Bistro Citron - Roslyn
1362 Old Northern Blvd.
Roslyn, NY 11576Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
Bistro Citron - Roslyn
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bistrocitron.com/
- Phone: 5164034400x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French American, French
- Executive Chef: Scott Andriani
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Live music every Thursday including traditional French chanteuse!
A word from Bistro Citron - Roslyn
This French bistro serves excellent food in a charming and casual setting. Walk in and experience a casual, yet intimate cafe on the left bank of Paris. Perfect for gathering with friends or an intimate rendez-vous.Continued
Reliable French standards, terrific daily specials, and the "best burger within 50 miles" (Zagat "13).
Reliable French standards, terrific daily specials, and the "best burger within 50 miles" (Zagat "13).
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
Bistro Citron - Roslyn - Best Restaurants in Roslyn ›
Bistro Citron - Roslyn reviews from OpenTable diners
71 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (37)scenic view (32)fit for foodies (30)great for brunch (27)great for lunch (26)special occasion (15)romantic (13)great for outdoor dining (12)good for groups (10)hot spot (6)kid-friendly (5)late-night find (4)vibrant bar scene (3)notable wine list (3)Show More
- Horrible serviceMc1026Dined on 9/27/2014Waited 25 minutes for bread and water after 45 minutes the waiter still didn't come to take order so we walked out.
- LawyerdadDailyBreadVIPDined on 9/27/2014Unfortunately, this Roslyn Village mainstay has become poorly managed. Food was subpar and amateurishly executed; service was horrific. Ownership looks like they didn't even give a hoot while watching 2 tables of 6 and 1 table of 2 all walk out after waiting interminably for either a waiter to take their orders or for food that never arrived. Saturday, 9/27 from 7:30 to 9:30 was like sitting in Beirut during a civil war. Be forewarned. You woukd be better off at Taverna across the street.
- NOTHING SPECIALOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/21/2014The food was certainly nothing to rave about. My pancakes were not hot and so not were my wife's french toast. The accompanying bacon and sausage were delicious. Service was excellent.Special Features:
- lovely place to meet friendsrkrkDined on 9/20/2014I met two friends and we sat outside, enjoying the view of the Roslyn pond. The food was delicious and ample, and the ambiance was lovely. Would definitely recommend.Special Features:
- ELLIOTTVIPDined on 9/6/2014great menu and terrific service but a little noisySpecial Features:
- Citron disappointsYankelVIPDined on 9/6/2014In the last few years, this venerable neighborhood bistro has entered into an unfortunate steady decline. I suspect that changes have occurred in the kitchen. The crust of the onion/gruyere tarte was soggy and barely tasty. The $26 sole meuniere was overpriced, small and otherwise mediocre. Amazingly, the fries tasted exactly like frozen supermarket fries. The place is in a nosedive. The service remains very good.
- a place we will return to!gayleDined on 8/30/2014Parking struggle, but lots of fun once inside, good cocktails, sold out of delicious shortrib saturday specialty early (7:30 )-we got the last two. , very attentive service despite crowd and noise level.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/29/2014It is usually better. Today there was grit in my hamburger. The french fries were tepid The salad dressing was strange,but the profiterole ws lucious.Special Features:
- GCgirlDined on 8/28/2014Although related to Bistro Casis in Huntington, this place holds its own. Food was wonderful. Ability to make reservations a plus.Special Features:
- Always a good pickSneffersDined on 8/23/2014My family has been coming to Bistro Citron for decades. It is always delicious and everyone always walks away happy.Special Features:
- CelebrationMichaelDined on 8/9/2014It had been an unbelievable year including having been remarried and then dealing with numerous ongoing medical issues. It seemed the perfect place to celebrate the anniversary and in positive news from the doctors with our closest friends at a table overlooking the water with some great food and some excellent wine choices.Special Features:
- YUMMY MUSSELSCaryn2LeeDined on 8/2/2014The mussels are delicious. The best around. Always have a good meal. The noise level is extremely loud. This time the large round table in the back was empty so we could hear ourselves talk. Would recommend a table in the bar area.Special Features:
- Love this placeNinaVIPDined on 7/31/2014I decided to try this bistro because of the good reviews. I had a special guest so I requested that we be given a nice table. When we arrived we were seated at a table with a view of the Roslyn pond. My guest was very impressed. We all ordered the salmon which was perfectly cooked according to our specs. The clam chowder soup of the day was very good, had lots of clams. The profiteroles were very good for the hot afternoon. The maitre d was very pleasant. All our wait staff were attentive. We had a great lunch experience and I won't hesitate to come back or recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodieVIPDined on 7/28/2014Good neighborhood restaurant - welcoming - something for everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charming bistro!mexiloveryumDined on 7/27/2014We came here for my parents' 40th anniversary. My folks enjoyed the restaurant a lot. They noted the decor was great, nice view of the pond outside. The food was excellent french fare. Great duck, pate, fried brie, escargot with croutons on top that seemed to explode with juicy buttery goodness. Desserts were equally as impressive. Creme brulee and the lemon tart were very nice. My dad ordered a glass of Remy Martin and received a generous glassful. They would love to come back here again, and I would too.Special Features:
- foodieVIPDined on 7/17/2014We usually have a better experience here. Service was not up to par - My Endive Salad did not look right & the server insisted there was endive in the salad. I knew it was wrong & returned it; I then got the correct salad. There were some other glitches, as well.Special Features:
- Fabulous French FareNikita1569VIPDined on 7/15/2014I always enjoy my meals at Citron. They have classic French bistro dishes and I especially enjoy the duck and onion soup. Service can be spotty here, as we experienced a very long wait for dessert, and waiters oddly hovering around us at the beginning of our meal. All in all though this is a consistently good choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- craigDined on 7/12/2014Had a nice meal with 3 couples. Food was excellent but restaurant was very warm. No pressure, we sat for 2 hrs
- foodieVIPDined on 7/12/2014Not up to usual standards this night. Waiter seemed to be new - food set down in front of the wrong person, & one person's main course was delivered quite a bit later than the other 5, making it uncomfortable, as the rest of us either had to be rude & begin or have our food get cold. We asked 3 times, & were repeatedly told it was coming, which, of course, it finally did.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fun bistromarciaDined on 7/10/2014very cute little place with an attentive staff. much better and cheaper than going to a big steak house.Special Features:
- So disappointing!DukeVIPDined on 7/10/2014The restaurant continues to disappoint again with poor service with an attitude and subpar food! All our meat dishes (five of us) was over cooked that had to be sent back, no choice of a fish dish on the menu at all and on top of that you end up getting an attitude from the waiters that you should be so lucky to be there! The restaurant should seriously consider changing it's chef and the waiters!
- Nice TimeJosephDined on 7/5/2014First time to the place, Sat night, and the service was good and the food very good. From the time we pulled up with the valet parking to when we got our car back, everything went well. Very friendly, mostly quit place and the restaurant was full.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!FrankGVIPDined on 6/29/2014Great dinner. Glad to see Russell again, the place always runs great when he is there. Paella was amazing, if you get there on a Sunday, definitely try it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/29/2014Suggestion: serve the french fries on a separate plate from the steak so that the fries don't become soggy from the juice of the meat. I thought the beet salad was extremely overpriced for the amount they gave you.Special Features:
- Service needs more trainingJEBrunoDined on 6/28/2014The server should not recite the specials until all parties are seated. Food was excellent as usual but our party of six agreed that the young man who was handling our table appeared to be doing so for the first time. After our meal the valet could not locate my car for nearly ten minutes and he suggested that I may have parked my own car. I asked him to consider how I got my hands on the vehicle claim ticket if I self-parked. The next day I discovered that one of the valets left his I-Pod in my car's cup holder. I drove back to the restaurant and presented the I-Pod to the bartender. This is a fine restaurant but at times it seems that the staff fails to deliver the level of service found in the other "Bistro" locations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sometimes very good, sometimes not!SeaCliffDinerDined on 6/28/2014We usually enjoy our meals at Bistro Citron very much. Unfortunately, this dining experience was not a good one. The food was not up to its normal standards. My frisee salad was underdressed and under-seasoned. The burger was dry and served on a bun that completely overwhelmed it. Two friends felt similarly about their meals--bland skirt steak and underwhelming duck. The best dishes of the night were mussels provencal and crepes suzette for dessert. The service was also lacking. The young waiter and the bus staff were working very hard, but meals came out at different times, we had to ask a few times for utensils, drinks were not delivered. This was a bad night, but we will go back based on the better experiences we've had here before.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Found a gemFridaynitefoodieDined on 6/27/2014Was looking a new Friday night dining experience and came across Bistro Citron. I loved the convenience of the parking lot, not having to wait for a table, the great ambience, friendly and attentive staff, and of course most importantly the generous potions of the great tasting food. Had the corn chowder as a starter, that alone will get me to return to this neighborhood gem.Special Features:
- The following 95 reviews are from the Bistro Citron - Roslyn reviews archive.
- New Management Looking GoodFrankGVIPDined on 6/17/2014New management in place - noticeable difference! Food and service are great, the Lobster sandwich was amazing, highly recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice for brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/15/2014i gave service 3 stars bc the waiter got the order wrong, but what he brought out was still yummy. plus his english was hard to understand. but other than that , service was great. also the outdoor seating was not available, which is sad bc they have a nice patio out there with views and it is rated one of long islands best outdoor spots to eat!Special Features:
- Father's Day BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/15/2014Father's Day brunch was nice. Went with my husband and two children, ages 2 and 6. Food was good.Special Features:
- EatdrinkbhappyDined on 6/14/2014Service was friendly and efficient. The food was very good. Just a bit loud. Will definitely go again during the weekSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scenic and always a WinnerDrRichDined on 6/12/2014Met here for lunch overlooking the Roslyn duck pond-always a winning view if you sit in the far rear of the restaurant. Simple and un-complicated food with excellent service. An enjoyable and pleasant experience.Special Features:
- HawkDined on 6/8/2014Ordered smoked salmon and dill cream cheese on baguette. Food arrived with tasteless salmon, lettuce and tasteless tomatoes, both dripping with oil and with no cream cheese. When I asked about the missing cream cheese the waitress replied" do you want cream cheese?" She brought back a small dish of emulsified cream cheese which had never been introduced to dill. My wife had a salad niscoise that was pedestrian. Citron specializes in tasteless. One star for nice view.Special Features:
- Disappointing!MandDVIPDined on 6/7/2014Had eaten there numerous times and food was always excellent with good, attentive service. This past Saturday night, however, the service was slow and the food was mediocre at best. I had the grilled tuna, which I've had before and loved, and this time it was tasteless. It came with couscous, which was ice cold - like straight out of the fridge - when I mentioned it to the waiter I was told it was supposed to be that way. The three others in our party were disappointed too. The service was slow, we had to request fresh pepper for our salads and food, and they forgot to bring us things we ordered. Overall a very disappointing experience - it is unlikely we will return.
- UnhappyDined on 6/1/2014Restaurant was slow with few tables, service was slow. Food was so so.Special Features:
- Dependable bistroseaclifflunaVIPDined on 5/31/2014Not very polished waitstaff; charming bistro with a very dependable menuSpecial Features:
- Good food, bad serviceopeltzVIPDined on 5/18/2014Came here last week and this week. Consistently bad service but good food. They were out of a lot of common brunch items because a truck didnt deliver them. The people behind up wound up leaving because they didnt have anything they wanted. My friend and I both had egg florentine and was good.Special Features:
- Bad service but good foodopeltzVIPDined on 5/11/2014My family came here on Mothers Day. Cute restaurant but shocked at how unorganized they were and level of service. Our waiter did not understand english therefore we had a difficult time ordering. Food took an extremely long time to come out but it was very good once it did. We also were charged for a bloody mary which was part of the brunch meal, not an addition. I guess I would go back, but not on a holiday as they clearly can't handle the rush. We also asked for tea 3 times, and finally my mother in law got it at the end of her meal, even thou she ordered it before we even ordered our meals!Special Features:
- Nice placeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/11/2014Bistro Citron was a very nice place, but I think the floor is slanted since our table was crooked. There was no wait for our reservation and we were seated right away. Service was good at first, but as they got busy, the less we saw our server. The brunch was okay, but would like to come back to try dinner too. Good experience and nice staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/11/2014Came here for Mother's Day brunch after having a great experience the first time. Maybe because it was a holiday weekend but the food was just fair and kitchen was slow...waited over an hour for brunch food! Netherless, I will give the restaurant another try, hoping the experience will be like the first.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.