345 Lincoln Ave, Suite 105
Steamboat Springs, CO 80487Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bistrocv.com/
- Phone: (970) 879-4197
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Daily: 5:00pm - Close.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Brian Vaughn
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Special Events: Join us on Sundays & Mondays in October & November for our Fall Special; 3 courses for $28! Cheers!
A word from Bistro C.V.
The goal at Bistro C.V. is to celebrate and showcase the freshest ingredients of the season. We love the region we live in and pride ourselves on supporting our local and organic farmers. Our food is a reflection of our belief in cooking simply, honestly and innovatively. We designed our restaurant to provide a dining experience of superior quality within a comfortable atmosphere, unique to Steamboat.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Bistro C.V. - Best Restaurants in Steamboat Springs ›
Bistro C.V. reviews from OpenTable diners
37 reviews since July 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (30)fit for foodies (28)notable wine list (25)romantic (20)neighborhood gem (11)hot spot (9)vibrant bar scene (5)good for groups (4)late-night find (2)great for outdoor dining (2)scenic view (1)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Perfect EveningCarsonsDined on 10/15/2014We loved our evening at Bistro CV. We were able to satisfy our heart's desire and have our favorite dishes. Your chicken pâté was delicious. The ceviche tacos were amazing and a meal would not have been complete without grilled romaine. Randy also had the pot pie which he loved! The pumpkin ice cream was a new delight! Watching Jesse, Eric and Alyiana perform at the chef's bar was inspiring. Wonderful wine, outstanding food, great company( sitting next to Aaron) and having Jay and Brandon wait on us was terrific! Wish we lived closer to make CV our regular place. I guess we'll need to keep this as one of our special places! Keep up the great work! Barb and Randy CarsonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- C.V. Bistro never fails to amaze!JavaDined on 10/14/2014We ordered the Fall special Chef's Tasting Menu and it was stunning. Absolutely cooked to perfection and flavors complemented each other beautifully. It was a magnificent meal to cap a beautiful day in Steamboat Springs!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic DinnergardenloverVIPDined on 10/13/2014Was blown away with the food, the food here is just as great as many 4 star restaurants we have visitedSpecial Features:
- Loved The Chef's Tasting Menu!DevinDDined on 10/11/2014My husband and I went to Bistro C.V. for our 1 year anniversary dinner. We both decided to try the Chef's Tasting Menu and Wine Pairing. All four courses were amazing! I would love to go back and try the Chef's Tasting Menu next season. Yum!Special Features:
- Fantastic Meal and ServiceCathalDined on 10/9/2014From our greeting at the door to the door being held for us on the way out, the evening at Bistro C.V. was fantastic! The food was inventive, beautiful, of quality ingredients and delicious. The Yellowtail Ceviche Taco was like a complex wine, new flavors and textures appeared after each bite, amazing! A fault could not be found! and the food is only as good as the service and the service was excellent! The Bistro never disappoints!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentpdecrettDined on 9/19/2014Great downtown location and contemporary setting. Consistently awesome service without being stuffy or obtrusive. As far as food, I've never had anything that wasn't excellent here. Thanks for providing a perfect experience for my client dinner last Friday!Special Features:
- fun nightsunshineDined on 9/11/2014We sat at the chefs table and got to watch the chefs prepare food while sipping coctails. I think the grilled romain salad and gluten free chocolate cheese cake were the show stoppers. We did a sampling of food and split our entre, salad and desert so we could sample as much as we could. What a fun night! What made it most enjoyable was the terrific service, too. They work as a team and are available to answer questions about Steamboat, how they make their Manhattan's and just very friendly.Special Features:
- Good food overallOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/8/2014The heirloom tomato salad was SO delicious- lick your plate good. We also had the beef tartare and the potpie which were equally as good. The entrees were disappointing- I ordered a pasta which came with truffles and chanterelles. However, my pasta came out with no mushrooms at all. (I even asked if there were chanterelles in my dish). No substitutions or reduction in price of the dish was given. My boyfriend had the duck which was good but not seared enough so there was a thick fat cap that was unappealing. Our server seemed cold and uninterested in us. The desserts came and the blueberry crumble was lacking texture and was very acidic. I will return just based on the facts that our starting courses were delicious!Special Features:
- ExcellentGJLFGDined on 8/25/2014This is an excellent place to eat an appropriate amount of quality food at a reasonable price. We hope to return again someday soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TobmanDined on 8/19/2014Superb food and service, unique recipes, wonderful atmosphere, very expensive.Special Features:
- Food does not justify pricekfrielDined on 8/15/2014Came here on Friday with high expectations based on trip advisor reviews. Our salads were excellent. I ordered Wagyu beef trio. One of the meats was chewy. My husband and daughter ordered a burger. I also had a glass of wine and my husband had a cocktail and glass of wine. Our bill was $185. A bit high for the food.
- Not as good as last yearLocaldinerDined on 8/5/2014The drinks were very good. Two people at the table thought the food was good, but not excellent as we have experienced in the past. Service by the person who was refilling water glasses was outstanding. We arrived at 6:30 when many tables were still empty and initially the service was good, but as the space got more crowded the waiter didn't check as often. After finishing dinner we waited almost half an hour to order dessert; I had to stop the waiter to him to let him know we wanted to place an order. Over 2 1/2 hours from start to finish. I gave my credit card when the dessert was delivered, and thought it presumptuous that it came back missing a copy of the bill; only the charge slip with an undeserved 20% gratuity already added.Special Features:
- Too expensiveLuvfinediningDined on 8/3/2014For the price, it doesn't seem like you get much on your plate! The food was good, but just too expensive.
- Big City Foodies in Ski Town USAmatastic26Dined on 8/2/2014What can I say, this place is as good as any of the big names in Denver. Not pretentious and suitable for the most sophisticated palate. Seasonal menu sourced locally and prepared by a crew in the exhibition kitchen that work as a well oiled machine. This place is not to be missed when in Steamboat.Special Features:
- Great!TelechickDined on 7/25/2014Great food, service and atmosphere. I loved the grilled romaine salad. A great evening out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 281 reviews are from the Bistro C.V. reviews archive.
- Best Restaurant in SteamboatCheflifeDined on 7/19/2014This Place has to be one of the top Places to eat in the State of Colorado. James Beard Quality!! one of the best meals I've had in a long time!Special Features:
- Great Tasting Menukriher18Dined on 7/13/2014We wanted to sample a bit of everything once we saw the menu, so we were delighted that they offered a tasting menu. It was a great price for five courses and the food was all amazing, well-balanced and with great presentation. We will have to make it a habit to visit there again every time we go to Steamboat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jackpot!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/11/2014I hit the jackpot while in Steamboat Springs. The Bistro CV has food to die for. Everything is extremely well prepared and very tasty. It's easily the best food in town.Special Features:
- Steamboat's BestMarianVIPDined on 7/10/2014Small plates and chicken pot pie show evidence of chef's creativity and desire to provide unique dishes to patrons. Wonderful serviceSpecial Features:
- Wow!LDQ24VIPDined on 7/3/2014Went to Steamboat Springs for the July 4th weekend and was stunned by the creativity of the food at Bistro CV. Every dish, from the small plates to the main dish was uniquely fashioned with many different flavors that just melted in your mouth. To begin with my Wife and I shared some yellow tail tacos. After that I had a chicken and chorizo pot pie that was baked in a cornbread crust. The taste was unbelievable. My wife had a red beet salad that was equally as good. We then shared a main dish that included gnocchi with shiitake mushrooms and garlic. It was prepared just right. The gnocchi seemed to melt in your mouth. This was one of the better meals we have eaten in 2014! Can't wait to return to Steamboat and try it again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for my birthdaymyerseiVIPDined on 7/2/2014The food, drink, service, and ambiance were all just perfect. I wouldn't necessarily call Bistro C.V. "kid friendly" it's 100% fine dining, but I also wouldn't think twice about taking a well behaved kid under 10 there either. The staff and kitchen were very accommodating. My daughter's hamburger bun was "too mushy'. It was actually perfect, but our waiter didn't blink and ran back to the kitchen to get a freshly toasted bun. I will return for at least one night next time i'm in 'The Boat". One of the best meals I've had in the past 12 months and I eat out at least 3 times a week.Special Features:
- MaryleeVIPDined on 6/29/2014Never disappointed at the bistro! Service great and the chicken pot pie wonderful.Special Features:
- Hamburger to Die ForIAH2SBSDined on 6/27/2014Bistro CV always impresses. This time with a simple hamburger. Chef suggested to try it with the Bacon Slabs and Blue Cheese. OMG!!! Best hamburger on the planet!!! Love this place and highly recommend it!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice night outdiningcoupleDined on 6/14/2014Bistro CV has a very creative menu and everything's beautifully prepared. The service was excellent - attentive without being intrusive. Nothing was too much trouble. The restaurant is a little pricey, but it's worth it for special occasions and unique, interesting and delicious food. A lovely evening, thank you.Special Features:
- DeliciousDiomDined on 6/6/2014The food at bistro cv is inventive and wonderful. We enjoyed a great meal here with good wine and attentive staff.Special Features:
- New combinations with old favoritesEWELSHDined on 5/24/2014Only been here once but it has been one of our top dining experiences. Self described foodies we chose to eat our way through most of the small plate offerings vs a larger main plate. While there we had the chorizo, liver pate, beet salad, root vegetables, cheese, grilled cesar and some others. Most of the dishes had an "old" favorite as the basis with novel, seasonal combinations that gave the overall plate interest and freshness. Flawless execution and greatpresentation. This is why we go out to eat...to try something we can't execute ourselves or wouldn't even think to try! We look forward to eating here again on our next trip to Steamboat.Special Features:
- The food was amazingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/22/2014The food was so delicious, but also so beautifully presented. What a treatSpecial Features:
- JoyfuljkwolffDined on 5/17/2014food is creative and tasty for those who like something new and different. Service is exceptional.Special Features:
- Great!JPPTAPVIPDined on 5/9/2014We enjoyed the food and creative and interesting menu.Special Features:
- Innovative food combosFoodLoverDined on 4/11/2014Consistently a great experience. Quality staff are attentive, and knowledgeable about both food and wine, and the fare is always interesting, different, and delicious. My only suggestion would be for them to offer more vegetarian items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classy with flavorFivePointsFoodyDined on 3/30/2014It is certainly an expensive meal but it comes packed with flavor. I personally really enjoyed the diamond oysters and the Waguyu (sp?) burger. My girl friend loved the mussels and halibut. In general our group of 5 was very pleased with the quality of the meal. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, mediocre serviceDisappointedDined on 3/28/2014We have dined at Bistro CV at least 8 times in the last 5 years. We keep coming back because the food is AMAZING. But the fact that I've never had superb service there is so disappointing! For one of the top two restaurants in town, this restaurant should put a little attention into training their service staff. There is no kindness, no warmth. And this poor service has been consistent for all of our visits save one. The one time we had good service, it was from Kevin, the former sommelier. But Kevin left to work in California, and the rest of the staff continues to leave a lot to be desired.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful MealSkiWifeDined on 3/26/2014We had a wonderful meal at Bistro CV. The service was great - our server was knowledgable in answering our questions as we had a couple picky diners with us. Our food was unique and delicious. We'd definitely go back.Special Features:
- Lovely experienceMaureenSGDined on 3/25/2014Food, atmosphere, service, presentation all top notch. Great wine list, even good selection of wines by the glass. Choose a typical entree/app combo or go with a few small plates, all were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really great dining experience.MariFDined on 3/23/2014Really great dining experience. Interesting housemade cocktails.The mussel appetizer was beyond expectation. The sauce is light, smoky and slightly sweet which was better than the menu description. The entrees were fantastic. I had the scallops and my husband had the quail. He even ate the brussel sprout leaves (that's saying a lot!).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Absolute Wonderful Meal!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/23/2014Unique!! Delicious!!! Pride oozes from their food. The chef is clearly well trained and the staff is wonderful, friendly, enviting, and knowledgable. Only a handful of dishes that are year round, and the rest of the menu changes weekly if not daily. Almost everything that I have tried at Bistro CV I could genuinely say was the BEST I've had. The mussels, the Bone Marrow, the Pork Trio, the Hamburger, the Chicken Chirizo Pot Pie, YES YES YES!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely perfect... AGAIN!!DerbyGirlVIPDined on 3/18/2014We celebrated our 25th anniversary and once again, found absolutely everything to be exquisite! The wine list was solid (reasonably expansive, moderately priced), the food was extraordinary (fresh ingredients, good variety, fabulous presentation, and above all, delicious), and the service was attentive, knowledgeable and friendly (Ashley was superb). A solid and consistent experience. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As locals this restaurantFoodieDined on 3/14/2014As locals this restaurant is our favorite in Steamboat. The food is imaginative and the quality is excellent. The wine list is wonderful with a reasonable price selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!BMOJDined on 3/14/2014This was one of the best meals of my life. I had a white manhattan, ceviche tacos, a baby herb salad with beets and pepitas and gnocchi with sauteed spinach and mushrooms in a bechemel sauce-also a dessert. All were spectacular-as was the service. I will definitely go back the next time I visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great staff and amazing foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/13/2014I heard of this restaurant from a sommelier in Stemboat Springs. My two friends and I were seated quickly (we had reservations) and our server was very prompt. All of the staff were very attentive. Our party ordered the 5 course tasting menu and paired with selected wines. We were all very pleased with all courses and selections. The chef really knows how to layer completing flavors and textures. Even the subtle drizzles of an aioli added such a delicious dimension to the dish. On top of the great food, our server Brandon did a great job. It was surprising to find out that he was from our hometown in TN, thousands of miles away. Overall, great experience!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.