Vail Resort- Eagle
Vail, CO 81657Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.vail.com/lodging-and-dining/dining/bistro fourteen.aspx
- Phone: 9707544530x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily 11:00 - 3:00
Dinner Thursday thru Saturday 3:00 - 9:00
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Webster Lee
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We offer private dining rooms or the option of buying the restaurant out.
- Private Party Contact: John Bailey 9707544543x
- Entertainment: House dining music. Four televisions for sporting events.
A word from Bistro Fourteen
Take it to the top for an incredible dining experience at Bistro Fourteen. Located at the top of the Eagle Bahn Gondola at Eagle’s Nest, this fresh and inspiring restaurant provides fine dining with a casual, family-friendly twist.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bistro Fourteen reviews from OpenTable diners
12 reviews since March 30 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (8)kid-friendly (7)good for groups (4)great for lunch (3)romantic (2)neighborhood gem (2)great for outdoor dining (2)special occasion (1)fit for foodies (1)vibrant bar scene (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- For the views and kids' menuReadyToEatDined on 7/19/2014The views are beautiful and this is the only reason that you would eat here in the evenings. The ahi tuna salad was decent, but I was very disappointed by the portion of the tuna that accompanied the salad. There was only 5 or 6 thinly sliced pieces, so very little protein to make it a meal. The beet salad looked like it had canned beets. For the price of the salads, I was disappointed with the portions and quality. The one really great point of the restaurant is that it has a good kids' menu. For $10, the kids started with a carrot and fruit plate, then had spaghetti with cheese and a hamburger as their entree (respectively), and then dessert with ice cream+brownie. This worked out well for us.Special Features:
- DisappointingHonestjohnDined on 7/17/2014First, you have to pay $20 per person to ride the gondola to the top of the mountain. Food was disappointing. really no view from the restaurant but the outdoors area around it was very good. Dining area resembled a cafeteria and service matched. Food was bland.Special Features:
- Beautiful view on mountainNews4UVIPDined on 7/10/2014View, varied American menu, friendly staff Great place to dine in evening before sunset to catch sun as it goes behind mountains. Also fun for lunch after hike or other mountain activitySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Blah FoodVailReviewsDined on 6/28/2014Nothing special - menu is limited - but almost like a Denny's - not at all like Vail
- Evening on the mountain topmntntopdinnerDined on 4/3/2014We really enjoyed our visit to Bistro Fourteen. The restaurant was not too busy when we were seated and we got a window seat to watch the sunset while we ate. Service was great and prices were better than any place I've been to in Vail with similar quality food. If you go during one of their special nights, you can really get a good bargain. We really enjoyed our visit and plan to go back again the next time we're in Vail.Special Features:
- Fun evening snowshoeing fromOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/1/2014Fun evening snowshoeing from the top of Gondola 1 over to the top of the Lionshead Gondola for dinner at Bistro 14. The tuna is super!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was average. Thegg1966Dined on 4/1/2014The food was average. The server was fabulous and very accommodating. The view is spectacularSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great views and food. LovedSNLCDined on 4/1/2014Great views and food. Loved the bean soup, French onion soup, and Ahi tunaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointingsebenj100Dined on 4/1/2014Friendly service. Nacho starter very good. Problem arises when you tried to 'exotic up' otherwise good food. Trout main had so much flavoring it no longer tasted of trout. Indeed it was inedible, as was some rice looking accompaniment. Keep it simple. You are trying too hard. Both meals returned uneaten. Deserts disappointing too, once again trying to be 'haute cuisine' in little taster tubs. Out of 4 tables nearby, 3 tables sent something back to the kitchen. The waitresses standard catchphrase was ' what can I do to make this better' Final irk was there was a special on this night. ie one entree course free. Gratuity automatically included at 18% , PLUS gratuity on the free entree, brought gratuity to 25% of the bill.Special Features:
- The following 82 reviews are from the Bistro Fourteen reviews archive.
- Casual fancyNickDined on 3/27/2014It's got really good food, at reasonable prices (for Vail!), and you can bring your kids. the service is attentive like a fancy place, but the overall vibe is more casual.Special Features:
- Twice at 1470skierDined on 3/5/2014We ate lunch there twice in the last week. The ambience is good, the wait staff are on the ball. The first time we did not have a reservation but were lucky to get a table. We had a reservation the second time. I would recommend getting a reservation early in the morning or the day before. The food was prepared nicely and was quite good. Tendency is to linger and avoid more skiing as the location is comfortable. Deserts were consumed on the second visit and were decadent.Special Features:
- Feast for the eyeMuncherDined on 3/4/2014Views, Views, Views!, We had a late dinner not very crowded, as we were seated and started on our first cocktail (great by the way) several families came in, yes with kids (thankfully they were all very well behaved, yet still were being kids) we were seated somewhat close but were still unaffected by their presence. Our server (an English woman) was on her game, very charming (of course she's English) knew her stuff, checked on us etc. Food was decent flavourfull, somewhat expected, healthy portions, (don't get the out the Restaurant bathroom thing) will definitely go back when next in Vail. Money well spent. Hope you think so too. Cheers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mountaintop Dining at VailMinihahaDined on 2/26/2014Bistro Fourteen has a unique location, on top of Lift One at Vail Mountain. We took the (enclosed) gondola in time to arrive just prior to sunset and took some great photos outdoors before heading inside. Our server was excellent - personable and knowledgable with just the right amount of humor and good natured kidding with our group. Their entrees, especially the trout and the lamb, were outstanding and well presented and their mini desserts were delicious!! Gondola is the only means of transportation and makes it a very special mountaintop experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The gondola ride up whileOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/20/2014The gondola ride up while the sun was setting was just beautiful! Dinner was delicious and the prices are quite reasonable for eating at the top of the mountain.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Forgot one dinerBostondinersDined on 2/18/2014My low score for service was due to the fact that out of 8 diners in our party, one was left without food until the rest of us had finished half their meal. Unacceptable in my opinion. The food (once delivered) was delicious. Fun location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic FoodSarahDined on 2/15/2014We were in town for Valentines weekend and wanted to try some place new and exciting. We had a great time taking the gondola up, enjoyed the great views. We were sat a little earlier than our reservation; it was about 10 minutes before the waiter came over to us. He swapped our wines, took our dinner order and then never came back. Three other waiters had to help us get more water, the dessert menu, and the check. When we told the hostess she said sorry but he has a lot of big tops (he had two). Overall the food was fantastic, but the service was not at all impressive.Special Features:
- Food was mediocre at best.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/15/2014Food was mediocre at best. Caesar salad was overdressed and lettuce was flat. Ordered kids chicken fingers and asked of they were seasoned and was told no. They came out and not only was it all bread and no chicken, there were huge black pepper flakes throughout the breading. Two kids meals $20 and my kids wouldn't touch them. Very disappointing for Vail.
- Not my Valentine!TasteBuddZDined on 2/14/2014We chose the 14 because there was no overpriced prixe fixe menu on V Day and it had availability. The hostess was all smiles, waitress Devlin was not.The meal peaked at the soup du jour. We order pork belly & Ahi app. Ahi was delicious but two tiny slices inadequate, the pork belly was weak, more resembled BBQ pork slices, I told the waitress this is not Pork Belly and she replied " Well it is just bacon" REALLY? My wife ordered soup n Duck salad, myself Chick Pot Pie. In a moment dinner was served....Guys, at least pretend you made it fresh!. Soup excellent Duck salad bowl drowning in dressing,wilty lettuce, 0 Prezo. CPP their sig dish peaked at Prezo in porcelain dish. Chick & veg gravy with puff pastry top. V.R. should be embarrassed.Special Features:
- For a mountaintop restaurantajh1Dined on 2/14/2014For a mountaintop restaurant at the top of a ski lift, the food was outstanding. Made a reservation for the family for convenience as we had an aggressive agenda trying to do a lot on the mountain in only a few days and was very happy with the result. (There is a tubing hill, zip line and snowmobiling course right next to the ski lift as well.) I hesitantly ordered the tuna which was sushi quality and absolutely delicious. They gave our 3 kids (9,7,3) some free apps and desert and all our food was good. Recommended if you want to maximize time having fun on the mountain rather than heading back to town, and yet still get a gourmet meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy experienceValentineDined on 2/13/2014Food was EXCELLENT. The rack of lamb was as good as I have had anywhere and my wife enjoyed her choice which was sesame crusted tuna. I am not normally a desert eater but couldn't resist the offering.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly surprisedKimvaDined on 2/1/2014We were pleasantly surprised with quality of food. There were 6 of us and we enjoyed every single dish. Our server was just great and made us feel at home. We were at Bistro Fourteen for dinner and lunch and they were both fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch on the mountain!ZoltanDined on 1/23/2014We were skiing and our friends weren't.. they took an enjoyable bahn ride to the top of the mountain where we had met them for a fantastic lunch with gorgeous scenery at the top of Vail! Just doesn't get more relaxing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Skiers secretLuv2eatVIPDined on 1/19/2014Although not really a secret, Bistro Fourteen is the best deal on Vail mountain for lunch. Reasonable prices (in fact even cheaper than cafeteria prices for kids) and sit-down service plus the ability to reserve a table, make this our family go-to lunch place. The food is also reliably excellent. My only reservation in writing this review is that it might be harder to get into for lunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great on the mountain diningOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/14/2014Casual and relaxing atmosphere. Great for kids as well. Good meal after a few hours at Adventure Ride.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was not as good as we rememberMetroDCDinerVIPDined on 1/3/2014We eat at bistro 14 each year on our annual ski trip to vail. It is a perfect spot for lunch before your last run. While the food is good, it was not as good as we remembered. The burger was good but not outstanding. The starter nachos needed a big more heat (ask for jalapeños). The chicken pot pie and onion soup are still fabulous. The service is fast and friendly. Worth a lunch while your on the mountain. You won't be disappointed.I would recommend this to a friend.
- lots of snowloverofvailDined on 12/31/2013Our evening was wonderful. I do think a little extra thought could go in to warming the atmosphere of the place up a little bit. A little dim lights would be nice along with maybe some soft music playing to cut the conversation noise a bit. I just think the food id wonderful for the price. I just think the interior needs a little beefing up to vail standards.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unpretentious sit-down diningDoyenneDined on 12/31/2013Unpretentious sit-down dining on the slopes of Vail Mountain. Great menu, reasonable pricing and fabulous service from Sid.Special Features:
- SnowboardOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/31/2013This is a great place to take a break from snowboarding to grab a nice lunch. The menu is great for gluten free people too. That have a wide selection of choices so nobody will go hungry. I wouldn't recommend eating here for dinner as there are many more restaurants I prefer down the mountain. Overal I would try this place again!Special Features:
- Casual friendly atmosphere!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/28/2013Excellent staff ! Great food! Really enjoyed ourselves. Fun taking the gondola up the mountain for dinner! Would definitely recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best on the slopes of VailSkierSDDined on 12/27/2013Outstanding food, excellent service, great view, and reasonably priced. Have been to all what Vail can offer, and can highly recommend this one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- expected moreTraumamdVIPDined on 12/25/2013I expected more than just on mountain dining. Yes better than the usual cafeteria style food but far from anything that i would return for.
- Worth the ride!MargeDined on 8/16/2013This is at the top of the Vail gondola. You do pay to ride up but it's a beautiful view and they give you dining coupons to use for dinner or drinks at the top. Food is good, not too pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what I thoughtHubieDined on 8/9/2013Actually, due to the on-line pictures, I thought 14 was the more elegant restaurant upstairs. After all table clothes and candles eludes to something more than a casual bistrl. If I had wanted a bistro I would have rated this place higher. With that being said, our wait person was excellent and she was Julie on the spot for all our needs! Guess that is how they are tought down under in Melbourne !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food with a viewMilehighdiningDined on 6/29/2013This is a great restaurant at the top of the Eagle Bahn gondola at Vail Ski Area. Whether you want to take a break from skiing in the winter or hiking in the summer, it would be great place to eat on the mountain. Even better is taking a ride back up the mountain following your activities for a nice relaxing or romantic dinner. Great food, good wine list are a real plus. One note, you do need a lift ticket to get there. Also, it's a little cooler than down in Vail so bring a jacket.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No view! but good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/22/2013We chose Bistro 14 because we had out of town guests who we wanted to show the view, and we needed a restaurant that was handicap accessible. Unfortunately, our table had just about no view. The indoor seating might as well be anywhere. Very strange. The out-of-towners still enjoyed the novelty of riding the gondola to lunch. Our waitress was very good, and the food was very good--for the casual restaurant that it is. I had the flank steak sandwich, and it was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view - ok foodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/21/2013View was awesome. Food was just ok. Nothing specialSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor service/food issuesSherryHDined on 6/21/2013We did have a group of 10...but for as expensive as it was and as few people were in the place, expected quicker food service. At times our waitress was MIA..? We never had enough water for the number of people in our group :/. The food..I had the trout and would suggest that to anyone, but The risotto...was sticky instead of creamy. My sons chicken and nieces....had a film on it, like it had been sitting under a heat lamp. The pork chops were done to perfection, and the kids food was great...love the little appetizer for them and desert. stunning views and great pictures area! Not sure if we would eat there again, but at least we had great company...my family from Wisconsin :)Special Features:
- Nice RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/6/2013If your looking for cheaper fare, this would be it. Reasonably priced for Vail mountain. Food was a bit substandard - trout was good, but potatoes were undercooked. The Monte Cristo was not actually a Monte Cristo - it didn't appear to have been deep fried, just served on Texas toast. Felt a bit ripped off after the meal.
- A great restaurant with anOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/4/2013A great restaurant with an even more spectacular view. Food/wine were superbSpecial Features:
- Great spot - much less expensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 3/29/2013Great spot - much less expensive than other Vail "cafeteria style" restaurants, with full sit-down service, ability to make reservations and much better food. Excellent kids menus too ($10 for 3 courses).Special Features: