDined on 5/19/2014Nice place. It was highly recommended by our hotel, and while it was good, it didn't make the "wow" we expected. Everything was average. No major issues but nothing outstanding either.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/7/2014Reasonably price good quality italian food Very authenticSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Little GemkkdamronDined on 5/6/2014We found Bistro Italiano via UrbanSpoon; it was a great find. All of our meals were delicious and the atmosphere was fabulous along with the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over-ratedMichaelVIPDined on 4/1/2014The reviews for this small neighborhood establishment were great. While parking is easy and a plus, the restaurant itself is quite small and not particularly attractive (the reviews stated that the décor was a real plus). Salads were almost tasteless. My chicken piccata, though not made with capers, was very fine and more than ample. My friend's eggplant dish was very tomato-ey. The wine list is weak though very affordable. So... if you're looking for an inexpensive decent meal in a quiet neighborhood, go for it. If you are looking for a special meal with pleasant culinary surprises and a nice bottle of wine, this is not your place.
- Good recommendationJohnny99Dined on 2/27/2014I enjoyed Bistro very much. It is a neighborhood restaurant, really nice to find in the DC area. It's about a 10 minute walk from the Metro. Very unpretentious, food quality and quantity is very good. Wait staff stays attentive, but not intrusive. Save room for the chocolate cake.Special Features:
- Great Neighborhood RestaurantRichDined on 2/12/2014Bistro Italiano is one if our favorite Capitol Hill eateries. Good food, very good service, and a warm, homey ambiance. We liked it even before they put white tablecloths on the tables! Try the chicken or veal castellana. And the house wine us a fine value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood FindNeighborVIPDined on 2/8/2014Bistro Italiano is the kind of restaurant you always want in your neighborhood. It is small and quiet, the service is welcoming and efficient, and the menu has something for everyone. It is the classic Italian restaurant - not the latest in Italian cooking but good Italian" comfort food." It was the perfect place to go with friends after a movie and to catch up over a leisurely dinner that everyone really enjoyed.Special Features:
- Delicious fun,PDXdinerDined on 2/5/2014Neighborhood fun! Warm inviting pocket Bistro, 12 tables and 3 seat bar. Bar service makes a decent cocktail, limited but affordable wine list is friendly and quite good enough. White tablecloths, subdued lighting, mildly inattentive service that would be described as inobtrusive on a romantic dinner interlude. Intriguing menu, Itallian classics from chicken Marsala' Picatta, Lasagne to Alfredo de Mare. Scampi and scallops over linguini in classic Alfredo was delicious. Totally reasonable prices, the package all together will bring me back with a happy knowing smile - probably not unlike local regulars in the know!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.