2965 N Lincoln Ave
Chicago, IL 60657Neighborhood:
Lakeview / East Lakeview
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bistrodre.com/
- Phone: 7736979067
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 6:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: BYO Liquor, Counter Seating, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
A word from Bistro Dre
Cozy Lakeview spot with american/european influence for brunch and dinner. Upscale comfort food favorites presented in a rustic shared plate format. The menu changes with the seasons with choices for vegetarian/vegan also. B.Y.O.B. makes the bistro a perfect choice for intimate or group gatherings and the decor and bistro atmosphere creates a great ambience for the perfect get-together. Plates are presented with portions that can be easily shared. Belgium fries/mac and cheese/chicken and waffles/unique selections in flatbread choice and homemade desserts that are made on the premises make dining at Bistro Dre an experience that you will want to enjoy often.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bistro Dre reviews from OpenTable diners
64 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (52)fit for foodies (38)good for groups (26)great for outdoor dining (19)romantic (18)great for brunch (12)hot spot (11)special occasion (10)kid-friendly (6)great for lunch (4)notable wine list (2)scenic view (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Great Neighborhood SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/20/2014Great fare at Bistro Dre. Had the California Benedict served on perfect puff pastry with amazing Hollandaise. Loved the bites of banana bread served as we sat down. Very interesting menu. Looking forward to going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood JewelOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/13/2014We happened upon Bistro Dre for dinner before a play. It was lively but warm. The food was delicious and nicely presented.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Neighborhood SpotLaurenDined on 8/29/2014Excellent Service & delicious food! We love this little gem, and the BYOB makes it even better!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent food & ServicetpainDined on 8/22/2014The chef (Andre) is excellent! Service was relaxed as in a European restaurant.Special Features:
- Love this place!Foodlover8990Dined on 8/19/2014Absolutely love this place! Great for brunch and dinner. Perfect for both dates and group dinners. Extremely reasonably priced. LOVE LOVE LOVE!Special Features:
- BirthdayKiki034Dined on 8/16/2014It was our daughters 30th, The food was fantastic!!! And our server Nathan, could not have pampered us any better! The presentation of starters/dinner dishes was awesome and the flavor of all was magnificent !! The garlic bread starter compliments every dish! The birthday dessert was the frosting on the cake! Wish I lived closer. And thanks to open table for keeping us informed.Special Features:
- Nice little neighborhood findOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/8/2014This place talks about how it's known for shared plates and this is so correct. Good size portions to share and lots of great options to choose from. The French onion soup was really good. We're looking forward to going back with a group and trying more food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- southern frenchbonesVIPDined on 8/3/2014Sounded like a French restaurant but more southern comfort food. The fried green tomatoes were excellent and the portions listed as small plates are generous. Bring your friends and share. It is BYOB so bring a good bottle and enjoy!! The son is the chef and the parents the owners. They make everyone feel welcomeSpecial Features:
- Creative Menu | Many Veggie ChoicesmbrownstoneDined on 7/24/2014We loved this neighborhood gem. Friendly wait staff who know the menu. The dishes are a creative twist on comfort food served family style, so all are intended for sharing. I can see coming back many times to work our way through all the items on the menu. We sat outside and although this is on a busy street, it did not feel like we were in the traffic like other Chicago sidewalk cafes. BYOB. Great spot for pre-theater dining -- near the Atheneum. The waiter paced our meal perfectly to get us out in time for the show.Special Features:
- ErnieVIPDined on 7/23/2014The food was very good, but the kitchen was particularly slow this mid-week evening. the owner was very apologetic and comped us a desert.Special Features:
- sg2014VIPDined on 7/23/2014my new favorite chicago restaurant...every aspect was perfectSpecial Features:
- Best secret in LakeviewLTaylorDined on 7/12/2014Maybe it's not a secret because it's always full, but Bistro Dre is charming, delicious and a great date night. There was also a lot of ladies' nights happening while we were there, so I bet that's fun too.Special Features:
- Love Bistro DreChristinaVIPDined on 7/11/2014Bistro Dre is by far one of the best BYOBs in Chicago! It has a wonderful menu, suited to fit any craving! Definitely check this place out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Find...........OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/11/2014Good service, great food and a BYOB with outside seating. What more could you ask? We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just wonderful!lalabeansVIPDined on 6/28/2014Bistro Dre is so unexpected and so wonderful! We took a group with us the second time just so we could try more. Their Belgium fries are out of this world. Enjoy as a date night or with a group and BYOB!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A memorable dinnerweh2funDined on 6/28/2014We chose Bistro Dre because of it's proximity to the Athenaeum Theater. We were very pleasantly surprised at the creativity of the menu, the friendliness of the staff and owners and the charming ambience. We especially enjoyed the way they served each item family style, so we could enjoy a portion of every dish. It would be a fun way to have dinner with a small group. The Whitefish with Quinoa, Bacon and Fennel Crust was fabulous - incredible crispy edges infused with a luscious, smoky bacon flavor. The Surf and Turf (Filet and Shrimp) was done to perfection and the steak was sliced horizontally so each of us could have plenty of the seared crust. The Banana Bread Alaska is a dessert not to be missed. We will return soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An off visitSarahVIPDined on 6/24/2014I visited Bistro Dre for the first time two weeks ago and was impressed by the incredible food and service. We loved the chicken & waffles, mac n' cheese, and spinach salad. We were so impressed that we brought our friends for the Tuesday night chicken & waffle special, only to discover their chicken dish no longer included delicious cornbread waffles. We told the waiter how disappointed we were since we had returned for that dish, and he assured us the biscuit now being served with the meal was made with the same ingredients, only in a different shape. When it arrived, the biscuit was small and tasted very different. We asked for a few extra biscuits for the table and were brought one to share between our three orders.Special Features:
- Neighborhood genJudichicagoDined on 6/7/2014Loved this small and friendly bistro. Small plates to share including fabulous pear salad and lobster bisque. Excellent fish and steak to share. Welcoming service including a chat with the owner. BYOB. A fun might out at a place to which we definitely will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReviewNomNomDined on 6/5/2014Beet stuffed beets and Mushroom tart were really yummy. Entrees not so much, the "blue cheese crusted" steak consisted of crumbled blue cheese on top that was torched like a creme brulee, giving it that butane taste, but the steak was cooked perfectly and tasted great. The pork entree was good. Dessert was really good. It was a thurday evening dinner, not many diners. I had high expectations for some great food, while not blown away, I was satisfied and will return to try their brunch.Special Features:
- Dinner with parentssnacksonsnacksDined on 5/31/2014All the food was wonderful, as always, and service was attentive and quick, but not overbearing. The noise level was especially high. . This appeared to be in part because there was one extremely loud table that everyone was trying to speak over. It was a little disappointing because it soured the experience and took away from the otherwise good experience, but will forever be remembered as just a really loud dinner that spoiled conversation. Seared salmon, Belgian frites, greek salad, french onion soup, and tomato basil soup were all flawless and delicious, enjoyed by everyone at the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/29/2014The first time we came, we didn't know it was BYOB...bummer! The next time we came prepared! Peter is awesome. We've had him both times we've been there. The second time, we just let him pick what we would eat and he did great. It's amazing how inexpensive the food is when you are able to bring your own wine! Such a fun place. Andre is a great cook and his parents are so sweet! We look forward to bringing our dinner club there.Special Features:
- The following 169 reviews are from the Bistro Dre reviews archive.
- Creative Menu - Delicious FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/25/2014AND friendly service AN BYOB - what more could you want? New on the menu - bone marrow - yum. Also delicious - mushroom tart - I wasn't going to have the sauce, but it was yummy. We LOVE this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!!SurelySippinDined on 5/23/2014The food is excellent. You can't go wrong with the chicken and cornbread waffles and the spinach salad is delicious. But then again everything I've had here is wonderful! And the staff and owners are great. Highly recommend. :)
- A great spot for drinks or a mealMaryDined on 5/16/2014The owners are amazing, the selections were very creative. The banana bread pudding with salted caramel dessert was unforgetable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mostly goodLorenzoVIPDined on 5/10/2014Recent dinner experience was good enough to warrant a second visit, but could have been better. Some menu items (i.e. fried green tomatoes, spa salmon, sweat potato pie) were excellent. A few (salad and some risotto) were very weak. Service was quite good and it's a very nice space so, we'll try again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing foodEretria8VIPDined on 4/29/2014We are so glad we found this small neighborhood gem! The service from being greeted at the door to our waiter's attention was great and friendly. The menu had a great selection of different foods which covered a range of tastes. From Bistro poutine with brisket to a spinach salad with apples and goat cheese, there was something for everyone in our party. The plates are very large and meant to be shared so keep that in mind when ordering. We can't wait to return to try other dishes we simply didn't have room for on our first visit. We had a delightful meal in every sense.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice neighborhood restaurantlocalresident64Dined on 4/26/2014Enjoyed another dinner at Bistro Dre. Have been there several times over past few months. Seem to have a better handle on seating and food and service remains quite good. A BYOB to recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best fried chicken EVERcoffeeDined on 4/25/2014I wanted to take my best friend to dinner to say "thanks for everything!" and a local wine distributer recommended Bistro Dre. Dinner was outstanding and the service was superb. Al, in particular, really made us fee at home. Now, I can't wait to come back to Chicago and back to Bistro Dre!Special Features:
- Food4thoughtFood4thoughtDined on 4/13/2014The restaurant needs a make over. From the bric-a-brac on the walls to the seating arrangements to the menu. It's a jumble of stuff. The staff on the other hand were very friendly and ready to answer questions you may have on the menu. Would I come here again? Not for french dinning, cause I'm confused, empanadas, flatbread (pizza), pasta with shrimp that wasn't fresh (frozen), Italian soft drinks. And the dessert menu you can get anywhere, not very special. Sorry, this wasn't a winner.Special Features:
- AmazingFoodlover8990Dined on 4/6/2014I went to this restaurant twice in one week. Absolutely love everything about it. Great to go with groups and share plates. Also great for dates! Wouldn't change a thingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bistro Dre ReviewDiDiVIPDined on 4/5/2014This is wonderful restaurant, BYOB, with delicious food. The Chef is innovative. The staff makes you feel so welcome. ALong with hugs and thanks when you depart. GREAT restaurant!Special Features:
- Adorable restaurant!SMW84VIPDined on 4/5/2014Bistro Dre was very cute inside, BYOB, and had excellent service. Everything we tried was good, but some highlights would be the pear salad & the poutine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeJchoDined on 3/21/2014We didn't have special plan for the night we went to Bistro Dre, this restaurant made it. We think that the food and service was excelent and enough reasons to come back, with the dessert we confirm it, it was the top. We will come back! Great place, it was very noisy but you forget everything once you start to enjoy the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disaterous EndingJackieDined on 3/15/2014What started out as a wonderful evening, ended as one of the worst dining experiences. The disappointment came once our desserts were ordered. Our waiter had not paced our meal, nor did he inform us that we needed to be out by a certain time. We were asked to move tables, then asked to move to the bar, but there was no availability at either. We were asked, again, to hurry up, pay our bill and leave. We paid our bill and finally moved to an open table, but then we ere asked to stop moving plates from the previous diners and told that we could be kicked out of there. We left, knowing we would NEVER go back again, nor would we recommend anyone supporting Bistro Dre’s customer harassment. There many other wonderful restaurants to try.
- Perfect ExperienceMollyVIPDined on 3/14/2014Everything about our meal and dining experience was perfect. The staff goes out of their way to accommodate. For example, before our outstanding meal (beet salad, fish, steak were out of this world) I had a small bottle of Korbel to share with my partner as a mini-celebration, as per BYOB. The waiter noticed, and brought a beautiful plate of champagne grapes and whipped goat cheese on strawberries with crumbled hazelnuts for us to nosh on with the champagne. Completely gratis and unexpected, this is truly an exceptional place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/20/2014Best Belgian Fries! My favorite restaurant in Chicago! Not pretentious - Not glam -don't go to impress your high maintenance friends (keep them out of this place - keep it our secret) just super delicious tasty food - not obtainable at those "big" restaurants that are typical in Chicago. IT is a restaurant where the Chef owner runs the kitchen! YES YES YES YES!!! This place has a European vibe and seems more NY. My wife, family and I love this place and its BYOB. Ready for this???? Pellegrino at $3/bottle- take that ripoff restaurants that charge $7. Super nice staff and Chef/Owner's parents are there to help servers! BRAVO! This places saves West Lakeview dining - it is well worth it!Special Features:
- Poor service and mediocre foodLmclevDined on 2/15/2014Our waiter was a bit older so I was trying to cut him some slack but he kept saying the strangest things. The service definitely left A LOT to be desired. Now to the food... Our steak was chewy and tough despite being cooked as ordered at medium rare. At $24 I was expecting a higher quality meat (like you'd see at HB). We also ordered the Mac and cheese which was basically pasta with Alfredo sauce on it and was also over priced at $17. The only thing that actually met our expectations based on the price was the Brie plate. Overall I will not be returning and wished I hadn't wasted $80 or my evening here!
- Good but Room for ImprovementOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/15/2014We heard great things about this place & were excited to go for Valentine's weekend. It's very cramped, and waay too bright, hence my 2 stars for ambience. The host could have been better while waiting. We sat near the door and both froze to death, the widows were drafty and everytime the door opened you got hit hard with cold air. (Obviously a different story in the summer). The lobster bisque was probably the most amazing thing I've ever tasted in my entire life!! Excited to see fried chicken on the menu, however, very disappointed with it. Too dry and smokey, almost sent it back but didn't want to bother. Overall, we were disappointed. The fact that it's BYOB is nice and our waiter was very friendly.Special Features:
- Great little brunch spotOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/15/2014We arrived around 11am Saturday for brunch, and were quickly seated (we had made reservations, but there was a decent amount of space left). Our server was wonderfully charming and delightful, bringing us homemade banana bread (free!) and coffee right away while we looked over the menu. I got the steak and eggs, she ordered the smoked salmon benedict. Steak and eggs were great. The smoked salmon benedict was incredible. Well paired flavors. Toast and croissant that came afterwards were delicious, as was the coffee cake (free). Can't recommend this place enough for brunch. Definitely going back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice valentine's dinnerMiriDined on 2/14/2014We had 8 o'clock reservations and were seated immediately. Overall, food was great, atmosphere very cozy, and love that it's BYOB. We will be back in a 'normal' night. However, service could have been better. I rarely give negative reviews on service because food is foremost in my book, but when the service is lacking, it interferes with the food experience. Understandably, it was valentines day and busy/crowded, but there was a definite discrepancy between us and the service given to both tables on either side of us, by the same server. Maybe they should have had hired an extra server.Special Features: