Bistro Di Marino
492 Haddon Avenue
Collingswood, NJ 08108Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Bistro Di Marino
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bistrodimarino.com/
- Phone: 8568581700
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: James Marino,
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: BYO Liquor, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout
A word from Bistro Di Marino
James Marino, Collingswood native son & Villa Barone alum, has opened an intimate 40 seat BYOB restaurant on Haddon Avenue in Collingswood, New Jersey. Bistro de Marino offers traditional & tasty Italian fare in a neighborhood restaurant setting..Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Bistro Di Marino - Best Restaurants in Collingswood ›
Bistro Di Marino reviews from OpenTable diners
131 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (94)great for outdoor dining (90)fit for foodies (66)good for groups (60)romantic (57)special occasion (57)hot spot (18)scenic view (13)great for lunch (12)kid-friendly (7)late-night find (7)great for brunch (6)notable wine list (2)Show More
- Great find!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014Small, intimate, frienday place that I would recommend to all of my friends. I'll return soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/25/2014Had an amazing dinner last Saturday night. I had the sweet potatoe gnocchi with a Gorgonzola cream sauce that was one of the best meals I ever had!!!Special Features:
- 10 friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/25/2014We all had a great time and the food was excellent. Our server did a wonderful job waiting on a larger group. Next time I will dine in the outside garden with my wife. It looks very romantic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinnertjl78Dined on 10/25/2014This was probably our fourth visit to this restaurant. Each time the food and service has been very good. The waiter was enthusiastic about the specials and we ordered one of the appetizer specials. Sadly he came back apologizing that they had run out. That was disappointing, especially since we had a relatively early seating at 6:30. One of the things that sets this restaurant apart, imho, is the chefs treat of his homemade "chocolacello" after dinner. Again, not available last Saturday evening. Other than those two events, the dinner was good.Special Features:
- As always, did not disappointOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014We frequent this restaurant every few months, and even though it was the last day of SJ Restaurant Week, and the regular menu was not available, we were still not disappointed. We usually go with a group, and everyone in our groups (we try to introduce different people to Bistro), no one that we've ever been with has ever been disappointed with their meal. Highly recommend this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Luv This Place!!rereDined on 10/24/2014Once again Bistro Di Marino gets rave reviews . Wonderful restaurant week selections ..four courses for 35pp. Had the pecan encrusted salmon ..absolutely delicious:)) nice ambiance n great service !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TriciaDDined on 10/23/2014Delicious food and great service! I would highly recommend Bistro Di Marino!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A GemmikeymVIPDined on 10/23/2014The best gnocchi I've ever had, and that's saying something. We went for restaurant week and every course was divine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic foodThestefsmom9Dined on 10/21/2014Wonderful atmosphere, fantastic food. The only slight negative is that is you are bigger people, the chair space is a bit small and the parking is tough. Of course you have to try the gnocchi. Sweet potato gnocchi was to die for. EnjoySpecial Features:
- restaurantrickVIPDined on 10/18/2014a little disappointing I had the wedge salad very blame also had the pasta in the beef tips also very blame not to mention no atmosphere at all not even a picture on the wall
- Good food!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Veal was average but the seafood and pasta was outstanding. Very noisey when there is a full house; new menus had tiny print and was hard to read in the dimly lit room. Staff is the most attentive and does a great job.Special Features:
- Open Table unreliableOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014Open Table set up and confirmed a dinner reservation for 4pm on Friday night. The Restaurant does not open for dinner until 5pm. The only thing wrong with my dining experience was my open table reservation. It is your responsibility to check for restaurant availability at the time requested. Your service is unreliable. EdSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing as alwaysFaileDined on 10/12/2014This is one of our favorite restaurants to go to, the food is suburb and the service outstanding. Love it!!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/11/2014Out with 4 couples last Saturday, one which was there previously. From the moment we were seated until we left, the whole experience was flawless. Our server, Jeremy was excellent, knowledgable, friendly, and nothing was a problem for him. From the appetizers to coffee, everyone was extremely pleased with every selection, and it was varied. There was nothing to find fault with. Will be back soon, living only a few minutes away.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over the Top Food and ServiceAntoniaDined on 10/4/2014This was our first time to visit Bistro de Marino. I had family visiting from out of town and I was nervous about how the dinner would come off. I had no worries. Our party of 7 raved about each one's dinner. My husband and I can't wait to go back. Loved it!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Collingswood GemChefAnnfromNJDined on 10/3/2014Was so happy to see Bistro di Marino was a bit outside of town and we could find easy parking on the street. The ambiance is very warm and inviting and our server was excellent. The food is authentic Italian and expertly prepared. Their gnocchi's, which are their specialty, were melt in your mouth delish! We also appreciated not being rushed and being given time to digest our appetizer before the entrees were served. Will definitely revisit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dianefrom12thstreetDined on 9/30/2014Food is always great. My favorite restaurant on haddon avenue. Great al fresco dining. I had apps for dinner..shrimp wrapped in pancetta..artichoke fritti...short rib gnocchi s app. Fabulous! Everyone ate something different and enjoyed it all. No room for dessert.. We will return for pumpkin ravi's. ,,!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the PatioPhilly86VIPDined on 9/27/2014We will miss the patio now that the weather is cooling down. For sure the best outdoor dining in the area. Lots of new menu items to try. So far they are all yummy. If you haven't tried Bistro yet what are you waiting for. Great food. Great service. Great family owners.Special Features:
- Vey enjoyableThedink43Dined on 9/23/2014Great ambiance tho a little noisy. Attentive service, very good food. Ate inside would like to try outside area weather permitting - maybe not until next springSpecial Features:
- Bistro Di MarinoMcGinDined on 9/20/2014What a great little place. The food was outstanding, the service was excellent and the ambiance was terrific.Special Features:
- Dining al fresco at its bestLizzyDined on 9/18/2014Food spectacular: gnocchi the best I've ever had; figs wrapped in prosciutto exceptional; grilled peaches w/cannoli cream delicious. Service could not have been better - Chris was super attentive. Outdoor patio is a real treat. Looking forward to going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bella17Bella17Dined on 9/17/2014Second time here in this cozy little Collingswood NJ restaurant. Absolutely loved the food. I am Italian and I have to say that I have never tasted a gravy that mimicked the gravy that my grand mom used to make. She passed many years ago but the second I tasted it the memories came back. Everything was perfect from beginning to ends. May be my new fav italian restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Italian we've had since italyalisonandfrankVIPDined on 9/14/2014We stumbled on this on the advice of a friend. Upon arrival we asked for outside seating and were pleasantly surprised at how simple and beautiful the patio was. Our server was attentive and made solid recommendations which we followed. We ordered the Prosciutto wrapped fig, the Longhot peppers stuffed with fennel sausage, and the antipasto for two. All three were fresh and absolutely spot on, thanks to Chris' recommendation!! We ordered the Gnocchi in the house Pork Sauce, family style, and it was awesome. The only way to follow this meal was with a terrific desert, which was the grilled peach, with cannoli cream, and two cannoli's. DELICIOUS! We are looking forward to going back (and finishing off the leftovers tomorrow for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- saladOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014I was a little disappointed with the wedge salad. I would rate that as fair. The rest of the meal was excellent, especially the fig appetizer and gnocchi. We look forward to coming again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great outdoor diningCharlieVIPDined on 9/10/2014Although there's not much time left, try to get to the outdoor dining at this restaurant. They run a grill and do some amazing work. We had an appetizer of a fig that was stuffed with Gorgonzola wrapped in pancetta and then grilled.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls NightLuv2wineNdineDined on 9/9/2014I went for dinner with one of my best friends who I haven't seen in awhile. We relaxed by the waterfall fountain in the courtyard over one of our favorite bottles of wine and we were able to talk and catch up. We love that Bistro Di Marino is BYOB and we love the atmosphere. The food was delicious and the service was great. It was a perfect night out and we will be back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fix the Air ConditionerLocalgirlDined on 9/5/2014we had a Friday night reservation. The hostess asked if we wanted to sit inside or out, we choose inside since it was one of the hottest days this summer so far. After we were seated we overheard a waiter telling another party the airconditioner was broken. We ordered the wedge salad with gorgonzola dressing. Couldn't taste any gorgonzola in the dressing. We both had different veal dishes and the veal was tough in both. Really not impressed with the food, and the heat didn't help. Decided to leave immediately after we finished dinner since the room was extremely uncomfortable ( no windows or doors open ).
- Courtyard gemsnowdogVIPDined on 9/4/2014My girlfriends and I had a wonderful dinner in the Courtyard on Thursday night. Our waiter was wonderful! The food was good, although I've had other meals there that I've enjoyed better...was a little disappointed in the Seafood Risotto- it was a bit too "pasty", not creamy. Dessert- the grilled pear with the cannolli's was heavenly!! We enjoyed our evening very much- can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Quaint and cozy!LillyDined on 9/3/2014I took my friend for her birthday, as she loves outdoor dining. You have the option of BYOB, but we ordered a mild, home grown white wine - delicious on the pallet! Ordered a chick parm on angel hair. The sauce was nice and light. Serving size was large enough for leftovers the next day. Everything was fresh - warm bread w/a light dipping oil. All in all, EXCELLENT! Priced very reasonable for what we had. Most of all we LOVED THE OUTDOORS. Quiet (other than occasional sound of the Amtrak train); soft music in the back ground, and the sound of a water fall in the distance. Looked forward to the the live jazz band that didn't make it. Just a reason to return on another Wednesday! Loved, loved, loved it! Great for lovers/couples!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- happytravelerVIPDined on 8/30/2014Sat outside on a beautiful evening. With lights overhead, trees all around and the grill going, it reminded me of sitting in a beautiful backyard setting with no cars to distract you. I had the special flounder, egg dipped with a white wine sauce topped with crab. The fish was extremely mild and had a very fresh taste. It could have had a bit more crab but the flounder was abundant. My husband had the veal saltimbucco. I didn't think his veal was as tender as I would have liked but he enjoyed it. We split a sinfully delicious chocolate cake for dessert. Definitely big enough for two people. We even had some left over to bring some home.Special Features:
- guidoDined on 8/30/2014meatballs were sub par and the special of veal marsala was over cooked and chewy
- Salty sangriaSaltyDined on 8/29/2014The outdoor dining is really lovely. That was the best part of our experience. However the service was slow and when we were finally served our drinks they were salty. We mentioned this to server and to the manager. They realized that they accidentally added salt to our pitcher of drinks instead of sugar. When we got the bill we were overcharged for the sangria and brought it to attention of our waiter who adjusted it to the right price. However it would've been nice to have it taken off our bill since we had to wait so long and it was salty the first time. Food had too much oil on it. Overall it was a nice outdoor experience though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomesevlanderDined on 8/29/2014Had a good friend in from out of state. Got together with another couple out on the patio with the waterfall and lush garden. It was an absolutely perfect night under the stings of lights and great comfortable weather. Our server Steven was friendly and attentive. The food was delicious and everyone raved about it. Have eaten here before on both the inside and the patio and never had a bad experience! The patio is first come first serve so get there early or decide to wait, but the inside is also a nice experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- over priced.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014My husband had the flounder which he thought was good but at $30 it should be. I had the penned vodka and it was so bland it was sad. Will not be going back.
- Great jazz night!CherieVIPDined on 8/27/2014This is one of our favorite restaurants. Finally had the opportunity to dine Wed night on a beautiful night with fabulous food, good music and a bottle of wine. Doesn't get any better than this! Kudos to Michael! And our server Brian was great too!Special Features:
- Excellent night out for the FamilyttgratefulDined on 8/26/2014Great food and atmosphere. Service was spot on! This is our favorite restaurant in the Collingswood area. You are never dissappointed!Special Features:
- Another Amazing Dinnerkdd08075Dined on 8/24/2014By far the best restaurant in the area. Food was amazing, service was great. Outdoor courtyard enjoyable on a gorgeous evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Wonderful Summer Evening!saturdaynightsDined on 8/23/2014Once again, we enjoyed dining here with friends. Everyone from service staff to chef (owner) could not be more accommodating. Thank you Bistro Di Marino for another wonderful Summer evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experience!twoandsixDined on 8/21/2014The Di Marinos are fantastic hosts to all who dine at their restaurant. While we don't go as often as we could, the times we have been there have been most enjoyable. Pleasant, relaxing atmosphere, friendly courteous staff, who were attentive and professional. The food was delicious! Our family enjoyed a variety of items from the menu, and each said theirs was delicious! Thanks, Mike Di Marino, for your generous attention to our table as we celebrated family birthdays!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EhLuckyeaterDined on 8/16/2014My husband and I have had a couple of delicious meals here but not this time. The shrimp appetizer was okay but drowning in a salty cream sauce. My salmon entree was so salty it was almost inedible. Same for my husband's chicken saltibucca. With all the choices in Collingwood, don't think we'll be going back which is a shame because we really liked it in the past. New chef?