Bistro Don Giovanni -- Napa
4110 Howard Lane
Napa, CA 94558Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Bistro Don Giovanni -- Napa
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bistrodongiovanni.com/
- Phone: 7072243300
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 5:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Donna Scala
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Wine
- Catering: Please contact us for catering questions.
- Private Party Facilities: Our terraces are fashioned to create two separate dining areas and are the perfect venue to entertain your family, friends or business associates.
Our fireside Terrace seats up to 45 guests. Completely enclosed and heated for winter, the French doors and garden windows are open to the Napa Valley throughout the summer.
Our Parco Terrace seats up to 25 guests and also has outdoor heaters for those breezy evenings. It has a spectacular view of the valley’s majestic mountains and our own flourishing gardens.
All private events are designed under Donna's direction to insure the most enjoyable guest experience.
- Private Party Contact: Curtis Bradford 7072243345
A word from Bistro Don Giovanni -- Napa
Bistro Don Giovanni offers a warm and inviting experience with all the personality of a Mediterranean hideaway. Chef Donna Scala’s rustic fare incorporates local fruits, vegetables, meat and fowl into traditional, fresh Italian dishes with her signature, creative flair. Freshly baked breads, local olive oil, beautiful salads, tasty appetizers and homemade pastas are inspired by the bounty of Napa Valley. Main courses offer an array of regionally sourced and highest quality creations of chicken, steaks, burgers and seafood. The bar features hundreds of Napa Valley and Italian wines as well as a host of signature cocktails.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Bistro Don Giovanni -- Napa - Best Restaurants in Napa ›
Bistro Don Giovanni -- Napa reviews from OpenTable diners
424 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (313)fit for foodies (238)great for lunch (192)special occasion (189)notable wine list (151)neighborhood gem (141)good for groups (138)romantic (126)scenic view (121)great for brunch (88)kid-friendly (65)hot spot (63)vibrant bar scene (49)late-night find (29)Show More
- EDWARDVIPDined on 8/29/2014Lunch at Bistrio Don Giovanni was very good, as the Minestrone soup, Caesar salad, and shrimp risotto,were all delicious. The service was most attentive and the restaurants setting in a vineyard made for a most enjoyable lunch. Prices are reasonable at Bistro Don Giovanni and this is an excellent choice for a meal when in the Napa Valley.Special Features:
- Always consistentLindajsweetpeaVIPDined on 8/25/2014Don Giovanni has always been a favorite. Consistent, excellent food and service. One of the truly great restaurants that aims to please. Thanks for caring.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/23/2014We dined at Bistro Don Giovanni, and had a wonderful time. We will never forget the evening, as it was notable for an entirely different event-the early morning earthquake that shook us all out of our slumber. We hope to dine there again, once everything settles down in the valley. Our hearts go out to everyone, and every business affected by the quake.Special Features:
- Elizabeth123Dined on 8/23/2014Bistro Don Giovanni is a charming, welcoming restaurant just a few miles north of Napa downtown. It has a lovely garden with patio seating, as well as beautiful interior. The tables are a bit close, but that didn't affect our utter enjoyment of our meal--the fabulous Heirloom tomato and mozzarella salad and a pepperoni pizza. All foods are organic, fresh, and local. Our waitress was sweet and helpful. I would definitely return to this gem of a restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- None Better in rhe ValleyArbitratorVIPDined on 8/23/2014If you're in the mood for well prepared rustic Italian food at reasonable prices in the Napa Valley - Bistro Don Giovanni is your kind'a place. You'll find the place jammed with wine industry insiders, locals and tourists - the noise level can deafening - the service is always good - the wine list is fairly priced - and there's outside seating with a view of the vineyards. You can spend a lot more and get a lot less at some of the Valley's trendier spots.Special Features:
- Great discoveryMSPWineGuyDined on 8/21/2014Tried BDG on a work trip with colleagues. Outstanding across the board. Great offerings for both food and beverage. I wish the wine selections were more extensive for the Italians but it's Napa Valley -- I get it. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fair experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 8/17/2014Nice day sitting outside. Pasta bolognese was only ok. Fritto misto was great. Tricolore only OK. Server was an uninterested guy. Italian syrah has nice. Grade B.Special Features:
- Saturday night dinnerMichaelDined on 8/16/2014Been here numerous times and it's always above par. We were seated immediately and had attentive wait staff. Our entree's were good however, not spectacular which was a little disappointing. We will still go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian gem in wine country!foodloverDined on 8/16/2014We had an amazing meal at this beautiful wine country restaurant.. The setting is lovely, with citrus & fruit trees in the garden, with a nice courtyard filled with flowers! We had a reservation and initially were given a seating inside, which is not so great, but we requested an outside one, said we should have requested when we made one, but gave us one in the intermediate patio seating area instead, so was a good compromise! The service was too slow, it took an hour for our first course to arrive, looks like our waiter may have forgotten to place our order. The food is the best part of the experience, the peach salad, lemon ravioli, risotto, margerita pizza, pannacotta and fruit crisp were absolutely delicious. Highly recommend!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/15/2014Don Giovani's has great food and service but it's sooooo loud!!Special Features:
- FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/14/2014Baked chicken very good. Lemon ravioli tasted like a low calorie frozen dinner. Dessert yummy.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/14/2014we went twice in a week. Loved being outdoors; not so much indoors. Food fabulous and great service.Special Features:
- Noisy!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/14/2014Noise level was oppressive. The dining room needs fabrics and/or other sound-deadening materials. Will choose another restaurant next time.Special Features:
- Delicious as usualAnneVIPDined on 8/14/2014Wonderful dinner as always. We went for my birthday and I had my favorite ravioli al limone and a side of spinach. Fabulous service and ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bistro Don GiovanniNapaValleyWinoDined on 8/14/2014Wedding anniversary dinner. We chose Don Giovanni because they never disappoint. And, they did not this evening. Dinner was great but the service was the best. I had pre-ordered some bubbly for the table to be presented as we sat down. And, they were right there. Great suggestions for dinner, even presented a small desert for us to share. All in all, a great night, great dinner, great place. We couldn't recommend it more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our anniversary spotKarinDined on 8/14/2014We love this amazing place.. And we e made it a tradition of going for anniversary lunch each year. Thanks! Tip to new folks... The trifle is amazing.Special Features:
- Great place for a 50th anniversary!silverfoxDined on 8/13/2014A romantic atmosphere for our 50th. The service was excellent and the food spot on. All customers, couples or groups, seemed well served. Easy to find. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kathryn made our dinner!cinsolVIPDined on 8/12/2014While we picked this restaurant simply due to a combination of proximity to our hotel and consistently strong reviews, we would go back for both the food and service. I can't say enough about the talents of our server Kathryn (sp?) who through excellent knowledge of the menu and wine list as well as a fantastic sense of humor engaged us in an exceptional evening. The pasta dishes we had (Pasta of the Day and the best Pasta Bolognese I have ever had) were recommended by our server and she was spot on. In addition, the fish of the day was lovely. Far and away one of the best dining experiences I have had in Napa!Special Features:
- Great evening!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/11/2014We had a wonderful meal! We sat outside and it was lovely! The service was excellent and the food amazing! We hadn't been there in a while and it was as good as ever!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Alway a GEM!!hoteljeffDined on 8/11/2014This place is another one of our go to places!! Sitting out on the patio or on the side area with the Fire Place while enjoying a bowl of fried olives and a Martini is just the best. The Service is always on! Many of the team have been there for quite a few years. This last visit our waiter was wonderful---never rushed and so helpful. Well be back soon!! Thanks!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Gluten-Free Options!SheriAndTheGirlsDined on 8/11/2014A lovely place to have a late lunch! This was our second annual luncheon, and the experience was just as wonderful as last year. We dined outside on the patio, with a lovely view of the gardens and vineyards beyond. The service was outstanding - friendly, knowledgeable, and attentive to our needs. As always, the food was delectable. A nice assortment of salads and pasta offerings. But the best thing for me was was the Gluten-Free pasta options. Thank You!Special Features:
- Such an incredible experienceBelg58Dined on 8/10/2014Its been a few years since we've dined here and what a nice return experience. Our favorite appetizer (fried olives) was not on the menu but its always available (little secret our wait staff told us). Every item was perfect and sharing is always an option. It does get crowded and a bit noisy, but not too loud to where we had to raise out voices to speak to each other.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A must stop inMikeVIPDined on 8/10/2014Fantastic as usual. Kind of a normal to stop here and have lunch on the way to the airport to head home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HookerAlleyVIPDined on 8/9/2014I did not make this reservation & know nothing about it - Very odd. To receive this feedback questionnaire, does that mean someone showed up using my name?
- LLL108Dined on 8/9/2014All round wonderfully consistently delightful restaurant, attractive to both locals and tourists. Especially friendly and warm atmosphere. Fabulous pear martini's !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cah1062Dined on 8/8/2014We three all ordered the filet mignon on risotto. We asked for two of the meals to have the beef cooked well. When the plates were delivered, no questions were asked by the server as to who ordered the more well-done - all were the same - red rare. Tried to eat them, but had to send both back. Just a hassle to start the meal, and then send it back/ wait to complete the cooking. Felt the atmosphere was a bit noisy (and gratefully, we were on the outside area) and crowded inside - it was a Friday night, after all. Liked the house wine. Dessert very good - fresh peaches used. Our waiter worked hard to stay on top of things - and he even made a special olive oil/garlic/vinegar dip for our bread - he really did a good job.
- Amazing Risotto2adults2kidsVIPDined on 8/8/2014Everything was great, but the risotto was out of this world! The flavored were complex, savory, and fresh. Topped with a filet, it was one of the best entrees I've had in years!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TUSCANY IN THE NAPA VALLEY . . . .FoodiesGaloreVIPDined on 8/6/2014The setting (inside & out) is spectacular, as it feels as though you're in Italy. The host, usually the owner (Italian) is very gracious & hospitable. The waitstaff are polished and know the product well. We shared the Grilled Octopus with frisee, potatoes, olives & chilies ($16) and it was so good, then the Beet & Haricot Verts with avocado, fennel and Roquefort vinaigrette ($12) which was incredible. We also shared the Pollo alla Diavola, a roasted Mary’s organic chicken with a corn, bacon & summer squash ragu ($25) = AMAZING, also a side order of the Tuscan Beans ($6) and at the table added salt & pepper, olive oil and a wedge of red onion = Over The Top ( just like my Italian grandparents would do :) Go and enjoy the experience !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vacation DiningTwoForDinnerDined on 8/5/2014Been wanting to dine here for a while. Excellently prepared food. Very good Caesar, pasta's perfect and panna cotta is out of this world. Will definitely be back.Special Features:
- A local keeperluv2eatVIPDined on 8/5/2014Always consistently good. Food & service never disappoint. Staff is very accommodating. Lunch and dinner are equally good. Lively atmosphere. Just an all around great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Keeping To the StandardsJosephDined on 8/3/2014Our recent dining experience at Bistro Don Giovanni in Napa was like a coming home, to in-laws. We are locals, but haven't eaten there for several years. This was a birthday dinner following a concert, and location is a big part of what recommended it to us. Though we requested outdoor dining, we ended up in the patio area, which canceled out the view but met our needs otherwise, for a 7:45 reservation. The waiter was prompt and friendly without being familiar. We enjoyed our salads and entrees very much, though they were not in any way unique. I had a pork chop with green beans, and the pork was very tasty, though the beans were cooked to mushiness. Dessert was a highlight; especially the butterscotch pudding. Prices were fair.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't Miss Don Giovanni's!NapaNancyDined on 8/3/2014This is my favorite Napa Valley restaurant~ always consistently good...I love the ambiance, and the great outdoor dining area, with beautiful views. The fritto misto is a 'don't miss' appetizer, the pizzas are superb, the beet and hericot verts salad is a delight, with avocado, fennel and a roquefort vinaigrette. The roasted chicken is a classic, and of course you need to finish with one of their delicious desserts- the tiramisu is perfecto! Say hi to Giovanni, he is always there with a smile to welcome you~Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality year after yearOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/3/2014This place is a Napa staple and never disappoints. From the food to decor I love everytime I dine there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CindyDined on 8/2/2014Always a favorite choice of ours, we love the food and lively atmosphere. The service staff is friendly and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mostly great!TruckeegalDined on 8/2/2014Found this on yelp with lots of great reviews. Nice ambiance and views. Service was excellent! Caesar was great and enough for 2. some unique pasta dishes that were very good. Portions on the smaller side, but the plus was, we had room for dessert and that was excellent. My Mom asked about the antipasto as a meal and was told it would be great, but it was not at all the traditional and she was very disappointed in that. Guess we should have asked more specifics about that. Otherwise, all good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don Goivanni's must goHomagiatobenesimoDined on 8/2/2014OUTSTANDING food, good wine list, priced just right - need I say moreSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 7/31/2014Perfect place to bring friends from the east coast. They loved it and we had a great time. The weather was perfect for dining outside.Special Features:
- FailBlahDined on 7/30/2014We sat at the bar, and the server there was way too cool for school My $42 steak was prepared incorrectly, and it was fixed, but the attitude was that we were really not cool enough to be there. Sorry, but not great, especially considering the prices.
- 3 eople for lunch on a weekday.rossowinoDined on 7/29/2014We ate in the patio. Typical Italian menu. Bruschetta was wonderful, pastas were very well done but medium portions. Desserts to die for...I had a burger and it was great. Cooked to perfection. Waiter attentive but not overbearing..Great experience..Reminded me of our visits to Northern Italy...Special Features:
- Simply deliciousRachel320Dined on 7/28/2014This was our second visit to Bistro Don Giovanni and every time it just feels like we're walking into dinner with an old friend. The pasta dishes are thoughtful and full of flavor, the salads are fresh and healthy. On this visit, outdoor seating was available although we sat inside. Overall it feels like a very local (non-touristy) and happy experience.Special Features: