160 Jefferson St, Upper Level
San Francisco, CA 94133Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bistroboudin.com/
- Phone: 4159281849x2
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday 11:30am to 9:30pm
Friday - Saturday 11:30am to 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Californian
- Executive Chef: Misael Reyes
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Bistro Boudin is available for off-site catering in the SF Bay Area (including Marin and East Bay). Please contact our Sales Manager for further details and to schedule a tasting. (415) 928-8882 or email@example.com
- Special Events: We offer both private and semi-private dining with several diverse and versatile space options, each with stunning bay views and crowd pleasing imagery. Our private dining room also offers a 52″ HD Monitor with satellite capability and direct VGA laptop connectivity.
- Cross Street: Taylor St.
- Public Transit: The MUNI "F" Line drops passengers off directly in front of Boudin at the Wharf on Jefferson Street (between Mason and Taylor Streets).
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Validated parking available at the Fisherman's Wharf lot located directly behind our building. Entrance on Taylor St. (past Jefferson). 3 hours validation with dining receipt from Bistro Boudin. Be sure to have your ticket validated before leaving the restaurant.
A word from Bistro Boudin
Located on the upper level of Boudin at the Wharf, Bistro Boudin offers an ideal place to enjoy a leisurely meal. Warm and inviting with beautiful dark wood accents, Bistro Boudin features a full service bar ,Oyster /Tapas/ Raw bar and spectacular views of the waterfront. The menu is influenced by the abundance of seasonally fresh foods available in the San Francisco Bay Area and the restaurant is open for lunch and dinner.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bistro Boudin reviews from OpenTable diners
111 reviews since April 22, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (77)great for lunch (45)good for groups (34)kid-friendly (29)special occasion (26)fit for foodies (23)hot spot (19)romantic (17)great for brunch (17)neighborhood gem (16)great for outdoor dining (15)notable wine list (11)vibrant bar scene (10)late-night find (7)Show More
- Good serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2014Good food. Took awhile to come out. We didn't even notice but the manager apologized and gave us free drinks and dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ejoyed itljinsfDined on 8/12/2014Took out-of-town guests for lunch. Big range in age and we all ordered something different - salad, fish and chips, pizza. Good service and nice venueSpecial Features:
- Nice restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/5/2014Had a nice meal with my family. The Chowder was lovely but the meat wasn't the best but nice atmosphere and not too expensiveSpecial Features:
- Great Service and Food79HokieDined on 8/4/2014This is a very large restaurant, in the middle of the tourist area at Fishermans Wharf, however did not feel like a tourist restaurant. Food quality was excellent, and our server was on the ball. A bit noisy, not unexpected given size, had a mixture of appetizers and entrees, all very good.Special Features:
- nice to be theredidiDined on 7/31/2014It is a touristic hot spot but despite this, a highly recommendable restaurant at any time of the day. Excellent food from seafood to pizza and pasta makes it family friendly. charmy service, nice view, bakery to visit... a must to go in san francisco ...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great way to end a fun vacationmurphwmDined on 7/31/2014My wife and I went for lunch on our way to the airport at the end of our short vacation. We were in town for the San Francisco marathon, and enjoyed the city and surroundings tremendously. Boudin's famous sourdough bread and fresh baked cookies were a perfect way to cap the trip. I highly recommend the oatmeal raisin cookies. One of the best I have tried!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food! Casual atmosphere!Familyof4Dined on 7/30/2014Ate dinner here twice during our trip to San Francisco in July 2014. Seated promptly with our reservations. Reception pleasant and courteous. Wait staff attentive and helpful: First trip was Julie and second trip was Stephen. Both very professional, making good suggestions regarding the menu and very friendly. We all enjoyed our meals (myself, my husband and our children ages 16 and 11) and, of course, loved the clam chowder in the bread bowl! Yum!! Nice casual place to eat. Would definitely recommend a visit if you are at Fisherman's Wharf in San Francisco!Special Features:
- Sourdough!dininggirlDined on 7/30/2014Whenever we have friends or family come in from around the world we recommend meeting them at Bistro Boudin for lunch. What better place to experience the wonderful sourdough bread than from the fresh made loaves made in the bakery downstairs! Clam Chowder in a sourdough bowl along with a nice Chardonnay and you have the perfect SF lunch!Special Features:
- Club1136Dined on 7/29/2014We had a very good meal here with excellent service. Nice outdoor seating area. Inside by the windows facing the bay provides a nice spot too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tourist spotBurnsDined on 7/29/2014We had apps at the bar and dinner at a table. The food was good and priced according to its quality. The service however was not very good at all. This place is for tourists and they know you will not becoming back regardless of your experience. At the table My water was never refilled during the entire time I was there, my wine never topped off, and there was a very long wait time for our meals. At the bar We had to ask the bartender for the specials and raw bar selection. He told as he walked away so it was still difficult to hear then. We also had to ask for plates for our bread. ( we were the only people at the bar.) This type of service is not what you expect for a $200+ meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved the Bread Bowlvisitor10Dined on 7/27/2014Loved the clam chowder bread bowl and the view. The fish and chips was also great. Anchor Steam on tap is very, very good. Pretty crowded, as it is a tourist spot, but worth the crowds for the food and view. We went after lunch and before dinner, so it wasn't too bad. I would certainly go again.Special Features:
- Love the bread and attention!KittDined on 7/27/2014We made a last-minute (half hour in advance) reservation on a mega-busy afternoon and the honored it. The food was delicious as well! Got a great table and enjoyed this SFO Institution. Open Table works SO WELL!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outoftownerDined on 7/27/2014Crowded but a lot of fun on a Saturday afternoon. Excellent service and great vibe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VisitorAmInLoveDined on 7/26/2014It was definitely refreshing to enjoy after the boat tour I took that afternoon. I love that I was able to book through OpenTable and was immediately taken to my table at our reservation time.Special Features:
- Great food & atmosphere!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/25/2014We were seated right on time with our reservations and were given a great table out on the deck! What a wonderful view! The crab and corn bisque in the breadbowl was amazing! We got the petite but should have gotten the regular size! The crab cake sandwich was wonderful too! Lots of crab, not much "filler". Perfect! Prices were a little high, but not any different than other restaurants in the area. Overall wonderful experience and would definitely go back! Make reservations, as you are given water view table priority!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly goodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014Many choices suitable for children and tweens. The service was good and the wine list exceeded our expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014This location was overpriced (relative to "$$" rating via Urbanspoon). Food was tasty. We were seated at a 4-person booth, even though a party of 5 with a reservation. That was disappointing. We will not return.Special Features:
- BoudinplanetelaineDined on 7/25/2014Great food choices. My meal could have been warmer. Service a little slow. It was the waiter's first day on the job. Excellent view of the bay. Good ambience and nicely decorated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Much Better Than I ExpectedAltGirlTXDined on 7/19/2014I decided to give Bistro Boudin a try on my recent trip to SF based upon the recommendation of two of our hotel's concierges. Having walked by it a few times on the Pier, I wasn't expecting much, but I soon realized that the upstairs restaurant (different from the cafe below) was very nice with a fantastic menu and a great view of Alcatraz and the Golden Gate Bridge. The menu is so good that I had trouble deciding. Ultimately, I had the Dungeness Crab appetizer, Salmon, and my mother had Cioppino. The food was fresh and fantastic! We enjoyed the experience so much that we went back again the next night. Also - a special kudos to our waiter Stephen (with a ph). He was incredibly personable and friendly, and he made a good dinner fantastic.Special Features:
- Bistro BoudinKathyDined on 7/18/2014Although I thought this might just be a tourist destination, I was mistaken. It's a really nice restaurant with a great view. The staff were so very accommodating to me even though some of the people in my party were late, which is not the norm for SF restaurants. Overall, a very good experience.Special Features:
- OverpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014As with the Boudin chain, it's overpriced. Food and service were not what I expect for what ended being $80+ for two people.
- Great customer serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/17/2014Couldn't be happier. My nephew waved at the hostess saying hello and two minutes later she walks over with a turtle bread bowl for him to play with and eat. He was so happy for the rest of dinner, it made my whole family smile while watching him. Would highly reccomended this restaurant for families. Food was great and the atmosphere around the wharf is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dismal Choice for Hi-Profile Guestcyn88Dined on 7/17/2014I had a high ranking official visit us in SF. We selected this restaurant for its location to his Hotel. The service was rushed. The clam chowder was served "luke warm and watered down". Sad as it used to be SF's better clam chowders. I had to ask for bread. The meals were flavorless, mildly warm and over cooked. We were asked once for a reorder of cocktails, while our cocktail glasses remained 3/4 full. We had to ask for water refills 3 times. Dessert was also a miss, recommended by our ill-trained server, we should have known better...All in all, a bowl of street food chowder and fish 'n chips would have been a vast improvement over the $150.00 we spent in faire at Boudins. VERY disappointed. I must call management and ask for a refund!Special Features:
- Good placeyoriDined on 7/13/2014It was good and nice place. service was good and very enough food for two people. But onething is just little expensive for sunday lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014The service was good but the food not so much. I got a petit bread bowl, chowder was cold bread not fresh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best thing about San FranciscoOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/11/2014Always love Boudin!!! Amazing food and equally amazing service!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You pay for the viewnachozehrDined on 7/10/2014My recommendation would come with a caveat... Boudin was a good experience. There is the Boudin/San Francisco Mini Museum while you are waiting and you can watch them make their famous sourdough. The view of the Bay is phenomenal. However, you are paying for the history and the view. The food, while good is definitely over priced. I find that the best way to get the most for you money is to talk to your waiter and ask for personal recommendations. That way you wont end up paying $30+ for two scallops on a bead of beans, greens and pork fat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bistro BoudingiorgioDined on 7/10/2014We had a wonderful time there on our anniversary, we asked for a table with a good view, and they gave it to us! The food and service were excellent! We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Personal ReviewOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 7/6/2014We had a window seat, which is the best, and our server, Alvin, was so thoughtful, informative, pleasant and professional. Stellar company aside, the evening and dinner were just great. With one exception, I usually avoid the Wharf because so many places are so tourist-y. I have clumped Boudin into that category, but now see the error of my thinking and will definitely return, plus recommend it to others as well.Special Features:
- Recent Boudin VisitpietschsterDined on 7/5/2014I have a few key points to hit on: 1.) Our waiter was terrible. He was never around and we always had to ask someone else for more water 2.) We specifically came here to get one item on the menu and they didn't have it that night 3.) One of menu items we ordered was awful (seafood pizza). Soggy, under-cooked crust. Basically, I would not recommend this place to anyone.Special Features:
- Group DisappointmentSFRestaurateurVIPDined on 7/4/2014Made a reservation for 6 and arrived on time. Requested a window seating and was told by Rick that my request would be fulfilled. Taken to the back of the back room where the "window" seating was NOT a window seating. When I complained to the host and requested to speak to Rick, she just smiled. Rick NEVER showed up. Perhaps we were seated at the "back of the bus" because we were a multiracial group. I hope not but based upon those seated besides us, it visibly seemed that way. The food was undercooked, the server was overwhelmed and the bill came to more than $200. Overall, a very bad SF restaurant experience.
- Favorite SanFran Restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/3/2014During our four day trip to sanfran this place was our hands down favorite. Great food, atmosphere and you have got to check out the museum on the 2nd floor. So cool!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014It was a great experience. The food was delicious, our waitress was so so so nice and actually talked to us, not only about food and what we needed. The restaurant scene was very nice, definitely a return if we go back to San Fran!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Notable for Sourdough BreadAndiODined on 6/28/2014The bistro associated with the sourdough bread company is a nice, comfortable place with a great view. The menu had a lot of great selections, and their bread was served with everything. The soup served in the bread bowl was huge and delicious. All the entrees we got were enjoyable, and the service was great. They forgot to bring my entree and the restaurant comped it before I had even worried about it being late, so great attention to their customers. I would definitely recommend pogoing to this place.Special Features:
- Touristy, but okayPhydeaudeauxVIPDined on 6/26/2014You're paying for the location... no surprises there. The food is pretty good; we had scallops, salmon, and a filet mignon. Presentation was good, and service was good too. It might not stand up to the competition elsewhere in the city, but it's a decent place for nice meals with a view.Special Features:
- Ah-mazzzzingBurrandeeDined on 6/21/2014We had a fantastic dinner! Beautiful location, amazing food and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Crab goodDocZoidbergDined on 6/20/2014As a lobster, I love eating crabs. The crabs here are excellent with service to match. My malnourished love enjoyed the scallops. Whoop whoop whoop whoop.Special Features:
- foods are outstandingvictoriaDined on 6/15/2014Crab cake and calm chowder were tasty but the crab cake was a little bit expensive. The service was bad, the waiter didn't collect the empty plates.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not just good breadMaryDined on 6/2/2014Made last minute decision to eat here on our last night in SF. Welcoming reception. We liked our food : fishcake had flavour, tortillas were fresh and tasty and not smothered in sauce. service was very slow at first but then picked up. Our request to move to another table was met without too much fuss. Overall a good eating experience and we would happily go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sourdough heavenOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/1/2014Fantastic brunch! Fresh bread, delicious seafood and great ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.