Bistro Chat Noir
22 East 66th Street
New York, NY 10065Neighborhood:
Upper East Side
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
Bistro Chat Noir
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bistrochatnoir.com/
- Phone: 2127942428
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday 11:30am-5:00 pm; Lunch: Monday - Saturday 11:30am-5:00 pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday 5:00pm-11:00pm Sunday Supper 5:00 pm- 10:30 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French American, French, Contemporary French
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Available for large group dining in the restaurant and private events.
- Private Party Facilities: Bistro Chat Noir hosts large group reservations as well as complete "buyouts" of our townhouse space. We can accommodate up to 75 guests for a seated dinner, rehearsal dinner and cocktail or birthday party. We have a full bar and wine list. Outside terrace seating is also available. Bistro Chat Noir is located in the heart of the elegant Upper East Side and is next to Central Park.
- Private Party Contact: SUZANNE LATAPIE 2127942428
- Entertainment: Fantastic venue for private parties. We can host 30-80 guests for a private restaurant event. In past guests have had fashion shows, DJ music, trunk shows, art galleries, fundraisers, rehearsal dinners, bar mitzvahs, birthday parties, weddings. Our in house party planner Hank has all the answers for you 2127942428
- Special Events: Wonderful venue for all the holidays...chic and fun. Major Halloween and New Years Eve Parties, limited seating book ahead!
- Cross Street: 5TH AND MADISON
- Public Transit: Madison Avenue/Fifth Avenue NYC buses N or R train stops at 60th street and Fifth Avenue 6 stops at 68th Street and Lexington 4, 5 stops at 59th Street and Lexington
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Safe, Free public parking daily after 7 pm in front of restaurant. Garages in the area.
A word from Bistro Chat Noir
Bistro Chat Noir, is located in the heart of New York City's fashionable upper east side, melds the classic with contemporary elements of French styling, all fit snuggly into a sleek and elegant townhouse setting. Approachable but first class in every respect, Bistro Chat Noir offers the finest ingredients in a glamorous indoor and outdoor setting, where all the patrons will mingle like good friends at a garden party.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bistro Chat Noir reviews from OpenTable diners
76 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (52)romantic (25)great for lunch (25)great for brunch (24)fit for foodies (23)special occasion (16)great for outdoor dining (10)notable wine list (6)late-night find (6)good for groups (2)hot spot (2)Show More
- Wine mark-up is astronomicalnicknameVIPDined on 8/15/2014Nice restaurant and food but if you plan to drink wine, plan to pay up- instead of the usual 3X wholesale their markup on wines is often twice that.
- Great dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/7/2014Our waiter was prompt and attentive. The manager was involved was also careful to make sure the diner's experience was good. Our food was excellent. I would recommend this place to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Must-You will not be disappointedFoodLoverDined on 8/7/2014There are times you try restaurants and it's hit or miss. You will always hit a home run with his gem, from food to ambience to service. Quaint. Not too large and not too small. Relaxing atmosphere. Not rushed whether you hang out in appetizer land (lobster mac n cheese ymmy!) or entree. Very personable. I love food and this is for food lovers for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always delish French brasserie!foodiefindsDined on 8/3/2014Great choices for brunch and salads as well as egg dishes and apps...Comfortable, attentive staff, nice wine list hybthe glass...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special PlaceAbesbesrfoodDined on 7/30/2014A civilized place for lunch, just a short walk from the Frick Collection made for a perfect day. Tasty freshly prepared bistro food. Knowledgeable waiters. Quiet dining room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/23/2014One of our favorite places and this week's visit was no exception. Prices getting up there a bit, but still in the good value zone. Food+service+ambience combo is reliable and terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentAlexKVIPDined on 7/22/2014This is a classic Upper East Side bistro with elegant service and great food. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Neighbor find!!YummyVIPDined on 7/16/2014I've been here many times and always love it! I would always recommend Bistro Chat Noir to anyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Wonderful BrunchFrancophileADDined on 7/13/2014From the minute we walked in I knew this place was a find! Great location, wonderful food, and staff that went above and beyond, but not in an overbearing way. The cheese souffle is a don't miss - Worth my hour train ride to NYC alone! The truffle fires were so delicious. They have a nice selection of wines by the glass. Friendly staff, some fun people watching, and a varied lunch menu make this a great place to dine. The manager Sean was terrific and really made my friend and I feel welcome. You will love Chat Noir!Special Features:
- Perfect Pre Theater DinnerMollyDined on 6/20/2014Super delicious pre-theater dinner near the Armory. Their standard French bistro fare is full of delightful surprises. Everything was a little bit more tasty, a little bit more beautifully presented than most upper East side bistros. The crab salad appetizer was memorable and the fish grilled and served to perfection. We will be back often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If we had been able to order...MissClaireVIPDined on 6/18/2014Sadly, after a half hour with food menu, and 20 minutes with wine list, our waiter hadn't returned to take either order. We finally left and ended up at Le Charlot.. Too bad for Bistro Chat Noir. Their loss.Special Features:
- We enjoyed our dinner very much.MargaritaDined on 6/18/2014Good food and a very relaxed and warm atmosphere overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd visit-more will comeBack2NYCVIPDined on 6/15/2014Thoroughly enjoyable repas before a curtain at the Armory.Special Features:
- Real NYCOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/15/2014This is the real deal. A wonderful neighborhood spot with personal service and great food. Cool and sophisticated but not snooty. Very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chat NoirEricLizDined on 6/7/2014This is a charming little restaurant tucked away near central park. We ate outside on a beautiful day, and you are not bombarded by noise as is usually the case. The food was exceptional and the wait staff could not have been nicer. It is a little pearl worth experience!Special Features:
- Delicious!FromCTDined on 6/6/2014Lunch was so good I came back for dinner Sat. night. I will come back when I visit NY again.Special Features:
- Atmosphere nice, food not so muchFoodieVIPDined on 6/2/2014This is a very quaint, nice neighborhood bistro in the upper east side. Pleasant for a glass of wine in nice surroundings----- but the food was not good and service less than average. They brought the wrong soup for the first course for my wife, and it took at least 15 minutes to get the right soup served, while my plate was sitting. I had a flat steak and fries. Steak was very tough and not very tasty. I had two bites. The French fries were great. So overall, if you just want some nice neighborhood ambience, great place. However if you want to eat a meal, there are lots of better alternatives.Special Features:
- French stapleDinoutDined on 5/22/2014Chat Noir never seems to disappoint! Great location and plenty of space once inside. Noise level is not a problem, had a wonderful dinner with friends and never had a problem hearing. Older crowd but obviously they know an excellent find! Have the Creole chicken, all I can say is wow! Tartars are nice too. Then for dessert.....have the apple tartin. A wonderful French meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EBCJLHDined on 5/21/2014Bistro Cat Noir is a fabulous neighborhood spot for a lunch or dinner get-together or meeting. Food is very good, wine the same and service friendly and attentiveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a sour eveningPatienceDined on 5/19/2014Service was absent. Believe they were very short of servers. Very loud. Could barely hear each other -- a group of 4. Have been to this restaurant before and the experience was better.
- Fantastic Find!SueZDined on 5/10/2014Recently had lunch here after having discovered this restaurant gem over the New Year's holidays. Having had a delicious brunch then, I decided to treat my Mom to lunch for her birthday and Mother's Day. Once again, the food was delicious, the atmosphere quiet and welcoming, and the service exceptional. Everyone here is super friendly - from the host who seated us to each member of the wait staff. Being from the Philadelphia area, this is my go-to NYC dining spot - away from the chains and mass of tourists in Times Square. This is definitely a New York restaurant gem!!Special Features:
- Great brunchKrisDined on 5/10/2014We really enjoyed our Mother's Day brunch/lunch at this restaurant. The service was excellent. The food was delicious, and healthy. I ordered the lobster salad and appreciated the fact that the lobster was lightly seasoned and that there was a healthy bed of quinoa and other vegetables with the dish. It is a very classy, comfortable, and homey enviroment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 597 reviews are from the Bistro Chat Noir reviews archive.
- Bistro Chat NoirLesRoxDined on 4/30/2014Wine list (by the glass) and drinks were a bit expensiveSpecial Features:
- NYC lunchDCfoodieDined on 4/26/2014Great restaurant for a family reunion! Superb food and service !Special Features:
- Great food!Reviewer1Dined on 4/6/2014Food was really good, we went for brunch. I had lobster BLT scramble. We started with bufala mozzarella bites, which were delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday Brunch with FriendsSweethatttrick418VIPDined on 4/6/2014Our first time to this neighborhood spot with friends from, CA. The ambience & room is warm & lovely. Sunday brunch menu had many excellent selections. Great wine & drink list too. My only but biggest problem was with the waitstaff and their constant, direct interruption of our conversation. Of course I know their mandate is to move things along with order taking. Our waitstaff did not know the polite way to interrupt our exuberant conversation of four reunited friends. Just plain rude cutting into our discussions. So for that, I'd be hesitant to return or recommend if the occasion called for good conversation with a meal. Our orders included; chicken salad, which was excellent and omelettes which were reported as tasteless.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a winnerWishfulthinkingVIPDined on 4/4/2014Bistro Chat Noir never disappoints. Had a particularly great experience for lunch last week. Cajun chicken entree was delicious as is the cheese soufflé, lobster salad and burger. The bonus was our tall, handsome, friendly server!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice surpriseJakeDined on 4/3/2014Needed a restaurant in this area and just picked this out of a book. It all worked. Will go backI would recommend this to a friend.
- Very pleasant atmophere + Good foodRachimemDined on 3/26/2014Had a very pleasant dinner. Good food. Suits couples or small group of friends. $50 per person. Recommended.Special Features:
- DelightfulOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 3/22/2014A late lunch on Saturday brought us to Le Chat Noir and it was wonderful in every way. From the charming and truly welcoming host to the beautiful room, the kind and prompt service and the outstanding food, it was a like being in a true French restaurant where professionalism is the mark of genuine hospitality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliably GoodGeoffreyVIPDined on 3/22/2014Good weekend brunch with excellent food and good, well trained serviceSpecial Features:
- Food was excellent. Beef ribsStanduzyDined on 3/13/2014Food was excellent. Beef ribs over mashed potatoes and Brussels sprout leaves with a wonderful gravy. Hmmmm. Service was very good. Waiter helpful with entire recommendations.Special Features:
- A gemNYfoodieDined on 3/12/2014We are frequent visitors to this section of Manhattan and are delighted to discover this genuine bistro. It was perfect for a delicious evening - a neighborhood gem - and the food and ownership were very welcoming on a cold night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- charming spotFLKS444Dined on 3/8/2014My husband and I love french food and have been crawling the city in search of gallic goodness. This is a charming, low key spot that fit the bill nicely. Speaking of bills though...wish the wine list had a few selections tailored toward the new economy. But it's the UES and i'm sure few other patrons take notice of this. That said, we had a great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful neighborhood restaurantMimiDined on 2/28/2014A wonderful neighborhood restaurant, full of charm & with delightful food. Small enough to be intimate, with a good menu & accommodating staff. A 'find' especially if you prefer a quieter ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bistro Chat Noir worth a tryFirstTimerDined on 2/26/2014Our first time here, but we will return. The food and service were excellent, if not truly exceptional, and the staff were polite, responsive and engaging (great bartender - kept us entertained during the short wait for our table). Our only real criticism was the noise level (hard to have a conversation without leaning into your group and speaking louder than one would like but we found necessary). Some of this is due to the tables being too close together which I can understand from a financial perspective, especially in that area. However, if they could eliminate one table from each of the three long aisles, it would probably help the sound level and also make the space easier to navigate - both for customers and staffSpecial Features:
- Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/17/2014Always a winner! Best Braised short ribs and finest burger in the universe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A special place!!YummyVIPDined on 2/16/2014A very relaxed place, always enjoy coming here. Very close to my apartment, so its nice to walk always. The food is always good and the service great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is delicious and wellOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/15/2014Food is delicious and well priced. The service was warm with perfect timing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charming place, wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/15/2014Charming place, wonderful food - perfect place to meet the son's new girlfriend. There were five of us, we were not rushed and could hear each other easily! Great location also!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.