Bistro By The Tracks
215 Brookview Centre Way, Suite 109
Knoxville, TN 37919Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Bistro By The Tracks
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bistrobythetracks.com/
- Phone: 865-558-9500
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Nightly: 5:00pm - Close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Chester Miller
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Bistro By The Tracks
At Bistro by the Tracks Executive Chef Chester Miller masterfully blends culinary traditions from across the globe with the familiar tastes of East Tennessee. Reviewers say “consistently spectacular” with friendly “non-stuffy” service. Bistro by the Tracks simply is Knoxville’s answer to great metropolitan dining.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Bistro By The Tracks - Best Restaurants in Knoxville ›
Bistro By The Tracks reviews from OpenTable diners
59 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (43)fit for foodies (38)notable wine list (34)romantic (29)good for groups (16)neighborhood gem (15)hot spot (11)great for outdoor dining (9)vibrant bar scene (4)great for lunch (3)great for brunch (2)late-night find (2)Show More
- Bistro continues ot shinejmeadows11Dined on 10/18/2014Fantastic meal once again at BBT. Fall menu this year is excellent. Old classics with a few new items. Service was impeccable tonight.Special Features:
- Price not worth it!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014The ambiance and service were terrific, you would think the food would match. $150.00 for both of us, and we were dissatisfied with our food. I got the seared scallops, my husband got a rib eye. Both were created for their fall menu containing pumpkin puree. The rib eye was fatty even though the waiter described it as being a succulent cut of beef similar to a filet. The scallops lacked flavor and were just OK. We took half of our food home and I tried to eat it for lunch the next day. It was a little better (I don't know why). The wine was delicious!Special Features:
- grrrDined on 10/11/2014a relaxed, upscale restaurant. small and pleasantly quiet on a late saturday evening. the salads were wonderful: the beet with arugula, goat cheese, and pine nuts; and the poached pear with blue cheese, oak leaf, pistachios and cranberries. the fish was slightly disappointing. my wife had the trout, and felt the seasoning, a pecan farro, was a bit overpowering for such a mild fish. i had the grouper. apparently the last one, and while the seasoning was tasty, the fish was a slightly overcooked and on the dry side. the garnishes, however, of island red peas and ham hock sauce were very enjoyable.Special Features:
- food seasoned and cooked perfectly!kingbbqDined on 10/9/2014I brought a group of 11 for dinner and to a person every dish was wonderful! Tasty wines, great service and fabulous food! Our dinner went beyond good and became an experience... Well done!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, good atmosphereMattDined on 10/3/2014This was our Third visit and they'll be plenty more. Easy to get to !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect date nightginnigurlVIPDined on 9/28/2014We had the most enjoyable dinner there on Sunday evening. Would highly recommend!Special Features:
- Excellent foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Three of us code the fillet of beef it was cooked just as we ordered. We all agreed best piece of beef we had ever had it was so tender . It is the perfect place for a special occasion . Thanks !! Hope to be back soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find in a hard-to-find place.tonysDined on 9/25/2014It's not easy to find this restaurant. The address wasn't on our car's navigation system, and it wasn't available on our iPhone's GPS. But once we found it, it was well worth the hassle. The best thing about the menu was the amount of locally sourced food. Local NC mountain trout, Anson Mills corn meal, etc. They also serve excellent duck from Hudson Valley in New York State. I understand the chef came from Blackberry Farm outside Chattanooga. You couldn't ask for a better resume. The manager, John, is a gracious and very knowledgeable host. I heartily recommend this restaurant if you find yourself in the Knoxville Area.Special Features:
- Outstanding as always.McMinnVolManiacDined on 9/22/2014Dined there for my anniversary as this is one of our favorite places. As always, the food was excellent, the ambience inviting and the service attentive without being overbearing.Special Features:
- 1st visit to new locationblondijDined on 9/16/2014We took a business client here for dinner and weave the new location. It was a Tuesday night and they were very busy. Waiter could have been much more attentive as we were asking for water and ntly. Food was great. Heirloom tomato app was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday at the BistroRP912Dined on 9/12/2014Excellent food from the appetizer to the dessert. You are never disappointed when you hit the Bistro by the Tracks.Special Features:
- Nice dining environmentNan44Dined on 9/7/2014Bistro by the Tracks has tasteful decor, incredible wine selection, nice menu to please all tastes and great service! Best lettuce wedge in town!Special Features:
- Fantastic Service and FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/30/2014When we arrived we were seated in a great booth on the back wall. The restaurant was pretty full for a Saturday night. Our server was amazing. He was prompt with service. We never had an empty glass. Made some good suggestions and recommendations on food. Each course was excellent and brought out without significant gaps or in a rushed manner. Overall it was a great experience.Special Features:
- A must trygingersnap1549Dined on 8/15/2014Can't say enough about this place. Wonderful menu that did not disappoint from presentation to taste! Our server was knowledgeable but did not rush us and we felt well taken care of. Wine list extensive as well as designer drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All around goodidratherbecyclinDined on 8/13/2014We were celebrating being best friends after 41 short years. I had thought of going out of town, but schedules were not allowing that. So, I chose the Bistro. Turned out to be a great choice. Food and service were great.Special Features:
- luvgoodfoodDined on 8/11/2014We had an excellent meal at the Bistro by the Tracks and we had excellent service. I would definitely recommend this restaurant. We go there even though it is rather loud at times and we would prefer a little quieter setting. The food is good enough to get us in there in spite of the noise.Special Features:
- Fantastic spotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/4/2014Hosted a small business dinner here in the back room. Great atmosphere in the wine room. Our waiter was fantastic. His recommendations were spot on. My only wish was they had scallops. They ran out earlier. It happens. I will bring customers here again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- allanw485Dined on 7/19/2014Our server was great - professional, personable and attentive without being invasive. He made our visit better. The food was awesome, the server went out of his way to advise ands provided additional help in our choices. We will be visiting The Bistro again. Great experience.Special Features:
- Great girls night outAlexDined on 7/18/2014We came for a dinner out while my daughter was in town and couldn't have had a better experience. We enjoy doing several small plates and trying several things. Everything was excellent. Our waiter was very knowledgeable and had great recommendations for what to pair together as well as the timing of our meal. Loved the scallops. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Jen's BirthdayStevieB52Dined on 7/14/2014What fantastic and pleasant surprise.! The property had a clean, neat urban look to it. We were greeted warmly at the door and promptly seated. Our server, TJ, was very personable and knowledgeable. She was very efficient with our orders. Her suggestions were spot on. The wedge salad and the scallop appetizer were wonderful. We had four different fish entrees(salmon, halibut, tuna and catfish). All four dishes were absolutely delicious and perfectly prepared and presented. They had a private dining room in their wine area, and the bar area looked like a pleasant place to meet friends. Dessert was an ice cream dish that was beautiful and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Birthday Dinner CelebrationbirthdaydivaDined on 7/8/2014A dear friend asked that our little celebration group try Bistro By the Tracks for her birthday celebration. She certainly had a good idea. We agreed afterwards that we can't go there regularly because you do pay for quality; but we had a superlative time there for our dinner. The wine was delightful; the food was delicious and presented exquisitely; our server was superb. We can't wait until someone else has an occasion worth celebrating. Bistro By the Tracks is the best choice we could have made!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious dinnersjonesDined on 7/6/2014Great place for couples looking for an excellent dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bistrofansfrommemphisDined on 7/6/2014A very nice experience. The size of the restaurant is appealing-not too large. An urbane feel. A good wine selection-we shared a bottle of Bella Glos. A good choice of food. I had the wedge salad and tenderloin. We shared a dessert. Dan did a great job waiting our table. He gave us time to enjoy our visit. We live in Memphis and will be back when we are in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/27/2014Best dining experience in a very long time. The drinks at the bar before dinner were stellar. The service was amazing and the food was exceptional. Can't recommend this place enough!Special Features:
- The following 410 reviews are from the Bistro By The Tracks reviews archive.
- Wonderful...as alwaysAnneDined on 6/20/2014Fantastic service and food! The halibut was a wonderful entree. We also enjoyed the scallops and shrimp small plates to start. Their wedge salad is always delicious. We shared two desserts (the soft chocolate and the caramel corn)...both were great! Also, they have the best burger in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Graduation DinnerTNTCVIPDined on 6/20/2014On a special niight of just spending time and talking about memories, we had a great meal. The food and wine were exceptional but we have come to expect that. We were not rushed or hurried; we were able to enjoy our evening at our own pace even though the Bistro was busy. Our waitstaff seemed to time their service and were never intrusive. Bistro has become our go to for special occasions.Special Features:
- Spectacular foodTasterDined on 6/19/2014Food was spectacular and presented like a painting. The service was disappointing. The place was hopping and there were not enough servers.Special Features:
- Great Service, but Average FoodBirthdayDiningDined on 6/9/2014The server and host were wonderful. The food was good, but the average taste for the price.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/29/2014Superb service and outstanding food and wine list Nice atmosphere Quiet neighborhood Charming tables and warm looking bar Friendly staff Very clean restrooms Every detail attended to Cue rated my husbands Birthday and the had a candle in our excellent desert and even brew wad fresh pot of decaf We had reservations and were seated immediatelySpecial Features:
- Best Restaurant in KnoxvilleFunfoodie7VIPDined on 5/24/2014We celebrated our anniversary and had a wonderful time, from the moment we arrived until we left. Thank you for helping make this time with family so special!
- me and my gal had a great nightmyersfansDined on 5/23/2014We both thought it looked beautiful. The staff was wonderful and the food was outstanding. Should gave 5 stars all around but I doubt I will do that for any place of business.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb Wine and Great FoodTNTCVIPDined on 5/17/2014As local diners, we save Bistro by the Tracks for the special events because of the broad list of wines and the perfectly portioned plates. The food is seasonal, regional and well executed - on our most recent trip the catfish was outstanding. Service is always strong and the waitstaff very familiar with the food and drink to explain the menu and wines.Special Features:
- Delightful dinner findJaneGDined on 5/11/2014We dined here on Mother's Day while travelling through Tennessee. What a wonderful experience. Fabulous service and wine. Menu was relatively limited but there was an excellent variety of choices. My husband had swordfish and I had duck. Salads were delicious, although the Caesar salad could have been more generous. We noted that there were two sizable groups celebrating college graduation and one large group doing a wine-tasting dinner, which was held in a separate wine cellar room. Wait service was still excellent throughout the restaurant. And the noise level was still modest.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceXcal1887Dined on 5/9/2014We were a little late arriving for what was already a late reservation. The Maitre'D was very personable and accommodating. Excellent wine list and very nice upscale atmosphere. A little far away from our downtown hotel, but the food was very good - elegant and very well prepared and presented. I am very fussy about two things - Manhattan's and the way my steak is prepared; it must be slightly charred outside and medium rare in the middle -not Pittsburgh which is often cool in the center. Both the drink and the steak were perfect. We were the last one's to leave, but the wait staff were very friendly and never made us feel like they were ready for us to leave. Excellent and highly recommendedSpecial Features:
- AmazingLindyhoplawyerDined on 5/7/2014I had heard of BBT as a "fancy" restaurant in town, but that doesn't do it justice. The food was exquisite- best I've had in Knoxville, and it could stand up to some Asheville places as well. There was nothing I would have changed about my meal, which is a rare thing. My friend and I split the shrimp bisque, the chilled asparagus, the charcuterie plate, and the beet salad. Even with no main course, we were full and content. Our server was incredibly nice and didn't bat an eyelash at the fact that we probably weren't spending as much as other tables (refreshing for an upscale place, in my experience). He even split our soup into two bowls without us having to ask. I wish my budget were bigger so I could eat here often!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Engagement dinner FlawlessRainshowDined on 4/27/2014I chose Bistro by the Tracks to pop the question to my now fiance' as it was the site of our first date one year previous on the exact date. I had brought flowers that i wanted placed on the table and pre-seleted a bottle of champagne to be on ice when we arrived. The table was perfect, the host cordial and accommodating, the server we exceptional. I had the Red fish and my soon to be wife had the salmon. both were prepared to perfection as we cleaned our plates. I could not have asked for a more perfect evening helped by the flawless service and food prepared by a masterful staff in the kitchen. Kudos to everyone!! PS: I had the "Caramel Corn Dessert" IT WAS RIDICULOUS!!!!!! great textures and flavors!!Special Features:
- Another great mealOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/24/2014Staff is always very friendly and the manager is very attentive and friendly as well. Food is outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great dining experience!plasmatiniDined on 4/20/2014We found Bistro by the Tracks passing through on our way back to NYC from New Orleans, and we found it outstanding. The place is beautiful inside, understated, and modern, but classy. At first we thought it looked closed, and the Marriott Courtyard told us that it was closed, but we checked OpenTable and made reservations, so it had to be open. It only looked empty because the shades were drawn to shade out the bright evening sun. The best part was that we literally walked to dinner in less than five minutes. The food overall was excellent. We had the duck and maui-mahi, both very good, and the wines by the glass on offer were great. The popcorn parfait desert might be one of the best deserts I've ever eaten, I swear!Special Features:
- Good experienceBillVIPDined on 4/17/2014Our first time here. Seated immediately, fast service, great food. We shared scallops for an appetizer...the best we have had. My wife loved the duck. I had the catfish. Very good although I would have liked the batter coating to be a little thinner. Desert was a deconstructed lemon meringue pie...very interesting presentation and good.Special Features:
- Excellent Dining Experience!MUHeatherDined on 4/4/2014Service was top-notch, martini's amazing, food decadent, desserts to devour. Can't wait to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.