345 Lincoln Ave, Suite 105
Steamboat Springs, CO 80487Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bistrocv.com/
- Phone: (970) 879-4197
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Daily: 5:00pm - Close.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Brian Vaughn
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Special Events: Join us on Sundays & Mondays in October & November for our Fall Special; 3 courses for $28! Cheers!
A word from Bistro C.V.
The goal at Bistro C.V. is to celebrate and showcase the freshest ingredients of the season. We love the region we live in and pride ourselves on supporting our local and organic farmers. Our food is a reflection of our belief in cooking simply, honestly and innovatively. We designed our restaurant to provide a dining experience of superior quality within a comfortable atmosphere, unique to Steamboat.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Bistro C.V. - Best Restaurants in Steamboat Springs ›
Bistro C.V. reviews from OpenTable diners
35 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (29)fit for foodies (27)notable wine list (25)romantic (18)neighborhood gem (11)hot spot (9)good for groups (4)vibrant bar scene (4)late-night find (2)great for outdoor dining (2)scenic view (1)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Great place for dinnerAllgoodVIPDined on 12/28/2013Awesome place! Will go back on our next trip to Steamboat! Service and food was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mountain highPowderdivaDined on 12/27/2013At the top of the list among steamboat restaurants. We always look forward to coming hereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quail was ExcellentOETSBDined on 12/26/2013Our favorite restaurant in Steamboat Springs. Had dinner with a small group. Two of us ordered the quail. I am normally not a big fan of quail, but decided to order it and it was amazingly good. Other than a few standards, the menu changes often at this restaurant which I guess is both good and bad, but over the past few years we have had a number of dishes that were excellent but never appeared on the menu again. Nevertheless, we love going to Bistro CV.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- extraordinary eveningstardreamDined on 12/26/2013My husband and I went skiing on the mountain for the first time after this past Christmas (2 feet of powder!) and were looking for a place to celebrate the holiday. We had not heard about bistro CV before but the menu was super enticing. The restaurant was cozy but did not feel crowded. There's a nice bar area with a good happy hour, but we were content at our table by the window with a view of Main St. The food was completely fantastic. We debated whether the beef tartare or the duck prosciutto was our favorite. The grilled romaine salad was a perfect balance of flavors of savory truffle, parmasan, and sweet romaine. The foie gras burger and bottle of pinot completed the meal. Our server was pleasant and conversational but not intrusive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining Excellencealohamomma108Dined on 12/26/2013The tantalizing menu certainly made it hard to narrow down my dinner selections. I enjoyed the locally grown herb salad and the diver scallops. Incredible! The atmosphere is energetic, yet posh. Great location in downtown Steamboat Springs, ColoradoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Christmas 5 Course DinnerMauriceDined on 12/25/2013A prix fix 5 course Christmas dinner, featuring fish / meat and vegetarian options with the ability to mix between the two for each course. Very accommodating to special requests for picky eaters. Very nice selection of wines, albeit more towards the pricey side. Excellent food, service & ambience. A great place for a special meal!Special Features:
- Our family had the pleasureOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/24/2013Our family had the pleasure of dining at Bistro CV on Christmas Eve. Unfortunately two people in our intended party came down with a stomach virus and were unable to attend. The chef at Bistro made a special chicken soup for us to take back to them! It was a wonderful personal touch and so appreciated! Food, Service...wonderful! A definite do over!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Christmas Eve TreatSteamboat08Dined on 12/24/2013Five course fixed menu with wine pairings . Each course was focused and special . 3 oz pairings X 5 was just right . Service of multiple courses on a busy night was very smooth owing to an experienced team . Urban prices but also urban quality . Nice touch in the mountains .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!forestloverDined on 12/23/2013We were in Steamboat Springs for a few days to celebrate a birthday. I did a quick search for good restaurants and found Bistro CV. We had not eaten there before and were very pleasantly surprised. The atmosphere is very nice. Customer service was tops from the moment that we walked in until we walked out. Food was outstanding as were the wines we drank. All in all, I highly recommend this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Christmas Ski WeekMauriceDined on 12/22/2013First, great job in contacting via e-mail & voice mail confirming reservations and special menu selections. We have visited Bistro CV previously during our annual ski week vacation. Food is fantastic! The chef is very creative, balancing flavors of all the dishes. A wide variety on the menu: vegetarian, fish, local game, meat / chicken / pork. Greens are from local organic farm - very tasty! I highly recommend!Special Features:
- Excellent MealhunterfoodieVIPDined on 12/17/2013My husband and I enjoyed the inventive and outstanding food very much! The service was attentive without being overbearing. The only downside (for us) was the noise level. It was a bit too loud for our taste. However, the overall experience was excellent, and we recommend it highly!Special Features:
- The best place in SteamboatccnonhippieVIPDined on 12/15/2013We have been here several times, and everything is always awesome!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/14/2013This is a great restaurant. It has an interesting and flexible menu: super fresh and innovative. The food is outstanding, the presentation gorgeous and the service friendly, knowledgeable and professional. The space is a bit loud, depending on where you are seated, but it is super attractive and has a terrific intimate feel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant SurpriseAchamberlainobDined on 12/8/2013The bistro was well organized with interesting but not scary food. Would recommend to visitors who want a nice relaxing night out with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still the bestDougfromSteamboatDined on 12/3/2013Whether you are just grabbing happy hour wine and apps or scheduling a special meal, Bistro CV continues to be at the top of the dining game. Incredibly fresh ingredients innovatively paired with jet fresh seafood or the best cuts of beef, pork, etc. House made cured meats, pickled veggies, amazing desserts, approachable wine list….. you can't go wrong with the Bistro CV team.Special Features:
- Pre-ThanksgivingYoungChildrenVIPDined on 11/27/2013Love the space and decor. Our kids were well behaved and we welcomed. Food is consistently tasty presentation too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YumhippietomDined on 10/22/2013Fantastic menu, fantastic combinations and flavor pairings, portions are spot on, fantastic selection for wines and liquors. 5 out of 5. highly recommend. .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- my companions soup and saladBen4VIPDined on 9/14/2013my companions soup and salad were excellent but my purported Wagyu beef burger for which I paid &21 was filled with coarse gristle. NOT RECOMMENDED,
- Creative and delicious foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/24/2013Creative and delicious food every time. Beautiful presentation. Top-notch service with a sense of humor and smile. The yellowtail tuna ceviche tacos and Crudos are to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceBoulderdinerDined on 8/20/2013This is a great special occasion restaurant. Everything is great, but the prices are quite high. It would also be a good place to grab a glass of wine and a small plate if you don't want to spend well over $100 for dinner for two.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Meaning of SublimeConnieDined on 8/19/2013My husband and I feel that Bistro CV is, without a doubt, the best restaurant in Steamboat Springs. We moved to Steamboat from Atlanta and feel that Bistro CV would easily vie with the best restaurants in that city of great restaurants. Bistro CV features creative fare, made with the freshest ingredients, artfully presented. Head chef (and owner?), Brian Vaughan, has the intelligence to know the importance of subtlety and the talent to get the balance of flavors just right. And as special as this food is, it's still healthy! It is never over-salted or overly rich and, truthfully, is about as close to perfection as can be found anywhere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative dishes, but slow servicetakehartDined on 8/18/2013The dishes we tried had layers of flavors with interesting pairing of ingredients and we did enjoy the taste. However the service was so slow that it ruined the whole experience for us. We thought the prices were rather high for small portions we received. The chef seems to be very talented, but unfortunately I don't think we'll be returning.Special Features:
- One of the best meals of my life!DavidDined on 8/13/2013The Wagyu Hanger Steak was one of the most sublime and delicious meals of my life. The veggies were a perfect compliment to the meat, especially, at least for me, the leek. It was all held in balance by wondrous sauce and confit fingerling spuds.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth Every PennyOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/11/2013This was our third visit to Bistro C.V. while traveling cross country. Since our first happenstance visit 4 years ago, we always arrange our route to pass through Steamboat Springs, CO, to enjoy what I consider the best food in the country--creative, well-prepared, delicious meals. The prices are high, but appropriate; the wait time is indicative of the quality. Reservations required. We've eaten in some excellent restaurants around the world--this one gets my highest rating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food. The servers needFoodiefunDined on 8/10/2013Great food. The servers need more education on wine and menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty.GoodfoodloverDined on 8/10/2013We were unsure about many of the menu selections so went with the olives and a cheese and meat tray to start. We then shared the mussel/ clam chowder which was excellent followed by the cheesecake which was so rich! Overall, we enjoyed everything we tried. A unique restaurant for SB. Felt they were catering to the locals and cared about the food and experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WOW!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/8/2013Bistro C.V. is one of my favorite restaurants! The food, service and atmosphere are second to none. The menu is simply amazing and changes frequently! When in Steamboat is HIGHLY Recommend!Special Features:
- First time, but not the lastBeerbrewerVIPDined on 8/7/2013We go to Steamboat several times a year, but have not made it until this visit. The menu is very interesting, with a wide variety of small and large plates. The wine list is also good and does well with the dishes. I like the open Kitchen, where you can sit at the bar right there an watch them cook Our appetizer (tacos) was great, as was our salad. My lamb was as good as I have ever had, although our fish was very peppery - they tried to fix/replace, but the replacement was also peppery! Not sure how that happened, but I view as a one off wE will be back w/ rest of the family to try some other dishesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine recommendation from localsErnieBDined on 8/4/2013We were having lunch when thunder storms moved in and only one other couple stayed out on the deck. We started talking and asked about their preferred dining spots. They told us that this place was by far their favorite. And with good reason. Food and cocktails were wonderful and a great table was held for us. Made for a great evening Oh and the grilled romaine is great as stated by others. I had to try it based on all the other reviews.Special Features:
- Great Food - PresentationJamesDined on 7/25/2013Celebrating our 32nd anniversary we went to Bistro CV and it was nto a disappointment. Service was very good and all courses were outstanding. Grilled romaine was flavorful and warm, many times it comes to the table cold. Just right portions. All food was sourced locally so very fresh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great evening.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/25/2013The food was exceptional and the service was attentive without being overbearing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great option in SteamboatBillVIPDined on 7/20/2013A classic new american menu, prepared wonderfully.Special Features:
- Best of the 'boatRickVIPDined on 7/8/2013Steamboat has many great places to eat, but Bistro is the best. Their wine list is outstanding. The combination of ingredients on an entree are unique and interesting and always work together to make a delicious meal unlike anything you can get elsewhere. The chef is a food artist. The service is also tops. The staff is extremely friendly, ready with great food and wine suggestions, and on the spot with anything you might need. My water glass is never empty, I never have to refill my wine glass, and the food comes in just the right intervals. B.CV just can't be beat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding, interesting FoodlmcmexDined on 7/6/2013This was our second visit and it was just as spectacular. My husband and I shared several of the small & medium plates. Our waitress Laura was knowledgeable about both food and wine. Some of our favorites are- crudu, ceviche tacos, chicken poblano potpie (I had this in March as well and had to get it again), and the sausage AWESOME! I still haven't had an entree so I can't comment there. It is a lovely inventive little gem. The Sharecroppers cab was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- There are better options elsewhereCalypsoDined on 7/5/2013Menu sounded spectacular but the food did not deliver, lacked serious flavor is some dishes, a cold soup that had many different components tasted like a bowl of heavy whipping cream, took forever to get our food, other tables were served their dinner before us even though they sat down long after us, we ordered all the desserts and a couple of them were really good, the waitress was clearly only tolerating our presence and putting on a forced smile, I don't mind paying a handsome price for good food but this was definitely not worth the hefty price tag of what was delivered or the terrible service, much better options are available in Steamboat Springs
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/19/2013Innovative menu apparently offered using locally available and other fresh ingredients. Every thing we ate was delicious from mussels and pot pie appetizers to chicken and pasta main courses. Wine was a bit high... seemed like about 300 percent markup. Service was friendly and well informed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced and underwhelmedCarriespann39Dined on 6/15/2013The menu was way overpriced for the food, the cocktails and the service we experienced. When I pay over $30's for entrees (we paid over $40 for Kobe beef which was excellent) I expect the food to be outstanding, well balanced and especially creative. There was not any audible music and the art was pinned to the wall. The cocktails were tasty but not especially creative and low on alcohol content, especially for the price. I have been to this establishment before with an alternatively amazing experience. Either it was an off night or they seem to be increasing prices and decreasing quality with an attitude that they don't really care anymore. I expected more and unfortunately I most likely won't return.
- Great food, but the noise!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/10/2013Impeccable service and really imaginative and delicious food. Even the desserts did not disappoint. However, the particular night we dined there, two tables were occupied by ridiculously loud parties of 4. One poor lady at a table next to them had her hand cupped over her near ear and seemed truly to be in pain. An elderly couple was startled a few times by sudden outbursts of truly deafening laughter. I felt sorry for those people. Meanwhile the raucous folks were oblivious. I've read other complaints of same kind. Perhaps these parties could be seated in the separate dining room, or shushed by the staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent DinnerDiomDined on 6/7/2013Had a wonderful dinner at CV Bistro while visiting Steamboat. Food and Service were great. Burger was delicious and mussels did not disappoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Inconsistency @ Bistro CVOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/27/2013Bistro CV remains one of the best 2 restaurants in Steamboat but is Inconsistent. One night it will the the best ever, then, the next time you go there its not so hot. Last time we were there they had changed the menu and had omitted their very popular bowl of mussels and replaced it with a dish of 2 mussels and 2 oysters. The creme brulee was very watery, like melted ice cream. Sometimes the service is great and, then, we have waited almost an hour for our entrees, with no explanation. They do some dishes very well and it could be a truly great restaurant but they have some kinks to work out!Special Features: