4034 Hamilton Ave
Cincinnati, OH 45223Neighborhood:
Fusion / EclecticPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bistrograce.com/
- Phone: (513) 541-9600
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday 4:00pm - 9:00pm,Tuesday 4:00pm-9pm,Wednesday- Thursday: 4:00-10:00 pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm. Closed Mondays
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Gastro Pub, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Rachel Roberts
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Will cater events
- Entertainment: Satellite music, one television. Live music on Wednesdays.
- Special Events: Beer dinners, Bourbon Dinners, Wine Dinners
A word from Bistro Grace
Located in the Northside neighborhood, Bistro Grace specializes in traditional culinary dishes with a modern twist. To accompany the cuisine, there is a large selection of craft beers, local beers on tap, signature cocktails and a wine list offering new world and old world selections. Along with the menu offerings and reasonable price points, the urban atmosphere and excellent service will keep you coming back.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Bistro Grace - Best Restaurants in Cincinnati ›
Bistro Grace reviews from OpenTable diners
55 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (44)fit for foodies (39)great for outdoor dining (19)special occasion (17)good for groups (15)romantic (9)notable wine list (8)hot spot (8)kid-friendly (6)vibrant bar scene (6)scenic view (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014Excellent bartender, food, and atmosphere. The experience is one we will never forget.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly place, great for a. Ivy tout with friendsHealthyFoodieVIPDined on 11/14/2014We have been to Bistro Grace many times. On this occasion we met another couple we hadn't seen in months, and ended up spending over 3 hours sitting and talking at an extended dinner. It was a Friday night and the place was near full, but we never felt rushed or unwelcome. The owner and her staff are gracious hosts and the decor and ambiance are very appealing. The food is reliably good but this time I felt that my entree, a risotto special, was too heavy with oil or butter, and I wasn't able to finish it. Otherwise though we had no complaints at all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sauce spectacularkulkevDined on 11/14/2014This was our fist visit, on our way from Dayton to Cincy for a show. My scallops were beautifully seared. But, it was the sauce(s) that made it zing. A mix of sweetness and flavor to compliment the scallops. My wife's roasted ravioli was very flavorful. The service was great. The local brews made it even better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice neighborhood place.jimjim421Dined on 11/11/2014The food was bit hit or miss for our first visit to Bistro Grace. The fried chicken was all dark meat and that's ok, but there was very little meat on the bones and a bit over cooked. My Grace Burger was very well put together with Fontina, bourbon shallots, beer battered onion rings, but it was a bit underdone from my preferred medium well. It was a tasty burger similar to burgers at Terry's Turf Club. Bistro Grace has a rotating selection of soup, hummus and deviled eggs. That's where the star of this dinner comes in. The hummus of the day was roasted garlic and it was perfection. In fact it was the best I've had in the city, edging out even the wonderful versions I've had at Andys Mediterranean Grille and Mediterranean King.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014This was an awesome place and the food was excellent. We will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'm a FanNicolynDined on 11/8/2014I love this place & I'm so glad I found it! My friends and I had to have the duck poutine & then I couldn't say no to the banh mi duck. Yes, duck & potatoes two ways! The restaurant it very pretty, not too noisy, and was only moderately busy on a Saturday night in Northside. It's down a ways from the main drag of the neighborhood, and has convenient parking just one building over. Great menus! I hope to get down there for some of the weekday drink and food specials in the future!
- Great dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014Great food and great atmosphere. Bartender helpful, friendly,and makes fantastic drinks. I can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely Amazing Find!!!SuperFoodieDined on 11/8/2014I hate to say how wonderful this restaurant experience was -everytime we find a treasure, it is discovered by others and we can't get in again! Food was creative and Orchid Room worthy -beautiful outdoor area -great varied wine list and craft beer selection. The desserts -home made pumpkin ice cream and a crème brulee were to die for. We had an after dinner drink at the bar and the bartender was a stitch! We'll be back -if we can get in!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday night hamburger heavenLennyDined on 11/2/2014Every Sunday - a charbroiled burger for $6.00. Delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/1/2014Great food amazing staff! we eat here at least 3 times a week its a real gem in Northside! the menu is seasonal, and a homemade desserts are amazing!you won't be disappointed..........Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- G137Dined on 10/17/2014Service was very good. Our waitress remembered us and our wine preference Courtyard is a hidden gem. Limited menu but goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Won't go backOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/11/2014Not Honey, not fine dining, and really not fine. Food was acceptable but TVs and really, really poor service made for a night out I won't be repeating.
- Fun, relaxing, flavorfulAskCudDined on 10/10/2014There were four of us- two had pumpkin ravioli, two had fried chicken, so we ended up tasting both- both very flavorful, yummy mashed potatoes and greens with the fried chicken. The greens should be served with the ravioli because that combination of flavors was great. Staff was helpful getting directions for us to The New Edgecliff Theater's new location- about a block away it turns out, so do both. Dinner and Theater in Northside...a winning combination,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Repeat DinerwestsidedinerVIPDined on 10/4/2014We have dined at Bistro Grace 4 times in the last 6 months. The food is always delicious, the servers quick, attentive, nice and informative.Special Features:
- Love this placeddougVIPDined on 9/28/2014My family and I eat here almost weekly. We often have a variety of special requests and the kitchen has always come through beautifully. Vegan, kid portions, shared entrees...they are great! The food is nicely plated and delicious with enough variety to keep us coming back. We proudly bring friends to Bistro Grace often.Special Features:
- A wonderful mealhtminkVIPDined on 9/27/2014This was our first time at Bistro Grace but we will be back. Our food, from their summer menu, was exceptional from start to finish. We had specialty cocktails, deviled eggs and heritage tomato salad as starters, hangar steak and scallops for our entrees, and ginger ice cream with peaches for dessert. Everything was delicious and the outdoor seating was very enjoyable. The service was excellent, but too efficient - the starters arrived too soon after the cocktails and the entrees arrived while we were still finishing our starters. The food is so wonderful, I would rather linger over each course than feel that I have to hurry and finish one before starting the next. But, we look forward to trying their fall menu soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely deliciousaab1Dined on 9/26/2014Our meal was wonderful. I had the scallops with risotto. The scallops were cooked perfectly. My husband had the black and blue salad. His steak was cooked perfectly as well. We also ordered a side of brussels sprouts, they were delicious. I also had the key lime pie, it was terrific. The service was great too. I would highly recommend Bistro Grace.Special Features:
- Great Restaurant FindWhiteDogDined on 9/23/2014Took a group of work colleagues (from out of town) to this restaurant on a Tuesday evening. It was a gem! The food was incredible, several craft beers were on tap, the wine list was nice - and yet we were the only ones in the restaurant. If I could give it 6 stars I would. Grab some friends and go! Your group won't believe you found such a great place. I'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Grace BistroskayDined on 9/12/2014Always terrific service, and splendid food! The mussels were divine. Since the weather was beautiful, we savored our dinners and conversation outdoors.Special Features:
- Yummy, fresh tasting foodwatloVIPDined on 8/29/2014Looked for neighborhood restaurant with good food, reasonably priced, chic ambiance. Found it at Bistro Grace. Had most refreshing Sangria-looked like pink lemonade but surely wasn't! Had slight cucumber taste but not overpowering. Point Blank craft beer selected by one of our party really good. He had 3. Mortadella sandwich special outstanding with fresh arugula salad. Bistro Grace hamburger do delicious! Boursin cheese, bacon, onion ring topped burger on fresh bun. Huge portion with fresh fries. Could eat only half-had yummy half next day for lunch. Had fresh garden salad with orange-mint vinaigrette. We split piece of key lime pie. Wow!! Will be returning! Won't be long before Bustro Geace will be SRO!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent food but poor serviceedr1VIPDined on 8/16/2014We went to the restaurant on a Saturday night with another couple. I was surprised at how empty the main room was. It seems that a lot of people were eating in the outdoor section in the back. We all enjoyed the food very much. I had the hanger steak, two people had the summer chicken and one had the fried chicken special. The food was presented lovely and the portions were generous. Our problem was with our server. We weren't in any kind of a rush but we felt that he was not attentive at all. One time we had to ask another server to get him so we could order our main course. Otherwise we had a great time and I would go back there again.Special Features:
- A find in NorthsideDineoutalotVIPDined on 8/9/2014This was the first time my husband I visited this relatively new restaurant, but it won't be the last. My summer sangria with cucumber was wonderful, as were both our meals, the hanger steak and chicken with pasta. I would have preferred for my steak to be cooked a little more, but I'll know what to ask for next time. Also loved the beet salad, although I would have liked a few more beets. The dressing was great. Our server was good, attentive without being overbearing. Overall, this was a very pleasant experience and one we will repeat in the near future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a yet undiscovered treasurecitygourandeDined on 8/8/2014I was so happy to see that the location has a new owner and name and was open again and the three times I have dined there have been great experiences. There are interesting menus items on an appealing and changing menu, so one can revisit and not be bored. The chef-owner is visible and friendly, drinks and bar selections are great and the improvement in the acoustics and decor is much appreciated by this patron who couldn't stand the noise level in the previous incarnation of this site. Patio dining is pleasant as well as several areas in the main dining room and there is a familiar, friendly graciousness about this restaurant that makes me want to spread the word to all about this new place in Northside!Special Features:
- Sat nightoutsideNsiderDined on 8/2/2014Great ambiance for a casual but very nice spot. appetizers were fantastic......spring chicken entree good but a bit boring. GREAT service, great adult beveragesSpecial Features:
- 2nd VisitJustforfunVIPDined on 8/2/2014My wife and I were in the neighborhood and stopped in for dinner. It was a pleasant evening so we sat outside. The patio is fine, although my view was primarily a vacant building. The redevelopment of Northside is still a work in progress. Our server, Marc did an excellent job. He was attentive without being intrusive. The hummus was very good. We had a very enjoyable evening and look forward to returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Manyet8fabGirlsDined on 7/26/2014Wonderful experience with a large group of 8 women. Very friendly staff, amazing scallops, brussel sprouts and kale sprouts were the best I've ever had... something not often found on other menus. Mussel appetizer was also delicious. The Moscow Mule is a must-try drink served in adorable brass mugs. I would highly recommend this restaurant to both small or large parties. Separate checks were not a problem. Great wine list too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 90 reviews are from the Bistro Grace reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/26/2014This was our 2nd time at Bistro Grace, again with a group of 4. It was every bit as wonderful and the food outstanding as it had been on our first visit. This time, we sat in the outdoor garden, which was lovely. From start to finish, our dinner was terrific. We tried mussels this time, and deemed the broth to be perfect. The heirloom tomato salad was a perfect blend of tastes. Mahi mahi was the fish special for the evening, with a corn relish that had just the slightest "kick" to it, and 2 of us thought it was utterly delicious. Desserts were the perfect end to our meal, including homemade ice cream. We only wish that we lived in Cincinnati and could frequent Bistro Grace.Special Features:
- Great foodNrthsder816Dined on 7/26/2014Food was delicious. Went for dinner, so it was a bit noisy. Wasn't a fan of the continuous booth seating along the wall and chairs opposite the table. Prefer to sit closer to company (to avoid feeling like I'm yelling across the table). But other than that, service was good and lived the food. Would go again and recommend to others.Special Features:
- Fixable problemLuv2helpDined on 7/20/2014The food was great. We had burgers, the vegetarian special, and the fish. The problem was the service. We arrived at 5:45, and didn't have food until an hour later. I don't know if the issue was the number of waiters (I saw 2) or our particular waiter. In any event, the restaurant can hire another waiter or provide training for the current staff. I'll recommend the food but warn people about the poor service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A lovely eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/19/2014We now have grown to make this lovely restaurant a part of our dinner and a movie routine in Northside and Clifton. We have particularly enjoyed the fresh focus on the menu items and admire the featuring of vegetables front and center in ANY of the dishes (Vegan or Non-Vegan) we have tasted. Food is presented tastefully and portions are ample and fairly priced. Staff is genuine, knowledgable and vested in making your experience memorable. Ambiance is comfortable sophistication. It is rare that a restaurant can be both a special experience and a welcome old friend....Bistro Grace succeeds being both and we hope to make her a part of movie night for years to come!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New To Cincinnati2veryhappyDined on 7/18/2014After 25 years of fine dining in the Palm Beaches, we found Bistro Grace exceeded all of our expectations. The speciality drinks were unique and the wine list adequate and affordable. We enjoyed the appetizers, particularly the quality and presentation of the Charcuterie was amazing. Our main dish choices of Marinated Summer Chicken and Scallops were winners, both unique and superb in taste. The Bistro's ambiance was warm and friendly, the staff, professionally attentive. In the future we look forward to trying other menu items at Bistro Grace, and so should you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NNG1Dined on 7/16/2014We were a party of 6 and loved the outdoor seating. Acoustic guitar on a Wednesday night was nice background and allowed for conversation. Food was excellent, we had scallops, skirt steak, mahi-mahi special an appetizer and the fries in duck fat with accompanying dip were too good to describe in words. I had the scallops with pistachio risotto and brown butter brussels sprouts- exceptionaly good. Wine list is not extensive but dry red wine recommended by our server was excellent. The draft beer choices are all local which I like. Bottled beer selection available also. Menu choices change with foods that are at the peak of their season included -again something I like. We will all definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timeFood4RNDined on 7/12/2014I've been wanting to try bistro grace since it opened and I finally got my chance. Service was great and staff was very helpful and friendly. I definitely won't wait that long to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not there yetOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/5/2014It's a tall order to open in the space that amazing restaurants like Boca and Honey once occupied. The service, wine list and outdoor patio at Bistro Grace were delightful, but unfortunately the food was disappointing. Both the salmon and chicken were overcooked. The sauce on the pasta side dish was too heavy and the brussel sprouts were overcooked. As a result, I won't be coming back.
- CharmingMarsieVIPDined on 7/5/2014Food was creative, tasty, and delicious . This is a real find in our city. Service was outstanding. This is our third visit within a month and each time it was wonderfulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingGoodnessDined on 7/5/2014I had high hopes, and was really excited to try Bistro Grace. The menu looked amazing, we sat in the beautiful outside space, and preferred the most amazing pineapple mohito. Unfortunately the mohito was the best part of our meal. The food was extremely over rich...everything. The ravioli was swimming in chimichuri sauce, which is primarily oil. The salmon special...buerre blanc... And even the side of Brussels sprouts swam in a cream sauce. I wondered if I should have gotten the scallops, but saw in the way out that they too were rally over done. Additionally there wasn't much flavor . It was sad... I was so looking forward to living Bistro Grace.Special Features:
- Don't book late night.NigelCVGVIPDined on 6/27/2014Walked in early for our 10.30 PM reservation. I think it close at 11 PM. From the reception and the language coming from the kitchen they were not wanting any more guests. So we turned around and went elsewhere. Have been a few times prior and had a great experience.Special Features:
- You have to give this place a tryVOGuyDined on 6/24/2014I was not sure what to expect when I made a dinner reservation for Bistro Grace. I was so glad that we went as I was pleasently surprized with the food, atmosphere and the all round service. I'm vegan and they were able to accomodate me with a special of the day with no problems. I will definately be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/20/2014Our group of 4 were completely delighted with our entire dining experience. The staff and owner were attentive and service was great. Our food was all delicious and well-prepared, and the presentation was eye-catching and appealing. We tried hummus, charcuterie plate, salmon, scallops, mushroom ravioli, and truly amazing homemade ice cream. It was too humid to be outside when we visited, but the outdoor garden area is definitely worth a visit. The dining room, itself, was warm and inviting. We are only disappointed that we do not live in Cincinnati and won't have the opportunity to make frequent visits, but we are telling all of our Cincinnati friends that this is a must-try restaurant.Special Features:
- Birthday TreatGalenaDined on 6/18/2014Everything was wonderful! The staff greeted us with a "happy birthday" and were able to keep the requested birthday dessert a surprise. He had no idea! For starters we tried the beer cheese and pretzel dip which was yummy but nothing compared to our entrees. He had the scallops with risotto and brussel sprouts. Looked beautiful and were equally, if not exceedingly more, delicious. I had the hangar steak with potatoes and carrots. Easily in the top 5 steaks of my life! Absolutely perfect. We will be back, no doubt about it! Highly recommended!Special Features: