Bistro Citron - Roslyn
1362 Old Northern Blvd.
Roslyn, NY 11576Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
Bistro Citron - Roslyn
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bistrocitron.com/
- Phone: (516) 403-4400
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French American, French
- Executive Chef: Scott Andriani
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Live music every Thursday including traditional French chanteuse!
A word from Bistro Citron - Roslyn
This French bistro serves excellent food in a charming and casual setting. Walk in and experience a casual, yet intimate cafe on the left bank of Paris. Perfect for gathering with friends or an intimate rendez-vous.Continued
Reliable French standards, terrific daily specials, and the "best burger within 50 miles" (Zagat "13).
Reliable French standards, terrific daily specials, and the "best burger within 50 miles" (Zagat "13).
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Bistro Citron - Roslyn - Best Restaurants in Roslyn ›
Bistro Citron - Roslyn reviews from OpenTable diners
70 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (40)fit for foodies (31)great for lunch (28)scenic view (28)great for brunch (23)special occasion (19)good for groups (12)romantic (10)great for outdoor dining (8)hot spot (8)late-night find (5)notable wine list (4)kid-friendly (3)vibrant bar scene (3)Show More
- foodieVIPDined on 11/16/2014One of our favorite neighborhood restaurants. There's always a warm welcome, & there's an excellent varied menu with lots of French specialties prepared in a lighter than expected fashion. The food is always fresh, delicious & beautifully presented.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good deal for restaurant weekebfromroslynVIPDined on 11/9/2014Generally a very good restaurant. My husband and friends especially love the mussels which unfortunately I am allergic to Re my restaurant week dinner: a good value; crab cake was fine as was its salsa; sauce with the sword fish and the fennel were superb; fish itself a tad dry, but I'm not a great fan of swordfish. Pear tarte - pear appeared to be half of a canned pear - not great.Special Features:
- Nice discoverytarzanterriDined on 11/9/2014Had brunch here before visiting the Roselyn Museam. It was a very pleasant surprise, because some of the recent reviews weren't that good. I liked the restaurant ambiance, and had a table overlooking a pond. The croissants were delicious, my salmon was excellent, and so was the coffee. I felt it was a good value, also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A night in Paris....CaptSteveDined on 11/8/2014....Without having to cross the pond. Just a very enjoyable dining experience. Not pretentious, not put on, just an authentic French bistro planted in the middle of Roslyn Village. That means it is local, informal and user friendly. Give it a try.Special Features:
- Just Shy of 4...this TimeGeorgesDined on 11/8/2014I've been to Citron numerous times over the years. Last Saturday I opted to take advantage of their 3 course prix fixe menu, which ended up being more of a good deal than a good value. Prix fixe menus often represent a compromise: an elevated dining experience with a diminished menu at a discounted price, and this night was no exception. Despite the seriously underachieving entrees and deserts (for Citron anyway), I enjoyed my dining experience and came away reasonably satisfied. I'll certainly be back but I'll think twice about succumbing to the temptations of the prix fixe offerings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointedAuguststarDined on 11/8/2014Bistro Citron is a comeback place for me. I have dined here several times with family and/or friends and I am pleased to say that I have not been disappointed. I did get pleasantly surprised this last time when I got our bill. It was a steal! (It was my first time to go there for lunch. My previous visits were for dinner.) Service is also good but as a constructive criticism, I want to say that the young male waiter should practice making eye contact with all the diners in a group. Everytime he had to say/explain something to everyone, his eyes were just focused on one person, making the others feel left out. Otherwise, he was efficient and informative.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charmimg french bistroDeeDeeDined on 11/7/2014Wonderful Bistro menu...lots of selections, as well as the delicious "plats du jour". The food is well prepared and very tasty. The service is excellent. If I had one complaint, it is the noise level. With a full house of guests, it is difficult to have a conversation over the din.Special Features:
- BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/2/2014My wife and I had brunch recently at Bistro Citron. Like most brunches, this one was offered on a prix fixe pricing scheme. I ordered the chicken sandwich. The chicken was dry and not flavorful, except for the char on one side. The baguette on which it lay was of good quality--crispy crust and tender in the center. The sandwich also had cheese and l&t. Meh. Fries were served on the side. They were under-cooked and insufficiently (not at all?) salted. For $21, I was expecting a side salad, as well, but that was just a hunger-induced fantasy. My wife had the salmon. Nice-sized piece of fish on a bed of vegetables. She said it was so-so and I don't have any more information to share than that. The view of the lake was nice.Special Features:
- Tres BienOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/23/2014We never really tried a French restaurant before, but we really liked Citron. It was recommended by a friend, who suggested we try their brunch. We haven't yet. But have gone twice now for dinner. Sitting at the bar both times and having a very good experience. We went last Thursday and enjoyed both live music and excellent food. We shared a salad, sliders and a bar menu item. The surf and turf from the bar menu was superb, a 4 oz filet, a large grilled shrimp and lobster mash. It as just perfect.Special Features:
- Horrible serviceMc1026Dined on 9/27/2014Waited 25 minutes for bread and water after 45 minutes the waiter still didn't come to take order so we walked out.
- LawyerdadDailyBreadVIPDined on 9/27/2014Unfortunately, this Roslyn Village mainstay has become poorly managed. Food was subpar and amateurishly executed; service was horrific. Ownership looks like they didn't even give a hoot while watching 2 tables of 6 and 1 table of 2 all walk out after waiting interminably for either a waiter to take their orders or for food that never arrived. Saturday, 9/27 from 7:30 to 9:30 was like sitting in Beirut during a civil war. Be forewarned. You woukd be better off at Taverna across the street.
- NOTHING SPECIALOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/21/2014The food was certainly nothing to rave about. My pancakes were not hot and so not were my wife's french toast. The accompanying bacon and sausage were delicious. Service was excellent.Special Features:
- lovely place to meet friendsrkrkDined on 9/20/2014I met two friends and we sat outside, enjoying the view of the Roslyn pond. The food was delicious and ample, and the ambiance was lovely. Would definitely recommend.Special Features:
- ELLIOTTVIPDined on 9/6/2014great menu and terrific service but a little noisySpecial Features:
- Citron disappointsYankelVIPDined on 9/6/2014In the last few years, this venerable neighborhood bistro has entered into an unfortunate steady decline. I suspect that changes have occurred in the kitchen. The crust of the onion/gruyere tarte was soggy and barely tasty. The $26 sole meuniere was overpriced, small and otherwise mediocre. Amazingly, the fries tasted exactly like frozen supermarket fries. The place is in a nosedive. The service remains very good.
- a place we will return to!gayleDined on 8/30/2014Parking struggle, but lots of fun once inside, good cocktails, sold out of delicious shortrib saturday specialty early (7:30 )-we got the last two. , very attentive service despite crowd and noise level.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/29/2014It is usually better. Today there was grit in my hamburger. The french fries were tepid The salad dressing was strange,but the profiterole ws lucious.Special Features:
- GCgirlDined on 8/28/2014Although related to Bistro Casis in Huntington, this place holds its own. Food was wonderful. Ability to make reservations a plus.Special Features:
- Always a good pickSneffersDined on 8/23/2014My family has been coming to Bistro Citron for decades. It is always delicious and everyone always walks away happy.Special Features:
- CelebrationMichaelDined on 8/9/2014It had been an unbelievable year including having been remarried and then dealing with numerous ongoing medical issues. It seemed the perfect place to celebrate the anniversary and in positive news from the doctors with our closest friends at a table overlooking the water with some great food and some excellent wine choices.Special Features:
- YUMMY MUSSELSCaryn2LeeDined on 8/2/2014The mussels are delicious. The best around. Always have a good meal. The noise level is extremely loud. This time the large round table in the back was empty so we could hear ourselves talk. Would recommend a table in the bar area.Special Features:
- Love this placeNinaVIPDined on 7/31/2014I decided to try this bistro because of the good reviews. I had a special guest so I requested that we be given a nice table. When we arrived we were seated at a table with a view of the Roslyn pond. My guest was very impressed. We all ordered the salmon which was perfectly cooked according to our specs. The clam chowder soup of the day was very good, had lots of clams. The profiteroles were very good for the hot afternoon. The maitre d was very pleasant. All our wait staff were attentive. We had a great lunch experience and I won't hesitate to come back or recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodieVIPDined on 7/28/2014Good neighborhood restaurant - welcoming - something for everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charming bistro!mexiloveryumDined on 7/27/2014We came here for my parents' 40th anniversary. My folks enjoyed the restaurant a lot. They noted the decor was great, nice view of the pond outside. The food was excellent french fare. Great duck, pate, fried brie, escargot with croutons on top that seemed to explode with juicy buttery goodness. Desserts were equally as impressive. Creme brulee and the lemon tart were very nice. My dad ordered a glass of Remy Martin and received a generous glassful. They would love to come back here again, and I would too.Special Features:
- The following 107 reviews are from the Bistro Citron - Roslyn reviews archive.
- foodieVIPDined on 7/17/2014We usually have a better experience here. Service was not up to par - My Endive Salad did not look right & the server insisted there was endive in the salad. I knew it was wrong & returned it; I then got the correct salad. There were some other glitches, as well.Special Features:
- Fabulous French FareNikita1569VIPDined on 7/15/2014I always enjoy my meals at Citron. They have classic French bistro dishes and I especially enjoy the duck and onion soup. Service can be spotty here, as we experienced a very long wait for dessert, and waiters oddly hovering around us at the beginning of our meal. All in all though this is a consistently good choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- craigDined on 7/12/2014Had a nice meal with 3 couples. Food was excellent but restaurant was very warm. No pressure, we sat for 2 hrs
- foodieVIPDined on 7/12/2014Not up to usual standards this night. Waiter seemed to be new - food set down in front of the wrong person, & one person's main course was delivered quite a bit later than the other 5, making it uncomfortable, as the rest of us either had to be rude & begin or have our food get cold. We asked 3 times, & were repeatedly told it was coming, which, of course, it finally did.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fun bistromarciaDined on 7/10/2014very cute little place with an attentive staff. much better and cheaper than going to a big steak house.Special Features:
- So disappointing!DukeVIPDined on 7/10/2014The restaurant continues to disappoint again with poor service with an attitude and subpar food! All our meat dishes (five of us) was over cooked that had to be sent back, no choice of a fish dish on the menu at all and on top of that you end up getting an attitude from the waiters that you should be so lucky to be there! The restaurant should seriously consider changing it's chef and the waiters!
- Nice TimeJosephDined on 7/5/2014First time to the place, Sat night, and the service was good and the food very good. From the time we pulled up with the valet parking to when we got our car back, everything went well. Very friendly, mostly quit place and the restaurant was full.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!FrankGVIPDined on 6/29/2014Great dinner. Glad to see Russell again, the place always runs great when he is there. Paella was amazing, if you get there on a Sunday, definitely try it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/29/2014Suggestion: serve the french fries on a separate plate from the steak so that the fries don't become soggy from the juice of the meat. I thought the beet salad was extremely overpriced for the amount they gave you.Special Features:
- Service needs more trainingJEBrunoDined on 6/28/2014The server should not recite the specials until all parties are seated. Food was excellent as usual but our party of six agreed that the young man who was handling our table appeared to be doing so for the first time. After our meal the valet could not locate my car for nearly ten minutes and he suggested that I may have parked my own car. I asked him to consider how I got my hands on the vehicle claim ticket if I self-parked. The next day I discovered that one of the valets left his I-Pod in my car's cup holder. I drove back to the restaurant and presented the I-Pod to the bartender. This is a fine restaurant but at times it seems that the staff fails to deliver the level of service found in the other "Bistro" locations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sometimes very good, sometimes not!SeaCliffDinerDined on 6/28/2014We usually enjoy our meals at Bistro Citron very much. Unfortunately, this dining experience was not a good one. The food was not up to its normal standards. My frisee salad was underdressed and under-seasoned. The burger was dry and served on a bun that completely overwhelmed it. Two friends felt similarly about their meals--bland skirt steak and underwhelming duck. The best dishes of the night were mussels provencal and crepes suzette for dessert. The service was also lacking. The young waiter and the bus staff were working very hard, but meals came out at different times, we had to ask a few times for utensils, drinks were not delivered. This was a bad night, but we will go back based on the better experiences we've had here before.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Found a gemFridaynitefoodieDined on 6/27/2014Was looking a new Friday night dining experience and came across Bistro Citron. I loved the convenience of the parking lot, not having to wait for a table, the great ambience, friendly and attentive staff, and of course most importantly the generous potions of the great tasting food. Had the corn chowder as a starter, that alone will get me to return to this neighborhood gem.Special Features:
- New Management Looking GoodFrankGVIPDined on 6/17/2014New management in place - noticeable difference! Food and service are great, the Lobster sandwich was amazing, highly recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice for brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/15/2014i gave service 3 stars bc the waiter got the order wrong, but what he brought out was still yummy. plus his english was hard to understand. but other than that , service was great. also the outdoor seating was not available, which is sad bc they have a nice patio out there with views and it is rated one of long islands best outdoor spots to eat!Special Features:
- Father's Day BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/15/2014Father's Day brunch was nice. Went with my husband and two children, ages 2 and 6. Food was good.Special Features:
- EatdrinkbhappyDined on 6/14/2014Service was friendly and efficient. The food was very good. Just a bit loud. Will definitely go again during the weekSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.