160 Jefferson St, Upper Level
San Francisco, CA 94133Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bistroboudin.com/
- Phone: (415) 928-1849 ext. 2
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday 11:30am to 9:30pm
Friday - Saturday 11:30am to 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Californian
- Executive Chef: Misael Reyes
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Bistro Boudin is available for off-site catering in the SF Bay Area (including Marin and East Bay). Please contact our Sales Manager for further details and to schedule a tasting. (415) 928-8882 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Special Events: We offer both private and semi-private dining with several diverse and versatile space options, each with stunning bay views and crowd pleasing imagery. Our private dining room also offers a 52″ HD Monitor with satellite capability and direct VGA laptop connectivity.
- Cross Street: Taylor St.
- Public Transit: The MUNI "F" Line drops passengers off directly in front of Boudin at the Wharf on Jefferson Street (between Mason and Taylor Streets).
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Validated parking available at the Fisherman's Wharf lot located directly behind our building. Entrance on Taylor St. (past Jefferson). 3 hours validation with dining receipt from Bistro Boudin. Be sure to have your ticket validated before leaving the restaurant.
A word from Bistro Boudin
Located on the upper level of Boudin at the Wharf, Bistro Boudin offers an ideal place to enjoy a leisurely meal. Warm and inviting with beautiful dark wood accents, Bistro Boudin features a full service bar ,Oyster /Tapas/ Raw bar and spectacular views of the waterfront. The menu is influenced by the abundance of seasonally fresh foods available in the San Francisco Bay Area and the restaurant is open for lunch and dinner.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bistro Boudin reviews from OpenTable diners
106 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (68)great for lunch (38)good for groups (36)kid-friendly (30)fit for foodies (25)hot spot (21)special occasion (18)neighborhood gem (17)great for brunch (13)great for outdoor dining (12)romantic (10)vibrant bar scene (9)notable wine list (9)late-night find (6)Show More
- Reliable DiningBeenAroundDined on 11/12/2014More upscale than most establishments in the Fisherman's Wraf area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placePilotbumVIPDined on 11/7/2014Great touristy place but I'm not sure how many locals got there. The sourdough bread is what they're known for and the food is good. I had the Cioppino and it was good--slightly better than average but certainly not the best I've ever had.Special Features:
- Average mealsilverchikDined on 11/4/2014We had dinner for 2 adults & 2 kids. The bakery view was very entertaining for the kids. The soups were ok. Crab & corn chowder was mostly corn. The crab taco dinner was so smll, it looked like an appetizer instead of a meal. Service was average.Special Features:
- Great tourist stopNWGirlsDined on 11/1/2014Wonderful bread (though they could serve it warm to make it even better). Interesting museum with history of San Fran and how sourdough is made. Food is good and service was attentive. Nice views of the bay.Special Features:
- Overworked staffeurobearVIPDined on 10/24/2014It's heartbreakingly actually... Seeing so many immigrant workers being so stressed outSpecial Features:
- ExceptionalKyteDined on 10/24/2014The overall experience from reception to service and food was exceptional. Our friends from Kansas City, here for the World Series, were impressed and enjoyed their meals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bay view at Boudin ...OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/21/2014... except it was a little cloudy, not their fault!! We ate excellent (and very generously sized) appetisers before the main event, and enjoyed (between us) fresh fish, beef, a 'traditional' burger and more besides. Wine and drinks were good, if the cocktails were a little pricey.Special Features:
- Good, not greatJaredRVIPDined on 9/20/2014Boudin is convienantly located in the Fisherman's Warf area of San Francisco. The bread is really good but the food seemed to lack any kind of spice or kick. We added more salt and pepper to ours and it still needed more. The service was lacking. We were forgotten about several times and ended up waiting over ten minutes to get our check. If you go, just eat at the cafe downstairs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sour dough, sour doughMikeytodVIPDined on 9/20/2014Need I say enough! the food is awesome, I love me some San FranSpecial Features:
- Food was great, service not so muchLAS212Dined on 9/18/2014When we arrived for our 7pm reservation we were told that our reservation was for 2 and not 3. I pulled out my phone and our confirmation email clearly stated party of 3. After a long wait we are finally seated at our table and wait even longer for someone to come take our drink order. A waiter finally comes and takes our drink order and then we don't see him again. Another waiter asked if we had been helped and took or order again. Food was excellent. Once we got food no one came back to check on us. We had to flag someone down for a refill even though my husband never got one. To make things worse it was our anniversary. We complained to manager and she gave us 50% off our meal. But overall it was a bad experience.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014I took my girlfriend to Pier 39 for the day and had made reservations for lunch as a surprise. I was taken aback by the ambiance of the restaurant and the view of the bay and Acatraz Island. My girlfriend is a huge chowder fan, so we both ordered the chowder sourdough bread bowls and a wedge salad to share. The chowder was phenomenal and the wedge salad was out of this world. I particularly liked the applewood smoked bacon and aged bleu cheese. Overall, my girlfriend and I had a wonderful lunch and will be returning soon!Special Features:
- Slow servicecamkingVIPDined on 9/13/2014The bruschetta was almost entree-sized, but good. The brick chicken was also very nice, with standard fries. However, the service was chronically slow, when it existed at all. I was brought some bread as an appetizer, and some butter, and my server noted that I had no cutlery and never reappeared with any - in the end I asked another server. I noticed all the other servers going back and forth, but rarely ever saw mine. I know there's a drought in California, but surely this doesn't extend to not providing water refills. It even took 10 minutes for the check to be brought after I'd asked for it.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014The food was truly excellent, so delicious. The atmosphere and surrounding were great. We had such a great meal there, would defiantly recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best meal in USA so farHungrydcDined on 9/12/2014We booked online before we travelled to San Francisco because we hate wandering round wondering where to eat. We read several good reviews before booking and were not disappointed. We've eaten at a number of other places on our travels in the past week, but Bistro Boudin has been the best so far. It's an unusual setting above the bakery that serves all Boudin shops. The bistro, however, is a world away from the cafe downstairs. It looks very nice with lots of wood and the meals fit the ambience. We shared a grilled goats' cheese and then I had the bass and my wife had a steak. We couldn't manage a dessert, but everything we did have was delicious. It would be best to book. We were there on a Friday evening and the restaurant was full.Special Features:
- Average but good varietyZAZADined on 9/10/2014Bistro Boudin is located in Pier 41, not Pier 39, so make sure to tell your friends/family if they are meeting you there. I did have to wait 20 minutes for my party of 7 to be seated even though I had made reservations through open table every far in advance. The food was average, service was excellent minus the wait at the beginning. Smells of sourdough bread were amazing; however, they didn't seem to serve the freshly baked bread to our table. It is not an upscale experience but maybe worth the trip if you want a view of the ocean, some soup and sourdough bread. But I would pass on this if you have other options.Special Features:
- Service Very SlowOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/8/2014The service was the main issue here. Sat at the bar a half an hour before our reservation time, it was about half full at the bar, with two bartenders, yet it took (and I timed it) 14 minutes to get a drink. The food was just alright, not nearly as fresh as it should be being on the Wharf.
- Great GimletChinoise1Dined on 8/31/2014Started off with a basil gimlet. Very flavorful had mussels and garlic fries as appetizer. Nice. Fish tacos small but crusty bass was excellent. Lava cake with gelato was nice as well. Window table for two with view of Alcatraz.Special Features:
- Good ChowdersixsetoVIPDined on 8/24/2014We are locals and walk the waterfront frequently for exercise, stopping at Boudin's on occasion because dad enjoys the chowder. Been at this restaurant many times and the experience depends on which entrees you select. The seafood is good but you can get better plates elsewhere. Stay away from the sandwiches which are dry. Chowder is the only thing really worth ordering.
- The Bread was amazing!funkyVIPDined on 8/23/2014The view was incredible, of the bay and Alcatraz. We had the crab cake.... delicious. We also shared the halibut with a cioppino style broth with shellfish and fish chunks. It was excellent! We took a tour of the bread making factory. They had the steam and aromas drifting up to the tour area. The bakers were interacting with the viewers. It was a fun experience.Special Features:
- Great view, a little expensiveLadyTexanDined on 8/23/2014Definitely less crowded and cleaner that the Boudin cafe downstairs for a price. Crab and spinach appetizer is a must! Not a good clam chowder as advertised, sour dough pizza is pretty good. The server was excellent...worthy of a great tip. View of the bay is great, good for romantic dining. Food is hit or miss but definitely pricey. Need to know which good ones to order for the next visit. Resrvation a must even for lunch.Special Features:
- Great food, Amazing servicehappyoneDined on 8/19/2014The food at Boudin Bistro was fresh, tasty, and beautifully presented. However, you can find that at a lot of places in the area. What truly distinguished the experience was the service. My server actually, truly really cared if my dining experience was good or not. That led to excellent attention to detail so that i received everything i wanted, the way i wanted it, and on the perfect timing. In addition, although i was checked on periodically to see how everything was, it was not an annoying amount and it was clear that the person asking actually wanted to ensure everything was OK. (Unlike some places where they are just hoping you won't say there is a problem.) The view was very nice, too!Special Features:
- Bonne surpriseManuDined on 8/19/2014Personnel agréable, processus industriel maîtrisé :), soupe ok, crabe cake ok, frites à l'ail ok. Le service à l'étage permet de s'isoler !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good serviceEatfoodDined on 8/16/2014Good food. Took awhile to come out. We didn't even notice but the manager apologized and gave us free drinks and dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/12/2014Ask for Mike the server. Outstanding! Wonderful evening. Great food and viewSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ejoyed itljinsfDined on 8/12/2014Took out-of-town guests for lunch. Big range in age and we all ordered something different - salad, fish and chips, pizza. Good service and nice venueSpecial Features:
- Good diner but not morefredfifi57Dined on 8/5/2014We booked a table in order to try the famous clam chowder. The kids chose the sole. The food was good and the fish & seafood were fresh although no special care was brought as to the side dishes (mashed potatoes and vegetables) and the presentation. I think the reputation of the place is a bit exaggerated. However Bistrot Boudin may be a smart choice on Fisherman's Wharf considering the low-quality food served in the neighborhood. Service was good but not really warm and welcoming.Special Features:
- Nice restaurantMinzoDined on 8/5/2014Had a nice meal with my family. The Chowder was lovely but the meat wasn't the best but nice atmosphere and not too expensiveSpecial Features:
- Great Service and Food79HokieDined on 8/4/2014This is a very large restaurant, in the middle of the tourist area at Fishermans Wharf, however did not feel like a tourist restaurant. Food quality was excellent, and our server was on the ball. A bit noisy, not unexpected given size, had a mixture of appetizers and entrees, all very good.Special Features:
- nice to be theredidiDined on 7/31/2014It is a touristic hot spot but despite this, a highly recommendable restaurant at any time of the day. Excellent food from seafood to pizza and pasta makes it family friendly. charmy service, nice view, bakery to visit... a must to go in san francisco ...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great way to end a fun vacationmurphwmDined on 7/31/2014My wife and I went for lunch on our way to the airport at the end of our short vacation. We were in town for the San Francisco marathon, and enjoyed the city and surroundings tremendously. Boudin's famous sourdough bread and fresh baked cookies were a perfect way to cap the trip. I highly recommend the oatmeal raisin cookies. One of the best I have tried!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food! Casual atmosphere!Familyof4Dined on 7/30/2014Ate dinner here twice during our trip to San Francisco in July 2014. Seated promptly with our reservations. Reception pleasant and courteous. Wait staff attentive and helpful: First trip was Julie and second trip was Stephen. Both very professional, making good suggestions regarding the menu and very friendly. We all enjoyed our meals (myself, my husband and our children ages 16 and 11) and, of course, loved the clam chowder in the bread bowl! Yum!! Nice casual place to eat. Would definitely recommend a visit if you are at Fisherman's Wharf in San Francisco!Special Features:
- Sourdough!dininggirlDined on 7/30/2014Whenever we have friends or family come in from around the world we recommend meeting them at Bistro Boudin for lunch. What better place to experience the wonderful sourdough bread than from the fresh made loaves made in the bakery downstairs! Clam Chowder in a sourdough bowl along with a nice Chardonnay and you have the perfect SF lunch!Special Features:
- Club1136Dined on 7/29/2014We had a very good meal here with excellent service. Nice outdoor seating area. Inside by the windows facing the bay provides a nice spot too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tourist spotBurnsDined on 7/29/2014We had apps at the bar and dinner at a table. The food was good and priced according to its quality. The service however was not very good at all. This place is for tourists and they know you will not becoming back regardless of your experience. At the table My water was never refilled during the entire time I was there, my wine never topped off, and there was a very long wait time for our meals. At the bar We had to ask the bartender for the specials and raw bar selection. He told as he walked away so it was still difficult to hear then. We also had to ask for plates for our bread. ( we were the only people at the bar.) This type of service is not what you expect for a $200+ meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved the Bread Bowlvisitor10Dined on 7/27/2014Loved the clam chowder bread bowl and the view. The fish and chips was also great. Anchor Steam on tap is very, very good. Pretty crowded, as it is a tourist spot, but worth the crowds for the food and view. We went after lunch and before dinner, so it wasn't too bad. I would certainly go again.Special Features:
- Love the bread and attention!KittDined on 7/27/2014We made a last-minute (half hour in advance) reservation on a mega-busy afternoon and the honored it. The food was delicious as well! Got a great table and enjoyed this SFO Institution. Open Table works SO WELL!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outoftownerDined on 7/27/2014Crowded but a lot of fun on a Saturday afternoon. Excellent service and great vibe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VisitorAmInLoveDined on 7/26/2014It was definitely refreshing to enjoy after the boat tour I took that afternoon. I love that I was able to book through OpenTable and was immediately taken to my table at our reservation time.Special Features:
- Great food & atmosphere!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/25/2014We were seated right on time with our reservations and were given a great table out on the deck! What a wonderful view! The crab and corn bisque in the breadbowl was amazing! We got the petite but should have gotten the regular size! The crab cake sandwich was wonderful too! Lots of crab, not much "filler". Perfect! Prices were a little high, but not any different than other restaurants in the area. Overall wonderful experience and would definitely go back! Make reservations, as you are given water view table priority!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly goodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014Many choices suitable for children and tweens. The service was good and the wine list exceeded our expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.