Bistro Di Marino
492 Haddon Avenue
Collingswood, NJ 08108Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Bistro Di Marino
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bistrodimarino.com/
- Phone: 8568581700
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: James Marino,
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: BYO Liquor, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout
A word from Bistro Di Marino
James Marino, Collingswood native son & Villa Barone alum, has opened an intimate 40 seat BYOB restaurant on Haddon Avenue in Collingswood, New Jersey. Bistro de Marino offers traditional & tasty Italian fare in a neighborhood restaurant setting..Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Bistro Di Marino - Best Restaurants in Collingswood ›
Bistro Di Marino reviews from OpenTable diners
146 reviews since April 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (112)neighborhood gem (91)special occasion (78)fit for foodies (69)good for groups (68)romantic (64)hot spot (24)great for lunch (20)scenic view (15)kid-friendly (11)great for brunch (6)notable wine list (5)late-night find (3)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Excellent night out for the FamilyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014Great food and atmosphere. Service was spot on! This is our favorite restaurant in the Collingswood area. You are never dissappointed!Special Features:
- Another Amazing Dinnerkdd08075Dined on 8/24/2014By far the best restaurant in the area. Food was amazing, service was great. Outdoor courtyard enjoyable on a gorgeous evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Wonderful Summer Evening!saturdaynightsDined on 8/23/2014Once again, we enjoyed dining here with friends. Everyone from service staff to chef (owner) could not be more accommodating. Thank you Bistro Di Marino for another wonderful Summer evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experience!twoandsixDined on 8/21/2014The Di Marinos are fantastic hosts to all who dine at their restaurant. While we don't go as often as we could, the times we have been there have been most enjoyable. Pleasant, relaxing atmosphere, friendly courteous staff, who were attentive and professional. The food was delicious! Our family enjoyed a variety of items from the menu, and each said theirs was delicious! Thanks, Mike Di Marino, for your generous attention to our table as we celebrated family birthdays!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EhLuckyeaterDined on 8/16/2014My husband and I have had a couple of delicious meals here but not this time. The shrimp appetizer was okay but drowning in a salty cream sauce. My salmon entree was so salty it was almost inedible. Same for my husband's chicken saltibucca. With all the choices in Collingwood, don't think we'll be going back which is a shame because we really liked it in the past. New chef?
- snowflakeDined on 8/16/2014Dining at Bistro is great, but I must say that my husband always orders the veal and this time is was a bit tough. I also feel that a few more pasta/fish dishes need to be on the menu, such as shrimp and calimari or with scallops.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday Night Dinner for TwoeverySaturdayDined on 8/16/2014Took us a month to get online reservations for Saturday at 6pm time slot even trying by phone. I think the patio is available weather provided without reservations, but this point is not clear. My house salad was rather soggy, crab-shrimp-rice-pasta was OK could use more crab meat. Although, my husband raved about his Caesar salad and Lasagna. He was very impressed. I saw scallops on their online menu, but was disappointed they were not on menu for my visit maybe I just did not order the right item. The Patio is fun and pretty with a fountain and music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceScottyDined on 8/12/2014Love the good, great service and management controls the front room and back. Real family feel. High recommendation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great restaurant to dine outside!diningout2niteDined on 8/8/2014We chose this restaurant for its beautiful outdoor seating patio. Very romantic! The food is very good. I was impressed with their large "daily specials" selection! Service was attentive and friendly. You will hear an occasional train going by, but it is not overwhelming loud. Will definitely plan to return for a date night, girls' night out, or a family gathering! Had a lovely evening out with my husband this time!Special Features:
- Great Girls' Night OutMauiAngelDined on 8/7/2014Bistro di Marino is a wonderful place to get together with friends or family! The outdoor seating is perfect for the warm summer nights. We enjoyed the summer sangria as well as the flounder special. The gnocchi appetizers and salads are a great complement to the main meal. I highly recommend Bistro di Marino!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CelebrationNysieDined on 8/1/2014We came to Bistro Di Marino to celebrate my daughter and her boyfriend as they were off to start the next chapter of their lives- college! We had booked a table outside, but Mother Nature had other plans! The setting was perfect! It reminded me of a cozy little place in Italy! Our waiter Brian was very attentive and personable! The food was amazing!! The penne vodka is the BEST I have eaten anywhere! We ended our meal with dessert of course!! We all had a great experience and I would highly recommend Bistro Di Marino!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dinner in the Courtyard!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/30/2014Four of us had a great dinner at Bistro. We started with the antipasta for two and a sampler of gnocchi. Perfect to share. We went on a Thursday night and they had a small Jazz band playing. Everyone enjoyed their entrees. Wonderful food great atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great patio and food!Timmyh37Dined on 7/30/2014The food is excellent-Italian grill. The patio is perfect-romantic. They had a jazz band when we went, which was nice, but the volume was just too loud. We couldn't hear each other until they took a break. Overall one of our favorite places!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great outdoor diningcwoodfoodieDined on 7/25/2014My husband and I enjoyed Bistro di Marino during farm to fork restaurant week. Everything was delicious. We especially enjoyed the gnocchi and chicken Milanese. Mostly, the outdoor patio was perfect for a warm summer night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!Momof4boysDined on 7/20/2014Bistro is one of my favorite places to eat! We have never had a bad meal there. So when my husband asked where I would like to eat on my birthday, I of course picked there. When we arrived with our 4 boys, we found out it was restaurant week. I was not sure if they would like what was on the menu. Boy was I wrong! They loved it. The food was so fresh and delicious and the menu offered a big variety of local produce selections. And the portions were HUGE! The boys (age 20, 17, 15 and12) along with my husband went home stuffed and satisfied! We even took home some leftovers! The outback seating is the best place to be during the summer also! Thanks for a great birthday dinner!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LisaOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/20/2014Awesome little Italian restaurant with beautiful outdoor courtyard! Dinner is always good and the service is even better!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Patio is Awesome!Philly86VIPDined on 7/19/2014Love this place. Sitting outside on the Bistro patio on a nice summer night, enjoying terrific food and a great wait staff that is always hustling to provide friendly attentive service, makes for a perfect evening. Bistro DiMarino really is a neighborhood gem. The new wine list is nice but we still prefer to bring our own. If you are looking for great food, great service and the best outdoor dining around, then Bistro DiMarino is the place to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Back to celebrate!CarolDined on 7/19/2014When my son got married last year we held the rehearsal dinner at Bistro di Marino and Michael and staff couldn't have made it more special! We have been back several times since to this wonderful restaurant that features some of the best Italian food with a menu varied enough for the pickiest of eaters. We decided to celebrate their first anniversary at Bistro di Marino last Saturday night and enjoyed everything from the food to the service to the ambiance of the outdoor courtyard. Thanks to Michael and everyone at Bistro di Marino's for making the night so special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful Outdoor EveningsaturdaynightsDined on 7/19/2014On arrival we were greeted warmly and upon advising that we were "opentable" and had requested the outdoor dining, since it was a beautiful evening, we were taken to our table. Service was "perfect", paced just right for an evening out with friends, food was very good and prices are reasonable. I certainly would consider this a "neighborhood gem" and recommend it often to others. Thank you Bistro Di Marino.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!LoveTheMarinosDined on 7/17/2014I always love this place. The food is always spectacular. Beautiful and delicious! The staff is excellent. We ate outdoors on s beautiful Tuesday night. There was a special party going on at the same time and party goers and small groups of diners all blended well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food Great, Service LackingLuv2DineDined on 7/16/2014Food was good. Service was good until the meal was served and then we waited over 10 minutes to have our plates cleared. The jazz band was way too loud for the area we were in.
- Beautiful EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014What a wonderful outdoor dining venue. We sat by the outdoor fountain and it was so lovely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!!AuntieMVIPDined on 7/12/2014Bistro Di Marino is one of my favorite restaurants. The food is always delicious--and the gnocchi is beyond fantastic. Their outdoor courtyard is lovely too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood GemOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/9/2014We have visited Bistro Di Marino many times and are never disappointed by the quality of the food. The shrimp and pancetta appetizer are to die for! They always offer wonderful specials however the regular fare on the menu are also quite delicious. We never tire of the menu! The night we visited they had already closed the patio at 6:00 due to the possibility of inclement weather. Disappointed but understood. If given the opportunity dining on the patio is a must!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/5/2014We have been several times and enjoy the food although this time the Caprese salad was terrible---made with the worst of supermarket tomatoes and should not have been allowed to leave the kitchen. They are known for their gnocchi and they are quite good---we love to get the Misto (a sampling of 3) as an appetizer for our group.Special Features:
- We had a wonderful evening!AgreatnightDined on 7/5/2014All appetizers were great! Gnocchi was to die for, antipasta for 2 was could easily feed 4, Mussels and Clams delightful! Only criticism Pork chop was slightly over cooked. Flounder and veal were delicious, sauces complimented the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/3/2014I've been to this restaurant many times and always left feeling like it was a wonderful dining experience. The fare is always outstanding, but so is the service and attention to detail. Whenever I have out of town guests, a reservation at Bistro DiMarino is always on the agenda during their visit. Everyone who's ever been there with me enjoyed the selection.Special Features:
- Neighborhood gemBethiekatDined on 6/29/2014Outdoor courtyard beautiful spot.....great vibe. Very tasty Sangrias etc now w/ NJ wines. Ambience outdoors heightened when they turned on outdoor music. Buggy outside, although eventually lit the outdoor tiki bug lamps. Food usually spot on but was a bit off on Sunday. Seafood pasta special too spicy for my mom, so it went mostly uneaten (great dish otherwise). Waiter needs to communicate if it's spicy when selling it & the veal Milanese which is described as (and typically has) diced tomato/ bruschetta mixture on top instead came with whole slices of tomato and dry arugula. Most of the food ( party of 9) was great but my family not impressed due to the 2 mishaps. It was a special occasion and they would not complain.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!amomangiareDined on 6/28/2014We went to celebrate a birthday and the guest of honor was impressed with both the food and atmosphere. As other reviews have said, it was a 15 minute wait to eat outside but definitely worth the wait! The patio is amazing; we will definitely dine here again. The service was a bit slow as some reviews mentioned. However, the food was delicious, the gnocchis lived up to their billing and prices are reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love itCliverDined on 6/28/2014We love it here. The owners are great, always make us feel welcomed and like family. The food is to die for and the deserts are so tasty. We recommend everyone to try it out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Look forward to next time!melandsteveDined on 6/21/2014We went for our anniversary and loved it. Appetizers were wonderful. We ordered the shrimp with pancetta in mustard cream sauce and the flatbread pizza with prosciutto, melted cheese and arugula. The appetizer size homemade gnocchi but it was a pretty hefty portion. Also got the traditional meatballs, made of beef/pork/veal. They give you four large meatballs with great sauce and fresh basil. Collingswood is a "dry" town, so this is a BYO (which I always prefer), but they do have a license to serve New Jersey wines. Also have a menu for pitchers of different sangrias. Lovely little place, great ambiance and service and really nice outdoor seating area. Reasonable prices. You can also take out. Definitely go back again soon.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/21/2014First time dining outdoors at this place. It was wonderful. At dusk when the lights came on it was romantic even though there was four of us! Our server, Tim, was excellent. Found nothing wrong. This was a Deja vous for me. As a child I played many times in that backyard with my cousins!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- girlsDined on 6/20/2014i had dinner with the girls and the food was wonderful. the waiter was very helpful, asking if we understood everything and stopped back to followup with us and our needs. i would recommend distro dimarino to my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great dinner...LadybugDined on 6/17/2014The food and dining experience at Bistro Di Marino is always consistent. Our dining guests visited the restaurant for the first time and we're simply amazed. They will definitely be back to the Bistro! The menu offers classic to more creative contemporary Italian choices. In addition the wine cocktails are refreshing and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wed61Dined on 6/17/2014Excellent dining experience celebrating our 53rd wedding anniversary.Special Features:
- AmazingFoodie220VIPDined on 6/17/2014I wandered into bistro di Marino with a friend at 4 pm on a Tuesday. We LOVED it. The staff was awesome and the food was spectacular. I cannot wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent BYOBBspeedmanDined on 6/14/2014Love this place. Will continue to frequent it. Great food and atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, service way offOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/14/2014I have been to this restaurant many times and have always had a good meal. Service started out fine but once our meals were served, we were clearly in Siberia. No one refilled our water glasses, not pleasant with a spicy entree, no one asked if we wanted more sangria. We truly were completely ignored from that point on. Waiter initially blamed other staff for not refilling water, but eventually took ownership, but had no excuse. What it more frustrating is that there were several staff members that seemed to be just milling around a grill and server area on the back deck. The back patio is lovely, the food is good, but I have not had service this neglectful in a long time and sadly will make me think twice about recommending.Special Features:
- Delicious dinnerDorisDined on 6/13/2014I made a reservation at Bistro Di Marino particularly to sit outside in their gorgeous back patio. To my dismay, it was a rainy night and we couldn't be outside. However, we had a wonderful dinner inside. The food was delicious and the service impeccable. My only complaint was the table behind us consisting of about 12 very loud men celebrating a birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lobster101VIPDined on 6/13/2014This restaurant is one of our favorites. Loved it the first time we went and the rest is history. WE had the meatballs, salad, salmon, flounder and the grilled calamari, artichokes, asparagus and eggplant....this was one of the most delicious dishes I have ever had......this restaurant is the whole package....OUr waiter Michael was fabulous as all the others....thank you Bistro Di Marino for making our evening special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.