Bistro Chat Noir
22 East 66th Street
New York, NY 10065Neighborhood:
Upper East Side
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
Bistro Chat Noir
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bistrochatnoir.com/
- Phone: (212) 794-2428
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday 11:30am-5:00 pm; Lunch: Monday - Saturday 11:30am-5:00 pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday 5:00pm-11:00pm Sunday Supper 5:00 pm- 10:30 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French American, French, Contemporary French
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Available for large group dining in the restaurant and private events.
- Private Party Facilities: Bistro Chat Noir hosts large group reservations as well as complete "buyouts" of our townhouse space. We can accommodate up to 75 guests for a seated dinner, rehearsal dinner and cocktail or birthday party. We have a full bar and wine list. Outside terrace seating is also available. Bistro Chat Noir is located in the heart of the elegant Upper East Side and is next to Central Park.
- Private Party Contact: SUZANNE LATAPIE 2127942428
- Entertainment: Fantastic venue for private parties. We can host 30-80 guests for a private restaurant event. In past guests have had fashion shows, DJ music, trunk shows, art galleries, fundraisers, rehearsal dinners, bar mitzvahs, birthday parties, weddings. Our in house party planner Hank has all the answers for you 2127942428
- Special Events: Wonderful venue for all the holidays...chic and fun. Major Halloween and New Years Eve Parties, limited seating book ahead!
- Cross Street: 5TH AND MADISON
- Public Transit: Madison Avenue/Fifth Avenue NYC buses N or R train stops at 60th street and Fifth Avenue 6 stops at 68th Street and Lexington 4, 5 stops at 59th Street and Lexington
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Safe, Free public parking daily after 7 pm in front of restaurant. Garages in the area.
A word from Bistro Chat Noir
Bistro Chat Noir, is located in the heart of New York City's fashionable upper east side, melds the classic with contemporary elements of French styling, all fit snuggly into a sleek and elegant townhouse setting. Approachable but first class in every respect, Bistro Chat Noir offers the finest ingredients in a glamorous indoor and outdoor setting, where all the patrons will mingle like good friends at a garden party.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Bistro Chat Noir - Best Restaurants in Upper East Side ›
Bistro Chat Noir reviews from OpenTable diners
92 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (68)romantic (30)great for lunch (29)fit for foodies (25)great for brunch (21)special occasion (20)great for outdoor dining (13)late-night find (10)good for groups (10)kid-friendly (6)hot spot (6)notable wine list (3)Show More
- Lovely neighborhood bistro!MJHGDined on 11/20/2014Delightful and accommodating staff and excellent service. Delicious food, with nice menu variety. One of our favorite spots!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a UES spot not to be missed!RutiVIPDined on 11/18/2014Suzanne is the wonderful owner who is at the restaurant regularly and greets her guests like family, GREAT service from Hassan, Andrea, and team as well as Julien behind the bar who makes a great martini. Wonderful menu and wine list that makes you feel like you are eating at a Michelin Star without the price. Lastly great special event place. My husband and I got married at BCN :) We're there 2 to 3 times a week. Hope you stop by and enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sophisticated menu, good service, tables close.havilmDined on 11/18/2014Chat Noir has excellent friendly service (our waiter was French) and great food. I had the lobster salad with mangos beautifully garnished and just the right size for lunch. The side tables for two are a bit close so could hear the intimate conversations of our neighbors but for a table of 4-5 in the center, it looked better. Not a place for young children but great for subtle people watching in the mirrors if one is into that. Location is uptown in a relatively quiet area away from the bustle of Hunter College and the avenues. I definitely recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Little Piece of Paris in NYCDbatesDined on 11/15/2014This delightful restaurant transported my husband and I back to Paris for an evening. We could not be happier with our choice to dine at Bistro Chat Noir during our recent visit to NYC. The atmosphere was quaint and well styled, the service was excellent and the food delicious. We started with the Pumpkin Tortellini, a perfect choice for this time of year. My husband enjoyed the Braised Beef Short Ribs with Jalapeno Mashed and I loved my choice of Artichoke Ravioli. Every future visit to NYC will include dining in this wonderful little French Bistro!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Black Cat is wonderful!DavidSellarDined on 11/14/2014Enjoyed a very nice meal at Bistro Chat Noir. The service was good, and provided by two of the handsomest waiters ever! Everyone was charming. My only complaint was the lighting (too dim) but that is a product of old age.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Neighborhood Standby.CorksniffferDined on 11/14/2014Like a neighborhood hang-out. On Fri / Sat nights can be a bit hectic and service a bit disjointed. But if you are not in a hurry the place is a great neighborhood eatery.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old-fashioned BistroLauraRVIPDined on 11/9/2014I'm not sure of its history, but this place feels as if it has been around forever, and that everyone there is a "regular." Which isn't a bad thing! The food isn't groundbreaking but it is solid bistro fare, nicely rich, warm, and inviting. (Forget cholesterol for one evening and enjoy the buttery fish selections, which come with a sublime potato cake.) This is comfort food, served in a comforting environment. It's perfect for after a day of tromping around the Met or Frick.Special Features:
- nycfoodieVIPDined on 11/6/2014We really enjoyed our dinner. The service was great and the ambiance was cozy. Excellent french onion soup. Solid wine list. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a wonderful place to eatNotableNewYorkerDined on 10/29/2014Great menu selections and service was fantastic. Food was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always wonderfulWinstonSalemBelleDined on 10/26/2014You must always order the cheese soufflé. Best I've ever had.Special Features:
- A Neighborhood StandardwellssbVIPDined on 10/19/2014Always reliable. Solid and dependable. The food is good, fairly priced and the menu varied without being over the top.
- Such Delicious foodyogagirl575Dined on 10/18/2014Bistro Chat Noir really bends over backwards to provide great service and welcome each guest. Not only that, the food is consistently delicious.Special Features:
- CechingupDined on 10/16/2014We all thought the food was good but certainly not exceptional.....the price far exceeded the value receivedSpecial Features:
- BistroattendeeVIPDined on 10/14/2014The Bistro Noir desperately needs sound buffers so that diners can hear each other and even him/herself. Otherwise it offers an enjoyable dining experience.
- NYC GEMDannVIPDined on 10/12/2014One of NYC finest. Classic and yet innovative menu. Great service and friendly stafff. A must on every visit to NYC.Special Features:
- Excellent Upper East Side BistroTigrevoyageurDined on 10/9/2014Love to dine here, healthy food, good food. Nice crowd of locals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Dining ExperienceBeadgirl14VIPDined on 10/1/2014Celebrated my birthday and this lovely gem on East 66th Street and thoroughly enjoyed our experience. The food was delicious, the service was very good and the ambiance very nice. Once full, the noise level in the room became quite loud, however, you could still talk and hear the other person speaking. Lovely spot in a charming town house. Would recommend it highly.Special Features:
- Nice venuePavementratDined on 9/21/2014Great spot for pre-Armory Show. I remembered it as a possibility from my days of working in that neighborhood. Friendly staff; good service; nice meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent small place on East SideFrancoisVIPDined on 9/20/2014Though it's on the East Side, you can get there from the theatre district quite easily, and it is less crowded than the West Side midtown places. Excellent food with attentive service; high quality French bistro cuisine. Despite a power failure in the kitchen, they overcame the problems quickly and made us quite satisfied,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!DavidgVIPDined on 9/18/2014This was our 2nd time at this little gem of a restaurant as we live in Baltimore and only visit New York City once in a while. The Atmosphere, service and expecially the food are always superb.Special Features:
- Local nuggetMichaelbDined on 9/13/2014We had dinner at Bistro Chat Noir on a Saturday evening. The place was full and vibrant. Attentive staff and good menu. Two parties in progress which added to the overall buzz. The food was very good. We missed out on the starters as we'd had an early evening drink elsewhere with too many nibbles! After cocktails - which were soso, we went straight to mains. Mahi mahi and salmon - delicious. All around a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A favorite neighborhood spotSusieVIPDined on 9/4/2014Bistro Chat Noir is always a favorite destination in our neighborhood with reliably delicious food, an attentive staff, and a cheerful environment mirroring its delightful owner, whose presence on the scene is a delight. The menu is full of variety and features dishes to please all tastes. It is always good to look around the pretty room and note the variety of ages, etc., all happy to be there.Special Features:
- Wine mark-up is astronomicalnicknameVIPDined on 8/15/2014Nice restaurant and food but if you plan to drink wine, plan to pay up- instead of the usual 3X wholesale their markup on wines is often twice that.
- Great dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/7/2014Our waiter was prompt and attentive. The manager was involved was also careful to make sure the diner's experience was good. Our food was excellent. I would recommend this place to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Must-You will not be disappointedFoodLoverDined on 8/7/2014There are times you try restaurants and it's hit or miss. You will always hit a home run with his gem, from food to ambience to service. Quaint. Not too large and not too small. Relaxing atmosphere. Not rushed whether you hang out in appetizer land (lobster mac n cheese ymmy!) or entree. Very personable. I love food and this is for food lovers for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always delish French brasserie!foodiefindsVIPDined on 8/3/2014Great choices for brunch and salads as well as egg dishes and apps...Comfortable, attentive staff, nice wine list hybthe glass...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special PlaceAbesbesrfoodDined on 7/30/2014A civilized place for lunch, just a short walk from the Frick Collection made for a perfect day. Tasty freshly prepared bistro food. Knowledgeable waiters. Quiet dining room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 615 reviews are from the Bistro Chat Noir reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/23/2014One of our favorite places and this week's visit was no exception. Prices getting up there a bit, but still in the good value zone. Food+service+ambience combo is reliable and terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentAlexKVIPDined on 7/22/2014This is a classic Upper East Side bistro with elegant service and great food. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Neighbor find!!YummyVIPDined on 7/16/2014I've been here many times and always love it! I would always recommend Bistro Chat Noir to anyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Wonderful BrunchFrancophileADDined on 7/13/2014From the minute we walked in I knew this place was a find! Great location, wonderful food, and staff that went above and beyond, but not in an overbearing way. The cheese souffle is a don't miss - Worth my hour train ride to NYC alone! The truffle fires were so delicious. They have a nice selection of wines by the glass. Friendly staff, some fun people watching, and a varied lunch menu make this a great place to dine. The manager Sean was terrific and really made my friend and I feel welcome. You will love Chat Noir!Special Features:
- Perfect Pre Theater DinnerMollyVIPDined on 6/20/2014Super delicious pre-theater dinner near the Armory. Their standard French bistro fare is full of delightful surprises. Everything was a little bit more tasty, a little bit more beautifully presented than most upper East side bistros. The crab salad appetizer was memorable and the fish grilled and served to perfection. We will be back often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If we had been able to order...MissClaireVIPDined on 6/18/2014Sadly, after a half hour with food menu, and 20 minutes with wine list, our waiter hadn't returned to take either order. We finally left and ended up at Le Charlot.. Too bad for Bistro Chat Noir. Their loss.Special Features:
- We enjoyed our dinner very much.MargaritaDined on 6/18/2014Good food and a very relaxed and warm atmosphere overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd visit-more will comeBack2NYCVIPDined on 6/15/2014Thoroughly enjoyable repas before a curtain at the Armory.Special Features:
- Real NYCOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/15/2014This is the real deal. A wonderful neighborhood spot with personal service and great food. Cool and sophisticated but not snooty. Very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chat NoirEricLizDined on 6/7/2014This is a charming little restaurant tucked away near central park. We ate outside on a beautiful day, and you are not bombarded by noise as is usually the case. The food was exceptional and the wait staff could not have been nicer. It is a little pearl worth experience!Special Features:
- Delicious!FromCTDined on 6/6/2014Lunch was so good I came back for dinner Sat. night. I will come back when I visit NY again.Special Features:
- Atmosphere nice, food not so muchFoodieVIPDined on 6/2/2014This is a very quaint, nice neighborhood bistro in the upper east side. Pleasant for a glass of wine in nice surroundings----- but the food was not good and service less than average. They brought the wrong soup for the first course for my wife, and it took at least 15 minutes to get the right soup served, while my plate was sitting. I had a flat steak and fries. Steak was very tough and not very tasty. I had two bites. The French fries were great. So overall, if you just want some nice neighborhood ambience, great place. However if you want to eat a meal, there are lots of better alternatives.Special Features:
- French stapleDinoutDined on 5/22/2014Chat Noir never seems to disappoint! Great location and plenty of space once inside. Noise level is not a problem, had a wonderful dinner with friends and never had a problem hearing. Older crowd but obviously they know an excellent find! Have the Creole chicken, all I can say is wow! Tartars are nice too. Then for dessert.....have the apple tartin. A wonderful French meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.