4034 Hamilton Ave
Cincinnati, OH 45223Neighborhood:
Fusion / EclecticPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bistrograce.com/
- Phone: 5135419600x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday 4:00pm - 9:00pm,Tuesday 4:00pm-9pm,Wednesday- Thursday: 4:00-10:00 pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm. Closed Mondays
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Gastro Pub, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Damien Leighton/Zane Marsh
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Satellite music, one television.
A word from Bistro Grace
Located in the Northside neighborhood, Bistro Grace specializes in traditional culinary dishes with a modern twist. To accompany the cuisine, there is a large selection of craft beers, local beers on tap, signature cocktails and a wine list offering new world and old world selections. Along with the menu offerings and reasonable price points, the urban atmosphere and excellent service will keep you coming back.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeighborhood Gem
Bistro Grace - Best Restaurants in Cincinnati ›
Bistro Grace reviews from OpenTable diners
55 reviews since April 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (40)fit for foodies (34)great for outdoor dining (26)romantic (17)special occasion (13)good for groups (10)notable wine list (6)great for brunch (4)great for lunch (3)hot spot (2)kid-friendly (2)late-night find (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- excellent food but poor serviceedr1VIPDined on 8/16/2014We went to the restaurant on a Saturday night with another couple. I was surprised at how empty the main room was. It seems that a lot of people were eating in the outdoor section in the back. We all enjoyed the food very much. I had the hanger steak, two people had the summer chicken and one had the fried chicken special. The food was presented lovely and the portions were generous. Our problem was with our server. We weren't in any kind of a rush but we felt that he was not attentive at all. One time we had to ask another server to get him so we could order our main course. Otherwise we had a great time and I would go back there again.Special Features:
- A find in NorthsideDineoutalotVIPDined on 8/9/2014This was the first time my husband I visited this relatively new restaurant, but it won't be the last. My summer sangria with cucumber was wonderful, as were both our meals, the hanger steak and chicken with pasta. I would have preferred for my steak to be cooked a little more, but I'll know what to ask for next time. Also loved the beet salad, although I would have liked a few more beets. The dressing was great. Our server was good, attentive without being overbearing. Overall, this was a very pleasant experience and one we will repeat in the near future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a yet undiscovered treasurecitygourandeDined on 8/8/2014I was so happy to see that the location has a new owner and name and was open again and the three times I have dined there have been great experiences. There are interesting menus items on an appealing and changing menu, so one can revisit and not be bored. The chef-owner is visible and friendly, drinks and bar selections are great and the improvement in the acoustics and decor is much appreciated by this patron who couldn't stand the noise level in the previous incarnation of this site. Patio dining is pleasant as well as several areas in the main dining room and there is a familiar, friendly graciousness about this restaurant that makes me want to spread the word to all about this new place in Northside!Special Features:
- Sat nightoutsideNsiderDined on 8/2/2014Great ambiance for a casual but very nice spot. appetizers were fantastic......spring chicken entree good but a bit boring. GREAT service, great adult beveragesSpecial Features:
- 2nd VisitJustforfunDined on 8/2/2014My wife and I were in the neighborhood and stopped in for dinner. It was a pleasant evening so we sat outside. The patio is fine, although my view was primarily a vacant building. The redevelopment of Northside is still a work in progress. Our server, Marc did an excellent job. He was attentive without being intrusive. The hummus was very good. We had a very enjoyable evening and look forward to returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Manyet8fabGirlsDined on 7/26/2014Wonderful experience with a large group of 8 women. Very friendly staff, amazing scallops, brussel sprouts and kale sprouts were the best I've ever had... something not often found on other menus. Mussel appetizer was also delicious. The Moscow Mule is a must-try drink served in adorable brass mugs. I would highly recommend this restaurant to both small or large parties. Separate checks were not a problem. Great wine list too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/26/2014This was our 2nd time at Bistro Grace, again with a group of 4. It was every bit as wonderful and the food outstanding as it had been on our first visit. This time, we sat in the outdoor garden, which was lovely. From start to finish, our dinner was terrific. We tried mussels this time, and deemed the broth to be perfect. The heirloom tomato salad was a perfect blend of tastes. Mahi mahi was the fish special for the evening, with a corn relish that had just the slightest "kick" to it, and 2 of us thought it was utterly delicious. Desserts were the perfect end to our meal, including homemade ice cream. We only wish that we lived in Cincinnati and could frequent Bistro Grace.Special Features:
- Great foodNrthsder816Dined on 7/26/2014Food was delicious. Went for dinner, so it was a bit noisy. Wasn't a fan of the continuous booth seating along the wall and chairs opposite the table. Prefer to sit closer to company (to avoid feeling like I'm yelling across the table). But other than that, service was good and lived the food. Would go again and recommend to others.Special Features:
- Fixable problemLuv2helpDined on 7/20/2014The food was great. We had burgers, the vegetarian special, and the fish. The problem was the service. We arrived at 5:45, and didn't have food until an hour later. I don't know if the issue was the number of waiters (I saw 2) or our particular waiter. In any event, the restaurant can hire another waiter or provide training for the current staff. I'll recommend the food but warn people about the poor service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A lovely eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/19/2014We now have grown to make this lovely restaurant a part of our dinner and a movie routine in Northside and Clifton. We have particularly enjoyed the fresh focus on the menu items and admire the featuring of vegetables front and center in ANY of the dishes (Vegan or Non-Vegan) we have tasted. Food is presented tastefully and portions are ample and fairly priced. Staff is genuine, knowledgable and vested in making your experience memorable. Ambiance is comfortable sophistication. It is rare that a restaurant can be both a special experience and a welcome old friend....Bistro Grace succeeds being both and we hope to make her a part of movie night for years to come!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New To Cincinnati2veryhappyDined on 7/18/2014After 25 years of fine dining in the Palm Beaches, we found Bistro Grace exceeded all of our expectations. The speciality drinks were unique and the wine list adequate and affordable. We enjoyed the appetizers, particularly the quality and presentation of the Charcuterie was amazing. Our main dish choices of Marinated Summer Chicken and Scallops were winners, both unique and superb in taste. The Bistro's ambiance was warm and friendly, the staff, professionally attentive. In the future we look forward to trying other menu items at Bistro Grace, and so should you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NNG1Dined on 7/16/2014We were a party of 6 and loved the outdoor seating. Acoustic guitar on a Wednesday night was nice background and allowed for conversation. Food was excellent, we had scallops, skirt steak, mahi-mahi special an appetizer and the fries in duck fat with accompanying dip were too good to describe in words. I had the scallops with pistachio risotto and brown butter brussels sprouts- exceptionaly good. Wine list is not extensive but dry red wine recommended by our server was excellent. The draft beer choices are all local which I like. Bottled beer selection available also. Menu choices change with foods that are at the peak of their season included -again something I like. We will all definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timeFood4RNDined on 7/12/2014I've been wanting to try bistro grace since it opened and I finally got my chance. Service was great and staff was very helpful and friendly. I definitely won't wait that long to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not there yetOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/5/2014It's a tall order to open in the space that amazing restaurants like Boca and Honey once occupied. The service, wine list and outdoor patio at Bistro Grace were delightful, but unfortunately the food was disappointing. Both the salmon and chicken were overcooked. The sauce on the pasta side dish was too heavy and the brussel sprouts were overcooked. As a result, I won't be coming back.
- CharmingMarsieVIPDined on 7/5/2014Food was creative, tasty, and delicious . This is a real find in our city. Service was outstanding. This is our third visit within a month and each time it was wonderfulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingGoodnessDined on 7/5/2014I had high hopes, and was really excited to try Bistro Grace. The menu looked amazing, we sat in the beautiful outside space, and preferred the most amazing pineapple mohito. Unfortunately the mohito was the best part of our meal. The food was extremely over rich...everything. The ravioli was swimming in chimichuri sauce, which is primarily oil. The salmon special...buerre blanc... And even the side of Brussels sprouts swam in a cream sauce. I wondered if I should have gotten the scallops, but saw in the way out that they too were rally over done. Additionally there wasn't much flavor . It was sad... I was so looking forward to living Bistro Grace.Special Features:
- Don't book late night.NigelCVGDined on 6/27/2014Walked in early for our 10.30 PM reservation. I think it close at 11 PM. From the reception and the language coming from the kitchen they were not wanting any more guests. So we turned around and went elsewhere. Have been a few times prior and had a great experience.Special Features:
- You have to give this place a tryVOGuyDined on 6/24/2014I was not sure what to expect when I made a dinner reservation for Bistro Grace. I was so glad that we went as I was pleasently surprized with the food, atmosphere and the all round service. I'm vegan and they were able to accomodate me with a special of the day with no problems. I will definately be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/20/2014Our group of 4 were completely delighted with our entire dining experience. The staff and owner were attentive and service was great. Our food was all delicious and well-prepared, and the presentation was eye-catching and appealing. We tried hummus, charcuterie plate, salmon, scallops, mushroom ravioli, and truly amazing homemade ice cream. It was too humid to be outside when we visited, but the outdoor garden area is definitely worth a visit. The dining room, itself, was warm and inviting. We are only disappointed that we do not live in Cincinnati and won't have the opportunity to make frequent visits, but we are telling all of our Cincinnati friends that this is a must-try restaurant.Special Features:
- Birthday TreatGalenaDined on 6/18/2014Everything was wonderful! The staff greeted us with a "happy birthday" and were able to keep the requested birthday dessert a surprise. He had no idea! For starters we tried the beer cheese and pretzel dip which was yummy but nothing compared to our entrees. He had the scallops with risotto and brussel sprouts. Looked beautiful and were equally, if not exceedingly more, delicious. I had the hangar steak with potatoes and carrots. Easily in the top 5 steaks of my life! Absolutely perfect. We will be back, no doubt about it! Highly recommended!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/14/2014wonderful evening out ! the food was unique and the wine excellent ! I will return again soon :)Special Features:
- A fine neighborhood friendCatdogDined on 6/13/2014We've dined there before so knew the meal would be satisfying, and it was. We sat in the garden area, which was pleasant on a nice evening. Service was attentive. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/7/2014Been meaning to try this place and I'm glad I did. We sat outside, in such a pretty courtyard, and enjoyed a terrific meal. First restaurant I've been to in Cincinnati where the waiter asked if anyone at the table was a vegetarian (I am). Two great veg entrees, including the portobello ravioli, which I ate and found to be wonderful. My husband got the black and blue salad, and he raved about it. Our waiter was engaging and the appetizers and dessert were super too. A first-rate restaurant experience at prices that don't break the bank.Special Features:
- Beautiful PatiofoodhussyDined on 6/6/2014The patio out back is great- we really enjoyed sitting outside for our meal. The food itself was hit or miss. The duck poutine was delicious but the banh mi sandwich wasn't so great. All in all - we had a nice time - but I think it's more a place where I'd go back for a drink and an appetizer.Special Features:
- YUM!ImafanVIPDined on 5/31/2014really great meal with superior service and style! we'll be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will go back!loves2eatoutDined on 5/30/2014We were sorry to see both Boca & Honey leave, but this restaurant is equally good and less expensive. It's a place that we will go more often. The food is interestingly prepared and beautifully presented. Best of all, it tasted good. There are a few standards for the meat & potatoes crowd. I think they've got the menu right for the neighborhood and to attract more diners from around the city. We did not eat outside, but will do that on a less warm evening. We will return.Special Features:
- A Bit PriceyKaddieDined on 5/23/2014I have been a resident of Northside for a long time, so I have seen this location's restaurants go through several changes. The acoustics have always been deadly for conversation, and this is my main deterrent to having a meal in the dining room. The outdoors area is fantastic (except for the weeds intertwining with the lovely grapevines). The service was sensational. We had Danielle. Terrific. Ruthie's dinner was expensive, scallops, and the serving on her plate was too small for the price. My dinner was very good. Overall, I would like to come here regularly, but the menu needs to be just a bit more affordable. I would like to see some additional selections that are not so costly.Special Features:
- Delicious and cozy!JimHDined on 5/16/2014We had the black and blue salad and the veggie pasta off the new summer menu and both were really wonderful. The cauliflower on the pasta was amazing and the salad was balanced perfectly. We also tried the Lychee martini which was so good that we will go back for it again. Love this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UniquebeverlyDined on 5/11/2014Nice for two adults. Would like to know why some reservations do not qualify for points.Special Features:
- New Northside VenuJohnGWDined on 5/11/2014Excellent food, excellently prepared and presented.Special Features:
- Fantastic Place!copa09Dined on 5/11/2014Bistro Grace is a fantastic place with great food and service! Everyone in our party had a great time and loved their food. I did want to mention something specifically - during the course of dinner my 7 year old daughter leaned too hard on her side of the table causing it to flip and spill absolutely everything on the table. She was mortified and in tears. The servers (and I believe the owner) couldn't have been nicer assuring her that this happens and that the tables aren't very steady. They could see how upset she was and after cleaning up the mess gave her a bowl of ice cream to "calm her nerves." Just a really nice, thoughtful gesture and one that we thoroughly appreciated. We will be back for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and Wine PricesCincyVIPDined on 5/3/2014They have excellent food and I recommend the Poutine fries! Great prices on bottles of wine as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun and delicious diningBarbVIPDined on 5/3/2014Do give Bistro Grace a try and you will get hooked. It is such a pleasant atmosphere with warm, friendly servers and wonderful food!Special Features:
- Great menu selectionryanfinkeDined on 4/27/2014From burgers to duck breast, their menu had a wide variety of delicious dishes. I wish I could have tried more of them. Professional and constant service. Good middle-of-the-road ambiance -- not too loud, not too quiet.Special Features:
- What a FindDebVanVIPDined on 4/27/2014Neighborhood gem, welcoming staff, informative, great food, intimate setting, what more could you want. We return soon.Special Features:
- DelightfulBarbVIPDined on 4/26/2014Everything about this restaurant is charming. The staff is friendly and takes pride in this neighborhood gem. We both had the arctic char special and it was fabulous. It was my third time eating here and I've been recommending it to all of my friends!Special Features:
- The following 60 reviews are from the Bistro Grace reviews archive.
- WOW!BigFoodieDined on 4/19/2014I was blown away by this little gem in Northside. The food was absolutely amazing, as was the drinks. The service was spot-on as well. The menu offers some dishes for the true foodies as well as more common faire for the less adventurous. Try the bacon wrapped stuffed shrimp, definitely the beer cheese appetizer, or the duck pouting for starters. For the enter it's hard to go wrong with awesome selections featuring pork, duck, chicken, steak, scallops, or lamb. I've had most of the entrees by now and have not been disappointed yet. The most surprising was the burger, OMG! That has got to be one of the best burgers in the city. My wife and I frequent restaurants like Jeff Ruby'a Steakhouse and Orchid's and Bistro Grace can keep up!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bistro Grace is superbPeteHealyDined on 4/19/2014Enjoyed a wonderful dinner for my wife's birthday, and it lived up to the great things I had heard or read. Friendly, attentive service, a welcoming atmosphere, and outstanding food. A great selection of cocktails and craft beers on tap, as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great menu... poorly executedReviewerDined on 4/12/2014We were very excited about dining at Bistro Grace for the first time this past weekend. I had reviewed the menu online earlier in the week before making reservations... the food sounded great. Unfortunately, the food lacked flavor and was not cooked well.Special Features:
- Great findBobTDined on 4/12/2014Super combination of friendly, attentive staff, excellent food, awesome beer selection, and reasonable prices!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.