Bistro Citron - Roslyn
1362 Old Northern Blvd.
Roslyn, NY 11576Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
Bistro Citron - Roslyn
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bistrocitron.com/
- Phone: (516) 403-4400
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French American, French
- Executive Chef: Scott Andriani
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Live music every Thursday including traditional French chanteuse!
A word from Bistro Citron - Roslyn
This French bistro serves excellent food in a charming and casual setting. Walk in and experience a casual, yet intimate cafe on the left bank of Paris. Perfect for gathering with friends or an intimate rendez-vous.Continued
Reliable French standards, terrific daily specials, and the "best burger within 50 miles" (Zagat "13).
Reliable French standards, terrific daily specials, and the "best burger within 50 miles" (Zagat "13).
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Bistro Citron - Roslyn - Best Restaurants in Roslyn ›
Bistro Citron - Roslyn reviews from OpenTable diners
67 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (38)fit for foodies (29)great for lunch (26)scenic view (26)great for brunch (20)special occasion (16)good for groups (12)romantic (9)great for outdoor dining (7)hot spot (7)late-night find (5)notable wine list (4)vibrant bar scene (3)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Always greatFrankGVIPDined on 1/29/2014Food is always on the mark - perfectly cooked and presented. Server was pleasant and courteous. Antonios, the host, is a real pro...great guy! makes everyone feel special
- Bistro CitronPaulTNVIPDined on 1/29/2014Always a favorite place to dine where the food is fresh & favorful, the atmosphere can be fun for a group, or romantic if that is your intention. The lake view with the ducks & swans is always calming regardless of the weather. Love the Crab Salad, Poullet Chardonnay, Duck (whichever way you choose), steaks, Burger, Fries, Mussels , and Paella to name but a few. They have something for every taste. The wines are solidly chosen and at prices that won't break the bank. Sometimes we like to go just to have a great bottle of wine, a bowl of Mussels & fries, and a delightful dessert.Special Features:
- We always enjoy our diningEllen28VIPDined on 1/25/2014We always enjoy our dining experiences at this neighborhood place.. looking forward to going back...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food good, service offFrankGVIPDined on 1/19/2014Food is always great, but service was a tad off. Never got any bread or spreads, asked, but never showed up. Host was not very friendly, has a bit of an attitude (Russell was NOT there!). Burger a bit overcooked, but the crabcakes were great.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a good showing.LeeKDined on 1/18/2014I have visited Bistro Citron before many times but tonight the food was sub par with no taste. very bland. Their storage room is in the front of the restaurant so staff is constantly walking through with food products to the kitchen. I even saw a box of shrink wrapped meat come through. I would hope their meat does not come shrink wrapped but that might explain my wife's really bad steak that was hard to cut even with the steak knife. We had a booth in the bar that was nice but after ordering noticed a specials menu on the wall that was not the same as the specials menu that we were handed.
- Bad lunch at Bistro Citroen!carollvVIPDined on 1/15/2014A friend and I recently had lunch at BC. The quiche I ordered must have been made previously and then microwaved..it was simply put dreadful and my friend's salad nicoise also not very good. Felt as if the restaurant has gone downhill!
- A true gem!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 1/14/2014If you want very good food served in a proper French way, with all the "trimmings" of great service, attentive staff, etc.. try Bistro Citron. My date who is well traveling and lived in France raved about the food and I too found the whole experience delightful. Really top notch all the way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love itFrankGVIPDined on 1/12/2014Perfect place to relax, have a great meal, and even catch the football game! Bar area was great, love the Surf and Turf on the bar menu, just an awesome dish. Great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is always good as isfoodieVIPDined on 12/31/2013Food is always good as is the ambiance; however, the wait staff, particularly the bus people need to be trained . They constantly reach across diners to refill water glasses, serve bread, etc. , reaching right in front of diners' faces.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Splendid!PatrickDined on 12/28/2013Small bistro with a small but good selection of dishes. A little cramped but not annoyingly so. Fills up quickly so definitely make reservations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!CelebrationVIPDined on 12/26/2013It is one of those places that know how to make French fare taste amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great way to spend Christmas EveFrankGVIPDined on 12/24/2013What a nice time,sat at the bar, folks were toasting the holidays - had the awesome surf and turf...highly recommended. Russell is a great host!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently excellentLODJADined on 12/23/2013Good for lunch, dinner, before a movie (down the block), etc. We come here from mid-island south, and worth the trip. One of the rare legit French bistros left on L.I.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good meeting spotKarinDined on 12/18/2013If you can overcome the parking or lack of it in the small town of Roslyn, this is a pleasant spot to meet friends for lunch. The menu features a nice variety of items, French being the highlight.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always dependable!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 12/12/2013Consistently good. Use of the best ingredients. Attentive staff. LOVE the bread!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently goodRoslynGalDined on 12/7/2013We come here often, great neighborhood restaurant, food is consistently good, staff always attentive and they don't chase you out. It is a bit loud when crowded, but not terrible.Special Features:
- Second visit not as good as firstPothedinerVIPDined on 12/7/2013Unfortunately we had some problems on our second visit. The major problem was a order of clams. One of the clams was obviously bad as the smell of it was quite bad. We couldn't believe anyone would serve this. On the bright side the rest of the meal was good except we had to wait for my son's pasta dish. Not sure if we will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I do like the restaurant andzildafrDined on 12/7/2013I do like the restaurant and patronized it several times. However, last Saturday was not as pleasant as always. We made a reservation at 5.30pm, but unfortunately one guest was late and apparently that disturbed the Maitre D' very much. His attitude was rude and most unprofessional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but the waitersACGrDined on 12/6/2013Good food but the waiters seem to rush through our dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely ambiance and deliciousJfigDined on 12/6/2013Lovely ambiance and delicious food with a view. But parking was tough, even for lunch on a weekday. Nothing available in the lot right next door.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Bar MenuFrankGVIPDined on 12/5/2013Decided to sit at the bar and enjoy some of the live music, which was great. nice bar menu items, the "Surf and Turf" was great, not a huge portion but reasonable priced and very well made. Loved it. Wife's chicken sandwich was tasty. Service is outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Usually goodsyzygymflDined on 12/5/2013I eat here periodically and find it to be some of the best food around. This particular occasion my duck l'orange was a little dry but my companion raved about her tuna. the sole is usually very good as well.Special Features:
- Great food, TERRIBLE SERVICEfhoffmanDined on 12/1/2013It was funny at a certain point -- we had to laugh. It started when we walked in the door -- nobody got up to seat us, the manager seemed completely disoriented and like he just wanted to go home. We get seated, comfortably, and then our waiter creepily approaches us and sort of mutters under his breath if he can get us something to drink. This continued when he took our orders, and we were not convinced that they would get our orders right. Sure enough there were a couple of screw-ups, a crepe missing cheese and the wrong cheese on a burger. My dad had also asked for a cake for my birthday which never came, but I was too full and annoyed by the end to even care. The bussers were lovely ladies who should be running the place instead.Special Features:
- The service was a bit inconsistent.GLeeVIPDined on 12/1/2013The service was a bit inconsistent. The waiter didn't seem to understand us, perhaps because of a language barrier. It is always nice to sit and watch the birds on the lake. They ran out of croissants quite early and never offered us any more when they did have them.Special Features:
- Neighborhood BistroFoodforthoughtVIPDined on 11/30/2013Having chosen Bistro Citron for a get together with our friends on a Saturday night... We were expecting the restaurant to be crowded and noisy. We were pleasant surprised that while crowded and noisy...we did not have to wait to be seated. The wait staff was attentive....the food delicious. The only negative would be the waiter explaining to my wife and I that the halibut special was the way to go this evening. We took him up on the suggestion. Much to our surprise...the waiter returned with menus in hand...explaining that the restaurant ran out of the halibut special...but the other fish dishes would most certainly be to our liking. While correct..it was still dissapointing given the buildup to how good the halibut was to have been.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointed - alwaysfoodieVIPDined on 11/25/2013Never disappointed - always excellent food, service & warm ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday Prix Fixe GreatFrankGVIPDined on 11/24/2013I would strongly recommend the Sunday Prix Fixe - a great value! Skirt steak perfect, the salad with pears outstanding. Service was great, Russell's a good guy and a fellow Giant fan!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Finding a local gemluvgoodfoodDined on 11/16/2013I recently returned to Bistro Citron because a friend mentioned how much they had liked it. We really enjoyed our dinner. It is a casual, relaxed atmosphere with very good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ate lightNatashaDined on 11/15/2013i didn't go with an enormous appetite but I'm a big fan of steak tartare and their was very good. had an excellent malbec with it.Special Features:
- Solid, consistent, and noOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 11/15/2013Solid, consistent, and no brainier. Easily satisfies all tastes. Perfect for a night out with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a difference a few days makesFrankGVIPDined on 11/14/2013Had a less than desirable experience last week here, the owner, who is the host, was rude and condescending. I see why the reviews are so mixed here, when he is there it's a whole different vibe. But the other night Russell was the host, and he's a great guy. Warm, friendly and welcoming. Food was great, baked chicken for two is delicious and perfectly seasoned and cooked. Now if only the owner could learn customer service from his staff, the place would be great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodMarybakeDined on 11/10/2013We were happy with our food. The wine selection was very good at every price range. We sat in the bar area because it was quieter, but it seems as though our server forgot about us out there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We made a reservation withoutlegoyuzuDined on 11/8/2013We made a reservation without knowing it was during the restaurant week. The food was good as usual but the place was packed and noisy that 3 of us had to scream at each other across the table in order to have conversation. I always notice the service is excellent this place except the older gentle man who seats you to the table. He just looks grumpy and not welcoming at all. This was our 5th visits to Citron and this guy is always there, so he could be one of the owners otherwise I don't know who would want the guy to be the front of the restaurant because he has no smile on his face. Never greet with warm attitude. Other than that, I love this place and would recommend this place to my friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food good, but....FrankGVIPDined on 11/8/2013Having been to Citron many times, this is the first experience where I was disappointed. We requested to sit in a certain section, where one of our favorite waiters covers. We arrived at 7:10, for a 7:15 reservation, and told rather abruptly by the host, that he could seat us in the rear now, or we could wait a few minutes for the section we asked for. After 30 minutes, my wife saw a table in our requested section open, she asked if we could now sit, and his response was "NO". No explanation, just no and walked away. After 35 minutes, he seated us way in the back, as far as possible from the section we requested. Odd, he made us wait 35 minutes and we wound up in the same empty table we could have had at 7:10. Bad business.
- Loved it, but...FrankGVIPDined on 11/1/2013Love the food here, and the new menu is great, a lot of new things to try and some old favorites back on. Had the Frogs Legs as an app, love them, always order them wherever I am and when they are available. Tasty, but very small and way too much garlic. Couldn't taste the frog at all. Entrees were both winners, pounded pork chop was perfect, and my wife's swordfish special was outstanding. Service amazing, real pros!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My go-to restaurantNosoyformeDined on 10/26/2013Bistro Citron is my go to restaurant. I have multiple food allergies (soy & vegetable gums) and have great difficulty finding restaurants where I can eat without worry. Even highly rated restaurants, including two in the immediate vicinity of Bistro Citron, use a soy/ olive oil mix for salads and cooking. Any shortcuts like using commercially prepared soup bases and prepared salad dressings are a huge problem for me. Bistro Citron makes their own bases and stocks. They have great bread, a menu with something for all discerning diners and a lovely view of the Roslyn pond. The proximity to the Roslyn theater makes dinner and a movie easy- park once and walk to both. The noise level can be deafening when full of diners, though.Special Features:
- good eatsJordana24Dined on 10/21/2013Lots of good choices for all kinds of foodies. Prices are reasonable and portions are more than adequate. Easy to have a conversation without raising your voice. I will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Roslyn village stapleSmlcpaDined on 10/18/2013We have been patrons of this establishment for years . The menu has something for everyone. The wait staff is attentive and friendly . We have had several family celebrations there and have always been satisfied with the results. Lastly they do honor the reservations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect service and foodFrankGVIPDined on 10/17/2013Bistro Citron is quickly becoming one of our go-to restaurants. I love the fact you can stop by for a burger (amazing) and a beer, or take your time with a nice relaxing dinner. Everything is prepared and seasoned remarkably, and the service staff is polite and friendly ( kudos to Antonio - a real pro). The steak au poivre was a good as it gets, perfect medium rare, juicy and full of flavor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak was among the best!FrankGVIPDined on 10/10/2013Had to try Steak Frites in a French restaurant...and boy, was it amazing. I could not imagine a more perfectly cooked (medium rare), well seasoned and delicious piece of beef. Had to be among the best steaks I have had in years. Memorable. And considering the neighborhood has it's share of steak houses, thats a tough statement to make. Russell, the host, is friendly and welcoming, wait staff professional. One of my new favorite places!Special Features: