Bistro Chat Noir
22 East 66th Street
New York, NY 10065Neighborhood:
Upper East Side
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
Bistro Chat Noir
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bistrochatnoir.com/
- Phone: (212) 794-2428
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday 11:30am-5:00 pm; Lunch: Monday - Saturday 11:30am-5:00 pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday 5:00pm-11:00pm Sunday Supper 5:00 pm- 10:30 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French American, French, Contemporary French
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Available for large group dining in the restaurant and private events.
- Private Party Facilities: Bistro Chat Noir hosts large group reservations as well as complete "buyouts" of our townhouse space. We can accommodate up to 75 guests for a seated dinner, rehearsal dinner and cocktail or birthday party. We have a full bar and wine list. Outside terrace seating is also available. Bistro Chat Noir is located in the heart of the elegant Upper East Side and is next to Central Park.
- Private Party Contact: SUZANNE LATAPIE 2127942428
- Entertainment: Fantastic venue for private parties. We can host 30-80 guests for a private restaurant event. In past guests have had fashion shows, DJ music, trunk shows, art galleries, fundraisers, rehearsal dinners, bar mitzvahs, birthday parties, weddings. Our in house party planner Hank has all the answers for you 2127942428
- Special Events: Wonderful venue for all the holidays...chic and fun. Major Halloween and New Years Eve Parties, limited seating book ahead!
- Cross Street: 5TH AND MADISON
- Public Transit: Madison Avenue/Fifth Avenue NYC buses N or R train stops at 60th street and Fifth Avenue 6 stops at 68th Street and Lexington 4, 5 stops at 59th Street and Lexington
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Safe, Free public parking daily after 7 pm in front of restaurant. Garages in the area.
A word from Bistro Chat Noir
Bistro Chat Noir, is located in the heart of New York City's fashionable upper east side, melds the classic with contemporary elements of French styling, all fit snuggly into a sleek and elegant townhouse setting. Approachable but first class in every respect, Bistro Chat Noir offers the finest ingredients in a glamorous indoor and outdoor setting, where all the patrons will mingle like good friends at a garden party.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Bistro Chat Noir - Best Restaurants in Upper East Side ›
Bistro Chat Noir reviews from OpenTable diners
88 reviews since July 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (64)romantic (28)great for lunch (26)fit for foodies (21)special occasion (19)great for brunch (18)great for outdoor dining (12)late-night find (10)good for groups (10)kid-friendly (6)hot spot (6)notable wine list (3)Show More
- Wonderful First-Time ExperienceSoNewYorkDined on 12/10/2013This was our first time at Bistro Chat Noir. We were delighted with lunch at our table-for-two. The ambience was great, the food (hanger steaks) delicious, and the attention of the staff was exceptional. We will undoubtedly return during our next visit to New York.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- we love it!!! Every luncheonopenmindedDined on 12/6/2013we love it!!! Every luncheon we had there and there were quite a few was excellent. a bit noisy and wait staff needs a bit of help. will go back many times.Special Features:
- Don't bother making a reservationSam012VIPDined on 12/5/2013I've been here for dinner on-and-off since they first opened. It used to be a quaint and quiet neighborhood joint. But it's become very popular. Quite packed for dinner. The food is good- has been consistent over the years. My main peeve with this restaurant is that they do not honor their reservation policy. This Summer I waited 35 minutes beyond my reservation time for our table. Thinking this was a one-time fluke I went again this week. Again, we were told 15 minute wait and after 15 minutes were told another 20 minutes. Sorry- not acceptable. Luckily we had an abnormally warm night and we reluctantly sat outside. So don't bother making a reservation here. I certainly won't be doing so again.Special Features:
- a gem of a bistroevavitaVIPDined on 12/3/2013had a wonderful dinner with friends - it's a bit loud but no one seems to mind. Food is great - delicious salmon, wonderful brussels sprouts and chocolate mousse to die for. Owner Suzanne Latapie is the consummate hostess making everyone feel special and welcome. Staff are efficient and pleasant but not in your face. Great place for dinner with friends, supper with a girlfriend or a group night out. There was a man dining alone near us with a book and the staff seemed to take good care of him - nice to be able to do that in a place like this. Just great. Lovely paintings on the walls and nice plants etc.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very nice French restaurantMaggieNYCDined on 11/28/2013I really like this restaurant. One of my favorites. Cost is reasonable considering the quality of the food and service. Excellent food. A little disappointed that filet mignon was not on the prix fixe menu after being told on the phone that it would be. Nevertheless, the lamb shank was absolutely delicious. Dessert was a little disappointing, hence 4 stars instead of 5. Service here is always very good, but doesn't quite rate 5 stars, but close. If I could give 4 and a half, I would, in all categories. Overall, a very pleasant dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loads of charmBeachplum811VIPDined on 11/22/2013This is a classic French bistro. The room itself is very charming. However, I think the food is good but not great. There are better places to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit of Paris in New YorkOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/20/2013Charmed by the entrance, charmed by the inside ambience, excellent service, great food, excellent wine. Even the rest rooms were amusing!Special Features:
- The Cat is BetterDoubleFFDined on 11/15/2013While the cat has been a local favorite the steady menu and wine list can be problematic. We were therefore very pleasantly surprised and pleased by a refreshed menu Keep up the good work and we look forward to an early returnSpecial Features:
- Excellent food and service.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/15/2013Excellent food and service. Nice french bistro feel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- neighborhood jointAbcdDined on 11/15/2013This is a neighborhood jam. We were seated right away and service was good. I think the only draw back is that even thought its located in a prime neighborhood I think brunch for 2 at $110 is quite high.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local GemCMackNYDined on 11/14/2013Great food, fun clientele, front of house lovely, wait staff so so. Maybe need to hire a few more waiters, long wait between everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfectionJaneVIPDined on 11/14/2013Not only perfect for "ladies who lunch" but much much more. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Reliable and friendlyGailyVIPDined on 11/13/2013Good basic and reliable food, extremely friendly reception and service. One wants to go back often. It is truly a neighborhood gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A neighborhood gemKLoveVIPDined on 11/11/2013What a treat to eat delicious French food in a dining room presided over by Suzanne Latapie. The beet salad is not to be missed and the cheese soufflé was perfectly turned out. If you are from out of town, definitely stop in here - you will feel like a local!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodUwsrevsDined on 11/7/2013A warm, friendly restaurant. Food is very good. A pleasure to dine here.Special Features:
- Quintessential Upper East Side!nancizimVIPDined on 10/31/2013Great convenient spot for lunch if you are looking for overpriced food that tastes good and is served in portions so that you can maintain your size 2!
- Don't pass this place by.Morriscounty81Dined on 10/26/2013Great place. Fantastic food, service, wine, and easy on the wallet. Try the Shortribs, best in the City. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Classic Frenchy bistro, withfoodluverVIPDined on 10/19/2013Classic Frenchy bistro, with an updated feel to it. Short ribs were terrific, and the sides are very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not my first time.BoomBoomK9Dined on 10/18/2013I always gravitate to Bistro Chat Noir because of the warm environment and the good food. Anyone I take there likes it. I love it. The menu is diverse, the service is great and it is perfect for conversing and catching up with friends. The martini's with the blue cheese stuffed olives are a big hit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, great foodCgoetzDined on 10/17/2013Great service, great food and nothing is ever a problem. Love this place. Lots of fun, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The overall experience isRickDined on 10/15/2013The overall experience is great. Its not a place to say - unbelievable but you will leave saying it was everything expected. Food, service, atmosphere and attitude were a perfect package. Can see why they are always full and open for so long. Will be back many more times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is reasonably pricedEpicurusDined on 10/13/2013Food is reasonably priced and good. Drinks are pricey. Don't come here for intimate private conversations, Tables are very close together. EpicurusSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Big DisappointmentFirstClassVIPDined on 10/12/2013We were hoping this would be a great find of a restaurant; it was not. The food was in no way special and close to bland. My son had salmon and it was simple salmon sitting on lentils no sauce no spices. My daughter had risotto and the rice was hard, not the creamy risotto she expected. The onion soup and Mac and cheese were fine but not really special. Also for the quality it was expensive. All I can say is we will not be back
- really? not againHungryCoupleDined on 10/9/2013On Upper East Side? Seriously? Waited forever for food, get the wrong meal.....waiter even give us attitude. Veru laud, you cant even speak. Blond lady (owner or hostess) just annoying, fake smile... Not a professional management
- Great neighborhood restaurantSoizeDined on 10/2/2013Good food , and service , reasonably priced. Been there a few times, never disappointingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodPapapatVIPDined on 9/21/2013This is our 4th or 5th time here and it never disappoints. We were joined by friends who had never been and they are now hooked. A slight glitch. My wife and one of our companions both ordered the same salad and I ordered a chicken dish. They brought out two chicken dishes and one salad. They brought out the missing salad when the rest of us were halfway through our entrees. As no one was starving it was an inconvenience not a disaster. The complimentarty dessert was a good touch to make amends. We will return and bring new friends for them to enjoy a lovely dinner in a lovely atmosphere.Special Features:
- Gem of a restaurant. A happy place.1hungrytigerDined on 9/16/2013Nice lunch menu with many choices reasonably priced. Wines by the glass a little on the high side but you get a good amount in the glass. Good service. Will return. Great place for both business lunches and ladies luncheons.Special Features:
- Bistro Chat NoirWJC722VIPDined on 9/11/2013I and a friend had a great dinner at Bistro Chat Noir but I did think it was somewhat overpriced for the starters and the wine. I think the location has to do with the pricing. $14.00 minimum for a glass of too high, there should have been other lower priced options. We both ordered the Branzino which is a favorite of mine and it was very nicely prepared and delicious. The food was terrific, no complaints at all...just felt I could have gone elsewhere for great food for 20% less mainly because of the wine and starter prices.Special Features:
- Always LOVE this restaurant!dfcoVIPDined on 9/1/2013A favorite in a city of great restaurants. ALWAYS good and always a good time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My daughter and I went forOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/27/2013My daughter and I went for lunch. Food was vey good and the service very attentive. Swapped out the regular fries for the truffle fries which was worth the extra money. Expensive lunch but worth it. The owner, Suzanne, came over and introduced herself which was very nice. Later asked us if we recognized that Jon Hamm was at the next table!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cozy but classyOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/24/2013We adore this cozy bistro and dine here every time we are in NYC. We are never disappointed!Special Features:
- eat where the locals eatfoodisgoodloverDined on 8/14/2013excellent food, service and ambience. loved the location in a quiet neighborhood. felt like you were out of the hustle and bustle that manhattan is.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Bistro!Karmen170Dined on 8/12/2013I chose Bistro Chat Noir based on the Open Table description and I am so happy that I did! I had a lovely dinner with a friend whom I had not seen in years. I called to request a change in our reservation and they were able to accommodate us! The ambience is just lovely. We were tempted to dine al fresco because it was so beautiful, bit we chose to dine inside which was just as posh. The service was superb and the food was delicious! I will recommend Bistro Chat Noir to friends and family. A lovely experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely, charming restaurantYolyOVIPDined on 8/10/2013Lovely, charming restaurant with impeccable service and food that has been perfect every time we've gone. A favorite of ours.Special Features:
- A Charming,New Go-To Place on UESOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/2/2013My husband and I dined here after an afternoon at the Metropolitan Museum of Art-- and we are so glad we did! A lovely walk down 5th Avenue, this cozy, charming bistro has fabulous food. My husband and I both loved our choices for dinner and appetizers (heirloom tomato salad, quinoa salad, seafood)---- everything was wonderfully prepared and presented. We ordered 2 desserts (both chocolate!) and loved them both. The chocolate souffle could have fed a dozen people but it was so good, we kept it to ourselves! The owner came by and was very solicitous, wanting to be sure we were happy ---- we had a lovely evening and will return here many times I am sure. If you are in the area --- or not---- do not miss this little gem.Special Features:
- My favorite NYC bistro!MirandaDined on 7/17/2013I love everything about Bistro Chat Noir: service; food; ambience and ease in making reservations! It's my favorite place to go in every season!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charming!NyVisitorVIPDined on 7/11/2013I picked Bistro CN over more pricey UES restaurants for a French dining experience, and was not disappointed. The staff was gracious and attentive, very professional, and the food was perfectly prepared. The Ravioli Rayon, with escargot, was my favorite: tasty and well seasoned without being too garlicky. The ambiance was lovely; banquette tables aren't packed tightly together so there was room between us and other diners. I would go back and recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upper East Side ClassicBagelsDined on 6/27/2013I look forward to returning to Bistro Chat Noir to order the cheese souffle! My tuna tartar was as fresh as could be and my friend's seared salmon on a bed of lentils looked perfect. The gazpacho was refreshing - and fresh! Bistro Chat Noir is reliable and the service impeccable. I LOVE this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- East Side CasualOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/5/2013Casual on the East Side is anything but...the patrons are well dressed and stylish. And, Chat Noir accommodates with an attractive dining room, great service and excellent food. Overall, Chat Noir is a great experience and a lot of fun...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Is this a bistro??KellyDined on 5/25/2013Chat Noir is an accommodating, pleasant, neighborhood hang out serving passable fare to an uncritical clientele. But it is time for some truth in labeling. Bistros don't serve tuna burgers or mac and cheese BLT's to name only two examples from this haphazard menu. The branzino in combination with braised fennel didn't quite make since the fennel was tough and had been braised too long. On the other hand, my companion's "Cat Burger" was "delicious."Special Features: