345 Lincoln Ave, Suite 105
Steamboat Springs, CO 80487Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bistrocv.com/
- Phone: 9708794197x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Daily: 5:00pm - Close.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Brian Vaughn
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Special Events: Join us on Sundays & Mondays in October & November for our Fall Special; 3 courses for $28! Cheers!
A word from Bistro C.V.
The goal at Bistro C.V. is to celebrate and showcase the freshest ingredients of the season. We love the region we live in and pride ourselves on supporting our local and organic farmers. Our food is a reflection of our belief in cooking simply, honestly and innovatively. We designed our restaurant to provide a dining experience of superior quality within a comfortable atmosphere, unique to Steamboat.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Bistro C.V. - Best Restaurants in Steamboat Springs ›
Bistro C.V. reviews from OpenTable diners
44 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (37)special occasion (32)notable wine list (26)romantic (23)neighborhood gem (11)hot spot (9)vibrant bar scene (3)great for outdoor dining (2)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (1)good for groups (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- fun nightsunshineDined on 9/11/2014We sat at the chefs table and got to watch the chefs prepare food while sipping coctails. I think the grilled romain salad and gluten free chocolate cheese cake were the show stoppers. We did a sampling of food and split our entre, salad and desert so we could sample as much as we could. What a fun night! What made it most enjoyable was the terrific service, too. They work as a team and are available to answer questions about Steamboat, how they make their Manhattan's and just very friendly.Special Features:
- Good food overallOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/8/2014The heirloom tomato salad was SO delicious- lick your plate good. We also had the beef tartare and the potpie which were equally as good. The entrees were disappointing- I ordered a pasta which came with truffles and chanterelles. However, my pasta came out with no mushrooms at all. (I even asked if there were chanterelles in my dish). No substitutions or reduction in price of the dish was given. My boyfriend had the duck which was good but not seared enough so there was a thick fat cap that was unappealing. Our server seemed cold and uninterested in us. The desserts came and the blueberry crumble was lacking texture and was very acidic. I will return just based on the facts that our starting courses were delicious!Special Features:
- ExcellentGJLFGDined on 8/25/2014This is an excellent place to eat an appropriate amount of quality food at a reasonable price. We hope to return again someday soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TobmanDined on 8/19/2014Superb food and service, unique recipes, wonderful atmosphere, very expensive.Special Features:
- Food does not justify pricekfrielDined on 8/15/2014Came here on Friday with high expectations based on trip advisor reviews. Our salads were excellent. I ordered Wagyu beef trio. One of the meats was chewy. My husband and daughter ordered a burger. I also had a glass of wine and my husband had a cocktail and glass of wine. Our bill was $185. A bit high for the food.
- Not as good as last yearLocaldinerDined on 8/5/2014The drinks were very good. Two people at the table thought the food was good, but not excellent as we have experienced in the past. Service by the person who was refilling water glasses was outstanding. We arrived at 6:30 when many tables were still empty and initially the service was good, but as the space got more crowded the waiter didn't check as often. After finishing dinner we waited almost half an hour to order dessert; I had to stop the waiter to him to let him know we wanted to place an order. Over 2 1/2 hours from start to finish. I gave my credit card when the dessert was delivered, and thought it presumptuous that it came back missing a copy of the bill; only the charge slip with an undeserved 20% gratuity already added.Special Features:
- Too expensiveLuvfinediningDined on 8/3/2014For the price, it doesn't seem like you get much on your plate! The food was good, but just too expensive.
- Big City Foodies in Ski Town USAmatastic26Dined on 8/2/2014What can I say, this place is as good as any of the big names in Denver. Not pretentious and suitable for the most sophisticated palate. Seasonal menu sourced locally and prepared by a crew in the exhibition kitchen that work as a well oiled machine. This place is not to be missed when in Steamboat.Special Features:
- Great!TelechickDined on 7/25/2014Great food, service and atmosphere. I loved the grilled romaine salad. A great evening out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Restaurant in SteamboatCheflifeDined on 7/19/2014This Place has to be one of the top Places to eat in the State of Colorado. James Beard Quality!! one of the best meals I've had in a long time!Special Features:
- Great Tasting Menukriher18Dined on 7/13/2014We wanted to sample a bit of everything once we saw the menu, so we were delighted that they offered a tasting menu. It was a great price for five courses and the food was all amazing, well-balanced and with great presentation. We will have to make it a habit to visit there again every time we go to Steamboat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jackpot!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/11/2014I hit the jackpot while in Steamboat Springs. The Bistro CV has food to die for. Everything is extremely well prepared and very tasty. It's easily the best food in town.Special Features:
- Steamboat's BestMarianVIPDined on 7/10/2014Small plates and chicken pot pie show evidence of chef's creativity and desire to provide unique dishes to patrons. Wonderful serviceSpecial Features:
- Wow!LDQ24VIPDined on 7/3/2014Went to Steamboat Springs for the July 4th weekend and was stunned by the creativity of the food at Bistro CV. Every dish, from the small plates to the main dish was uniquely fashioned with many different flavors that just melted in your mouth. To begin with my Wife and I shared some yellow tail tacos. After that I had a chicken and chorizo pot pie that was baked in a cornbread crust. The taste was unbelievable. My wife had a red beet salad that was equally as good. We then shared a main dish that included gnocchi with shiitake mushrooms and garlic. It was prepared just right. The gnocchi seemed to melt in your mouth. This was one of the better meals we have eaten in 2014! Can't wait to return to Steamboat and try it again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for my birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/2/2014The food, drink, service, and ambiance were all just perfect. I wouldn't necessarily call Bistro C.V. "kid friendly" it's 100% fine dining, but I also wouldn't think twice about taking a well behaved kid under 10 there either. The staff and kitchen were very accommodating. My daughter's hamburger bun was "too mushy'. It was actually perfect, but our waiter didn't blink and ran back to the kitchen to get a freshly toasted bun. I will return for at least one night next time i'm in 'The Boat". One of the best meals I've had in the past 12 months and I eat out at least 3 times a week.Special Features:
- MaryleeVIPDined on 6/29/2014Never disappointed at the bistro! Service great and the chicken pot pie wonderful.Special Features:
- Hamburger to Die ForIAH2SBSDined on 6/27/2014Bistro CV always impresses. This time with a simple hamburger. Chef suggested to try it with the Bacon Slabs and Blue Cheese. OMG!!! Best hamburger on the planet!!! Love this place and highly recommend it!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice night outdiningcoupleDined on 6/14/2014Bistro CV has a very creative menu and everything's beautifully prepared. The service was excellent - attentive without being intrusive. Nothing was too much trouble. The restaurant is a little pricey, but it's worth it for special occasions and unique, interesting and delicious food. A lovely evening, thank you.Special Features:
- DeliciousDiomDined on 6/6/2014The food at bistro cv is inventive and wonderful. We enjoyed a great meal here with good wine and attentive staff.Special Features:
- New combinations with old favoritesEWELSHDined on 5/24/2014Only been here once but it has been one of our top dining experiences. Self described foodies we chose to eat our way through most of the small plate offerings vs a larger main plate. While there we had the chorizo, liver pate, beet salad, root vegetables, cheese, grilled cesar and some others. Most of the dishes had an "old" favorite as the basis with novel, seasonal combinations that gave the overall plate interest and freshness. Flawless execution and greatpresentation. This is why we go out to eat...to try something we can't execute ourselves or wouldn't even think to try! We look forward to eating here again on our next trip to Steamboat.Special Features:
- The following 270 reviews are from the Bistro C.V. reviews archive.
- The food was amazingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/22/2014The food was so delicious, but also so beautifully presented. What a treatSpecial Features:
- JoyfuljkwolffDined on 5/17/2014food is creative and tasty for those who like something new and different. Service is exceptional.Special Features:
- Great!JPPTAPVIPDined on 5/9/2014We enjoyed the food and creative and interesting menu.Special Features:
- Innovative food combosFoodLoverDined on 4/11/2014Consistently a great experience. Quality staff are attentive, and knowledgeable about both food and wine, and the fare is always interesting, different, and delicious. My only suggestion would be for them to offer more vegetarian items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classy with flavorFivePointsFoodyDined on 3/30/2014It is certainly an expensive meal but it comes packed with flavor. I personally really enjoyed the diamond oysters and the Waguyu (sp?) burger. My girl friend loved the mussels and halibut. In general our group of 5 was very pleased with the quality of the meal. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, mediocre serviceDisappointedDined on 3/28/2014We have dined at Bistro CV at least 8 times in the last 5 years. We keep coming back because the food is AMAZING. But the fact that I've never had superb service there is so disappointing! For one of the top two restaurants in town, this restaurant should put a little attention into training their service staff. There is no kindness, no warmth. And this poor service has been consistent for all of our visits save one. The one time we had good service, it was from Kevin, the former sommelier. But Kevin left to work in California, and the rest of the staff continues to leave a lot to be desired.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful MealSkiWifeDined on 3/26/2014We had a wonderful meal at Bistro CV. The service was great - our server was knowledgable in answering our questions as we had a couple picky diners with us. Our food was unique and delicious. We'd definitely go back.Special Features:
- Lovely experienceMaureenSGDined on 3/25/2014Food, atmosphere, service, presentation all top notch. Great wine list, even good selection of wines by the glass. Choose a typical entree/app combo or go with a few small plates, all were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really great dining experience.MariFDined on 3/23/2014Really great dining experience. Interesting housemade cocktails.The mussel appetizer was beyond expectation. The sauce is light, smoky and slightly sweet which was better than the menu description. The entrees were fantastic. I had the scallops and my husband had the quail. He even ate the brussel sprout leaves (that's saying a lot!).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Absolute Wonderful Meal!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/23/2014Unique!! Delicious!!! Pride oozes from their food. The chef is clearly well trained and the staff is wonderful, friendly, enviting, and knowledgable. Only a handful of dishes that are year round, and the rest of the menu changes weekly if not daily. Almost everything that I have tried at Bistro CV I could genuinely say was the BEST I've had. The mussels, the Bone Marrow, the Pork Trio, the Hamburger, the Chicken Chirizo Pot Pie, YES YES YES!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely perfect... AGAIN!!DerbyGirlVIPDined on 3/18/2014We celebrated our 25th anniversary and once again, found absolutely everything to be exquisite! The wine list was solid (reasonably expansive, moderately priced), the food was extraordinary (fresh ingredients, good variety, fabulous presentation, and above all, delicious), and the service was attentive, knowledgeable and friendly (Ashley was superb). A solid and consistent experience. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As locals this restaurantFoodieDined on 3/14/2014As locals this restaurant is our favorite in Steamboat. The food is imaginative and the quality is excellent. The wine list is wonderful with a reasonable price selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!BMOJDined on 3/14/2014This was one of the best meals of my life. I had a white manhattan, ceviche tacos, a baby herb salad with beets and pepitas and gnocchi with sauteed spinach and mushrooms in a bechemel sauce-also a dessert. All were spectacular-as was the service. I will definitely go back the next time I visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great staff and amazing foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/13/2014I heard of this restaurant from a sommelier in Stemboat Springs. My two friends and I were seated quickly (we had reservations) and our server was very prompt. All of the staff were very attentive. Our party ordered the 5 course tasting menu and paired with selected wines. We were all very pleased with all courses and selections. The chef really knows how to layer completing flavors and textures. Even the subtle drizzles of an aioli added such a delicious dimension to the dish. On top of the great food, our server Brandon did a great job. It was surprising to find out that he was from our hometown in TN, thousands of miles away. Overall, great experience!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bistro CVAngeloDined on 3/11/2014The restaurant is one of the hot tickets in Steamboat, and for a good reason. The food is excellent, the ambience refined, and the service attentive but not rushed. The food is a good balance of protein and vegs, and there is a reasonable vegetarian option, though only one entrée. Large small plate listing. The wine list is huge by most standards, with a reasonable price range. Small but nice bar area. Need reservations. This is not a good place for families with small children.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply De-Lish!!pamperedprincessDined on 3/11/2014Bistro CV has become a favored eating spot for the locals and tourists alike. The atmosphere is always inviting, the service is excellent and the food is out-of-this-world. My husband's favorite dish seems to be the Maine Scallops. Always prepared just right and very succulent with an array of different tastes from the accoutrements complimenting the dish. For myself, I enjoy the Ceviche taco for a small plate starter, followed by any of the cheese plates. For the main course, I like the Quail or the Wagyu Beef Burger with the smashed potatoes. Don't forget the dessert! The red velvet cake with pistachio ice cream and fresh creme is the bomb! Five stars out to Katy and Brian for their fantastic restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Night at Bistro CVOETSBDined on 3/10/2014Had dinner after a great day of skiing in Steamboat. The food, service, everything was excellent. Ordered the quail and it was excellent. The grilled romaine salad was also very good. We think that this restaurant just keeps getting better. I thought it might be one small piece of quail, but it was enough to give everyone at the table a taste. Our servers Ashley and Laura were professional and provided great service and a very enjoyable experience.Special Features:
- Food phenomenalRoseDined on 3/8/2014Thanks to Bistro CV for making amazing dishes with unique tastes and flavor combinations. So refreshing and yet still comforting. We enjoyed every bite. The service was the cherry on top. Everyone was helpful and super nice. We will be going back for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- superb small plates and 'middleOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 3/6/2014superb small plates and 'middle plates" chix pot pie and grilled romaine choices are outstanding octopus and yelllowfin crudo also excellent good place to share numerous small plates in a group excellent wine listSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What funKensDined on 3/6/2014We dined there Thursday the 6th of March and we had such a great experience , the food was spectacular but our waitress, Shiloh from New Zealand was the gem. Hats off to you Shiloh .... Tennessee and all that these two eyes will fine you ect.. What a great sense of humor.. All for $2.00 Thanks see u guys next time.Special Features: