345 Lincoln Ave, Suite 105
Steamboat Springs, CO 80487Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bistrocv.com/
- Phone: (970) 879-4197
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Daily: 5:00pm - Close.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Brian Vaughn
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Special Events: Join us on Sundays & Mondays in October & November for our Fall Special; 3 courses for $28! Cheers!
A word from Bistro C.V.
The goal at Bistro C.V. is to celebrate and showcase the freshest ingredients of the season. We love the region we live in and pride ourselves on supporting our local and organic farmers. Our food is a reflection of our belief in cooking simply, honestly and innovatively. We designed our restaurant to provide a dining experience of superior quality within a comfortable atmosphere, unique to Steamboat.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Bistro C.V. - Best Restaurants in Steamboat Springs ›
Bistro C.V. reviews from OpenTable diners
36 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (30)fit for foodies (28)notable wine list (25)romantic (19)neighborhood gem (11)hot spot (9)good for groups (4)vibrant bar scene (4)late-night find (2)great for outdoor dining (2)scenic view (1)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Bistro CVAngeloDined on 3/11/2014The restaurant is one of the hot tickets in Steamboat, and for a good reason. The food is excellent, the ambience refined, and the service attentive but not rushed. The food is a good balance of protein and vegs, and there is a reasonable vegetarian option, though only one entrée. Large small plate listing. The wine list is huge by most standards, with a reasonable price range. Small but nice bar area. Need reservations. This is not a good place for families with small children.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply De-Lish!!pamperedprincessDined on 3/11/2014Bistro CV has become a favored eating spot for the locals and tourists alike. The atmosphere is always inviting, the service is excellent and the food is out-of-this-world. My husband's favorite dish seems to be the Maine Scallops. Always prepared just right and very succulent with an array of different tastes from the accoutrements complimenting the dish. For myself, I enjoy the Ceviche taco for a small plate starter, followed by any of the cheese plates. For the main course, I like the Quail or the Wagyu Beef Burger with the smashed potatoes. Don't forget the dessert! The red velvet cake with pistachio ice cream and fresh creme is the bomb! Five stars out to Katy and Brian for their fantastic restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Night at Bistro CVOETSBDined on 3/10/2014Had dinner after a great day of skiing in Steamboat. The food, service, everything was excellent. Ordered the quail and it was excellent. The grilled romaine salad was also very good. We think that this restaurant just keeps getting better. I thought it might be one small piece of quail, but it was enough to give everyone at the table a taste. Our servers Ashley and Laura were professional and provided great service and a very enjoyable experience.Special Features:
- Food phenomenalRoseDined on 3/8/2014Thanks to Bistro CV for making amazing dishes with unique tastes and flavor combinations. So refreshing and yet still comforting. We enjoyed every bite. The service was the cherry on top. Everyone was helpful and super nice. We will be going back for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- superb small plates and 'middleOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 3/6/2014superb small plates and 'middle plates" chix pot pie and grilled romaine choices are outstanding octopus and yelllowfin crudo also excellent good place to share numerous small plates in a group excellent wine listSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What funKensDined on 3/6/2014We dined there Thursday the 6th of March and we had such a great experience , the food was spectacular but our waitress, Shiloh from New Zealand was the gem. Hats off to you Shiloh .... Tennessee and all that these two eyes will fine you ect.. What a great sense of humor.. All for $2.00 Thanks see u guys next time.Special Features:
- DisgracfulBadStuffDined on 3/3/2014I was expecting a caliber of service from this restaurant which was not at all delivered. The excuse was that they were short staffed and just that morning lost two or so employees. In my mind that is never an excuse. Apparently, the owner and his wife were out of town that evening, but because the staff couldn't handle the pressure they had to return to assist the staff.
- Superb dining experienceElsaGDined on 2/28/2014We had a wonderful dinner here to celebrate our anniversary. The service was excellent and the ambiance was cozy and romantic. We did the 5-course tasting menu, which I would highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- it was just awesomeCoGirlDined on 2/28/2014I took a client out for dinner and everything was just great. Food, drinks, we loved it all. I would not recommend small children unless you dine early or have very well behaved kids.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing night!BistroorbustDined on 2/26/2014Can't say enough about the Bistro! Hands down the best food in steamboat!! Awesome specialty drinks, great service, a culinary delight...NOT TO BE MISSED! Highly recommend this spot to all foodies and people who love to dine! Chef Brian Vaughn is a genius!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a little TOO eclectic on the foodstallroadVIPDined on 2/26/2014some of the ingredients were pretty far out there... olive soil? not bad, but seems like it's trying too hard, imhoSpecial Features:
- Best in SteamboatDougl1000Dined on 2/24/2014This is the place. Truly gourmet food with a creative menu. With all of the good restaurants in Steamboat Springs, we dined here twice during our visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding DiningDiamondjbhVIPDined on 2/22/2014THe food and service were both of the highest quality. Food choices were quite unique and we enjoyed each and every course. Since there were 6 of us we had the opportunity to try a large portion of the menu items and share them - all excellent. Ceviche Tacos, scallops, elk, - can't go wrong with this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bistro CV is awesome in everyChiefDined on 2/21/2014Bistro CV is awesome in every way. The menu has something for everyone, there are small plates , mains , cheese', and even smaller plates. It's all very tasty in a light clean way.... No tummy aches from rich stocks etc . Favors are not created by bacon and cream etc. it's sophisticated , modern but simple. it's an open kitchen and you can sit at the counter there. The wine list is always changing and there's a nice price range. The staff are professional and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite restaurant inJanNormDined on 2/20/2014Our favorite restaurant in Steamboat - we are regular customers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The chef at BCV is an artistRickVIPDined on 2/17/2014We are frequent CV dinners, and are always satisfied. The wine list is outstanding and our meals were delicious. I started with the grilled romaine salad and my wife had the baby herb salad. I can't tell which was better, both were great starts to a fabulous meal. For the main meal we both had the rocky mountain elk loin, and, WOW. It was so delicious it is difficult to explain but we both ate in amazement. It was perfect with our wine: the Linne Calado “Rising Tides”. My wife ordered a the red velvet cake for dessert, and although I am not a dessert person even I enjoyed the couple bites that I was able to sneak... Bistro CV is the best in the 'Boat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding experiencesteamboatValDined on 2/15/2014I took my wife here for a valentine weekend dinner, and we loved the experience We came in from out of town and it was great to actually find a great place for outdoor diningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best restaurant in ColoradoFoodie4everDined on 2/15/2014I've eaten at some of the finest restaurants in the world and bistro cv is one of the best I've been to. It had a wonderful ambiance, unspeakably divine dishes, & friendly and knowledgeable staff. A perfect place for a special occasion or simply a special fine dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rivaling others for top spot in SBBeerbrewerVIPDined on 2/15/2014Second time here and I am now fully appreciating the food We had a premier meal here at a reasonable for fine dining price We started with the grilled romaine (yum, yum), oysters (solid) and fish tacos (excellent and signature dish) For dinner, several scallop dishes (excellent), tuna tartare (excellent) pot pie (to die for), and mussels (excellent) For dessert, we shared the chocolate cheesecake, smores and special ice cream - all were very good We had a bottle of Cava to accompany the meal which was excellent This is fine dining, without being pretentiousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We visited Bistro C.V. forOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2014We visited Bistro C.V. for their Valentine's Day special. Every dish was amazing and well presented. Our waiter was fabulous.Special Features:
- Wonderful RestaurantMandoDined on 2/14/2014First time to Steamboat and arriving on Valentine's day, I made the reservation based on the recommendation of a friend. Possibly two weeks before our reservation, I received a phone call advising that they were serving from a different menu and they wanted to confirm that we were aware and OK with that. The day prior, another call to confirm our reservation time. Each call was from a young woman who was pleasant, joyful, enthusiastic and professional. We arrived on time, were seated promptly and had a great evening. The food was delicious, service was quick and the presentation on the plate was photo worthy. What a great experience, this is obviously a very a very well run business. Worth the price and that is often a rarity these days.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not their night I guessWorldtravelerDined on 2/13/2014It was ok but not up to their reputation. Scallops were scorched on one side and tough. Everything else including the often distracted waitress was ok but not great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- unique and deliciousgulfbreezeskiersDined on 2/12/2014Each year we ski Steamboat, we make sure to dine at Bistro C.V. The food and libation never disappoint and it's nice when all those who work the kitchen comment and express their own appreciation you've dined with them. My seating preference is the main dining area rather than the second seating area. It adds to the ambiance, in our opinion. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food Still Excellent, Service OffGoBeach56Dined on 2/7/2014We always make a point to dine here on our last night of our ski vacations in Steamboat. The food and presentation are always exceptional. The tasting menu never disappoints. However, our server, wasn't as good as we've had in the past - half the time he didn't even acknowledge the course and/or the accompanying wine. Hearing the story behind each dish and wine selection is half the experience!Special Features:
- Trip with ski clubLongtimeOTVIPVIPDined on 2/6/2014This was our favorite dining experience for the week we visited (we couldn't get a resy for Harwigs). Our party of five enjoyed all of our selections including the tuna tartare, octopus chorizo, scallops, fettucine, gnocchi and quail. They also offer a nice selection of wines by the glass and several local beer selections. The pumpkin marscapone and the pistachio ice cream were both good choices for dessert.Special Features:
- NiklowNikloDined on 2/5/2014Food was outstanding...but our waitress just kept passing by our table. Only when I repeatedly said 'excuse me' did she stop and impatiently answered questions about the wine menu. We ended up ordering a few bottles but it would be nice if we could enjoy something unique from the list, rather than reordering the same bottle that we started with.Special Features:
- All around excellenceHbearDined on 2/3/2014Bistro c. v. is our favorite restaurant in Steamboat Springs or anywhere else. I had oysters for starters and scallops for my main course. My wife had the, fettuccine lobster, pork belly for her main course. I couldn't pick one over the other, the quality, presentation, flavor is next to none, the service is top of the line. Another wonderful dining experience at the bistro. I highly recommend this restaurant. You will be delighted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FoodSerendipityVIPDined on 1/31/2014We dined here the night after eating at Cafe Diva, another Steamboat restaurant which had been highly recommended. We LOVED Bistro C.V. We ordered an array of items between the 2 of us, including the herb salad, bone marrow, mussels, and quail. There was not one item we were not happy with. The ambiance is romantic, yet lively. The waitress did a very good job balancing the 2 large groups next to us, while still paying lots of attention to our needs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Food in Town!CreganoVIPDined on 1/19/2014I am new to Steamboat, and have struggled to find some nice fine dining. I was over joyed with my first experience at bistro c.v. The food is fresh, both in flavor and presentation. The prices are very reasonable, and the portions fill you up. I love that the menu changes frequently, yet the staples are found on the menu as well. It has a fun atmosphere, without being overwhelmed by the neighboring table. I look forward to dining here more often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wife pleaserMcBrianDined on 1/18/2014I enjoyed the food. I liked the venue and the service was nice. At the end of the night, my wife was extremely happy. She LOVED the food. If you or your wife are picky about your food, I would highly recommend going here.Special Features:
- Nice food, OverpricedStork606VIPDined on 1/15/2014I found most of the courses (of various sizes) to be interesting and nicely presented. Two of them were sub par and not what I would have expected in a high end restaurant. When we complained about the absence of much lobster in a dish, the waiter was less than gracious. They were not very busy so there really was no excuse for the waiter's attitude. The elk had a lot of tendon which really ruined the course. Additionally, the portions were really small, especially considering the price. Perhaps the French Laundry can get away with this, but considering the many alternatives in Steamboat, it is not worth the price to me.
- Chef's Tasting MenusmrlovinDined on 1/11/2014We have gone to Bistro CV a few times before, but this time was especially great. There was a new Chef's Choice Tasting Menu that was amazing. The server seemed to be in a bit of a bad mood, but they had just finished with a very busy 2 week holiday season, so I gave her the benefit of the doubt. I would recommend this for anyone coming to visit and wanting a nice night out with great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A restaurant we return toOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 1/6/2014A restaurant we return to time and time again. I consistently recommend Bistro C.V. for the food and hospitality. Larger, loud tables detracted from our experience, but they surely benefit the restaurant bottom line. Nonetheless, this remains our "go-to" location on every visit.Special Features:
- Excellent meal and serviceMarkVIPDined on 1/3/2014We came to Bistro CV on our last night of a week's skiing holiday in Steamboat. The restaurant came highly recommended by our hotel manager and it didn't let us down. The food is exquisite in both taste and presentation, the ingredients well balanced and the portions just right. Our server was very knowledgeable about the menu and made good recommendations about the wine. Definitely planning a return visit next time we're in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The restaurant is relativelyOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/3/2014The restaurant is relatively small, however they handled our large party (11) very well. The food was excellent and the portion size appropriate. The place has hip feel to it and a lively bar. Evyone in our group raved about their meal, and we look forward to returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Took my wife and kids hereissaacrumel01VIPDined on 1/2/2014Took my wife and kids here to celebrate my wife's 40th birthday while in Steamboat. Fantastic experience from the service to the food. Wonderful evening. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!!KtlafoodieVIPDined on 1/1/2014As always the food was amazing! Our waitress Katie was very knowledgeable and had great suggestions!Special Features:
- Great as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/30/2013We go to this restaurant regularly and love it! The food is terrific and the people are super friendly and knowledgeable. It is, however, pricey. I like the small plates and salads best.Special Features:
- Excellent food and presentation.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/29/2013Excellent food and presentation. Wonderful blend of flavors - and flawless plating presentation. Our family of four was seated at the table nearest the entry hall resulting in cold blasts of air each time the door opened - thus the low ambience rating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RelibleCheyenneDined on 12/29/2013Consistently well prepared and presented food. Extensive wine list. Menuy doesn't change much - positives and negatives to that. Dessert menu needs some pizazz.@Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.