Bistro Di Marino
492 Haddon Avenue
Collingswood, NJ 08108Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Bistro Di Marino
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bistrodimarino.com/
- Phone: 8568581700
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: James Marino,
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: BYO Liquor, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout
A word from Bistro Di Marino
James Marino, Collingswood native son & Villa Barone alum, has opened an intimate 40 seat BYOB restaurant on Haddon Avenue in Collingswood, New Jersey. Bistro de Marino offers traditional & tasty Italian fare in a neighborhood restaurant setting..Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Bistro Di Marino - Best Restaurants in Collingswood ›
Bistro Di Marino reviews from OpenTable diners
135 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (107)neighborhood gem (88)good for groups (64)special occasion (63)fit for foodies (59)romantic (58)hot spot (20)scenic view (16)great for lunch (10)kid-friendly (7)notable wine list (4)late-night find (4)great for brunch (3)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Love the PatioPhilly86VIPDined on 9/27/2014We will miss the patio now that the weather is cooling down. For sure the best outdoor dining in the area. Lots of new menu items to try. So far they are all yummy. If you haven't tried Bistro yet what are you waiting for. Great food. Great service. Great family owners.Special Features:
- Vey enjoyableThedink43Dined on 9/23/2014Great ambiance tho a little noisy. Attentive service, very good food. Ate inside would like to try outside area weather permitting - maybe not until next springSpecial Features:
- Bistro Di MarinoMcGinDined on 9/20/2014What a great little place. The food was outstanding, the service was excellent and the ambiance was terrific.Special Features:
- Dining al fresco at its bestLizzyDined on 9/18/2014Food spectacular: gnocchi the best I've ever had; figs wrapped in prosciutto exceptional; grilled peaches w/cannoli cream delicious. Service could not have been better - Chris was super attentive. Outdoor patio is a real treat. Looking forward to going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bella17Bella17Dined on 9/17/2014Second time here in this cozy little Collingswood NJ restaurant. Absolutely loved the food. I am Italian and I have to say that I have never tasted a gravy that mimicked the gravy that my grand mom used to make. She passed many years ago but the second I tasted it the memories came back. Everything was perfect from beginning to ends. May be my new fav italian restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Italian we've had since italyalisonandfrankVIPDined on 9/14/2014We stumbled on this on the advice of a friend. Upon arrival we asked for outside seating and were pleasantly surprised at how simple and beautiful the patio was. Our server was attentive and made solid recommendations which we followed. We ordered the Prosciutto wrapped fig, the Longhot peppers stuffed with fennel sausage, and the antipasto for two. All three were fresh and absolutely spot on, thanks to Chris' recommendation!! We ordered the Gnocchi in the house Pork Sauce, family style, and it was awesome. The only way to follow this meal was with a terrific desert, which was the grilled peach, with cannoli cream, and two cannoli's. DELICIOUS! We are looking forward to going back (and finishing off the leftovers tomorrow for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- saladOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014I was a little disappointed with the wedge salad. I would rate that as fair. The rest of the meal was excellent, especially the fig appetizer and gnocchi. We look forward to coming again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great outdoor diningCharlieVIPDined on 9/10/2014Although there's not much time left, try to get to the outdoor dining at this restaurant. They run a grill and do some amazing work. We had an appetizer of a fig that was stuffed with Gorgonzola wrapped in pancetta and then grilled.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls NightLuv2wineNdineDined on 9/9/2014I went for dinner with one of my best friends who I haven't seen in awhile. We relaxed by the waterfall fountain in the courtyard over one of our favorite bottles of wine and we were able to talk and catch up. We love that Bistro Di Marino is BYOB and we love the atmosphere. The food was delicious and the service was great. It was a perfect night out and we will be back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fix the Air ConditionerLocalgirlDined on 9/5/2014we had a Friday night reservation. The hostess asked if we wanted to sit inside or out, we choose inside since it was one of the hottest days this summer so far. After we were seated we overheard a waiter telling another party the airconditioner was broken. We ordered the wedge salad with gorgonzola dressing. Couldn't taste any gorgonzola in the dressing. We both had different veal dishes and the veal was tough in both. Really not impressed with the food, and the heat didn't help. Decided to leave immediately after we finished dinner since the room was extremely uncomfortable ( no windows or doors open ).
- Courtyard gemsnowdogVIPDined on 9/4/2014My girlfriends and I had a wonderful dinner in the Courtyard on Thursday night. Our waiter was wonderful! The food was good, although I've had other meals there that I've enjoyed better...was a little disappointed in the Seafood Risotto- it was a bit too "pasty", not creamy. Dessert- the grilled pear with the cannolli's was heavenly!! We enjoyed our evening very much- can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Quaint and cozy!LillyDined on 9/3/2014I took my friend for her birthday, as she loves outdoor dining. You have the option of BYOB, but we ordered a mild, home grown white wine - delicious on the pallet! Ordered a chick parm on angel hair. The sauce was nice and light. Serving size was large enough for leftovers the next day. Everything was fresh - warm bread w/a light dipping oil. All in all, EXCELLENT! Priced very reasonable for what we had. Most of all we LOVED THE OUTDOORS. Quiet (other than occasional sound of the Amtrak train); soft music in the back ground, and the sound of a water fall in the distance. Looked forward to the the live jazz band that didn't make it. Just a reason to return on another Wednesday! Loved, loved, loved it! Great for lovers/couples!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- happytravelerVIPDined on 8/30/2014Sat outside on a beautiful evening. With lights overhead, trees all around and the grill going, it reminded me of sitting in a beautiful backyard setting with no cars to distract you. I had the special flounder, egg dipped with a white wine sauce topped with crab. The fish was extremely mild and had a very fresh taste. It could have had a bit more crab but the flounder was abundant. My husband had the veal saltimbucco. I didn't think his veal was as tender as I would have liked but he enjoyed it. We split a sinfully delicious chocolate cake for dessert. Definitely big enough for two people. We even had some left over to bring some home.Special Features:
- guidoDined on 8/30/2014meatballs were sub par and the special of veal marsala was over cooked and chewy
- Salty sangriaSaltyDined on 8/29/2014The outdoor dining is really lovely. That was the best part of our experience. However the service was slow and when we were finally served our drinks they were salty. We mentioned this to server and to the manager. They realized that they accidentally added salt to our pitcher of drinks instead of sugar. When we got the bill we were overcharged for the sangria and brought it to attention of our waiter who adjusted it to the right price. However it would've been nice to have it taken off our bill since we had to wait so long and it was salty the first time. Food had too much oil on it. Overall it was a nice outdoor experience though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomesevlanderDined on 8/29/2014Had a good friend in from out of state. Got together with another couple out on the patio with the waterfall and lush garden. It was an absolutely perfect night under the stings of lights and great comfortable weather. Our server Steven was friendly and attentive. The food was delicious and everyone raved about it. Have eaten here before on both the inside and the patio and never had a bad experience! The patio is first come first serve so get there early or decide to wait, but the inside is also a nice experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- over priced.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014My husband had the flounder which he thought was good but at $30 it should be. I had the penned vodka and it was so bland it was sad. Will not be going back.
- Great jazz night!CherieVIPDined on 8/27/2014This is one of our favorite restaurants. Finally had the opportunity to dine Wed night on a beautiful night with fabulous food, good music and a bottle of wine. Doesn't get any better than this! Kudos to Michael! And our server Brian was great too!Special Features:
- Excellent night out for the FamilyttgratefulDined on 8/26/2014Great food and atmosphere. Service was spot on! This is our favorite restaurant in the Collingswood area. You are never dissappointed!Special Features:
- Another Amazing Dinnerkdd08075Dined on 8/24/2014By far the best restaurant in the area. Food was amazing, service was great. Outdoor courtyard enjoyable on a gorgeous evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Wonderful Summer Evening!saturdaynightsDined on 8/23/2014Once again, we enjoyed dining here with friends. Everyone from service staff to chef (owner) could not be more accommodating. Thank you Bistro Di Marino for another wonderful Summer evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experience!twoandsixDined on 8/21/2014The Di Marinos are fantastic hosts to all who dine at their restaurant. While we don't go as often as we could, the times we have been there have been most enjoyable. Pleasant, relaxing atmosphere, friendly courteous staff, who were attentive and professional. The food was delicious! Our family enjoyed a variety of items from the menu, and each said theirs was delicious! Thanks, Mike Di Marino, for your generous attention to our table as we celebrated family birthdays!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EhLuckyeaterDined on 8/16/2014My husband and I have had a couple of delicious meals here but not this time. The shrimp appetizer was okay but drowning in a salty cream sauce. My salmon entree was so salty it was almost inedible. Same for my husband's chicken saltibucca. With all the choices in Collingwood, don't think we'll be going back which is a shame because we really liked it in the past. New chef?
- snowflakeDined on 8/16/2014Dining at Bistro is great, but I must say that my husband always orders the veal and this time is was a bit tough. I also feel that a few more pasta/fish dishes need to be on the menu, such as shrimp and calimari or with scallops.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday Night Dinner for TwoeverySaturdayDined on 8/16/2014Took us a month to get online reservations for Saturday at 6pm time slot even trying by phone. I think the patio is available weather provided without reservations, but this point is not clear. My house salad was rather soggy, crab-shrimp-rice-pasta was OK could use more crab meat. Although, my husband raved about his Caesar salad and Lasagna. He was very impressed. I saw scallops on their online menu, but was disappointed they were not on menu for my visit maybe I just did not order the right item. The Patio is fun and pretty with a fountain and music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceScottyDined on 8/12/2014Love the good, great service and management controls the front room and back. Real family feel. High recommendation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great restaurant to dine outside!diningout2niteDined on 8/8/2014We chose this restaurant for its beautiful outdoor seating patio. Very romantic! The food is very good. I was impressed with their large "daily specials" selection! Service was attentive and friendly. You will hear an occasional train going by, but it is not overwhelming loud. Will definitely plan to return for a date night, girls' night out, or a family gathering! Had a lovely evening out with my husband this time!Special Features:
- Great Girls' Night OutMauiAngelDined on 8/7/2014Bistro di Marino is a wonderful place to get together with friends or family! The outdoor seating is perfect for the warm summer nights. We enjoyed the summer sangria as well as the flounder special. The gnocchi appetizers and salads are a great complement to the main meal. I highly recommend Bistro di Marino!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CelebrationNysieDined on 8/1/2014We came to Bistro Di Marino to celebrate my daughter and her boyfriend as they were off to start the next chapter of their lives- college! We had booked a table outside, but Mother Nature had other plans! The setting was perfect! It reminded me of a cozy little place in Italy! Our waiter Brian was very attentive and personable! The food was amazing!! The penne vodka is the BEST I have eaten anywhere! We ended our meal with dessert of course!! We all had a great experience and I would highly recommend Bistro Di Marino!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dinner in the Courtyard!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/30/2014Four of us had a great dinner at Bistro. We started with the antipasta for two and a sampler of gnocchi. Perfect to share. We went on a Thursday night and they had a small Jazz band playing. Everyone enjoyed their entrees. Wonderful food great atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great patio and food!Timmyh37Dined on 7/30/2014The food is excellent-Italian grill. The patio is perfect-romantic. They had a jazz band when we went, which was nice, but the volume was just too loud. We couldn't hear each other until they took a break. Overall one of our favorite places!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great outdoor diningcwoodfoodieDined on 7/25/2014My husband and I enjoyed Bistro di Marino during farm to fork restaurant week. Everything was delicious. We especially enjoyed the gnocchi and chicken Milanese. Mostly, the outdoor patio was perfect for a warm summer night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!Momof4boysDined on 7/20/2014Bistro is one of my favorite places to eat! We have never had a bad meal there. So when my husband asked where I would like to eat on my birthday, I of course picked there. When we arrived with our 4 boys, we found out it was restaurant week. I was not sure if they would like what was on the menu. Boy was I wrong! They loved it. The food was so fresh and delicious and the menu offered a big variety of local produce selections. And the portions were HUGE! The boys (age 20, 17, 15 and12) along with my husband went home stuffed and satisfied! We even took home some leftovers! The outback seating is the best place to be during the summer also! Thanks for a great birthday dinner!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LisaOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/20/2014Awesome little Italian restaurant with beautiful outdoor courtyard! Dinner is always good and the service is even better!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Patio is Awesome!Philly86VIPDined on 7/19/2014Love this place. Sitting outside on the Bistro patio on a nice summer night, enjoying terrific food and a great wait staff that is always hustling to provide friendly attentive service, makes for a perfect evening. Bistro DiMarino really is a neighborhood gem. The new wine list is nice but we still prefer to bring our own. If you are looking for great food, great service and the best outdoor dining around, then Bistro DiMarino is the place to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Back to celebrate!CarolDined on 7/19/2014When my son got married last year we held the rehearsal dinner at Bistro di Marino and Michael and staff couldn't have made it more special! We have been back several times since to this wonderful restaurant that features some of the best Italian food with a menu varied enough for the pickiest of eaters. We decided to celebrate their first anniversary at Bistro di Marino last Saturday night and enjoyed everything from the food to the service to the ambiance of the outdoor courtyard. Thanks to Michael and everyone at Bistro di Marino's for making the night so special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful Outdoor EveningsaturdaynightsDined on 7/19/2014On arrival we were greeted warmly and upon advising that we were "opentable" and had requested the outdoor dining, since it was a beautiful evening, we were taken to our table. Service was "perfect", paced just right for an evening out with friends, food was very good and prices are reasonable. I certainly would consider this a "neighborhood gem" and recommend it often to others. Thank you Bistro Di Marino.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!LoveTheMarinosDined on 7/17/2014I always love this place. The food is always spectacular. Beautiful and delicious! The staff is excellent. We ate outdoors on s beautiful Tuesday night. There was a special party going on at the same time and party goers and small groups of diners all blended well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food Great, Service LackingLuv2DineDined on 7/16/2014Food was good. Service was good until the meal was served and then we waited over 10 minutes to have our plates cleared. The jazz band was way too loud for the area we were in.
- Beautiful EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014What a wonderful outdoor dining venue. We sat by the outdoor fountain and it was so lovely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.