Bistro du Soleil - VA
1504 King St.
Alexandria, VA 22314Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
Bistro du Soleil - VA
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bistrodusoleilva.com/
- Phone: (571) 312-2754
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Sunday: 4:30 - 11:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Moroccan, Spanish, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Samir Labriny
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Flamenco Guitarists on Friday and Saturday nights 9:30 pm- 1am
A word from Bistro du Soleil - VA
Enjoy authentic Mediterranean food in the heart of Alexandria, VA.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bistro du Soleil - VA reviews from OpenTable diners
34 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (18)neighborhood gem (14)romantic (13)fit for foodies (12)special occasion (8)late-night find (7)kid-friendly (3)great for lunch (2)notable wine list (2)hot spot (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- goldilocksVIPDined on 11/7/2014Awesome find. Gave our vegetarian daughter and our son's vegan girlfriend many options. Food was wonderful with inventive options. Wait staff was on top of our water glasses. Had no idea they had dancing on Friday ! We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb foodReshmaDined on 11/1/2014We drive by Bistro du Soleil pretty regularly - nondescript and almost invisible from the outside, but what a gem! The interior is colorful, spacious. We went early but I believe they have a live band on the weekends, so I imagine it can get loud. We weren't too hungry so decided to stick to the appetizers. My husband and I are self-professed foodies and we were pleasantly surprised by the flavors! The baked brie, the piri piri shrimp and the adass mshermil get two thumbs up from us - subtle, delightful flavors. The bread they served with the appetizers is among the best that I have tasted in any Spanish, Lebanese, Italian, Greek, or Moroccan restaurant. We're definitely going back for more. The dessert menu is very limited, though.Special Features:
- Great Neighborhood SpotBabsyDined on 10/25/2014It was good to find a place in Old Town that wasn't Italian or overpriced selections. The Mediterranean tapas were especially good. I want to go back for the jazz.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OK, but there are betterBrianDVIPDined on 9/20/2014We tried Bistro Du Soleil on a whim after seeing it open on our way to a different restaurant a couple of weeks before. We love Mediterranean food, so we figured we would take a chance. Staff was friendly, but disorganized. Service was a little odd, honestly...asked us what we wanted to drink, but there was no drink menu, didn't really have much feedback on the food, sat us right where the entertainment would be (we didn't realize there was entertainment) even though there was plenty of open seating. Food was OK to very good, depending on what you get, nothing spectacular. There's better a few blocks down King St. The entertainment was a belly dancer...fun, but a little awkward based on where we sat. Overall OK, but not rushing back.Special Features:
- DisappointedcatmomDined on 9/20/2014The food was not as expected; the Bastilla was soggy and greasy, the salmon was overcooked, under seasoned and there was no evidence that preserved lemon was used to flavor the dish. The lamb was overcooked and there was no sauce; just a serving of rice, a serving of carrots, and a serving of overcooked, under seasoned lamb chunks. It was on par with hospital or cafeteria food.
- Not Bad but Not Greatlishabelle22Dined on 9/6/2014The food here was nothing special. I had the artichoke chicken and I felt like I could have made the same thing at home, plus the portion of chicken was too small in my opinion. Their sangria was good and overall everything was very well priced. The vibe is slightly strange but the staff was really nice. Also close to the King street metro.
- Good, but too saltyRachouDined on 9/3/2014I liked the location, the service, and the variety of the menu. The calamari as an appetizer was excellent. However, I did not enjoy my main dish at all. I order the seafood paella but couldn't really eat any of the rice. It had a tomato based sauce that was entirely wayyyyy too salty. I ate the chicken and seafood but left all the rice, unfortunately.
- A nice find on King Street in AlextwinaDined on 8/30/2014This is our second visit and we enjoyed it as much as the first. The staff are very, very pleasant and efficient and the food is excellent. We really love the enclosed booths and couches as we have been with a group both times. This may become our neighborhood regular and we will continue to bring other friends here to introduce them to it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Weird roomKayakrisDined on 8/29/2014Bistro du Soleil's food was fresh with well-balanced seasonings, and the pita bread is marvelous. The setting itself however, seems not to have been updated since the previous Moroccan restaurant departed. There is an unusual display prominent in the room: a non working fountain placed on a portable dance floor, in front of a small stage. The banquet seating looked very comfortable, the service was friendly and prompt. But the whole open floor area needs rethinking.Special Features:
- Loved Bistro du Soleil!noahVIPDined on 8/2/2014We had a wonderful evening here! We sat in a private alcove with pillows, the food and sangria was delicious! There were were such interesting options on the menu.. something for everyone, even vegans! THe service was excellent, our waiter was so friendly! We are glad we like to dine on the late side, because starting at around 9:30, there was live music and it was very good. Everybody there seemed to be having a good time. If we get back to Alexandria, we will definitely return.Special Features:
- Excellent foodLWoodVIPDined on 8/2/2014We had the lamb shank and paella as entrees, with the mezze appetizer platter to start. All were excellent, and the hummus was outstanding. Highly recommend you try this place - especially those less familiar with the cuisine. Our servers gave excellent recommendations and took great care of us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 8 reviews are from the Bistro du Soleil - VA reviews archive.
- Texan6VIPDined on 7/28/2014A rare find. Good food at cheap prices. Service was fine. The cheeses were outstanding and the lamb was prepared the way it should be.Special Features:
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014Had an excellent dinner experience here. Food was excellent. Our waiter had great recommendations. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but place needs renovatioExelentDined on 7/24/2014Service aceptable food good but not what I was specting. Poor wine list Restaurant needs renovations RUSH.
- Bistro du Soleil Sun/Mon/Tues specldoughDined on 7/20/2014went there for the $29 sun/mon/tues special with a bottle of wine.. great price esp with wine, staff friendly and willing to please.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very authentic Moroccan vibesfromtheburbsDined on 6/28/2014The decor exuded the appropriate atmosphere to complement the many menu items that were traditional and delicious. Very welcoming and inviting ambiance.Special Features:
- Bistro du SoleilomnivoreDined on 6/28/2014Excellent restaurant.. The vegetarian entrees were outstanding with delicious seasonings and the paella was also very good. This restaurant opens at five, but open table got us a reservation for 4:45 so the restaurant wasn't open when we arrived. Fortunately, it was worth the wait but open table get your act together.Special Features:
- Excellent!TBBestDishesVIPDined on 6/16/2014I visited on a Monday while in DC on business. I had the lamb shank, and it was delicious - tender, flavorful. So I decided to come again on Wednesday; this time I sat in the lounge area to watch the World Cup. The drinks were reasonably priced, service was great. But the star of the show was the Casablanca Bastilla. They took a classic and elevated it to perfection. Everything at Bistro du Soleil says "We are a family; this is our food we are very pleased to share with you". I have recommended it to colleagues in DC. Don't miss out!Special Features:
- Beautiful restaurantmorrocanightDined on 6/14/2014The restaurant décor is beautiful. The food is wonderful and the service is great! This restaurant has to be promoted more. Because it is a big space it looked really empty and quiet for a Saturday night. That night the music was not in accordance with Mediterranean-Morrocan style. The band was playing "blues", shocking combination. I will return again but I will make sure that the band playing will be flamenco music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.